New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 156895)

TWD *hand drawn* alternative translite - Completed!

By hassanchop

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 289 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by shovelhed
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 112 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

03D7AA30-DF26-40B8-BD9D-86DDDE3247E5 (resized).jpeg
B2621D69-F3F6-497A-ACE9-7EF47B816C52 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191011_092417_1~2 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
giphytwd.gif
P1010431 (resized).JPG
B1C72D3A-0419-41A7-AAFF-D8F186176FB9 (resized).jpeg
P1010422 (resized).JPG
P1010428 (resized).JPG
BE19F687-5FE0-4020-8D67-73A1DB94199F (resized).jpeg
20190613_162114 (resized).jpg
20190613_161355 (resized).jpg
20190613_172749 (resized).jpg
13651 (resized).jpeg
TWD_new_TL1 (resized).jpg
TWD_new_TL2 (resized).jpg

There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Glad I found this thread (thanks for the link in the club thread). Love your work and looking forward to seeing the premium version.

Is hassanchop creating a premium version or is this just wishful thinking? A premium version would be amazing though.

Gord

#102 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Is hassanchop creating a premium version or is this just wishful thinking? A premium version would be amazing though.
Gord

He suggested earlier in the thread that he is [Post #81]

#103 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Gord

Yes I am and it's already on the oven.
The pro version is at 99% already and will try to finish today. If not, monday.
Here is the premium wip:
(started with the background and the character colors will be next.)
the walking dead premium translite copy (resized).jpg

For the ones that just arrived, I am also gonna do a bloody version of the premium. Like all the characters full of blood splashes and darker than hell!

#104 1 year ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Yes I am and it's already on the oven.
The pro version is at 99% already and will try to finish today. If not, monday.
Here is the premium wip:
(started with the background and the character colors will be next.)
[quoted image]
For the ones that just arrived, I am also gonna do a bloody version of the premium. Like all the characters full of blood splashes and darker than hell!

This sounds good to me!

#105 1 year ago

And the pro is done!!
The first post of this topic says April 8th 2016. Today is April 12th 2019!! So this is actually a 3 year project now! At least I think it was worth the trouble. I really like it and will put on my pro as soon as I get it.
I am thinking of doing a run of the pro if there is interest. If so, pm me.

the wakling dead alternate translite pro copy (resized).jpg

the wakling dead alternate translite pro (resized).jpg

It's practically impossible to match the colors 100% because of the fluorescent lamp of the machine. I tried to compensate it's cold light a little. Anyway I think it will look awesome.

#106 1 year ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

And the pro is done!!
The first post of this topic says April 8th 2016. Today is April 12th 2019!! So this is actually a 3 year project now! At least I think it was worth the trouble. I really like it and will put on my pro as soon as I get it.
I am thinking of doing a run of the pro if there is interest. If so, pm me.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
It's practically impossible to match the colors 100% because of the fluorescent lamp of the machine. I tried to compensate it's cold light a little. Anyway I think it will look awesome.

Congrats on finally finishing it. I'm looking forward to seeing a few pics on a machine.

How much are you thinking if selling the translite for?

#107 1 year ago
Quoted from Micky:

Congrats on finally finishing it. I'm looking forward to seeing a few pics on a machine.
How much are you thinking if selling the translite for?

Straight above your post is a pic of the translite rendered on a machine. Looks awesome!!!

#108 1 year ago

Premium is coming along..

the walking dead alternate translite premium 1 copy (resized).jpg

the walking dead alternate translite premium 2 copy (resized).jpg

#109 1 year ago

That looks great

#110 1 year ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Premium is coming along..
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

This alternate TWD translite for the premium looks very nice indeed. Will these be available for purchase at some point and will they be printed on translite material (not sure what material is used).

I am definitely going to be in on one if they are available for purchase. Any idea on the price for these?

Gord

#111 1 year ago

Hi Gord, I have been in contact with OP. He says they will be printed the same way stern does them. I'm still waiting for a price.
I'd like to see what the premium looks like in the pro.
About your question: It’s inkjet in a thin polyester foil with aprox 0,15mm, specially used for translites. The process is the same as the traditional Stern translite. Don

#112 1 year ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

Hi Gord, I have been in contact with OP. He says they will be printed the same way stern does them. I'm still waiting for a price.
I'd like to see what the premium looks like in the pro.
About your question: It’s inkjet in a thin polyester foil with aprox 0,15mm, specially used for translites. The process is the same as the traditional Stern translite. Don

Thanks for the insight Don.

Gord

#113 1 year ago

Almost there!

the walking dead alternate translite premium 1 copy (resized).jpg

the walking dead alternate translite premium 2 copy (resized).jpg

#114 1 year ago

I’m in for a Premium! Looking forward to the finished product.

#115 1 year ago

When I started this project I always thought the pro (red and yellow) version would look much better because of it's crazy colors and originality. But looking at where the premium version is going, I know now that I was wrong. I was so wrong that I will stop looking for a pro and will buy the premium machine.

the wakling dead alternate translite 1 copy (resized).jpg

the wakling dead alternate translite 2 copy (resized).jpg

#116 1 year ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

When I started this project I always thought the pro (red and yellow) version would look much better because of it's crazy colors and originality. But looking at where the premium version is going, I know now that I was wrong. I was so wrong that I will stop looking for a pro and will buy the premium machine.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I think a big part of why your premium is looking better is the definition you are bringing out in the characters by using different shades. The pro looks to have one color on all the characters... beard, hair, etc. I like the sharing and color difference for the characters on the premium. If you did that for the pro it may look much better too?

#117 1 year ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Any chance there could be a bit of red in the lower portion where the zombies are? Or maybe you're not finished yet. Of course, it may not be the look you're going for, but thought I'd ask.

#118 1 year ago

Any chance you would print a premium version with the pro red sky? I think the red sky (pro) with the flesh tones (premium) would be the best. Any chance you could mock that up and post?

Awesome work! Can't wait to see those lit up.

#119 1 year ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Any chance you would print a premium version with the pro red sky? I think the red sky (pro) with the flesh tones (premium) would be the best. Any chance you could mock that up and post?

Was wondering that too.

Either way I usually don't like alternative translites but I think this one is great

#120 1 year ago

Not bad.

#121 1 year ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I think a big part of why your premium is looking better is the definition you are bringing out in the characters by using different shades. The pro looks to have one color on all the characters... beard, hair, etc. I like the sharing and color difference for the characters on the premium. If you did that for the pro it may look much better too?

Yeah the pro has 1 color on all characters, but with different shades. That is why on the premium you can see clearly what is happening. Either way I am following the cabinet art to match with these translites.

Quoted from Pinzap:

Any chance there could be a bit of red in the lower portion where the zombies are? Or maybe you're not finished yet. Of course, it may not be the look you're going for, but thought I'd ask.

Yes, I am not finished yet. I am following the cabinet art colors, and on the cabinet head you have walkers with blood on them. The lower walkers on the translite will be the same... bloody and gory..

Quoted from PBFan:

After millions of hours already on this project, I have to say that I won't do more changes. It's been 3 years and I need to see the end of it or I will get mad! hahahah
The files are like 4gb each, it's insane! I am doing these at real size at 300 dpi! Yes... that was a crazy thing to do. At least I can print the file the size of a building if I feel like it some day.

#122 1 year ago

p.s. I will do a bloody version after this one is ready.

#123 1 year ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

p.s. I will do a bloody version after this one is ready.

Sweet!! You just made my day!!

#124 1 year ago

Yeah the pro has 1 color on all characters, but with different shades. That is why on the premium you can see clearly what is happening. Either way I am following the cabinet art to match with these translites

The pro cabinet actually does have more details and is darker for hair, vest, crossbow, headband, etc. (Like your premium translite) I know you have put a lot of time into this but without the different shading / color it really does take away from detail in the beautiful art you have done. I would have a hard time not getting the premium for my pro as I really prefer the details on the premium with the skin tones and darker features where needed.

The point of getting this would be to really show off the artwork you have done and the premium does that hands down!

#125 1 year ago

^^^^^ I totally agree.

#126 1 year ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

The pro cabinet actually does have more details and is darker for hair, vest, crossbow, headband, etc.

Yeah the cabinet's yellow shades are all there. The difference is that it has way more black. I didn't put as much because it started to look way too dark. But after your comments I guess I can try it.
And ok you got me convinced, I will show a version with the premium characters and red background.

#127 1 year ago

Here is the test (lower part still has the with yellow colors):
I will also make a test with darker yellow shadows to try to make the translite yellows even closer to the cabinet. It would never be exactly the same art since one is a photoshopped picture and mine is hand drawn art... but they are close enough.
the wakling dead alternate translite 1 copy (resized).jpg

the wakling dead alternate translite 2 copy (resized).jpg

#128 1 year ago

Fed, I love it!!!

Quoted from hassanchop:

I will also make a test with darker yellow shadows to try to make the translite yellows even closer to the cabinet. It would never be exactly the same art since one is a photoshopped picture and mine is hand drawn art... but they are close enough.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

#129 1 year ago

Your comment really shows that this is the way to go, no questions

#130 1 year ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Now that looks bloody great!

#131 1 year ago

Premium is done!!

premium 1 copy (resized).jpg

premium 2 copy (resized).jpg

#132 1 year ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Premium is done!!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks great... interested in seeing the bloody version before committing to one or the other. But I'm definitely going to be in for one at least.

#133 1 year ago

I love the Pro Test version. Thanks for doing that. Awesome work! The Premium version makes me wish I had a Premium.

#134 1 year ago
Quoted from PBFan:

The Premium version makes me wish I had a Premium.

Haha I feel the same! I am looking for a pro at a nice price and when I look at this translite I wish I had money for a premium just to put the translite

#135 1 year ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Haha I feel the same! I am looking for a pro at a nice price and when I look at this translite I wish I had money for a premium just to put the translite

I'd recommend saving a little longer and getting a premium, I love my pro, play it just about every day, but I passed on a Premium for a little more money and then recently watched a premium sell locally that I wished I would have held out for. If Pro's don't come around often where you live then maybe grab the pro and if a premium shows up flip the pro and grab the premium.

#136 1 year ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I'm in for sure looks awesome.

#137 1 year ago
Quoted from roar:

I'd recommend saving a little longer and getting a premium, I love my pro, play it just about every day, but I passed on a Premium for a little more money and then recently watched a premium sell locally that I wished I would have held out for. If Pro's don't come around often where you live then maybe grab the pro and if a premium shows up flip the pro and grab the premium.

I had a change to buy an LE for 6.5k euros when the game came out. I didn't buy it because I thought the game wasn't that good back then.
When the game came out I thought that it had an amazing and original layout. I really like the loop around the bumpers shot, the roll overs that weren't used in pinball for years, the original design of the shots. It's originality on the design was really something that I haven't seen in many years in pinball. The art is good but not that impressive so no problem there.
But......... the code was boring. The game was ok but boring. Repetitive and without anything impressive. When the code was finished I totally changed my opinion on the game. I started playing on a bar about 40 km away from me. I started to do this 40 km trip just to play the game from time to time. And I fell in love with it.
Then I went looking for a premium or an LE. I couldn't find a premium because I think in Europe there aren't many that were sold. And the LEs were at 8k, 9k or more. I can't afford that. I was really disappointed and frustrated because I could have bought one if I had some faith lol
Right now I think this is one of the best games ever. I will have one for sure some day. If it's the pro then ok the pro it is. It's amazing as well.

#138 1 year ago

Looks awesome! Much better than any of the originals.

#139 1 year ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

This is AWESOME!!! Yes yes yes yes.

For the record, I love my pro and played it so so much that I decided to sell it get an LE.

I couldn’t stand the flow and play on the LE. Didn’t like bicycle girl ramp... didn’t like crossbow slowing down the flow. Just couldn’t get into it. Took me 2 years but eventually got my same pro back (paid more than what I sold it for) and couldn’t be happier. Really can’t wait to see it with this amazing translite artwork.

#141 1 year ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

paid more than what I sold it for

Welcome to the pinball world after 2015

This year I bought a sopranos for way more than I sold mine 4 years ago...lol

I am working on the bloody version and already sent a file to the printer to start the print test so I can check the colors.

#142 1 year ago

Bloody version:
(you guys think this is enough blood? lol)
the wakling dead alternate translite b copy (resized).jpg
the wakling dead alternate translite b2 copy (resized).jpg

#143 1 year ago

I guess the premium character colors with red background and with blood works nice on the pro as well. I am getting to way too much possible combinations

TWD pinball copy (resized).jpg

TWD pinball 2 copy (resized).jpg

#144 1 year ago

I like the bloody version, but with the non-red ‘Walking Dead’ title.

I have the Premium, and I think the regular title graphic would work better with the existing color scheme. Just my $.02.

#145 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I like the bloody version, but with the non-red ‘Walking Dead’ title.

Very nice!

I agree about the title though. I think the white title would make the red blood pop more. However, I know nothing like John Snow.

#146 1 year ago

I was thinking the same on the title color. Would still opt for the 'bloody' version, though!

#147 1 year ago

Hello Fed, this is the one I like for my Pro blood W/ White lettering.
Thanks Don.
Screenshot_20190426-154711_Chrome (resized).jpg

#148 1 year ago

Guess it’s unanimous... white lettering it is

#149 1 year ago

Fed, I must say you are very talented. I think it's a masterpiece just like the game!

#150 1 year ago

Made some blood adjustments, a little more here and there. And the white logo:
twd translite 1 copy (resized).jpg

twd translite 2 copy (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Uxbridge, MA
There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside