Topic Stats

• 125 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by Captainhook
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 54 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

the wakling dead alternate translite 2 copy (resized).jpg
the wakling dead alternate translite 1 copy (resized).jpg
the walking dead alternate translite premium 2 copy (resized).jpg
the walking dead alternate translite premium 1 copy (resized).jpg
the wakling dead alternate translite pro (resized).jpg
the wakling dead alternate translite pro copy (resized).jpg
the walking dead premium translite copy (resized).jpg
20190410_163622 (resized).jpg
20190410_163638 (resized).jpg
20190410_163657 (resized).jpg
walking dead translite new (resized).jpg
walking dead trabslite cabinet (resized).jpg
walking dead official stern flyer (resized).jpg
the wakling dead alternate translite 1 (resized).jpg

There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 7 days ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Glad I found this thread (thanks for the link in the club thread). Love your work and looking forward to seeing the premium version.

Is hassanchop creating a premium version or is this just wishful thinking? A premium version would be amazing though.

Gord

#102 7 days ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Is hassanchop creating a premium version or is this just wishful thinking? A premium version would be amazing though.
Gord

He suggested earlier in the thread that he is [Post #81]

#103 7 days ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Gord

Yes I am and it's already on the oven.
The pro version is at 99% already and will try to finish today. If not, monday.
Here is the premium wip:
(started with the background and the character colors will be next.)
the walking dead premium translite copy (resized).jpg

For the ones that just arrived, I am also gonna do a bloody version of the premium. Like all the characters full of blood splashes and darker than hell!

#104 7 days ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Yes I am and it's already on the oven.
The pro version is at 99% already and will try to finish today. If not, monday.
Here is the premium wip:
(started with the background and the character colors will be next.)
[quoted image]
For the ones that just arrived, I am also gonna do a bloody version of the premium. Like all the characters full of blood splashes and darker than hell!

This sounds good to me!

#105 6 days ago

And the pro is done!!
The first post of this topic says April 8th 2016. Today is April 12th 2019!! So this is actually a 3 year project now! At least I think it was worth the trouble. I really like it and will put on my pro as soon as I get it.
I am thinking of doing a run of the pro if there is interest. If so, pm me.

the wakling dead alternate translite pro copy (resized).jpg

the wakling dead alternate translite pro (resized).jpg

It's practically impossible to match the colors 100% because of the fluorescent lamp of the machine. I tried to compensate it's cold light a little. Anyway I think it will look awesome.

#106 6 days ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

And the pro is done!!
The first post of this topic says April 8th 2016. Today is April 12th 2019!! So this is actually a 3 year project now! At least I think it was worth the trouble. I really like it and will put on my pro as soon as I get it.
I am thinking of doing a run of the pro if there is interest. If so, pm me.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
It's practically impossible to match the colors 100% because of the fluorescent lamp of the machine. I tried to compensate it's cold light a little. Anyway I think it will look awesome.

Congrats on finally finishing it. I'm looking forward to seeing a few pics on a machine.

How much are you thinking if selling the translite for?

#107 6 days ago
Quoted from Micky:

Congrats on finally finishing it. I'm looking forward to seeing a few pics on a machine.
How much are you thinking if selling the translite for?

Straight above your post is a pic of the translite rendered on a machine. Looks awesome!!!

#108 3 days ago

Premium is coming along..

#109 3 days ago

That looks great

#110 3 days ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Premium is coming along..
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

This alternate TWD translite for the premium looks very nice indeed. Will these be available for purchase at some point and will they be printed on translite material (not sure what material is used).

I am definitely going to be in on one if they are available for purchase. Any idea on the price for these?

Gord

#111 3 days ago

Hi Gord, I have been in contact with OP. He says they will be printed the same way stern does them. I'm still waiting for a price.
I'd like to see what the premium looks like in the pro.
About your question: It’s inkjet in a thin polyester foil with aprox 0,15mm, specially used for translites. The process is the same as the traditional Stern translite. Don

#112 3 days ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

Hi Gord, I have been in contact with OP. He says they will be printed the same way stern does them. I'm still waiting for a price.
I'd like to see what the premium looks like in the pro.
About your question: It’s inkjet in a thin polyester foil with aprox 0,15mm, specially used for translites. The process is the same as the traditional Stern translite. Don

Thanks for the insight Don.

Gord

#113 2 days ago

Almost there!

#114 2 days ago

I’m in for a Premium! Looking forward to the finished product.

#115 1 day ago

When I started this project I always thought the pro (red and yellow) version would look much better because of it's crazy colors and originality. But looking at where the premium version is going, I know now that I was wrong. I was so wrong that I will stop looking for a pro and will buy the premium machine.

the wakling dead alternate translite 1 copy (resized).jpg

the wakling dead alternate translite 2 copy (resized).jpg

#116 1 day ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

When I started this project I always thought the pro (red and yellow) version would look much better because of it's crazy colors and originality. But looking at where the premium version is going, I know now that I was wrong. I was so wrong that I will stop looking for a pro and will buy the premium machine.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I think a big part of why your premium is looking better is the definition you are bringing out in the characters by using different shades. The pro looks to have one color on all the characters... beard, hair, etc. I like the sharing and color difference for the characters on the premium. If you did that for the pro it may look much better too?

#117 22 hours ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Any chance there could be a bit of red in the lower portion where the zombies are? Or maybe you're not finished yet. Of course, it may not be the look you're going for, but thought I'd ask.

#118 19 hours ago

Any chance you would print a premium version with the pro red sky? I think the red sky (pro) with the flesh tones (premium) would be the best. Any chance you could mock that up and post?

Awesome work! Can't wait to see those lit up.

#119 19 hours ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Any chance you would print a premium version with the pro red sky? I think the red sky (pro) with the flesh tones (premium) would be the best. Any chance you could mock that up and post?

Was wondering that too.

Either way I usually don't like alternative translites but I think this one is great

#120 19 hours ago

Not bad.

#121 19 hours ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I think a big part of why your premium is looking better is the definition you are bringing out in the characters by using different shades. The pro looks to have one color on all the characters... beard, hair, etc. I like the sharing and color difference for the characters on the premium. If you did that for the pro it may look much better too?

Yeah the pro has 1 color on all characters, but with different shades. That is why on the premium you can see clearly what is happening. Either way I am following the cabinet art to match with these translites.

Quoted from Pinzap:

Any chance there could be a bit of red in the lower portion where the zombies are? Or maybe you're not finished yet. Of course, it may not be the look you're going for, but thought I'd ask.

Yes, I am not finished yet. I am following the cabinet art colors, and on the cabinet head you have walkers with blood on them. The lower walkers on the translite will be the same... bloody and gory..

Quoted from PBFan:

After millions of hours already on this project, I have to say that I won't do more changes. It's been 3 years and I need to see the end of it or I will get mad! hahahah
The files are like 4gb each, it's insane! I am doing these at real size at 300 dpi! Yes... that was a crazy thing to do. At least I can print the file the size of a building if I feel like it some day.

#122 19 hours ago

p.s. I will do a bloody version after this one is ready.

#123 18 hours ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

p.s. I will do a bloody version after this one is ready.

Sweet!! You just made my day!!

#124 15 hours ago

Yeah the pro has 1 color on all characters, but with different shades. That is why on the premium you can see clearly what is happening. Either way I am following the cabinet art to match with these translites

The pro cabinet actually does have more details and is darker for hair, vest, crossbow, headband, etc. (Like your premium translite) I know you have put a lot of time into this but without the different shading / color it really does take away from detail in the beautiful art you have done. I would have a hard time not getting the premium for my pro as I really prefer the details on the premium with the skin tones and darker features where needed.

The point of getting this would be to really show off the artwork you have done and the premium does that hands down!

#125 15 hours ago

^^^^^ I totally agree.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Modesto, CA
9,250 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Hurricane, WV
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 16.00
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
$ 19.95
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 150.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marco Island, FL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 19.95
Sale Pending!
Gardner, MA
$ 14.95
$ 26.95
There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside