(Topic ID: 156895)

TWD *hand drawn* alternative translite - Completed!

By hassanchop

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 289 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by shovelhed
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

03D7AA30-DF26-40B8-BD9D-86DDDE3247E5 (resized).jpeg
B2621D69-F3F6-497A-ACE9-7EF47B816C52 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191011_092417_1~2 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
giphytwd.gif
P1010431 (resized).JPG
B1C72D3A-0419-41A7-AAFF-D8F186176FB9 (resized).jpeg
P1010422 (resized).JPG
P1010428 (resized).JPG
BE19F687-5FE0-4020-8D67-73A1DB94199F (resized).jpeg
20190613_162114 (resized).jpg
20190613_161355 (resized).jpg
20190613_172749 (resized).jpg
13651 (resized).jpeg
TWD_new_TL1 (resized).jpg
TWD_new_TL2 (resized).jpg
There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#56 7 years ago

This looks awesome, hows it coming along? I see its been a couple of months since any posts.

I've just purchased a TWD Pro, and was really disappointed to see the single boring flouro light behind the translite. I loved the fact I could make up a color scheme to suit the translite graphics and the machine wit my other Williams machines. Maybe someone has / could come up with an alternative translight back lighting system. I think I'll start another thread on this and make some inquiries.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from toeskneez:

This looks awesome, hows it coming along? I see its been a couple of months since any posts.

I just accepted a big project so this one is on hold right now. You know how it is.. paying costumers come before the personal projects hehehe
Will get back to this asap.

2 months later
#58 7 years ago

Any updates ?

1 month later
#59 6 years ago

Still not ready to pick this up again.
I apologize to all my fans (lol) for this horrendous delay, but I assure that you will all be compensated.
In the meantime I made a quick drawing of the tank (will be on the top left) because it's been way too much time without no updates:
Screen Shot 2017-05-10 at 10.46.41 (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-05-10 at 10.46.41 (resized).png

10 months later
#60 6 years ago

It’s has been a long time. Has this been abandoned now? Some really great work. Would have been cool to see it to completion.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

It’s has been a long time. Has this been abandoned now? Some really great work. Would have been cool to see it to completion.

This was not abandoned. It was left on standby since the Thunderbirds project started.
One day I will pick this up.

1 week later
#62 6 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

This was not abandoned. It was left on standby since the Thunderbirds project started.
One day I will pick this up.

Did you do the Thunderbirds art package?

#63 6 years ago

I was looking for something a bit less gory for my Premium. I just ordered this one.

EE242843-D70C-435D-91A5-8B2F06EED7D6 (resized).pngEE242843-D70C-435D-91A5-8B2F06EED7D6 (resized).png

#64 6 years ago

Just saw this for the first time. Very cool! My 2 cents would be to remove the font all together. I think it would be awesome without AMC or The Walking Dead written on it.
How are you drawing this? Is it all hand drawn on a computer?

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

Did you do the Thunderbirds art package?

Yes I did.

Quoted from chubtoad13:

How are you drawing this? Is it all hand drawn on a computer?

Yes, all hand drawn directly on the computer through a Cintiq.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Yes I did.

Yes, all hand drawn directly on the computer through a Cintiq.

Well done to you. I “think” I can see the similar style. It must have been a lot of work to do that remotely.

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

It must have been a lot of work to do that remotely.

Yes it was. I had to keep printing various versions on paper at real size to try to imagine how it would look on the machine. That and using the living room's LCD as it were the cabinet, to see the cabinet art big enough. lol

#68 6 years ago

Great job on TaG...

#69 6 years ago

TAG artwork is great!

10 months later
#70 5 years ago

Newsflash for all the fans, I have picked up this project again and will finish it this time.
It has been almost one year and a half hiatus and I am feeling the motivation to finish the project now.
So here is an update:
1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

#71 5 years ago

Hershel's house and Alexandria's wall is in:

#72 5 years ago

A few more details:

#73 5 years ago

More fun options.

TWD 2016rev22 PsT (resized).jpgTWD 2016rev22 PsT (resized).jpgTWD 2017 pst (resized).jpgTWD 2017 pst (resized).jpgWalking Dead V2 pst (resized).jpgWalking Dead V2 pst (resized).jpgpro2 pst (resized).jpgpro2 pst (resized).jpgwalking dead v3 pst (resized).jpgwalking dead v3 pst (resized).jpg
#74 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

More fun options.

If photoshopped crap is fun then you're all set

My money's with the custom designed hand drawn stuff the OP is working on from scratch (and without stealing other people's work).

Sorry, just not into a bunch of random stuff somebody pieced together with a Bing image search, which is probably severely lacking the proper 300 DPI resolution to make a sharp print.

#75 5 years ago

Looking way better than the stock translite on the Premium. Hopefully these will be for sale when you're done. I look forward to seeing how it comes out

#76 5 years ago

Can't wait to see the finished product

#77 5 years ago

Sign me up if this ever comes to fruition. I'd love a less scary one for my Premium.

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

More fun options.

Thank you for coming to my topic to try to sell your manure.
Please go now and take your turds with you because I don’t think this is the correct place for it.

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

More fun options.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’ve been looking for an alternative translite. How do I buy one of these?

#80 5 years ago

All the main stuff is done. Just a few details here and there to do:

Here is the complete canvas. The area outside the green lines is the bleed and will not be visible.
Usually, the bleed for something like this is 3 mm but I made 10 mm. I always make art with a huge bleed so I can make small frame adjustments when the work is on it's final stage. That gives me a little margin to work and make final decisions more loosely:
2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

#81 5 years ago

After the details I will move into coloring. I am thinking of doing 2 versions:
The one with the characters with something like a desaturated yellow over the red background:
Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 09.55.29 copy (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2019-03-08 at 09.55.29 copy (resized).jpg

And the one with the characters with realistic but a little desaturated colors over a desaturated green background:
the walking dead alternate translite twd 1 (resized).jpgthe walking dead alternate translite twd 1 (resized).jpg

This:
the walking dead alternate translite twd 2 (resized).jpgthe walking dead alternate translite twd 2 (resized).jpg

Over this background:
the walking dead alternate translite twd 3 (resized).jpgthe walking dead alternate translite twd 3 (resized).jpg

And maybe a version full of blood everywhere hehe

On all of them I will have to solve this problem:
I have a barn on fire and a tank firing a round. Those will need yellow and orange colors that will need to match the red background or the greenish background. I could make these fires fully red and greenish as well? Opinions are welcome

#82 5 years ago

This is almost done!

walking dead pinball alternate translite twd 46876 (resized).jpgwalking dead pinball alternate translite twd 46876 (resized).jpg

#83 5 years ago

Nice work as always. How about those JP side blades??

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Nice work as always. How about those JP side blades??

hahahah

#85 5 years ago

That is looking good.
Nice work!
I'm looking forward to seeing it with some colour.

3 weeks later
#86 5 years ago

All characters have shades and light now. (this is the pro version):
the walking dead alternate translite (resized).jpgthe walking dead alternate translite (resized).jpg

#87 5 years ago

The pro version is starting to look pro

the wakling dead alternate translite 1 (resized).jpgthe wakling dead alternate translite 1 (resized).jpg

the wakling dead alternate translite 2 (resized).jpgthe wakling dead alternate translite 2 (resized).jpg

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Coming together very well. Nice work! Looking forward to the premium version

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks very good, if you are asking for advice, the only recommendation I’d make is add some more solid black areas and lines to give more tonal contrast. Great work!

#90 5 years ago

Thanks for the updates. This is looking amazing. Great work. I agree this would look much better on my Pro compared to the stock translite.

#91 5 years ago

Could some one please help me out?
It's about the colors on the pro. I have been following the Stern's official flyer for the colors, but I see pictures of the machine and the cabinet side looks a little more yellow. Also, the tones of the official translite and the cabinet have this yellow difference.
What should I follow? The yellow-ish tone or the flyer's tone?

Check these images to see what I mean:
walking dead trabslite cabinet (resized).jpgwalking dead trabslite cabinet (resized).jpg
walking dead translite new (resized).jpgwalking dead translite new (resized).jpg
walking dead official stern flyer (resized).jpgwalking dead official stern flyer (resized).jpg

#92 5 years ago

Could anyone check their machine and confirm this, please?

#93 5 years ago

If no one helps me I guess I will have to make something in between...
I had a TWD pro on location at a bar nearby but not anymore. Guess I won't be seeing one soon.

#94 5 years ago

I would but have a premium.

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I would but have a premium.

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Could anyone check their machine and confirm this, please?

What is it you want checked? I can take a picture of my translite and my side cabinet, would that help?

You could also try asking the TWD owners thread, that one likely gets more views than this one.

#97 5 years ago

Here's some pics

20190410_163622 (resized).jpg20190410_163622 (resized).jpg20190410_163638 (resized).jpg20190410_163638 (resized).jpg20190410_163657 (resized).jpg20190410_163657 (resized).jpg
#98 5 years ago

Sorry mine is on location and I don’t expect to go there until next week. However the pamphlet tones do not look correct. It looks pale or washed out. The other pic looks more true to what I remember seeing on my pro.

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

What is it you want checked? I can take a picture of my translite and my side cabinet, would that help?
You could also try asking the TWD owners thread, that one likely gets more views than this one.

Done, thanks!

Quoted from Captainhook:

Here's some pics
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the pics. The cabinet does look more yellow toned than the translite.

Quoted from pinchamp:

Sorry mine is on location and I don’t expect to go there until next week. However the pamphlet tones do not look correct. It looks pale or washed out. The other pic looks more true to what I remember seeing on my pro.

Yeah that is the conclusion I am getting at based on your comments and pics. Will wait to see what more guys say at the club and will get back here with the final conclusion.

#100 5 years ago

Glad I found this thread (thanks for the link in the club thread). Love your work and looking forward to seeing the premium version.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.95
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 26.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-hand-drawn-alternative-translite-wip/page/2?hl=micky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.