Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by cantbfrank
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Having an issue with my The Walking Dead. Randomly, many of the inserts flash rapidly, at the same time, all the GI goes out. Some of the inserts are only partially on, like ghosting.

They are not all on a common row or column. Verified connectors on CPU board were secure. All lights function normally in light test modes.
Occurs during gameplay, as well as attract mode. Started happening after elevating playfield to fix a mechanical problem with the drop targets.

Thinking about doing a code update and seeing what happens.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

#2 3 years ago

Seen similar with a friends TWD where the inserts went crazy in some areas. We reset the 5v power connectors on the playfield. The fact that it started after lifting the playfield is probably a clue. Maybe reset all connectors in the related areas and see if you get some improvement. I wouldnt think it was code.

#3 3 years ago

Check the connectors on the playfield. Same thing happened to me recently, was a loose connection near the multi-kill lights.

#5 3 years ago

Call stern they will send you a replacement cable ...Had the same problem on my LE connector was burnt

#6 3 years ago

I really hope somebody would reproduce that cable with a much better one. I am in if somebody can make it.
btw mine had the same problem and one of the gi light sockets had a broken insulation disc. good luck

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-le-lights-going-crazy

I put all my info in this thread. hope it can be of help.

#7 3 years ago

Had same problem. Called Stern and they sent a replacement cable. I changed it last night and working great.

I also think they have the same problem with Mustang.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Livingston, NJ
$ 19.95
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside