stern-wheresthecode-inventory-twd.jpg
WD Orbit Fix.jpg
IMG_93358714417275.jpeg
wonka meme.jpg
archer meme.jpg
354699.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

There are 205 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#152 9 years ago

Its been way to long for an update. Expectations are beyond high at this point. I have no idea why we do not get a bug fix with some code updates along the way and why we have to wait months to fix simple issues. It just seems stupid.

#153 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Its been way to long for an update. Expectations are beyond high at this point. I have no idea why we do not get a bug fix with some code updates along the way and why we have to wait months to fix simple issues. It just seems stupid.

Get in line. Star Trek is next.........

#154 9 years ago

stern-wheresthecode-inventory-twd.jpgstern-wheresthecode-inventory-twd.jpg

#155 9 years ago

Not all the way through the middle, only about a third of the way up.

#156 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

stern-wheresthecode-inventory-twd.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Awesome design.

#157 9 years ago

I dunno know, I am really enjoying this pin as is.

#158 9 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I dunno know, I am really enjoying this pin as is.

Cake can be tasty without the icing

#159 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Cake can be tasty without the icing

Haha, well I hope we just had the icing and the cake is yet to come...

#160 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

stern-wheresthecode-inventory-twd.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Flash, what software do you use to make all those images, photoshop? You come up with them so quick and they all look so good!

#161 9 years ago

Gamecode is being worked on so I think with a little patience, this will all be ok and one of sterns best.

I think the pin is already a blast to play. Played it all weekend and haven't got crossbow multiball or siege yet. I even struggle to figure out some mode rules like cdc. And still learning when the best shots are there to use my multiplier.

I think barn mode needs some extra animations, well walker better progress and jackpot calls.

I do see the adjustements has already a lot of settings for horde so that's promising.

#162 9 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Flash, what software do you use to make all those images, photoshop? You come up with them so quick and they all look so good!

Photoshop during break times

1 month later
#163 8 years ago

anyone get the glitch now and again where when extra ball is lit and you get it into Woodbury during MB and it does not register?

#164 8 years ago

that's correct, if ball save is running in multiball, it will not award the extra ball.

#165 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

anyone get the glitch now and again where when extra ball is lit and you get it into Woodbury during MB and it does not register?

Yes

#166 8 years ago

They could code it that it's available all the time, and for example the switch is ignored after a ball launch. Though I think that for broken switch compensation, the shooter lane could trigger it too, and then I would make more sense. So it actually doesn't bother me.

#167 8 years ago

I want Prison Multiball to be obtainable during Wellwalker multi.

#168 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I want Prison Multiball to be obtainable during Wellwalker multi.

Ditto!

#169 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You are not alone. A lot of people's crossbows can't make it up that ramp.

crossbow sucks its really a useless feature imho, my buddies come over and see this toy and when it gets activated its a dud. the crossbow shot is weak, it sucks! did I say it sucks?

#170 8 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

crossbow sucks its really a useless feature imho, my buddies come over and see this toy and when it gets activated its a dud. the crossbow shot is weak, it sucks! did I say it sucks?

The weirdest thing is that my crossbow was never able to make it up the left ramp, but all of the sudden it can. I was playing one day and decided to shoot the left ramp just for the hell of it. To my surprise, it made it up there easily. When I first bought the game, I experimented a ton and my crossbow wouldn't even come close to making that shot. Perhaps it might have something to do with me changing the coil pulse to strong a while back. Either that, or it's possible that the tweaks I made to make the lift ramp smoother somehow helped. At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter. I'm almost certain Lyman is going to code around it on the next update. There are simply too many games out there with weak crossbows that can't make that shot.

#171 8 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

It does lead to a 4 ball multiball (if your crossbow works properly) after 3 successful shots. I have only achieved that twice since the machine was released.

Crossbow tip : Shoot early for the left ramp (when its moving left to right). if you miss you have a chance to hit something with a flipper and cheat the system.

#172 8 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Crossbow tip : Shoot early for the left ramp (when its moving left to right). if you miss you have a chance to hit something with a flipper and cheat the system.

That's virtually the only way to hit the tunnel shot with the crossbow. You have to miss, get lucky that the ball doesn't trigger any switches, and then nail the shot with the flipper.

#173 8 years ago

Due to the shot difficulty, I think it would be cool to throw a short timer (~5 sec?) on the crossbow mode, and control the position of the crossbow with the flipper buttons. Would make shot selection more interesting and more makeable, and gives you the feeling of actually aiming something.

My 2 cents

#174 8 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Due to the shot difficulty, I think it would be cool to throw a short timer (~5 sec?) on the crossbow mode, and control the position of the crossbow with the flipper buttons.

That's not a bad idea, but I wonder if it would even be possible.

#175 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I bet it wouldn't take too much to make the change. Just need to code it like the claw on Demo man right?

#176 8 years ago

I'd love to aim the crossbow and make the jackpot drop with every wasted millisecond.

#177 8 years ago

Holy crap that's an amazing idea. It would really make that toy a lot more fun. Great thinking.

#178 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I bet it wouldn't take too much to make the change. Just need to code it like the claw on Demo man right?

Not sure. I think the motor on the crossbow only rotates in one direction. You would probably need to add some type of controller board. I've never really looked at the mech closely, though, so I could be way off.

#179 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Not sure. I think the motor on the crossbow only rotates in one direction. You would probably need to add some type of controller board. I've never really looked at the mech closely, though, so I could be way off.

This is my thought as well. The sweeping motion is likely a mech design with a motor turning in one direction (think of your windshield wipers for example). 1 complete cycle is probably left to right to left.

I don't have access to an LE to verify though.

#180 8 years ago

Well I went ahead and decided to jump in. TWD Premium coming my way.

#181 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I knew you would be converted eventually. Congrats!

#182 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Welcome to the club! I've been enjoying my Premium since Christmas, especially after customizing all the sound call outs.

#183 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Wow, what changed? I know you were really frustrated with some of the drains from the magnet and the pops. Congrats! I plan on picking up one as well.

#184 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Congrats. It is a super fun game! It is like Tron to me where I can't play just one game. I assume you will be changing your 5.8 rating of the LE/Premium now

#185 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Admittedly I know nothing about the mechanism but I think it's very possible. AFAIK the crossbow can travel both directions already and i'm assuming it's a simple dc motor controlled by two end position switches?

Ideally it would be done with a stepper motor, but as it is, the flipper buttons would simply turn the motor on in the proper direction as long as held, and the end switches stop the action to halt overrotation of the crossbow/motor.

All the required signals are available in the game to my knowledge - in fact I would bet it could be rigged up to work that way already with a bit of modding and minor rewiring of the crossbow motor. If Stern has some fancy travel gear mechanism that reverses the crossbow direction then you would be limited to control in only one direction (ie the ADVANCE direction) but I still think that would be more fun.

EDIT: Based on a quick read of the Austin Powers schematics, the motor only advances in one direction There is a relay to turn it on and off. No direction switching.

It's also seemingly run on 24v AC which I think prevents any modding from accomplishing the same feat...
Sorry guys

Capture5.PNGCapture5.PNG

Capture3.PNGCapture3.PNG

#186 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'd love to aim the crossbow and make the jackpot drop with every wasted millisecond.

It also might be fun if the walker is "wandering" back and forth between shots while you're in control of the crossbow. The walker could stop periodically, giving you an opportunity to shoot when still (less points) or moving (big points).

#187 8 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Wow, what changed? I know you were really frustrated with some of the drains from the magnet and the pops. Congrats! I plan on picking up one as well.

The only thing that changed was the fact that I played an LE, and I had almost no SDTM drains from the pops! I did get a couple SDTM drains from the magnet, but this isn't a huge deal to me compared to the terrible SDTM drains I was getting from the pro that I played...on several occasions.

I still don't really understand it. The pop area is designed the same on the pro and the LE as far as I can tell. But I know that there are many posts by people stating that the pro has SDTM issues from the pops and the LE does not.

I had a hard time believing those posts before I played an LE. They were right.

Plus I know Lyman is going to improve the code on this big time.

#188 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Congrats. It is a super fun game! It is like Tron to me where I can't play just one game. I assume you will be changing your 5.8 rating of the LE/Premium now

No clue how that happened. That should have been for the pro.

#189 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The only thing that changed was the fact that I played an LE, and I had almost no SDTM drains from the pops! I did get a couple SDTM drains from the magnet, but this isn't a huge deal to me compared to the terrible SDTM drains I was getting from the pro that I played...on several occasions.
I still don't really understand it. The pop area is designed the same on the pro and the LE as far as I can tell. But I know that there are many posts by people stating that the pro has SDTM issues from the pops and the LE does not.
I had a hard time believing those posts before I played an LE. They were right.
Plus I know Lyman is going to improve the code on this big time.

Just in case add a Cliffy post sleeve to the post where it exits the pops and you are guaranteed no drains from the pops. I also recommend mods from the Pinball Refinery if you are going to mod it at all. Here is a video of my LE with ALL the Pinball Refinery's mods in action.

#190 8 years ago

Well. My wife made me do it. Haha. Ordered a TWD premium for her. Like to see some new code right away.

#191 8 years ago

The small piece of felt on the right orbit exit from the left is a must and sends the ball directly back to the right flipper, at lightning speeds mind you. Congradulation's RobT I knew it was just a matter of time, glad you will get to experience this game to its fullest.

#192 8 years ago

Couldn't you just aim the cross bow by tapping the buttons and if you swing too far, holding them until the motor travels all the way to the right and back?

I'd still rather have it be user controlled than what it is now.

#193 8 years ago

yeah i think you could still let it wander back and forth, right now it goes so fast, you hardly have time to line it up or make a decision, and the shot is a LOT harder than ac/dc.

#194 8 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

It does lead to a 4 ball multiball (if your crossbow works properly) after 3 successful shots. I have only achieved that twice since the machine was released.

^^^^this is awesome but I can hardly trigger the crossbow one in 5 games played let alone 3 succ. shots to get a multi ball. this would be great (if I could ever do it)

#195 8 years ago

Re: STDM from the pops... I truly believe it's how the game is pitched. The playfield on both versions is identical in that area. Transformers was the same way... half a degree made a world of difference. Same with TWD.

Anyway, it's a fun game and the custom voices are a must. Hopefully new code in the next couple of weeks.

#196 8 years ago

On my pin I did all shots with crossbow. Tunnel is the hardest but possible.
The coil power is set to normal.

I will wait for the next update. If nothing will changed in the crossbow feature I had following idea to make an crossbow mod:

Put a little micro controller into it. Check if crossbow is moving.
If you hold the left flipper button, the power of the motor will be stop for a short time. Press fire or release the button. Try again.
Not too often, not to long because the machine will goes to ball search.

What do you thing? It's simple and possible.

#197 8 years ago
Quoted from Gnassel:

On my pin I did all shots with crossbow. Tunnel is the hardest but possible.
The coil power is set to normal.
I will wait for the next update. If nothing will changed in the crossbow feature I had following idea to make an crossbow mod:
Put a little micro controller into it. Check if crossbow is moving.
If you hold the left flipper button, the power of the motor will be stop for a short time. Press fire or release the button. Try again.
Not too often, not to long because the machine will goes to ball search.
What do you thing? It's simple and possible.

Sounds like something to be attempted after warranty is up. The problem you will come across is that once you kill power the crossbow will still move slightly to the right from power loss, so your left flipper kill option will have to be done a half inch in advance. You can see what I mean by putting game in test and or loading crossbow then killing power.

#198 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Was there ever any doubt? Nope. Congrats Rob!

1 month later
#199 8 years ago

It sure would be a sweet Monday if the new code would drop tomorrow....

#200 8 years ago

By the look on his face... Rick feels a Horde is coming..

horde.jpghorde.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 49.99
6,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 8.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 205 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-game-code/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.