Topic Stats

• 205 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by T-800
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Capture3.PNG
Capture5.PNG
horde.jpg
stern-wheresthecode-inventory-twd.jpg
WD Orbit Fix.jpg
IMG_93358714417275.jpeg
wonka meme.jpg
archer meme.jpg
354699.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

There are 205 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 4 years ago

Played tonight about a dozen games. Probably got a SDTM drain from the magnet twice and at least 6 of the pop bumpers. I do have the ball safe set to 12 seconds which helps a lot.

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

As for Stern, my wallet is closed, I don't care what pin it is in the future, I'll play first, wait until code gets done and then decide.
It's just so bizarre the pop drains that some pins seem to have. I think just a hair of difference on the level makes a huge difference on the flow.
I'm glad to see so many others not having problems

Yeah maybe a level issue? When it comes to SDTM from the barn magnet I've only had it happen twice in several hundred games funny thing is I'm more likely to have the ball get pushed backwards resulting in a zombie hit lol

#103 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Played tonight about a dozen games. Probably got a SDTM drain from the magnet twice and at least 6 of the pop bumpers. I do have the ball safe set to 12 seconds which helps a lot.

Try dropping the left front leg down a hair and see if that helps.

Two SDTM's on prison magnet in 12 games seems like a lot, I'll get them sometimes when I just started Prison MB which doesn't matter with the ball save. Are you holding both flipper buttons in for the pulse before the animation ends?

#104 4 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Yeah maybe a level issue? When it comes to SDTM from the barn magnet I've only had it happen twice in several hundred games funny thing is I'm more likely to have the ball get pushed backwards resulting in a zombie hit lol

Yeah me too, my prison magnet is pretty active, I've had it shoot off the head and side drain a few times really fast.

#105 4 years ago

prison magnet isnt an issue for me....hitting the prison zombie head is always precarious.....thats the sdtm

#106 4 years ago

My machine is perfectly level but I get SDTM from pops if its a slow ball that doesn't touch the post.

#107 4 years ago

I'm recieving my TWDLE tonight!
Let's wait and see what problems await me.
I'm downsizing my collection considerably, i almost always play the same 3 or 4 pins. And rest was collecting dust. So i sold them and put the money to other good use.

#108 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Indeed. If it is eight months that means I will be missing out on Game of Thrones as well as Wrestlmania LE, I refuse to buy another stern product until the code is done on both TWD and ST.

+ 1

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

prison magnet isnt an issue for me....hitting the prison zombie head is always precarious.....thats the sdtm

The prison zombie is definitely a dangerous shot. The nice thing about the code is that you can limit your zombie shots by shooting the safer lit shots to collect the letters instead.

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Two SDTM's on prison magnet in 12 games seems like a lot,

SDTM on Siege start is much more annoying!

#111 4 years ago

How do you start Siege anyway? I heard you have to get 12 Jackpots during Prison MB? Is that right?

#112 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

How do you start Siege anyway? I heard you have to get 12 Jackpots during Prison MB? Is that right?

That is the guide i am going by right now. Someone also said that there is an adjustment in the settings for that number, so that could verify the rule. Hard to maintain a count. It's definitely determined by Prison Multiball and how well you do.

From my experience you can do it in multiple multiballs to get there. Siege also continues from ball to ball, if you drain in the middle of it.

#113 4 years ago

12 prison MB jackpots is correct to start Seige, and you can adjust that number in the menus.

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

12 prison MB jackpots is correct to start Seige, and you can adjust that number in the menus.

Does a double jackpot count as two?

#115 4 years ago

I didn't like the ball hanging up in the pops with the left orbit shot, so I put a tiny piece of felt at the end of the guide. Now I get a full left orbit shot return to the left flipper, every single time. It's fast and you have to be ready for the ball!

WD Orbit Fix.jpg

#116 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I didn't like the ball hanging up in the pops with the left orbit shot, so I put a tiny piece of felt at the end of the guide. Now I get a full left orbit shot return to the left flipper, every single time. It's fast and you have to be ready for the ball!

WD Orbit Fix.jpg 139 KB

How, if at all, does it affect the right orbit shot? Mine, out of the box, gets stopped by the end of the piece that you put your felt on about 75% of the time.

#117 4 years ago

It's a tight shot through the bumpers anyway, but I have no problem with it. It's amazing that such a thin piece of felt can make that difference, but it works great.

#118 4 years ago

What happend to the guy who demanded new code by the deadline of Jan 31st via an online petition to Stern? We can all look back and have a good laugh by now (or cry)

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

How, if at all, does it affect the right orbit shot? Mine, out of the box, gets stopped by the end of the piece that you put your felt on about 75% of the time.

That shouldn't be happening. Your ball guide might be out of alignment.

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

What happend to the guy who demanded new code by the deadline of Jan 31st via an online petition to Stern?

He's still awesome.

#121 4 years ago

So under my bicycle ramp I just noticed the ramp has made an indentation in the playfield. It is the size of a fingernail, you can see the wood. It looks like it went through the thin piece of Mylar. I have the ramp fix on the way from Stern. Is it worth making a stink to Stern about it? I probably would have not noticed it had I not just put in the bicycle girl lighting mod sucks

#122 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

So under my bicycle ramp I just noticed the ramp has made an indentation in the playfield. It is the size of a fingernail, you can see the wood. It looks like it went through the thin piece of Mylar. I have the ramp fix on the way from Stern. Is it worth making a stink to Stern about it? I probably would have not noticed it had I not just put in the bicycle girl lighting mod sucks

If you want to get more upset, raise a stink to them. Because they won't care and won't do a thing. Trust me I know from experience.

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

It's a tight shot through the bumpers anyway, but I have no problem with it. It's amazing that such a thin piece of felt can make that difference, but it works great.

Wow, that's a great idea Cleland, I'm gonna try that!

Gweem, how is your WW base cushion going, is it still on there?

#124 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Easy fix, get some of the very thin felt from Hobby Lobby, about a buck for a sheet, and cut it to cover screws on the bottom. Problem solved.

I also put down "cling vinyl" in that spot on the play field to help prevent damage.

Works like a charm.

#125 4 years ago

I'm thinking about trying some of the same felt on the WW base as the rest of the sticker they put on peels off.

I haven't even applied the "ramp fix" i got from Stern yet. Haven't seen need to.

Best thing I did with this pin is put the Superbands on my flippers. Has made a HUGE difference for me in controlling these tight shots!

#126 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Gweem, how is your WW base cushion going, is it still on there?

No. It started peeling off right away. I've been at bare metal for a while now. The game plays and looks fine. I have a brand new decal, but to be honest, I see absolutely no reason to install it. The thing will just get destroyed again.

#127 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

No. It started peeling off right away. I've been at bare metal for a while now. The game plays and looks fine. I have a brand new decal, but to be honest, I see absolutely no reason to install it. The thing will just get destroyed again.

They sent me a new decal too but I'm not putting it on. Pointless.

Ahhh well, life it too short to sweat the small stuff as they say.

#128 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

WD Orbit Fix.jpg 139 KB

This might be one of my fav mods for TWD, this small piece of felt has made the left orbit shot way better as it worked perfect and now sends the ball back to the left flipper and fast I tell you, big improvement and thanks for the ingenuity fella. Must do for all TWD owners.

#129 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

This might be one of my fav mods for TWD, this small piece of felt has made the left orbit shot way better as it worked perfect and now sends the ball back to the left flipper and fast I tell you, big improvement and thanks for the ingenuity fella. Must do for all TWD owners.

Yup, simple fix that makes a huge improvement to the flow of the game!

#130 4 years ago

I had a weird situation today where I was in the middle of a multiball and one of the balls somehow wound up back in the shooter lane. Instead of the game auto-launching it, it just let the ball sit there. Clearly a bug.

#131 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Yup, simple fix that makes a huge improvement to the flow of the game!

No doubt a must do for the orbit,I love that shot so much now

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I had a weird situation today where I was in the middle of a multiball and one of the balls somehow wound up back in the shooter lane. Instead of the game auto-launching it, it just let the ball sit there. Clearly a bug.

This happens to me frequently. It thinks its in the "woodbury skill shot mode" in the middle of multiball.

#133 4 years ago

I hope the new code add a call out for Ball Save - every other game I have has one

1 week later
#134 4 years ago

So TWD is scheduled as a PAPA Division A game this year. Tourney starts March 11.

Any chance Lyman could get an update out in the next week?

#135 4 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I hope we get it, but I think the line starts behind Star Trek..

What are the changes you feel need to be made

#136 4 years ago
#137 4 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

What happend to the guy who demanded new code by the deadline of Jan 31st via an online petition to Stern? We can all look back and have a good laugh by now (or cry)

He got ejected from the thread he started

#138 4 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

He got ejected from the thread he started

say it aint so!

#139 4 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

So TWD is scheduled as a PAPA Division A game this year. Tourney starts March 11.
Any chance Lyman could get an update out in the next week?

I don't think it needs one to be a good pin for competition at this point. Yes, there's the chance for a few scores to blow it up via CDC and Arena, but the impact on the competition is neutralized by the PAPA ticket qualifying format.

If there's a new release for PAPA, recent history suggests it will only be released for the tourney, and often times, the official published new code comes much later. This is what took place with ACDC at Expo 2 years' back.

#140 4 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

What are the changes you feel need to be made

I don't feel like I'm going anywhere/working towards anything. It seems like there is Well walker multiball & Siege and that's it. Woodbury is just a glorified skill shot.
The game has potential and I know it's early. I'm just drawn more to Metallica at this point if I'm turning on a game. Code could change that feeling. I love the theme & the dot matrix work is great. But if you told me that this was it, I would tell you that the game would probably be gone by Christmas.

#141 4 years ago

As long as Horde and whatever the final mode is gets included with the next update and I would like better use of the GI, all red during bloodbath then I'm fine with it as is, beyond that would be a bonus. Siege mode is by far for someone with my taste the coolest mode in pinball that I have encountered, not that the shots are anything special but the music/SFX animations and frantic nature are simply amazing.

#142 4 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I don't feel like I'm going anywhere/working towards anything. It seems like there is Well walker multiball & Siege and that's it. Woodbury is just a glorified skill shot.
The game has potential and I know it's early. I'm just drawn more to Metallica at this point if I'm turning on a game. Code could change that feeling. I love the theme & the dot matrix work is great. But if you told me that this was it, I would tell you that the game would probably be gone by Christmas.

butch did you play and LE? just might change your opinion!

#143 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

butch did you play and LE? just might change your opinion!

Only got to play 1 game on an LE. I wouldn't mind upgrading but I just don't see 2G worth there. I enjoy TWD for what it is right now, but I have an expectation of more at some point. If more doesn't come, then it might not stay..

#144 4 years ago

There's a TON of shit to still get done. Really disappointing that Stern won't F ing finish pins off.

I'd say don't buy it, unless and IF they ever finish it.

I will NEVER buy another Stern pinball machine or any other pinball machine until its "finished" or at least we get some communication.

This is total BS.

#145 4 years ago

It really is terrible, but I'll probably buy another New Stern if I like the theme. Pathetic.

#146 4 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

It really is terrible, but I'll probably buy another New Stern if I like the theme. Pathetic.

Not pathetic at all, Im ok with that as for me very rarely will a theme become a must have, so far only STLE and TWDLE. I doubt we will get anything as cool as TWD for some time, at least for me unless the next band pin is Slayer or BlackSabbath. Now its Wrestlemania, GOthrones, Kiss, I heard the Muppets is possible. I'm currently looking at a fishtank with 3 lit up mangled zombie heads.

#147 4 years ago

Every mode should have the potential to score a similar amount of points. You can't get 400mil from Barn or Riot, but apparently you can from CDC. Big scoring imbalance. When you accidentally start a mode during multiball due to flailing , that takes the skill out of the competition and is why i think an update should be made before PAPA.

#148 4 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Every mode should have the potential to score a similar amount of points. You can't get 400mil from Barn or Riot, but apparently you can from CDC. Big scoring imbalance. When you accidentally start a mode during multiball due to flailing , that takes the skill out of the competition and is why i think an update should be made before PAPA.

This!

#149 4 years ago

Anyone else have a problem with the Woodbury target? I stuck the decal supplied onto it and it prevented the target dropping properly. Is there an easy way to adjust this or is it simply better just to not have the decal on it?

#150 4 years ago
Quoted from johngravenews:

Anyone else have a problem with the Woodbury target? I stuck the decal supplied onto it and it prevented the target dropping properly. Is there an easy way to adjust this or is it simply better just to not have the decal on it?

Yes, cut a small strip out of the middle of the decal, works like a charm.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 205 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside