stern-wheresthecode-inventory-twd.jpg
WD Orbit Fix.jpg
IMG_93358714417275.jpeg
wonka meme.jpg
archer meme.jpg
354699.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 205 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 9 years ago

Me three! Well....unless of course it's Star Wars or Tron VE

#52 9 years ago

I'm seriously thinking about buying a TWD Premium, but the unfinished code is holding me back. Come on Stern....

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

This is the factory setting, and it's stupidly low. Pretty sure I lit it every game I ever played. Changed the one at my location to 10...at least it's something you have to work for now and not just randomly acquire.
I don't think it scales by default, but I could be wrong.

updated your code?

Pretty sure the current code is default of autoscalling for walkers/EB. We set out location on back down as the autoscaling was crazy (i.e. collect a few EBs and then it would skyrocket to 20 walkers or something rediculous and seem to never come back down) I think 8-10 is probably good for location, esp since the game is a drain monster.

#54 9 years ago

This is real simple folks, don't buy games with incomplete code. Speak with your wallet not posts on pinside, it's gets heard a lot more when it affects the man's wallet.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

I'm seriously thinking about buying a TWD Premium, but the unfinished code is holding me back. Come on Stern....

I just picked up a pro from a fellow pinsider, it's a lot of fun.
I have only played a few games, but it's good to me with the current code.

I wonder how many non-pinsiders that buy a stern as their only machine never update the code.
The avg. person can't keep their computer up to date.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Count me in on that as well Tiger.
Crossbow is just a worthless afterthought at this point imo.
While I absolutely love this pin, there is a ton of stuff/material for Lyman to add/improve on.

Agree and if GOT is next, I'll risk missing out on an LE just so I don't "hurry up and wait". What happened to those "regular" code updates we'd be getting, with little tweaks here and there? The second they're about to release a new game, the last one goes on the back burner.
Hell I'm not only waiting for code, but still waiting on over priced Bloody armor that was supposed to be released in December.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

updated your code?

Actually, maybe not. Thanks for the reminder!

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

This is real simple folks, don't buy games with incomplete code. Speak with your wallet not posts on pinside, it's gets heard a lot more when it affects the man's wallet.

I don't understand why this is so difficult to grasp. I'll probably get down voted into oblivion because it's the unpopular opinion, but it's the truth. You lose 100% of your bargaining chip when you buy the machine before it has even been made. Don't buy it until you're happy with the code!

archer meme.jpgarcher meme.jpg

If you buy it before the code is completed and post about how you want it completed with an avatar of Cheech smoking a comically over sized joint, then your request to Stern is probably only going to be taken as seriously as a guy on the internet with Cheech smoking a conically over sized joint for his avatar.

wonka meme.jpgwonka meme.jpg

Vote with your dollars. The world revolves around dollars. Companies, people, decisions, all made by money. Stern is not twisting anyone's arm to buy these machines. I've been in this hobby for less than 2 years, and I already know how this works. C'mon people! Get it together! We look like a bunch of amateurs out here!

EDIT: I don't want Stern to hurry up and just slap some stuff together either. I'm totally fine with them taking their sweet time to make sure it's perfect. I would much rather have a polished game with complete code that makes the game great than just a mediocre rapid release to appease the angry mob of pinsiders.

#60 9 years ago

Thanks for the advise Willy Wonka....Next

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What are the most needed code fixes/suggestions for TWD?

In my opinion I reckon a POP BUMPER BALL SAVE OPTION. This would remove the serious rage inducing SDTM from the bumpers. It's really a game killer and puts a lot of people off the machine as its such a cheap shot.

A simple "if last switch is pop bumper then trough, ball save". It could even be off by default but put on with a 2-5 second option. It would remove that feeling of being completely ripped off by getting another ball.

C'mon Stern and Lyman. Pleeeeease add the option.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

What's up Stern?

354699.jpg 30 KB

What's missing in Mustang? That game is complete and a lot of fun IMHO.

#63 9 years ago

Anybody else have a issue on the LE during multiball? Extra ball is lit up, you hit the gate and it doesn't collect? Error in code? Cross bow strength needs to be better as well. Had a few not go up all the way on bicycle girl ramp.

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Cross bow strength needs to be better as well. Had a few not go up all the way on bicycle girl ramp.

You are not alone. A lot of people's crossbows can't make it up that ramp.

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You are not alone. A lot of people's crossbows can't make it up that ramp.

Yeah, mine doesn't either. I beleive there was an entire thread about it.

#67 9 years ago

My crossbow works great. When I get to use it.

It's just limited and basically worthless right now

#68 9 years ago

Yeah Kid, get to Horde and it does nothing, frustrating but fun as heck getting there

It seems to me sometimes the EB registers on MB and most of the time doesn't. Haven't paid attention to which MB

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Lets hope its not 8 months...

There is zero reason to believe that TWD's code won't take at least as long as MET did.

Quoted from Hashman:

In my opinion I reckon a POP BUMPER BALL SAVE OPTION. This would remove the serious rage inducing SDTM from the bumpers. It's really a game killer and puts a lot of people off the machine as its such a cheap shot.

Yep.

#70 9 years ago

Dunno know, but the game is loads of fun to me with current code.
I am sure it will only improve. The drain from the pops is really annoying, but code is not going to really solve that. It's something they should of caught in the design layout. Pinsiders will come up with a mod to fix it

#71 9 years ago

So, my LE doesn't drain out of the pops...at all. I do occasionally get a SDTM drain on a release of the prison magnet, generally when it just seems to release the ball and instead of flinging it...

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

So, my LE doesn't drain out of the pops...at all. I do occasionally get a SDTM drain on a release of the prison magnet, generally when it just seems to release the ball and instead of flinging it...

YES! This is a major issue with the game. It needs to be addressed ASAP, even if it is the only thing in the next update.

I would like this fixed yesterday. It will make the game 10 times better IMHO.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

YES! This is a major issue with the game. It needs to be addressed ASAP, even if it is the only thing in the next update.

Not an issue on my game, since my F7 fuse blew, and neither of my magnets are currently working ...

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

My LE rarely drains out of the pops as well. I see no issue, let alone major issue with this on my game. And I can do a nudge to avoid it when I can see it happening.

If I really wanted it to never ever happen on my machine, I'd change to a slightly larger rubber donut on the left post of the entry on the right ramp.

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

If I really wanted it to never ever happen on my machine, I'd change to a slightly larger rubber donut on the left post of the entry on the right ramp.

Good luck making the tunnel shot from the crossbow if you switch to a larger rubber. It's already nearly an impossible shot.

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Really? Is there something different in that area vs. the pro?
Is your machine level?
I get it about 20% of the time

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Really? Is there something different in that area vs. the pro?
Is your machine level?
I get it about 20% of the time

20% is unacceptable in the way it is releasing the ball. It simply drops SDTM from the magnet at a time when you should be rewarded. Point proven?

#78 9 years ago

Please be patient, Lyman wants to be finished this code asap, but it's not up to him. In late November Stern has moved him to work on the SPIKE system.

Stern has just started allowing him to work on TWD code 1 or 2 days a week so don't expect anything until Mid March.

#79 9 years ago

I agree with the magnet issues, I usually shake the shit out of my machine right before it drops to avoid a center drain

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I agree with the magnet issues, I usually shake the shit out of my machine right before it drops to avoid a center drain

Press both flipper buttons prior to animation completing, and it usually pulses the magnet instead of dropping itSDTM.

#81 9 years ago

My Le almost never drains out of the pops. It goes to the left flipper pretty much every time. I do get the occasional drain from the prison magnet but not very often, it does feel pretty cheap when it does.

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Anybody else have a issue on the LE during multiball? Extra ball is lit up, you hit the gate and it doesn't collect? Error in code? Cross bow strength needs to be better as well. Had a few not go up all the way on bicycle girl ramp.

Extra Ball will not be collected while ball saver is on. The switch cannot distinguish between a ball being launched and an EB shot. I believe it will collect when the ball saver is off.

Quoted from gweempose:

Not an issue on my game, since my F7 fuse blew, and neither of my magnets are currently working ...

If you have another pinball game , you can grab a fuse from one of them. Maybe someone with a little more technical knowledge can advise on what an acceptable swap would be from one machine to another.My fuse blew too , early on. Replaced with one amp more than called for. Cant remember exact details.

#83 9 years ago

I don't know why either but my LE drains maybe 5% of the time, always off a brick shot to WW.

The Pro I played a ton in Breckenridge was a totally different story. It was a frustrating drain fest. Just destroys a good MB

Had I played that pro first I never would have bought the LE. Glad I didnt

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

20% is unacceptable in the way it is releasing the ball. It simply drops SDTM from the magnet at a time when you should be rewarded. Point proven?

I was talking about the pop bumper drain, my magnet rarely goes sdtm
Probably less than 2%

#85 9 years ago

TWD feed from the pops is a great nudging trainer for those that don't nudge much, or haven't developed the skill of nudging/slapping the side of the cab to get a ball to "come off," typically used on ball feeds from orbit shots to get them to avoid the top of a sling and return to the flipper. No software compensation is needed for this aspect of TWD.

#86 9 years ago

I have no drain issues out of the pops or the magnet on my pro , I don't think I have had a single drain from either one

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

TWD feed from the pops is a great nudging trainer for those that don't nudge much, or haven't developed the skill of nudging/slapping the side of the cab to get a ball to "come off," typically used on ball feeds from orbit shots to get them to avoid the top of a sling and return to the flipper. No software compensation is needed for this aspect of TWD.

So this pin is designed for professional nudgers only? A bumper ball save is a simple code addition that could be turned off by default but turned on for those without hardcore nudging skills while making the game a lot more enjoyable for the general public. I have a lot of people over in my shed that aren't pinheads but like to play my pins. The pop sdtm middle drains on twd make them walk away from the machine.

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Press both flipper buttons prior to animation completing, and it usually pulses the magnet instead of dropping itSDTM.

BINGO....NO DRAINO!

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

I have no drain issues out of the pops or the magnet on my pro , I don't think I have had a single drain from either one

Clearly its a "Setup" issue, pins with problems aren't setup/leveled properly.

Or, maybe some pins have the ball guide aligned just off a hair, who knows.

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Clearly its a "Setup" issue, pins with problems are setup/leveled properly.

Serious or mis-spelled a word? With a neutral setup there is little issue on my LE drains, including magnet STDM. And now I've learned how to pulse the magnet

#91 9 years ago

A little late to the party, and no horse in this race, but...

It seems to me that I had this very complaint with Metallica after many months of certain "End Of The Line" and "Crank it Up" features being non-existent and was responded to with:

"If you arent willing to be patient & wait for the code updates I suggest avoiding NIB's from stern. "

I'm not gonna be the guy that says anything to THAT effect, but it does sadden me that Stern hasn't learned to ship with code that is complete enough to at least satisfy game-play claims that are promised to buyers.

Announce title 1 > ship > announce title 2 > release code niblett for title 1 > ship > announce title 3 > release complete code for title 1 > ship > release code niblett for title 2 > blah blah blah...

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from Triumvirat73:

"If you arent willing to be patient & wait for the code updates I suggest avoiding NIB's from stern. "

Quite right, but I had to have TWDLE as it appeals to my taste, same thing with STLE all the other LE's I've had were bought HUO with pretty much final code and that will be the way I buy most LE's in the future. If it isn't a must have then why not wait, not that we should have to but that's just the way it is.

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

So this pin is designed for professional nudgers only?

I understand what you're saying, and it's not good for people walk away from pinball frustrated... without someone telling them how to do something differently (that is not difficult) that will change the outcome next time around.

Based on my experience of teaching other new/novice pinheads some of the basics of pinball or how to play a particular pin, I suppose I don't view a side nudge as all that difficult to execute or teach.

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from nd4spd:

Please be patient, Lyman wants to be finished this code asap, but it's not up to him. In late November Stern has moved him to work on the SPIKE system.
Stern has just started allowing him to work on TWD code 1 or 2 days a week so don't expect anything until Mid March.

We would not be up in arms if Stern would say that...they won't though, their policy for better or worse is to not comment on issues such as this and make their customers guess or read BS "signals" from the FB page.

Stern lost one Wrestlemania LE sell for sure, mine. Game looks good. Like I said earlier I hope astern fixes the code on ST and TWD before Game of Thrones...

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

I understand what you're saying, and it's not good for people walk away from pinball frustrated... without someone telling them how to do something differently (that is not difficult) that will change the outcome next time around.
Based on my experience of teaching other new/novice pinheads some of the basics of pinball or how to play a particular pin, I suppose I don't view a side nudge as all that difficult to execute or teach.

That's all good. All I'm saying is a think it would be a good option to code into the game. Why not have options that players can adjust to get more enjoyment out of their game?

#96 9 years ago

I promise you, Stern knows about the complaints and desire for better or completed code, and at this moment, they honestly don't care enough. As long as it's business as usual, it will remain this way (and has)
The moment all the wallets close, is the when code will finally become a priority.

I'm a big fan of Stern, but I'm tired. They haven't had to wait for our money but we've had to wait for their ''carrot on a stick'' Time to reverse the tables.

And I know Star Wars is coming...but should any of us really care since Star Trek? ST did a leaps and bounds code update only for the designer himself to admit ''it's a mess''. What a shame, as that game really has all the goods to be a masterpiece.

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Clearly its a "Setup" issue, pins with problems aren't setup/leveled properly.

Very rare on my Pro also..Won't say it never happens but not enough where I think it's a problem.

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Very rare on my Pro also..Won't say it never happens but not enough where I think it's a problem.

Same on my Pro happens maybe once in every 50 games for me not an issue.

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Same on my Pro happens maybe once in every 50 games for me not an issue.

Very rarely here too. And I have only had the prison magnet drop SDTM once too in numerous games.

#100 9 years ago

As for Stern, my wallet is closed, I don't care what pin it is in the future, I'll play first, wait until code gets done and then decide.

It's just so bizarre the pop drains that some pins seem to have. I think just a hair of difference on the level makes a huge difference on the flow.

I'm glad to see so many others not having problems

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 26.95
7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 16.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 205 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-game-code/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.