stern-wheresthecode-inventory-twd.jpg
WD Orbit Fix.jpg
IMG_93358714417275.jpeg
wonka meme.jpg
archer meme.jpg
354699.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 205 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 9 years ago

Come on stern, where is the new code? Its been since November!!!

#2 9 years ago

From what I heard Lyman recently picked it up again. Not sure what he had been working on.

System-level stuff for the spike platform maybe?

#3 9 years ago

He must be working on something then... I hope we don't go another 6 months like Metallica

#4 9 years ago

I am glad with what we have got so far .

#5 9 years ago

I hope we get it, but I think the line starts behind Star Trek..

#6 9 years ago

What are the most needed code fixes/suggestions for TWD?

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I hope we get it, but I think the line starts behind Star Trek..

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I'd like to know too. I've been so out of the loop on the game. I would however think it would be nice to be able to disable the pops with both flipper buttons, like on Gottlieb's Gladiators.

#9 9 years ago

I think the games playing very well. Heres a couple thoughts:

Skill shot involves killing a walker. Give me a count +1 on my kill counter for that.
Food, ammo drops all seem to give you a mode. When you kill bicycle girl then multi kills come about. Maybe this area can get cleared up a bit.

Hmm. The more I think the less it really needs much else. Maybe make it clearer that the walker in the prison doesnt need to be hit when your in the mode? Some shots dont register but I believe thats code.

I havent tried a shaker yet, is that any good?

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Horde. One of the wizard modes currently does nothing. I got to it this past weekend and it made me sad.

Otherwise, I think the code is currently decent, and has the potential to be great.

#11 9 years ago

Shaker is a must .

#12 9 years ago

I don't know if it's possible but maybe do something with the two coloured GI lighting?

#13 9 years ago

Is "Last Man Standing" coded? If not, then that definitely needs to be added.

Marcus

#14 9 years ago

IIRC there are two incomplete/uncoded modes (Last Man Standing and Horde, maybe?), so getting those done would be top priority. Overall I think the game is fun, but there's nothing about it (yet) that makes it really stand out and makes it really intense (ie Do or Die in IM, song jackpots in ACDC, and Crank it Up in MET). I'm really hoping that those modes will be able to provide that intensity.

#16 9 years ago

There is no last man standing and no horde. The modes are not complete programmed.
Siege and crossbow multiball are not finished. What is going on with well walker multiball? Is there any target or strategy to play?
Hope at the end it would be a great game!

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from skinny_norris:

There is no last man standing and no horde. The modes are not complete programmed.
Siege and crossbow multiball are not finished. What is going on with well walker multiball? Is there any target or strategy to play?
Hope at the end it would be a great game!

Ive been mastering the shots versus figuring out the rules 100%. I think basic strategy is to get 5 walker kills then kill bicycle girl, get a mode or a multiball going. Eventually multikills all over the place.

#18 9 years ago

I think Siege is complete as after many successful shots it has an animation and the mode shuts down but its so hectic I couldn't be sure. Its only a few months so an update will be coming soon and I'm hoping ST has a final update coming. Come on Stern while were young.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The magnet. All to often the ball is released and slowly drops SDTM.

#20 9 years ago

What is going on with well walker multiball? Is there any target or strategy to play?

It's so many switch hits for jackpots in Well Walker.

The game needs both Horde and Last Man Standing implemented, scoring for Blood Bath implemented (right now it's a long ball save used to stack things with basically no scoring), rules for Woodbury implemented (on Pro and ESPECIALLY on the LE), better hashing out of multi-kills and weapons, better hashing out of the drop target rewards and mode scoring leveling (especially on Arena).

#21 9 years ago

Can you get more than a 2x combo? Or have I just not noticed? Or not hit more than that?

#22 9 years ago

Well Walker multi-ball really needs more audio/visual clues as to when you've started it. My current plan is to start prison multiball, then bang away on the Well Walker until it restarts the ball save. That's how I know. Once I'm there, I don't know what to do, but I'll occasionally shoot the Well Walker just because I assume there is some sort of jackpot there.

TLDR; I'd love some more clear instruction or callouts with what you're supposed to be doing in the modes...and especially more fanfare when you start a mode, especially multi-balls.

#23 9 years ago

I want to feel like I am being attacked and I am doing damage more. Mostly it just feels like pinball and not survival horror. There are good moments though! I want more visceral sounds and animations, more immersion.

#24 9 years ago

How about a video mode of shooting some fuckin zombies!

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

I want to feel like I am being attacked and I am doing damage more. Mostly it just feels like pinball and not survival horror. There are good moments though! I want more visceral sounds and animations, more immersion.

Agreed. In tunnel mode, the dmd shows a zombie get killed each time you make the lit shot. I wish each mode was like that and there was a reward if you killed a certain amount of zombies. What do the yellow lights mean at each "shot". Is it a points bonus or dies it signal that a more is ready to be started. Not sure.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

Agreed. In tunnel mode, the dmd shows a zombie get killed each time you make the lit shot. I wish each mode was like that and there was a reward if you killed a certain amount of zombies. What do the yellow lights mean at each "shot". Is it a points bonus or dies it signal that a more is ready to be started. Not sure.

Yellow lights are multikills. They light after you have cleared a set of weapon drops or after hitting 3 or more shots in a mode. Multikill animations are shown on the screen and light up the various weapon inserts on the playfield when you make the shots. Horde is awarded for completing all the multikill modes.

#27 9 years ago

Is crossbow multiball in the game yet, and if so, has anyone started it with the glass on? If you do indeed have to make every crossbow shot, it seems like it would be almost impossible to do, at least on the premium/LE. I'm not sure how the crossbow shots work on the pro.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from huo:

Ive been mastering the shots versus figuring out the rules 100%. I think basic strategy is to get 5 walker kills then kill bicycle girl, get a mode or a multiball going. Eventually multikills all over the place.

You mean you haven't learned what to do from the instruction card? That's my favorite dysfunction. Bicycle girl for example says something along the lines of "When Bicycle Girl is lit, shoot the ramp for big points." Great, thanks. How do I turn that light on in the first place?

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

You mean you haven't learned what to do from the instruction card? That's my favorite dysfunction. Bicycle girl for example says something along the lines of "When Bicycle Girl is lit, shoot the ramp for big points." Great, thanks. How do I turn that light on in the first place?

5 walker kills turns it on

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Is crossbow multiball in the game yet, and if so, has anyone started it with the glass on? If you do indeed have to make every crossbow shot, it seems like it would be almost impossible to do, at least on the premium/LE. I'm not sure how the crossbow shots work on the pro.

Pro shots are easy. If it's a shot you need to make on the right, shoot it on the fly from the left flipper feed, if the shot is on the left, hold the left flipper up, and it bounces over to the right flipper for a shot.

Still it's hard to light, I've never come close, and it's much more difficult than the analogous barnyard multiball it's assuredly alluding to.

#31 9 years ago

For me its like the first Metallica code. You can play multiballs and thats all.
I play my machine only once a month. But I wont sell it.
Hope the code woult be great, as Metallica or ACDC.
The playfield layout and the modes have a great potential.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

The magnet. All to often the ball is released and slowly drops SDTM.

This. My number one complaint about the game. Randomize that ball movement every. time. the ball is captured.

My number two are related: pops way too active, and the damn post the ball contacts last when leaving the pop area. Again, SDTM or tilt or both. I like the idea of being able to kill the pops with both flippers.

#33 9 years ago

Seriously wtf?? Taking way too long. Waaaaaaaaaaay too long!

#34 9 years ago

The only reason I did not buy WWE LE is because I have TWDLE and ST and neither are done. I simply refused to have three incomplete games in my collection.

Come on Stern...wake up.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#35 9 years ago

Can someone explain how to light these inserts?

Cheers
image.jpgimage.jpg

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from 320Gigabytes:

Yellow lights are multikills. They light after you have cleared a set of weapon drops or after hitting 3 or more shots in a mode. Multikill animations are shown on the screen and light up the various weapon inserts on the playfield when you make the shots. Horde is awarded for completing all the multikill modes.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

My number two are related: pops way too active, and the damn post the ball contacts last when leaving the pop area. Again, SDTM or tilt or both

Are you sure it's level? I played one that was sloped to the right and this happened constantly. It only happens once in a while with one that is properly leveled from side to side.

Quoted from Robotoes:

I like the idea of being able to kill the pops with both flippers.

Cool idea. I would do that all the time - which goes to show how important pops are these days. I think it's strange that the pops don't even really randomize the ball that much in most modern Sterns - since it's eventually funneled out the same way every time. Yeah - I'm looking at you Spider-man and Star Trek!

#38 9 years ago

For me its like the first Metallica code. You can play multiballs and thats all.

Bingo.

Metallica (LE/Prem for sure) sat in roughly the same state as TWD is. No/Barebones rules outside multiball, no wizard mode(s), No color GI useage, minimal colored arrow useage.

Then code 1.5 dropped 8 months later and added all of that at once.

#39 9 years ago

Lets hope its not 8 months...

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from 320Gigabytes:

5 walker kills turns it on

Good to know, thanks. The one on location by me has extra ball at 5 walker kills, so that would serve as a good indicator when to spam the BG ramp. I'm currently the CDC champ on that machine, so I can get a good rhythm going on it at times.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Good to know, thanks. The one on location by me has extra ball at 5 walker kills, so that would serve as a good indicator when to spam the BG ramp. I'm currently the CDC champ on that machine, so I can get a good rhythm going on it at times.

Walker kills for extra ball scales. Once people start getting it all the time, it will go up.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Can you get more than a 2x combo? Or have I just not noticed? Or not hit more than that?

Had a 7x combo.

Quoted from gweempose:

Yes, I have done it on my Pro and my game is set stock (so it is pretty tough to do) The hardest of those shots is to riot and you only have a limited amount of time to make your shot, and as you know, any little hit to anything else shots it off- so hitting the right ramp and then bouncing over to your right flipper to hit riot is no cake walk.
Crossbow multiball starts immediately after the last shot you hit/need, and EVERYTHING is lit up, this continued down to 1 ball play, and didn't stop until it drained, which felt like a bug/unfinished coding.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Walker kills for extra ball scales. Once people start getting it all the time, it will go up.

Is that automatic, or is there a setting to make it 'off', '5 walker kills', 'scaled'? This is a location machine, so I don't know the settings. I would be shocked if it were anything but the default. I know the game room manager and can make suggestions (we upped the ball save time 2 seconds on 2 machines because they were basically useless previously) but without that input, I'm pretty sure it is: open box, plug in, take tokens.

Is it like replays in that if you start at 5, but do well it goes up a little, but if you don't get it the next game it goes back to the base number?

#44 9 years ago

Factory settings is to scale. You can probably set it fixed as well, but I doubt any old route operator would do that intentionally, and if they did, they would set it higher.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Lets hope its not 8 months...

Indeed. If it is eight months that means I will be missing out on Game of Thrones as well as Wrestlmania LE, I refuse to buy another stern product until the code is done on both TWD and ST.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Is crossbow multiball in the game yet, and if so, has anyone started it with the glass on?

Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Yes, I have done it on my Pro and my game is set stock (so it is pretty tough to do) The hardest of those shots is to riot and you only have a limited amount of time to make your shot, and as you know, any little hit to anything else shots it off- so hitting the right ramp and then bouncing over to your right flipper to hit riot is no cake walk.

Interesting. Lyman is going to have to change the rules, at least on the premium/LEs. For starters, a lot of people's crossbows can't even make it up the left ramp. Then there is tunnel shot, which is almost impossible to hit from the crossbow. I've only done it once the entire time I've owned the game. The left ramp can be easily addressed by raising the ramp and allowing you to hit the BG target, but the tunnel shot is a real conundrum. Lyman is going to have to somehow code around it, or virtually nobody with a premium/LE will ever see crossbow multiball.

#47 9 years ago

The way around it for the premium is to make it three crossbow shots to ANY- no need to hit them all. It's still a challenge just to hit the drops at the right time, drop them all, then hit the right ramp when lit and THEN not hit anything besides the lit crossbow shots.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Factory settings is to scale. You can probably set it fixed as well, but I doubt any old route operator would do that intentionally, and if they did, they would set it higher.

That makes it even more interesting. We've had it there for a few months so far and it is a mini golf/go kart/video and redemption place, so it's not like there are other locations for the machines to start out at. It came out of the box and I was playing it the next day. And like I said, the settings don't get played with unless we bring it up.

I say that so I can say this. I don't know the game in and out and don't learn much while playing because I can't look at the DMD before and after things happen to learn what causes what. However, when watching others play I learn a lot because I can go from PF to DMD. I don't think I have ever seen the EB number be anything other than 5 walkers. We collect it fairly regularly too, so if it were going up I would hope that I would have noticed. That being said, I may be wrong. 8 walkers isn't that much harder than 5, so maybe it has happened and I just missed it. I'm much more used to the shots now, so those kill shots happen more often. The group I play with has gotten collectively better as well, so again, getting 8 instead of 5 isn't that big of a jump.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

The one on location by me has extra ball at 5 walker kills

This is the factory setting, and it's stupidly low. Pretty sure I lit it every game I ever played. Changed the one at my location to 10...at least it's something you have to work for now and not just randomly acquire.

I don't think it scales by default, but I could be wrong.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Indeed. If it is eight months that means I will be missing out on Game of Thrones as well as Wrestlmania LE, I refuse to buy another stern product until the code is done on both TWD and ST.

Count me in on that as well Tiger.

Crossbow is just a worthless afterthought at this point imo.

While I absolutely love this pin, there is a ton of stuff/material for Lyman to add/improve on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.50
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 26.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 205 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-game-code/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.