image-787.jpg
image.jpg
images-966.jpg
image.jpg
363603.jpg
image.jpg
image-623.jpg
image-633.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylorva.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

This pin makes me want to kick the legs out from under it. Drains SDTM out of the pops and airballs to outlane from the slings makes this one of the crappiest tables I've played on location. At a buck a pop losing at least one ball per game from the previously noted issues sucks.

Wtf!! Other than that the game is pretty fun.

Argh

#6 9 years ago

The tilt is so tight that a nudge to rescue from the pops is almost guaranteed to get a warning or two. I think it's a fun shooter but the drain out of the pops may help an operators piggy bank in the short run but I'm not going to drop coins in a game with a crappy design that leads to cheap drains.

I do know of an owner that changed the rubber at that exit to try to minimize the issue.

#10 9 years ago

The one I play is a buck a game. Losing 1 out of 3 balls on a cheap drain isn't worth it IMO.

#19 9 years ago

I'll ask the op to buy a digital level.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

It's a pretty challenging game. Its designed to be nudged big time. That what keeps me coming back. Super addictive.

Ironically I did a death save and didn't tilt but tilted trying to save out of the pops. Nudge this!!

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

I have the LE, code updates, stern fix kit, game plays great. Many have come and played ,drains no worse than any other pin.

What does the fix kit include?

#32 9 years ago

I'll pass that along to the op.

The airballs off the right sling is pretty crazy. I had airballs over the left sling and wireform. Can the slings be adjusted?

#42 9 years ago

let me be clear. I'm not trying to bash the game. I think it is a fun game. I just find it frustrating when you have a great game going and your ball pops into the outlane or you tilt out because every time out of the pops you have to nearly tilt to save a drain.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

You did say the machine had a crappy design. Though my comments were not specific to you or any one person. There is plenty of bashing in this thread, much from the usual suspects; not surprising.

It does have a crappy design element. I'm sorry it does as it really detracts from what is otherwise a fun game.

Most game have some weak design element, unfortunately for TWD it is one that leads to cheap drains.

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

What ball guide? The outlanes?

More specific. Good. And everyone is welcome to their opinion. Though your original comment reads that the game has a crappy design, not crappy design element, which resulted in the earlier quoted remark. There is a notable difference between the two statements... (some specificity versus a sweeping generalization).
"Crappy design element" is not the same thing as "crappy design", like
"I shoot people" is not the same thing as "I shoot".
I see much on the thread to address the issues noted. Including adjustments and tweaks to minimize or completely remove pop drains. Such is the case with many other pin themes and related issues, adjustments and tweaks (e.g., as noted with sling airballs earlier). So I fail to see how there is a crappy design element.
Plus,... characterizing how a game plays is full of subjective preferences. I like to use more neutral language that isn't so loaded. Some people like more challenging games, other's don't, and many have noted that they find TWD to be a challenging game. TWD has big outlanes and some shots that can lead to stdms. Still, even with that the machine can be adjusted and tweaked a multitude of ways to fine tune the play and lessen drains if so desired. All together, it doesn't mean there is a bad (crappy) design element imo and such language is misleading or used to tarnish a machine.
Any way, I've gone through this language enough.

I guess I'll just hope to find a location game that ha ms been fine tuned.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Yes, there is an adjustment for the slingshot strength. I adjusted the one on location where we play league and I was completely astounded by how far I had to turn it down for the air balls to stop. I don't remember the exact numbers, but it was like if the default was 40, I had to go down to 12 or something like that.

Thanks for the tip. The op has been very responsive to issues with the game.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

You haven't really lived until you've seen this fascinating sequence from TWD:
1. Press "start game" button
2. Shooter --> pops (pops mess with the ball a while)
3. Pops --> ball dribbles out
4. Ball dribbles out (and goes) --> SDTM to ball save
5. Ball save --> shoots ball to pops (pops mess with the ball a while)
6. Pops --> ball dribbles out
7. Ball dribbles out and goes --> SDTM to lose the ball
You never even got to flip once.
You'll have the biggest belly laugh of your life. Try it!
I had no sense that my machine was not pitched or leveled correctly. If that's the case fair enough, but I call this a multi-dimensional design flaw. Every game has its "weak spots" Some are easier to spot that others.
-mof

My favorite is making the EB shot to pops to dribble drain to EB played to pops to dribble drain.
Good times.

#70 9 years ago

The particular location was created at the urging of one of our league members that does tech work for the op.
We all try to support it as much as possible as it will lead to more local ca locations.

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

Easy fix:
Disconnect the wires from the pops
Block both outlanes
Put clothes pins on the flippers to make sdtm impossible
Set the number of balls to 10
Let the fun begin!

inspirational post, thanks for taking the time to type

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Apparently everything past 1990 has fell short of your expectations. Judging by your collection and ratings of course

Stalk much?

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I never get airballs from my slings. I wonder why this would happen on some games and not others.

Someone suggested coil strength.

#137 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

While pitch is important, it's the drift to the left that's the killer here. Ball either goes into left outlane or SDTM. Besides, flipper settings felt weaker than mine and making left ramp shot ( even on a pro) was hard.

This was my entire frustration. As I said in my original post: the experince I,stress here on my personal experience, left me feeling like it was a crappy table. I had the same experience when I first played IM on location and it wasn't until I spent time on a hobbyist owned table that I learned to appreciate it.

#182 9 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The one I play on location gets thrown around a lot. I slide it to the left and to the right all the time to avoid various drains. This game also never drains out of the pops, and rarely ever has a SDTM from the magnet.

If I could move the game without tilting out it wouldnt be so frustrating. Walking on eggshells while playing a game like TWD does give the player much of a fighting chance.

2 weeks later
#274 9 years ago

Elwin is Nicklaus, not Tiger. Much respect to that guy.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
6,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 49.99
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylorva.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-frustration-thread?tu=taylorva and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.