image-787.jpg
image.jpg
images-966.jpg
image.jpg
363603.jpg
image.jpg
image-623.jpg
image-633.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

This pin makes me want to kick the legs out from under it. Drains SDTM out of the pops and airballs to outlane from the slings makes this one of the crappiest tables I've played on location. At a buck a pop losing at least one ball per game from the previously noted issues sucks.
Wtf!! Other than that the game is pretty fun.
Argh

Sounds familiar to me Taylor.

Be prepared to be told by TWD owners that "this doesn't happen on my pin" though.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I tried leveling the game on location near me...it seemed to help at first but after several trips there I have come to the conclusion that sdtm cannot be prevented, due to poor playfield layout. I have this game on my wishlist but I am thinking of removing it ...

Yep.

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Hint. That is what I was alluding to. RE previous posts about people saying they levelled a location machine.

Hint. The pin in question is owned by last years PAPA champion. They also use it every week in the local pinball league. I think they know how to level the fucker!

#187 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

I finally got a chance to play an LE last night at a host's house in my local league, and I did not experience ANY drains SDTM from the pop bumpers. Curiously, I did get some SDTM drops from the Prison magnet, which I did not experience on the Pro model that I recently played on location, so I suspect the machine may have been running dated code.

And that's consistent with what the majority of TWD LE owners have said: no significant drain issues from the pops.

So strange that the pro that we play on location clearly has this issue, but the LEs don't.

#226 9 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Avengers sucks for other reasons than needing to be dialed in: Gameplay, bonusX being most important aspect of scoring, repeatable/boring Hawkeye shot, can't see your inlane inserts....

Really the only thing that has prevented me from pulling the trigger on Avengers (I've had multiple chances) is the bonus X being the most important aspect of scoring.

If true, that reminds me far too much of ToM, which has the same issue, and it is an absolute game killer.

Other than that, there's lots to like about Avengers.

1 week later
#275 9 years ago

Thought I would cross post this here since it's relevant regarding the SDTM drains from the pops on pro vs LE:

Finally got around to playing an LE version of this pin.
Unbelievable.

I simply do not understand how the LE can play so different than the pro in terms of SDTM drains from the pops! The pro that I've played drains from the pops rather extensively, to the point of frustration. Many others have said the same thing.

Also, the majority of LE owners have claimed that they do not have this issue.
I can now confirm this as well. The LE that I played didn't have this issue at all. I played many games, and I counted exactly 1 SDTM drain from the pops all night.

However, I did get several SDTM drains from the prison magnet releasing the ball. I think this can be fixed in code with different pulsing of the magnet?

As far as LE features vs the pro...If the pro didn't have the SDTM issues from the pops, I think the pro is a much better value. Don't get me wrong. The LE looks great! But at least two "features" of the LE were actual drawbacks to me: The crossbow is pretty goofy and worthless. Not sure that I hit more than 1 shot with it all night, and even when I did...so what? And when I'd miss...the stupid cross bow mech would block the ball so I couldn't see it, causing me to lose the ball a couple times.
Bicycle girl is also a negative. It's a bash toy that basically reduces the flow of the game. I prefer the pro since the ramp is never blocked by the bicycle girl zombie.

Of course the RGB inserts on the LE is a big plus. The fish tank is pretty cool on the LE too, but that can be added to a pro.

Premium would be a good compromise to get the RGB inserts...but still not sure I'd want it because of the cross bow and bicycle girl.

Bottom line though is, not surprisingly, the pin is obviously more fun without the SDTM issue from the pops. I am more open to the idea of owning one of these down the road when Lyman has polished the code.

1 week later
#289 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Will really enjoy the next code update on YWD but its certainly a fun game right now.

I've heard some people have played the beta version of the upcoming code update and that Lyman has hit it out of the park. Again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-frustration-thread?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.