image-787.jpg
image.jpg
images-966.jpg
image.jpg
363603.jpg
image.jpg
image-623.jpg
image-633.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Sounds familiar to me Taylor.
Be prepared to be told by TWD owners that "this doesn't happen on my pin" though.

It doesn't happen on my pin.

You guys can read the multiple threads re the issues. Just a fact, and its a great pin, and my favorite one right now!

Don't play it on location is all I can say, play something else. Btw, I experienced the same thing in Breckenridge at Eric's, except I didn't want to break the glass and have to pay for it.

#89 9 years ago

Insane score Xerico! Some of the best pandemonium ever with MB

Quoted from Xerico:

I wish I could say I set this score up with deliberate shots, but I did not.
I just kept the ball alive during a stacked Blood Lust MB, Walker MB & CDC run.
CDC
Which led to this GC score
Grand Champion

image-633.jpg 190 KB

image-623.jpg 195 KB

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Remember this was the issue with acdc at first . today a few folks love the game.

Times 10 with Ac/dc, still does it way too much for my liking. Still love it though!

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

For SDTM from prison mag I have found tapping the flipper buttons a bit just beforte release helps to impart a little inertia on the ball and much fewer SDTM drains. This does need to be fixed in code ASAP! as mag releases should never = SDTM, or at minimum the game needs to be coded for a ball save for 1.5 seconds post release from mag hold. Cheap drains suck!

If you have this drain, and I don't except for the start of Prison MB where it doesn't matter obviously, simply hold both flippers in right before the animation ends on Prison MB and it sends a pulse to the magnet.

Problem solved.

#102 9 years ago

Where is the "randomness" of the pops on Ac/dc again? Seriously?

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would say about a third of the time the ball will shoot up the tunnel lane and back down the left orbit shot to the left flipper on the one that I play.

Not as much for me Chuck but you can certainly nudge it up there and around to collect the pop bonus.

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

So, if 2 games have a design flaw, does that mean they cancel out, and neither machine is flawed??! :lol:Haha.
Same thing on my BoP. I think it really defeats the main strength of pops when there is only one outcome.

It's not a "design flaw" on either machine. Ask Steve Ritchie and Borg.

There's so much else going on with this pin. Trust me, when you get MB's stacked all over the place you'll experience plenty of "randomness", in fact, some of the best random pandemonium on any pin.

The pops, if used properly in MB, can be a brief respite during MB to stash one or two up there for a break from all the Zombie attacks!

#143 9 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I play my TWD Pro almost every single day. I also own Monster Bash, Tron, Scared Stiff, CFTBL, and BSD... but no game has grabbed me quite the way TWD has. Haters gonna hate, but it's just a blast of a game when set up right and customized with mods and colored LEDs. Between this game and Tron, I've never had more fun adding mods and screwing around with the LED scheme on a pin... and the code hack with the actors' voices adds a ton of additional magic. It boggles my mind that this game isn't in the top 50, let alone the top 100 at the moment. Just bizarre...
I like the unorthodox layout, though I will admit, the infamous drain from the pops rears its ugly head sometimes (this got reduced SIGNIFICANTLY when I properly leveled the game and added a Williams post sleeve to the post below the pops). SDTM drains from the Prison almost NEVER happens on my machine (but happened constantly when I was running the original code that shipped with the game in October).

I don't know how to explain any better than this summary!

It's GREAT, especially compared to a lot of the other garbage out there. You get it, I get it and we are the beneficiaries, who cares what the other idiots think?

#162 9 years ago

My new strategy is to start WW MB first then have Prison ready after first ball drains and start Prison MB, then try and get WW MB going again with multiple hits and hopefully stack Blood Bath with it

I LOVE this F ing pin!

#165 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Broke my friggen BG ramp forward ball deflector. Anyone got a pn handy??

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Dang Rick, no need to be so aggressive!

I love bashing BG

#168 9 years ago

Can't really put my finger on it other than the sounds, new callouts, layout, artwork, theme, code at this stage, uniqueness, immersiveness, great shots, tight shots and of course Zombies.

It's my favorite pinball machine and imo, Stern's best pin or will be when Lyman gets his ass in gear and finishes it off!

#197 9 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

How thick should the felt be? Got a link to something comparable?

Get the sheet of self adhesive felt from Hobby Lobby, works great

#203 9 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I put a small piece of felt on the right orbit and the ball always makes a clean shot back to the left flipper, every single time....never gets caught up in the pops. A simple fix (for mine anyway) that improved the flow of the game for me. I'm loving mine!
363603.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I did the same thing and I'm LOVING mine too Cleland!

#237 9 years ago

Congrats Big Papi, great score! I'm gonna ice down some cold and chilly's tonight and try and beat that score.

1 week later
#269 9 years ago

700 Mill on TWD and a 6 time Papa champ, yeah I'd say he's Jordan esque, obviously being "clutch" is huge.

#277 9 years ago

Glad you finally believe us Rob

As for the SDTM drains from the prison magnet, mine rarely does it. A simple fix for people that have that issue is to hold down flipper buttons for magnet pulse right before end of animation.

I agree with you on the crossbow, absolutely worthless right now, maybe Lyman has something up his sleeve for that one, hopefully.

I disagree on BG, I love to bash her and the sounds it makes, especially with the lighting mod its very cool.

Spinners? Gotta have em.

Also think Lyman will incorporate the WW magnet more into future code.

Premium all the way, especially after Stern sucked us in with the idea that there probably wouldn't be any Premiums, whatever, its a great pin!

It's been quite a while since I've even turned on another pin.

Well the awesome theme, sounds, call outs and light show don't hurt either.

1 week later
#285 9 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

I need to up my game skills so I can see the Siege!
I get to horde every 20 plays or so, but as we all know, nothing happens there. I definitely dig the gunk-gunk-gunk sound you get when you hit a shot in tunnel mode, so right now that one is my favorite.

I love that sound too! It's sucks that nothing happens with Horde right now.

It may be incomplete code wise but its fun as hell! My favorite pin

#291 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I've heard some people have played the beta version of the upcoming code update and that Lyman has hit it out of the park. Again.

Was there ever any doubt?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 26.95
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
$ 16.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-frustration-thread?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.