image-787.jpg
image.jpg
images-966.jpg
image.jpg
363603.jpg
image.jpg
image-623.jpg
image-633.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 9 years ago

My experience with this game is 100% on location. The tilt is a tad loose so slides can happen with only one to two warnings. That being said, zero SDTM issues with the exception of an occasional one off the magnet. Other than that, nothing at all. No air balls, no crazy left outlane drains, etc. Make sure the game is level. I promise you, if you're getting those drains out of the pops, your game is not level.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

Slings can be adjusted. Game drains no more than my other games (although prison head shot is a scary proposition...must get better at my nudge/slap here)
Personally, as I don't care what happens to the value of my pins....I find it satisfying that many people have not yet discovered how entertaining this pin is. I find it to be a mental and physical rush.
But it's got to suck when you are dropping in $1 a play (a lot less than $7400 though

I spend about $30 bucks every other week on the TWD near me. that gets me a solid 5-6 hours on the game with replays and what not. I will take that all day long. Might have to buy this one day, but having a ton of fun putting the money in the machine for now.

#51 9 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

the one coming out of the pops and draining the ball down the middle.

If the game is level, this needs no adjustment. should feed the right flipper if it doesn't hit the guide, and if it does, it should feed the left flipper.

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Ask Xerico to send you a pic of his top CDC score. lol.
It's unbalanced, but difficult to set up the ridiculous score -- requires building up and not accidentally prematurely using your inlane shot multiplier.

totally agree. the CDC mega score is very difficult to achieve. You basically need to prime the CDC ramp by hitting all other lit shots, then get 2x playfield, then get 2x inlane, then blast the CDC ramp to collect. If you have Bicycle Girl going too, I bet it is even crazier.

I find this similar to stack up those ACDC jackpots and cashing them in.

#84 9 years ago

Holy hell. My top score is 90 million. I haven't been able to get a lucrative CDC yet.

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It doesn't happen on my pin.
You guys can read the multiple threads re the issues. Just a fact, and its a great pin, and my favorite one right now!
Don't play it on location is all I can say, play something else.

Or play the one that I play on location in Covington, KY. Plays awesome!

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Damn that is impressive. I have noticed that Tunnel mode can give huge points.

yeah, that is true. I just have trouble hitting it multiple times in a row. I am always bad a left flipper shots. Not sure why. I guess it is cause I am right handed maybe.

#101 9 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

If this machine has a design flaw, it's the fact that there is only one exit from the pops. The point of pops is to randomize ball movement. If after bouncing around in the pops for a while, the only option is that one outlane... What's the point of having the pops there at all??!
blockquote>

I would say about a third of the time the ball will shoot up the tunnel lane and back down the left orbit shot to the left flipper on the one that I play.

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

As an LE owner I would say buy the pro.

interesting. Care to expand? I am probably going to get one at some point, just not sure which one and artwork is way better on the LE, but I have never played one.

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Played both. Cool mods on the LE are the topper(also can be on pro)and the small fish tank (also can be bought as a mod.
Otherwise BG ramp is not a plus. Pro is way smoother. You loos the bash toy but the shots flow better and no air balls.
Crossbow is a joke and stupid anyway. Stand up woodbury is a wash as well.
Powder coating...you can pick much better.
Fun game and I love it but wish I had just gone pro.

Thanks for the info!

#149 9 years ago

Man I crapped the bed playing again last night. Still can't crack 100 million. Had Prision, Well, 2x scoring and CDC running and couldn't get that mega CDC score. I think I was just hitting the CDC ramp too soon, but hard to keep track of 4 balls haha.

#151 9 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

I get confused reading all the LE versus pro comments that I just ordered a pro in addition to my premium so I can compare and keep the best version!

haha. did you really? that's hilarious.

#158 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

I don't have much time on this game, but it sure sounds like CDC is the way to play this game. The way I am reading some replies and seeing the posted scores, is this mode dominating all other strategies?
Is there a reason to even risk shooting at the prison and well walker to play a multiball? Keep in mind I am thinking tourney strategy, not "explore the game" strategy.
I know there are several variables in the high score setup, but it seems the main goal of CDC is hitting the left ramp repeatedly.
Hopefully PAPA will have some TWD video coverage during the tourney and I can see what players are trying to accomplish.

Wrong from what I understand. When cdc starts I believe hitting all other lanes increases the cdc value. Then hitting the cdc ramp collects it. The arena is an ever increasing shot that increases with each ramp shot made. That can be luracitive too, but the arena shot is much harder imo.

#159 9 years ago

Also I know that TWD will be used for qualifying for A division in papa but will it be used for finals? I wonder if many guys will use it for qualifying due to the number of goofy shots in the game.

#163 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My new strategy is to start WW MB first then have Prison ready after first ball drains and start Prison MB, then try and get WW MB going again with multiple hits and hopefully stack Blood Bath with it
I LOVE this F ing pin!

Ooo dang. I'm gonna try that next time.

#170 9 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

Arena shot only increases substantially when combo'd. When your hits are within ~3-5 seconds of each other, the value will jump significantly. Shot 1, 1,000,000, shot 2 - 8,000,000 etc. Can get some serious points there too, but for me, I can only seem to hit it 6 times in a row when its not lit, and arena isn't up, so I bank myself like 500 points a shot. Nice, eh?

haha. Story of my life. I can hit the shots all day until that insert is lit haha.

#176 9 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Unfortunately, that's the only option for most people. And if a game is only fun and playable when its perfectly configured, then they have made a mistake. A game will never stay perfectly level on location and if a half degree makes that big of a difference, its a problem. The game should play well at home and on location. We aren't talking about a game that hasn't been cared for and kept up, were talking about a game that requires constant releveling to prevent center drains that make the game unplayable for the average customer.

The one I play on location gets thrown around a lot. I slide it to the left and to the right all the time to avoid various drains. This game also never drains out of the pops, and rarely ever has a SDTM from the magnet.

#178 9 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Put up 150m this morning and have never been more disappointed. Didn't even get to put my initials in.
Stacked prison ww and bb then got another prison later. They seemed to go forever but I never got any real points. Even hit 3 arenas in a row during that mode.
Guess I should have gotten more than 3 mill on the first two balls!

haha. Sounds similar to a game a had the other night. 85 million on my first ball, and didn't even break 100 million when it was all over.

#180 9 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

At home you should have a nice level floor.

Sounds like you have a good op and a nice location. Not everyone is so lucky.

yeah sounds like it. There are about 3-5 serious pinheads that put a good number of games on it each week. Then other than that I do not think it gets much play since it is so difficult. If anything is not playing right, I email the OP and he comes out to adjust whatever it needs within 24 hours usually.

#192 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

It's not just the pop drains but also the amount of time the ball is in the pops. Left orbit to pops is a massive flow killer. The pop bumpers ruined the game for me and I sold mine after only 6 weeks of ownership due to the pop bumpers.

But it's obviously not meant to be a flow game.

#212 9 years ago

Great job! I need to get back out there and play. nice alternate translite too.

#216 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Lol I honestly have no idea how to start it. It looked like all the individual modes all lit at once so I just kept shooting the flashing arrows.

I think you have to start every mode once and siege will start. Do you think that you started every mode in that game?

1 week later
#246 9 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

I much prefer the LE. With new code, other functions like more magnet play from well walker and
the crossbow will put this one over the top!

I would agree if only they left the bicycle girl a ramp and not a bash toy.

#250 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

This is what I think looks more reasonable for a factory outlane adjustment... Double wide bump posts which u can get at Marco spec in clear or red
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

haha. does the ball even fit in those outlanes?

#252 9 years ago

Geeze Louise. Did anyone see the PAPA qualifying scores for TWD yet? Keith Elwin has almost 700 million. that is ridic. He had some insane scores at LAX too.

#254 9 years ago
Quoted from cheezywhiz:

Really wish they could post video of those games.

That would be awesome. I think they are trying to improve that, but for now we will really only see games played in Finals I believe. So I bet those games will be 30 million and less haha. They have cameras set up for qualifying so how hard would it be for PAPA to post the best games recorded?

#256 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Half of that was probably CDC ...

Even so man. I cannot do that massive scoring on the CDC. I still don't think I have the mode down. Every time I start it I just try to hit all the other shots in the game as much as I can for like 15 seconds, then collect up the CDC, but I think the most I have gotten is like 10 mil.

#260 9 years ago

Agree. I'd rather never see the end of the game on 3 ball, than see the end on 5 ball. I'll take the glass off before I do that.

#264 9 years ago

Hopefully there are videos out there of some of the better scores had on it at PAPA

#266 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Well, Keith just won PAPA for the 6th time, too. Coincidence? I think not!

Wow. I didn't see that. Congrats to him. From what I saw at my first tournament at LAX this year, I am not surprised at all. He just had some scores that blew my mind. I mean they were the types of scores that if I saw them on a routed game, I would've just assumed there was a glitch in the game that let them score that haha.

#272 9 years ago

haha. I hope he reads this thread and sees us nerds comparing him to Tiger and Jordan. I am sure it would make his day.

1 week later
#293 9 years ago

Man, I haven't been able to play TWD in forever it seems. I need to get out there and renew my frustration haha.

1 week later
#296 9 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Does anyone else have probs with a bad transition between the return lanes and the flippers?
Sometimes described as 'ball hop'.
Seems the gap between the flipper and returne lane is not small enough, or the return lane is too low compared to the flipper, so when the ball makes the transition, it's slows down or jumps a little.
My friend his pro has the same issue. I tried adjusting the return lane but there's little room for adjustment.
ps: the stern walking dead flyers seem to show the same gaps.
And still have the second problem were a fast ball on the left flipper makes the ball go in the air, any tips to solve that?

The one I play on location doesnt have this issue. I would try adjusting the lane and push it up some to help. Usually when this happens on games it it because that return lane is sitting too low.

1 week later
#297 9 years ago

finally got a decent score on my location game. I am also the CDC champion, and Riot Champion at 5.2 million and 10.8 million, respectively haha. As you can see not many pinheads play this game regularly.

High Score #2.JPGHigh Score #2.JPG

#307 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

Yes I dislike this machine.
The drain monster gameplay is no fun, nothing interesting to shoot at, well walker is ugly and the stock lighting is totally wrong. Pretty ugly cab too.
I only play it cuz I have too

It has been widely documented that if the game is level you will not get those dumb drains. Might want to give it another shot.

1 month later
#314 8 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Sometimes I really wish I had some easy games

maybe put regular flippers on your FT and BSD. That should help. You do have a tough collection though.

3 years later
#322 5 years ago

It’s a standard leaf switch, but the way it is activated is not standard at all. The head has a arm underneath it that when you hit the head that arm swings forward and hits a big standup target under the game to register the hit.

You can make that switch crazy sensitive, but the best way to make that shot more consistent its to reduce the distance that arm has to travel to strike the target.

I simply took the soft side of sticky Velcro and attached it to the part of the arm that hits the target. Fixed the issue of the head not registering right up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 8.95
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-frustration-thread?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.