image-787.jpg
image.jpg
images-966.jpg
image.jpg
363603.jpg
image.jpg
image-623.jpg
image-633.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmore-pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Drain from pops is not a code issue....

It's a leveling issue. I was told this and found it difficult to believe.
I was getting pop drains just about every other time the ball came out of the pops.
I checked level and my machine was leaning to the right.
I leveled my machine and have played at least 2 dozen games since with only about 3 pop drains total.

It's frustrating, but no where near what it was before. I was almost ready to give up on the machine before I leveled it. SDTM from the magnet happens sometimes, but I think code can fix that.

I really love this game, yeah it can be brutal but if a game is too easy I get bored quickly.
I have a BSD which has some brutal shots that will kick the ball STDM so maybe I am sort of used to it.

That's just pinball.

@TaylorVA - the fix kit is for the LE - it's some sort of padding for under the bicycle girl ramp to protect the PF

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

It's a leveling issue. I was told this and found it difficult to believe.
I was getting pop drains just about every other time the ball came out of the pops.
I checked level and my machine was leaning to the right.
I leveled my machine and have played at least 2 dozen games since with only about 3 pop drains total.
It's frustrating, but no where near what it was before. I was almost ready to give up on the machine before I leveled it. SDTM from the magnet happens sometimes, but I think code can fix that.
I really love this game, yeah it can be brutal but if a game is too easy I get bored quickly.
I have a BSD which has some brutal shots that will kick the ball STDM so maybe I am sort of used to it.
That's just pinball.
@TaylorVA - the fix kit is for the LE - it's some sort of padding for under the bicycle girl ramp to protect the PF

Also want to add that this is my first Stern machine. I was hesitant to buy one with all the Stern bashing that goes on, but I have no regrets. I love it, including the non-cast member call outs.

#52 9 years ago

Way too much info. I just put a level on the PF and lined it up over a straight line in the graphics.
Very simple and it solved 95% of the pop drains

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

IMHO, pinball should not be frustrating....the world is frustrating enough!!

LOL - I have yet to come across a machine that does not frustrate me on some level

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from MarcG:

.... and one over 200k typically.

You should get over a mil every game, the skill shots add up to more than that.

#144 9 years ago

I find that most pins on location suck.

I played a Star Trek on location at movie theater and my game was 30 seconds. Massive ball drains almost every time. Played it for a second time at a friends house and had a very long enjoyable game.

I leveled my TWD and I am completely amazed how it stopped 98% of the pop drains.

#184 9 years ago

Have yet to break 100mil
Have mine set on 3 balls with a generous ball save time

#200 9 years ago

You can get the well walker easily with the right flipper with no drain danger

#207 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

This is not the case with the LE/premium. Because of the magnet, there is no such thing as a completely safe well walker shot.

I believe there is a game setting to turn off the magnet.

#213 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

First time I made it to siege .

What's required to start siege mode and what do you do once it's started?

#233 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Anyway, TWD sounds ALOT like Avengers to me - - Lots of design flaws and intrinsic issues, but very fun and satisfying to those who own and love the game. Could be worse....but resale value is gonna suck. But at least you can laugh about it, right? Because TWD is a comedy game. You got the redneck cracking wise to keep a smile on your face!

I don't get comments like this at all.
Who buys a game based on what it will be worth when they sell it?
I can't imagine selling it, but if I did in a year and lost $500 or more, who the frick cares?

I really like this game. My non-pinball wife who never plays any of our machines, played a dozen games in a row. She loved it.

I just don't get the point of posting comments like this.

1 week later
#248 9 years ago

since I leveled this game, all my frustrations are gone - of course except for my lack of skill

#257 9 years ago

I still can't break 100mil

#259 9 years ago

I just can't do 5 balls, feels like cheating to me. Only thing I have done is increase ball save time.

#261 9 years ago

Yeah, I am guilty of taking the glass off, but I don't sAve the high score

#276 9 years ago

The pro you played must not be level, once I levled mine pop drains went to about 3% from about 45%

#279 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Nevertheless, I can confirm that, at least a couple of months ago, it drained SDTM from the pops way too frequently. Rob and I played it together one night, and we counted 7 out of 9 balls out of the pops go SDTM.

Mine was doing the exact same thing. I could not believe that making it level would make a difference, but it did.

2 months later
#313 8 years ago

I love this game, but it really makes me want to shoot myself in the head sometimes.

If they were trying to capture what it's like to live in fear of Zombies, they have succeeded.
I am constantly in fear of ball drains while playing this game - it's fricken brutal.
The SDTM from the top magnet unless i hold the flippers, the random pop drains (not horrible but probably happens 5% of the time out of the pops), the bouncing off the slings to the gutters - game is just so frustrating and difficult - But I love it - can't stop playing it.

Sometimes I really wish I had some easy games, only easyish one I have is Whirlwind

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmore-pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-frustration-thread?tu=bmore-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.