image-787.jpg
image.jpg
images-966.jpg
image.jpg
363603.jpg
image.jpg
image-623.jpg
image-633.jpg
There are 322 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
#201 9 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

You can get the well walker easily with the right flipper with no drain danger

This is not the case with the LE/premium. Because of the magnet, there is no such thing as a completely safe well walker shot.

#202 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

This is not a solution. I played with these types of fixes and the ball bounces and hits the left most pop. I did get it to consistently come to the left flipper on a right orbit shot but it still was no a solution to every plunge ending in the pops. The pops just ruined the game for me.

I put a small piece of felt on the right orbit and the ball always makes a clean shot back to the left flipper, every single time....never gets caught up in the pops. A simple fix (for mine anyway) that improved the flow of the game for me. I'm loving mine!

363603.jpg363603.jpg

#203 9 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I put a small piece of felt on the right orbit and the ball always makes a clean shot back to the left flipper, every single time....never gets caught up in the pops. A simple fix (for mine anyway) that improved the flow of the game for me. I'm loving mine!
363603.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I did the same thing and I'm LOVING mine too Cleland!

#204 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

This is not the case with the LE/premium. Because of the magnet, there is no such thing as a completely safe well walker shot.

My fuse for the magnet blew. I have a replacement fuse but I have been too lazy to put it in. It's quite fun without the magnets. No stopping in play and no sdtm

#205 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

My fuse for the magnet blew. I have a replacement fuse but I have been too lazy to put it in. It's quite fun without the magnets. No stopping in play and no sdtm

I played mine for a week with no F7 fuse. It's definitely a very different game without the magnets.

#206 9 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

363603.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I did this and its a game changer, what a shame that some folks didn't give it time and apply the easy fixes that solve any gameplay issues but its still in its infancy and I think even though already loved by many that it shall become a classic must have pinball machine.

#207 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I believe there is a game setting to turn off the magnet.

#208 9 years ago

After putting around 200 games on my newly TWDLE i can now safely say i have also no problems with drains from the pops.
to be honest i have had no drains at all from that place. The only drainspots on the pins are the magnet area's. But it doesn't happen frequently, on mine anyway.

Gotta say i love this pin!
It has been since my Tron i had such an immerse experience on a pin.
Really looking forward to what Lyman is gonna add in a future update!

#209 9 years ago

Just played my best game yet. I am literally exhausted .

image.jpgimage.jpg
#210 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Wow! Nice score.

#211 9 years ago

First time I made it to siege .

#212 9 years ago

Great job! I need to get back out there and play. nice alternate translite too.

#213 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

First time I made it to siege .

What's required to start siege mode and what do you do once it's started?

#214 9 years ago

Lol I honestly have no idea how to start it. It looked like all the individual modes all lit at once so I just kept shooting the flashing arrows.

#215 9 years ago

was going to get a PRO version of TWD just played one today, glad I went with the LE. Frustration over.

#216 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Lol I honestly have no idea how to start it. It looked like all the individual modes all lit at once so I just kept shooting the flashing arrows.

I think you have to start every mode once and siege will start. Do you think that you started every mode in that game?

#217 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Sell me your LE backglass!

#218 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Nice score!! BDK too? You're on a roll.....

#219 9 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think you have to start every mode once and siege will start. Do you think that you started every mode in that game?

Yes, I know for sure I cleared them all. I think you are right.

#220 9 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

Nice score!! BDK too? You're on a roll.....

Lol, yeah bit of a change. Decided F it I want it all. Should have bought your TAF. Looking for that and TFLE in a bad way.
Otherwise Kis, Game of thrones, MBR and I should be good for a bit although you did make me fall in love with whirlwind too.

#221 9 years ago

You get to Seige by collecting 12 jackpots in Prison MB. Need not be on the same MB - you can get 3 Prison jackpots on the first Prison MB, and 9 on the next Prison MB and Seige will light. It is adjustable in the settings. You can generally see how many jackpots you have as you get a "Prison" letter for each jackpot. Complete that twice to light Seige.

#222 9 years ago

Seige has nothing to do with the other modes, MBs or multikills .

#224 9 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Whoa. big emphasis on the "somewhat," imho. lol
Avengers sucks for other reasons than needing to be dialed in: Gameplay, bonusX being most important aspect of scoring, repeatable/boring Hawkeye shot, can't see your inlane inserts....

(redneck yawn)

#225 9 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

You get to Seige by collecting 12 jackpots in Prison MB. Need not be on the same MB - you can get 3 Prison jackpots on the first Prison MB, and 9 on the next Prison MB and Seige will light. It is adjustable in the settings. You can generally see how many jackpots you have as you get a "Prison" letter for each jackpot. Complete that twice to light Seige.

Thanks I had no idea. Seem to do best when drinking whiskey and just playing to keep the ball live and hit flashing shots.

#226 9 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Avengers sucks for other reasons than needing to be dialed in: Gameplay, bonusX being most important aspect of scoring, repeatable/boring Hawkeye shot, can't see your inlane inserts....

Really the only thing that has prevented me from pulling the trigger on Avengers (I've had multiple chances) is the bonus X being the most important aspect of scoring.

If true, that reminds me far too much of ToM, which has the same issue, and it is an absolute game killer.

Other than that, there's lots to like about Avengers.

#227 9 years ago

Ugh I wanted to like it so bad but it hurt to play...

#228 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Ugh I wanted to like it so bad but it hurt to play...

Are you manic? Back when you owned it you sad you played it the most! And said you liked it!

#229 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Really the only thing that has prevented me from pulling the trigger on Avengers (I've had multiple chances) is the bonus X being the most important aspect of scoring.
If true, that reminds me far too much of ToM, which has the same issue, and it is an absolute game killer.
Other than that, there's lots to like about Avengers.

I probably "played for" bonus X less than 10 times in the thousand times I played Avengers. And it's not a satisfying strategy. And certainly not fool proof. When you have to hit the B/W ramp and either IM orbit to advance the game (hard, deeply satisfying shots to hit), why the frick would you just play for bonus x? Bonus X will come naturally in the game if your playing well...and there's plenty of other stuff to do. One small but fun thing is to maximize the Tesseract JP, and stack it with a MB.

Now, if you want to work the Loki lanes all day, fine...but can you beat Loki then? Beating him lights EB, which are needed to finish this game. Loki MB is HARD and exhilarating and frustrating.

Anyway, TWD sounds ALOT like Avengers to me - -. Lots of design flaws and intrinsic issues, but very fun and satisfying to those who own and love the game. Could be worse....but resale value is gonna suck. But at least you can laugh about it, right? Because TWD is a comedy game. You got the redneck cracking wise to keep a smile on your face!

#230 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

TWD sounds ALOT like Avengers to me - -. Lots of design flaws

I have a TWD pro and it plays great.
I have no idea what "lots of disign flaws" you mean...

#231 9 years ago

Loved it at first as a get drunk game but when I tried to play it for serious it grew more and more tiring.
The widow shot is a failed design as was Hulk. Not fixable. You can tweek It but its flawed.

#232 9 years ago

Are you manic? Back when you owned it you sad you played it the most! And said you liked it!

Aren't we all somewhat manic?

#233 9 years ago

Anyway, TWD sounds ALOT like Avengers to me - - Lots of design flaws and intrinsic issues, but very fun and satisfying to those who own and love the game. Could be worse....but resale value is gonna suck. But at least you can laugh about it, right? Because TWD is a comedy game. You got the redneck cracking wise to keep a smile on your face!

I don't get comments like this at all.
Who buys a game based on what it will be worth when they sell it?
I can't imagine selling it, but if I did in a year and lost $500 or more, who the frick cares?

I really like this game. My non-pinball wife who never plays any of our machines, played a dozen games in a row. She loved it.

I just don't get the point of posting comments like this.

#234 9 years ago

Anyway, TWD sounds ALOT like Avengers to me

Put down the crack pipe sir. That comparison is a joke.

images-966.jpgimages-966.jpg
#235 9 years ago

So bought my first NIB, the walking dead pro.

Issues I'm having/not having, after about 15 (short) games:

sometimes a very very fast ball from the tunnel shot to the right ramp airballs halfway the right ramp
sometimes the ball drops from the right ramp (actually on the curve on the left side of the playfield towards the end)
have to adjust my well walker as not all shots register at this time

no pop drain issues
no stdm magnet drain issues
prison walker (head) registers good

But man I love this game , grand champion at this moment on factory settings, 3 ball: 175M

#236 9 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

sometimes a very very fast ball from the tunnel shot to the right ramp airballs halfway the right ramp
sometimes the ball drops from the right ramp (actually on the curve on the left side of the playfield towards the end)

This happens on all TWDs (pro and LE). It's a design flaw.

#237 9 years ago

Congrats Big Papi, great score! I'm gonna ice down some cold and chilly's tonight and try and beat that score.

#238 9 years ago

My scoring is pretty bi-polar. About 10 mil or in triple digits.

Is the replay setting a good proxy for 'average' scoring? I assume it's not the average but what's the algorithm on factory settings?

Mine is at 67mill right now. What's yours?

#239 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

#240 9 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

My scoring is pretty bi-polar. About 10 mil or in triple digits.
Is the replay setting a good proxy for 'average' scoring? I assume it's not the average but what's the algorithm on factory settings?
Mine is at 67mill right now. What's yours?

Yeah, reply score is a good proxy for average scoring. There is a setting where you can set the percentage of replays awarded...so the replay score will adjust itself based on that. I forget what factory default is, but if it's 10%...and your replay is 67m - then the machine is saying that you'll get more than 67m roughly 10% of the time. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong).

If you were to drop the settings to award a replay 5% of the time, your replay number would go up. Without thinking much about it, I had assumed that (in my example) would double the replay to 134m, but I think that's probably wrong. Instead, it would be some number higher than 67m that you'd exceed roughly 5% of the time.

#241 9 years ago

my CDC high score is 129 M

#242 9 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

was going to get a PRO version of TWD just played one today, glad I went with the LE. Frustration over.

Lmfao i just played a le and thought just the opposite glad i got the pro way better flow than the le both great games just the pro is better imo

#243 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Mine did this at first, but after a little bit of breaking-in, it no longer does. I'm guessing that when I wax it up it will come back for a couple dozen plays then work out again. For me though, it wasn't the ramp that was the issue, but rather the ball catching air from the right flipper after the fast orbit. I managed to actually hit the Fishtank/Crossbow light panel center and nearly knock if off its mount once. I felt like Bo Jackson swinging for a 500ft homer

#244 9 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

I felt like Bo Jackson swinging for a 500ft homer

"Bo knows pinball ..."

#245 9 years ago

I much prefer the LE. With new code, other functions like more magnet play from well walker and
the crossbow will put this one over the top!

#246 9 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

I much prefer the LE. With new code, other functions like more magnet play from well walker and
the crossbow will put this one over the top!

I would agree if only they left the bicycle girl a ramp and not a bash toy.

#247 9 years ago

FRUSTRATION!!!!!!
So yesterday, I rocked an absolutely insane ball 3. Balls one and two were a disaster, totaling about 5 kills or so. Ball 3 had 51 kills, a multiplier of at least 10 I'm sure, and forgetting that I had already had a tilt warning, I made what I thought was only a moderately aggressive nudge, and managed to tilt out, BAH! Lost at LEAST 25 million in bonus points, and finished out a million short of my previous high score.
All of the sad pandas on the inter webs for me

I would love for Lyman to put in a Zombie Kill high score as well. Seems like a no brainer to me, and can't help but wonder why it's not already in there.

#248 9 years ago

since I leveled this game, all my frustrations are gone - of course except for my lack of skill

#249 9 years ago

This is what I think looks more reasonable for a factory outlane adjustment... Double wide bump posts which u can get at Marco spec in clear or red

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#250 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

This is what I think looks more reasonable for a factory outlane adjustment... Double wide bump posts which u can get at Marco spec in clear or red
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

haha. does the ball even fit in those outlanes?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 322 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-frustration-thread/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.