image-818.jpg
image-646.jpg
outrage.jpg
nicole-kidman-wtf.jpg
image-892.jpg
giphy.gif
image-755.jpg
image.jpg
There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#52 9 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

"Austrojoy Pty Ltd" have a new photo up on Facebook with the physical The Walking Dead Pro pictured with the translite out....and War Machine song selection from AC/DC on the display.
While we're here, I love that Pro cabinet. Would buy a Pro.

It shipped with AC/DC code? Way to go QC at Stern.

#53 9 years ago

The box in the background has the same writing on it as the Iron Man VE in the original post.

"Special Door"
"Extra Parts"

So it's the same machine.

image-892.jpgimage-892.jpg

#54 9 years ago

Some sort of code testing.... dont think it came with any sort of useable code....

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Some sort of code testing.... dont think it came with any sort of useable code....

Walking Dead On Arrival. WDOA. I guess the code's only an email away.

EDIT: From Austrojoy's Facebook it did ship with the code, the ACDC code was only installed briefly to check an issue.

#56 9 years ago

Outch

#57 9 years ago

Along the same lines, I remember reading about a Harley-Davidson that had it's ROM replaced with that of South Park. Apparently it still worked fine but you were getting points and Multiballs for doing all the wrong things.

#58 9 years ago

They probably don't have a way to erase the code from the game...so they just installed the ACDC stuff rendering the game pretty much useless

Quoted from RGR:

#59 9 years ago

ACDC code probably for QA testing on the line at the factory and will be updated.

That also tells us the game roms are going to work with Pinball Browser since nothing major has changed!

#60 9 years ago

Well they could certainly update to the current version of the software thats running on this machine today.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rawr-1st-thoughts-review-of-walking-dead

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Australia is fucking us again.

Again.....? Maybe if the game was playable it would have gone on location today... But thats ok blame the entire country...

#62 9 years ago

Contact Stern in a couple of hours (its before work hours right now) and I'm sure they will have a download for you since there is code to run on TWD Pro today. Can't wait to hear your impressions of the game.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

The box in the background has the same writing on it as the Iron Man VE in the original post.
"Special Door"
"Extra Parts"
So it's the same machine.

image-892.jpg 185 KB

#64 9 years ago

Yeah I was looking forward to playing it today and I was not the only one waiting for it either.... It might be on location on Monday/Tuesday if not l'll have to wait until Saturday when it will debut at Pinfest along with ACDC led, IM VE and Met led....

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Again.....? Maybe if the game was playable it would have gone on location today... But thats ok blame the entire country...

I think he was joking, buddy. The only thing we blame your entire country for is Air Supply.

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I think he was joking, buddy. The only thing we blame your entire country for is Air Supply.

Didnt see a smiley face etc.... Those are usually put in the thread to make sure that people dont take it the wrong way... Air Supply yeah poss, but then we made up for it with ACDC

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Didnt see a smiley face etc.... Those are usually put in the thread to make sure that people dont take it the wrong way... Air Supply yeah poss, but then we made up for it with ACDC

and Nichole Kidman

#68 9 years ago

Nah Russell Crowe... Nicole aint so bad

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Nah Russell Crowe... Nicole aint so bad

I know, Nichole is hot, I was counting her as a positive like AC/DC

#70 9 years ago

Nicole Kidman had to put up with Tom Cruise...and was smart enough not to procreate with him. Can't count her as a negative.

NOTE TO SELF: This thread is officially hijacked.

#71 9 years ago

Nicole doesn't count anymore because she did this to herself.
nicole-kidman-wtf.jpgnicole-kidman-wtf.jpg

#72 9 years ago

Stern Pinball has certainly thought this out. Send the game first, then make it playable when it is needed. Akin to shipping a car with out the steering wheel. We will be waiting for the vid,, some of us are more patient.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

nicole-kidman-wtf.jpg 11 KB

Holy shit. That image title is correct. W.T.F. Looks like a bad iPhone picture app where you distort pictures. Man she was smoldering hot with that sexy accent circa days of thunder.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Stern Pinball has certainly thought this out. Send the game first, then make it playable when it is needed.

If Stern releases the FIRST video, then they had a good plan to avoid another Star Trek situation. If the code goes in the game this weekend and we get a cell phone camera of someone bricking the ball for 30 seconds, then there is no Stern master plan.

#75 9 years ago

I wonder if Stern is planning to release some sort of promo video today for TWD? First, they restricted the guy that played it at the factory yesterday from shooting video (only pictures) and now they are preventing anyone from playing these Aussie games before Stern wants them to? It would make sense that they'd want their official Stern video to be the first video that anyone would see. One would hope so at least!

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I wonder if Stern is planning to release some sort of promo video today for TWD? First, they restricted the guy that played it at the factory yesterday from shooting video (only pictures) and now they are preventing anyone from playing these Aussie games before Stern wants them to? It would make sense that they'd want their official Stern video to be the first video that anyone would see. One would hope so at least!

All I know is I just got a quote from my distributor. However, I need to at least see the game in action and hear some audio before I pull the trigger. I've heard rumors that there is no voice work from the show or the actors, and if that is true I may jump back out quick.

#77 9 years ago

Who cares who does the video?? As long as people get to see hows its played whats wrong with that.

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Who cares who does the video?? As long as people get to see hows its played whats wrong with that.

Your video last year saved the day. The first video that came out, most likely shot on an unlevel game by an unskilled player had everyone declaring it was a steaming dog turd. But it was all we had for a few days.

#79 9 years ago

Again another Stern screw up! The video and all promotional materials should be ready at the same time. If I receive a game I expect it to be playable when I get it out of the box. Now this is starting to feel like prize redemption.....buy a box of cereal and get a free gift inside...but only if you log onto our website and get it...when it becomes available.

Because you know...we have no clue how to realease a product and we've only been in business.....forever...

#80 9 years ago

If JJP did this, it would earn its own thread.

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Better? I was totally joking. Clearly this is New Zealand's fault anyway.

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Better? I was totally joking. Clearly this is New Zealand's fault anyway.

New Zealand??? Where the hell is THAT?

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Stern Pinball has certainly thought this out. Send the game first, then make it playable when it is needed.

Modeled after the video game "pre-loading" concept. Buy it, download it a week early, wait for the activation switch to flip.

#84 9 years ago

Yeah it was exactly this time last year that the ST video was done, right during Pinfest as well... Ahhh well I'll do one not matter what happens.

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

That's what I'm thinking. Since today is Friday, they are probably going to release a video this afternoon for us all to view and talk about this weekend before the games are released to the public next week. I think this is what they have done in the past before.

#86 9 years ago

In all honesty video or reviews are great but in the end I need to physically play a machine before commenting or getting an opinion on the game. So no matter what Stern does whether they give us video or some other person does I do not form an opinion until I actually play it. All this crap last year with Star Trek and the bad video or lack of video from Stern, well I went to Chicago Expo and play tested it and went to the Stern factory and seen it phyically being built and then made the deciision to purchased the machine. These are 8K+ purchases anyone who is not play testing these machines and forming their own opinion before purchase either has way too much money to spend or is a riverboat gambler IMO...

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

These are 8K+ purchases anyone who is not play testing these machines and forming their own opinion before purchase either has way too much money to spend or is a Riverboat Gambler IMO...

Thanks for your opinion. Mom.

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Thanks for your opinion. Mom.

Sorry not everyone can be as cool as you... Just had to chime and comment since there was so much whine in the room...

#89 9 years ago

wow a pinball machine with no code.... that's new!

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Sorry not everyone can be as cool as you... Just had to chime and comment since there was so much whine in the room...

Did you read your post?

Lots of whine in there.

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

nicole-kidman-wtf.jpg 11 KB

Why do people think that stretching there face out makes them look better or younger? It doesn't it makes them look 10X worse. It screams hey look at me I am old and can't come to terms with it. I mean it really has the opposite effect from the reason that they got the surgery. Horrible...

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Did you read your post?
Lots of whine in there.

Ha whatever, just telling it as it is, people going on about how Stern needs to post video and such, why? They are selling thousands of machines with the marketing strategy that is place until the pinball community stops buying machines why would they change it. Thanks to all the people that take the effort to do post video as most of you get crapped on for bad video or not showing this or that or it taking too long to post.

#93 9 years ago

Sounds like they Rushed these Machines out for something. Thats Probably why they shipped with out proper code installed. I'm Sure the Code is coming, Stern is probably just finishing testing it.

Hell Back in the Day Games went to Europe with out Eproms In the Board. The Distributor had to Install at time of Sale. Nothing New here guys.

JJ

#94 9 years ago

Could they not have had the same code where the game was played in the factory and had a review?? Hmm l'll be major pissed if it aint playable by next weekend..

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Could they not have had the same code where the game was played in the factory and had a review?? Hmm l'll be major pissed if it aint playable by next weekend..

Did you call Stern and ask for a download link so you could play the game? Even unfinished software would be better than the game sitting there OFF. Or were you forbidden until XX date?

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

First to pay, first to play?

Tell that to Bumper Amusements and JJP!?

outrage.jpgoutrage.jpg

#97 9 years ago

Poor Lyman is slaving away 12 hours a day trying to get decent code done so it's playable.

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Did you call Stern and ask for a download link so you could play the game? Even unfinished software would be better than the game sitting there OFF. Or were you forbidden until XX date?

Well AMD bought the game out and were going to put it on location. I am just a player so it was not like I was forbidden, but just have to wait till they site it.... Hopefully early next week given that the location they will be putting it into will be very quiet on those nights.

#99 9 years ago

Would love to see some photos...under the play field...inside the prison.

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Would love to see some photos...under the play field...inside the prison.

that'd be cool.
i'm curious to see how the prison is finished, in the back and inside.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 26.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-downunder/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.