(Topic ID: 218701)

TWD ColorDMD Issues

By davijc02

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8C4CA700-F935-4F48-B50C-0DBB5881BFFD (resized).jpeg
    #1 5 years ago

I recently sold my FT which I installed a colordmd in. I opted to keep the colordmd and install it in my new TWD Pro and i've been having tons of issues getting it to work. I finally got the TWD rom file installed but it isn't in color. It is still displaying in the standard red color and I can't find anywhere in the menu to change it. In fact, the video from the website shows that you can select the type of machine the display is installed in (WPC, WS, SAM, DE, ETC) and that option is not available to me. Its as if the display still believes it is installed into my fish tales. Do I need to install stock firmware in order for this to work properly? All help is appreciated as this is annoying as all hell.

Thanks

#2 5 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

Do I need to install stock firmware in order for this to work properly?

Contact Randy at colordmd.com and include the serial number on your display. He'll know what to do.

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago

Paging Dmod

#4 5 years ago

I can say if you can select WPC, WS, SAM, DE, ETC, then you would have the default Sigma ROM installed. Being that you cannot, then you have a color ROM, though you may have the wrong title installed.

Press the far right menu button and post a picture of the screen.

#5 5 years ago
    8C4CA700-F935-4F48-B50C-0DBB5881BFFD (resized).jpeg8C4CA700-F935-4F48-B50C-0DBB5881BFFD (resized).jpeg
    #7 5 years ago

That is interesting. I have not ever ran into that issue.

#8 5 years ago

So complete blunder on my behalf. Apparently if you fail to remove the red colored display shield and replace with the clear one your display will continue to look red, imagine that!

Guess I should have done more than just glance at the mounting portion of the instructions.

#9 5 years ago

That is not something that crossed my mind. Post a new picture showing the new color display. Now enjoy the show.

#10 5 years ago

Later tonight I’ll snap a picture. My 3 year old wouldn’t leave me alone while I was putting the display in hence the skimming of directions.

Thanks for all the replays from everyone

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

So complete blunder on my behalf.

Not too bad. You can now enjoy your color dmd and you helped others in the future by updating the fix.

LTG : )

#12 5 years ago

I’d also like to thank Randy at ColorDmd for providing awesome customer service! He ships quick and provides timely troubleshooting help.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

So complete blunder on my behalf. Apparently if you fail to remove the red colored display shield and replace with the clear one your display will continue to look red, imagine that!
    Guess I should have done more than just glance at the mounting portion of the instructions.

Classic!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-colordmd-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.