(Topic ID: 124901)

TWD Code Update - Lyman not working on it....

By paulohotline

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

walkers.jpg
wheresthecode.jpg
Lyman.jpg
photo (1).JPG
TWD PIN Code update.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 8 years ago

I don't see why he needs to be involved with developing the Spike system.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Why their top programmer wouldn't be involved in developing the software for their next generation system? Care to think that through?

Spike is a hardware system, LS is a software guy. I was not sure why LS needs to develop a hardware system (it's probably not his area of expertise).

Are you saying LS is developing the software that runs Spike? He's writing the computer language for Spike?

I will say I don't know how these things work, but LS is a pinball programmer not a hardware developer.

#24 8 years ago

ST has been out a year longer than TWD and just got an update a month ago, so IMO it really makes sense that Stern prioritizes ST over TWD. Also ST is still in production and probably selling better than TWD, on Pinside more than twice as many people own ST/STLE than TWD/TWDLE.

#26 8 years ago

I am not defending Stern for under delivering on Software, but many games do take much longer for them to complete than one year.

I will say, that some of the better sellers have better code, don't know if one thing has anything to do with the other, I mean if a game is not selling they may not go all out to develop the code.

I am only going by Pinside (owners) to get my numbers. But here are a few games I picked to illustrate that the better sellers may get better code (in ST's case that is not accurate since it sold well on sub par code, so maybe the better sellers get more code development time).

Here are the listed owners on Pinside (combined Pro/Premium/LE)

TAV 184
TWD 270
XM 312
IM 427
ST 599
Tron 605
Metallica 698
AcDc 892

#39 8 years ago

Interesting that he says botched license.

#127 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I'm sure LS was pulled from the programming of TWD to work on the new system. Happens all the time that is why code takes so long to get to buyers of new games. I'm also sure that TWD will get more attention likely by LS at some point.
One thing that is fact is this liscence was indeed screwed up by Stern. Not getting the rights to use actors sound bites is bush league. Getting such a cool licsense and not including actors voices is an epic fail IMO. It's like a half liscenced pin.

I was thinking how cool IM is, I know it's a cool pin in itself, but the sound clips are totally awesome. Every time I start Monger and hear "where do you think you're going?" Just classic plus the dozens of other clips. Tron, SM, as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-code-update-lyman-not-working-on-it?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.