(Topic ID: 124901)

TWD Code Update - Lyman not working on it....

By paulohotline

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

walkers.jpg
wheresthecode.jpg
Lyman.jpg
photo (1).JPG
TWD PIN Code update.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 9 years ago

I for one am glad Lyman has not been working on TWD code, if it meant he wasn't polishing ACDC and Tron code to the highest-gloss humanly possible. Don't mean to imply that I don't feel TWD owners aren't due code, just that I prefer prioritizing his work by level of effort required and original release date of pin.

Sorry to say this but - I don't like the layout on TWD (horrible flow), and no amount of code changes will overcome that issue in my eyes. But at least one big code update is due the brave buyers of TWD to bring it up to an acceptable level.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

ACDC and Tron do not need code updates. Both games play great and are as complete as any other game. It makes no sense for them to plod away on games with great code that are no longer being made when games in current production suck ass in the code department.

I see you are new around here (1+ year pfffft!!), but Pinsiders have a long memory. And when an issue comes up that personally affects oneself, let's just say I have some disappointment and refusal to give up on the dream - GREAT CODE for TRON & ACDC. Both games left some things unpolished, and I would love to see Stern allow Lyman to finish these games and close the books on them.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

ACDC and Tron do not need code updates. Both games play great and are as complete as any other game. It makes no sense for them to plod away on games with great code that are no longer being made when games in current production suck ass in the code department.

Agreed that both ACDC & Tron play great and that they are as complete as any other game. Both have a few things that could and should be tweaked, and Lyman has acknowledged he plans to make changes that address these and other shortcomings. I feel this intent may have been quietly dropped in recent months plus any sense of urgency to do this is past. I want ACDC and Tron to be developed to their fullest and for these games to be the best Stern has made. This example is exactly why it is preferable to pass on purchasing a game until it is complete. No predorders, pay when they are rolling off the line. You know what the code is rather than speculating what future code changes may come. Stern should want consistency in their message by offering 100% fully code, or provide a detailed expectation of future development. Absent 100% code, I still want and feel entitled to final updates for both ACDC & TRON.

. . Stern should allow Lyman to make ACDC & Tron as perfect as possible (especially if we are talking a few hundred hours of labor to get them done, or some reasonable facsimile). TWD is going to need many thousands of coding hours to be completed. Finish these two older games and move onto TWD code.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 16.00
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-code-update-lyman-not-working-on-it?tu=jeffspinballpalace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.