(Topic ID: 124901)

TWD Code Update - Lyman not working on it....

By paulohotline

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

walkers.jpg
wheresthecode.jpg
Lyman.jpg
photo (1).JPG
TWD PIN Code update.jpg
There are 215 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Mustang is an awesome game. Love my Boss Premium.
Jack Benson was a fantastic hire for Stern !

Did jack do the code? The game has Lonnie written all over it. Maybe Lonnie took Jack under his wing as supervision?

#202 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Did jack do the code? The game has Lonnie written all over it. Maybe Lonnie took Jack under his wing as supervision?

Team effort with Lonnie as lead. Jack's debut game.

#203 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Team effort with Lonnie as lead. Jack's debut game.

Whoever/whatever, it worked!

#204 9 years ago

thought this was walking dead thread.

#205 9 years ago

They need to cut Jack loose and let him really take charge of a game!

#206 9 years ago
Quoted from T7:

You're right - I'm sure most of your posts are not trollish. I was only responding to the negative, superiority complex attitude displayed in your first (and second) posts here. I am not one of the people you have been targeting as I do not buy every new game, and have not had many "code" problems. I'm just sick of reading post after post telling people to quit whining, with a major I'm better than you attitude (which you clearly possess), inconsiderately telling others what fools they are. There are numerous posts from many different pinsiders repeating the same exact statement - it's not even original. Just like you're sick of all the whining, so am I. You seem intelligent enough to be able to "encourage intelligence in buying" as you said in a more civil, thoughtful manner. My posts here were an attempt to neutralize the negative/inferior feelings your posts were designed to inflict on others.

Put me down as someone sick of reading post after post for game after game of people shocked by the lack of code updates from stern. At least the posts like mine have led to people wising up and not getting sucked into these situations. You slashing back personally, does not, but starts little unneeded feuds.

We’ve encouraged people long enough here. If you buy new games, unproven, then you’re making your own bed. Just as if you fund peeps in their basement trying to build a machine, or one off’s from great companies that you think can do the same. There is such an abundance of knowledge and history and lessons that it staggers my mind why people STILL get into these situations.

It’s hardly a superiority complex. I want you to have the code done, I want you and everyone else to get the games they purchased and they deserve. I don’t want the need for these discussions any more than any buyer does. Who would? I get no pleasure out of any of these situations.

If you are going to buy new and unproven, at least do what many I respect do – buy them, and accept that this may be the best it gets, and anything else is sprinkles on top. But you and others don’t get to cry wolf and regulate the posts by people like me that hope to steer people free of these bad decisions, which will eventually (yep, one day… sales will drop, people will learn and…. Stern will respond) solve this issue.

I’m done here.

#207 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

AMH code seems to be pretty complete and polished, too.

Just a little frustration coming out on my part with Jpop.

Great job on AMH. Sounds like I'll be grabbing their next one. And Mustang too from what I read

#208 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Meh... people complain about Stern releasing machines with unfinished code....
18 years later, I'm still waiting for WMS to finish the code for NGG

NGG has been treated by williams like WOF was by stern. It could have been an awesome game, if the code would make more sense. I don't know why they didn't set it up with certain number of holes, and run it like a course. Say you start with hole 1. It gives you a 6 to start. As you make shot and do certain things, it lowers the 6 down, until you hit enough to make it a hole in 1. Have certain shots make you put out, if you hit them at the wrong time or something. Would have been better than random hole counts.

#209 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Put me down as someone sick of reading post after post for game after game of people shocked by the lack of code updates from stern. At least the posts like mine have led to people wising up and not getting sucked into these situations. You slashing back personally, does not, but starts little unneeded feuds.
We’ve encouraged people long enough here. If you buy new games, unproven, then you’re making your own bed. Just as if you fund peeps in their basement trying to build a machine, or one off’s from great companies that you think can do the same.

You are correct, and it's important to re-state this in every thread. The issue is unfortunately more complex than this, and that has to do with manufacturing timeframes and limited editions. By the time code is finished, Stern almost always has the game out of production, or at least the LE and Premium models. It's a catch-22 when the theme is high demand or low production, and the customers are always the ones at the disadvantage.

#210 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Have certain shots make you put out, if you hit them at the wrong time or something. Would have been better than random hole counts.

Whut? It's not random.. and your hole's score is based on your shots.

#211 8 years ago

it's all over the place and not laid out very well. Rules are very unpolished.

#212 8 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Put me down as someone sick of reading post after post for game after game of people shocked by the lack of code updates from stern.

recorded, thanks

3 weeks later
#213 8 years ago

For all the naysayers.

It's all Lyman.
The new code is awesome !!!!

#214 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

For all the naysayers.

Huh, we were just going off of what Lyman told us. wtf?

#215 8 years ago

It's pretty obvious that Stern took notice of what Lyman posted on his facebook regarding the status of the TWD code and how it was put on the back burner. That combined with the #wheresthecode campaign and it appears that Stern has put an increased focus on listening to its consumers when it comes to finishing what they promised. I also like the increased communication, attention to detail, customer focus and overall friendly attitude being displayed on the official Stern facebook page. Bravo team Stern, you guys have my attention and cash

PS: How awesome is it to see Mr Gomez himself troubleshoot TWD updates issues with mom and pop? Pretty friggen cool, love that guy!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 8.95
$ 26.95
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 215 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-code-update-lyman-not-working-on-it/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.