(Topic ID: 124901)

TWD Code Update - Lyman not working on it....

By paulohotline

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 215 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by paulohotline
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

walkers.jpg
wheresthecode.jpg
Lyman.jpg
photo (1).JPG
TWD PIN Code update.jpg

There are 215 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Well I call bullshit on it, Lyman would never post that public.

Why? It seems he was responding to another well known tourney player. You think someone really went to the trouble to make a fake account just to do that???

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Why? It seems he was responding to another well known tourney player. You think someone really went to the trouble to make a fake account just to do that???

WHy do you think JPOP has been too busy to respond to refund requests?

#103 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

WHy do you think JPOP has been too busy to respond to refund requests?

What does that have to do with Lyman possibly responding to another Tournament players statement about TWD???

#104 4 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

The friends list is impressive for a fake account

#105 4 years ago

Lyman is 100% working on the code. The title of this thread is wrong. What Zucot is saying is correct.

#106 4 years ago

As per Stern and Jody... Officially.

Lyman IS working on Walking Dead and update is coming very soon.

#107 4 years ago

I'm surprised people are panicking about the code. Didn't they beta test new code at PAPA last month?

#108 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

As per Stern and Jody... Officially.

What does "officially" mean, out of curiosity?

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What does "officially" mean, out of curiosity?

That that's direct info from Stern. Did you not read the first sentence ?

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

That's that's direct info from Stern.

Okay, but meaning what? Jody emailed you and said you could share it here? Just curious about the communication channels is all.

That's not a fake Lyman Facebook profile, and not a doctored screenshot, and anyone who's a "real insider" knows that things he's referring to, so obviously competing streams of information out there.

I don't even own (or want) TWD, I just would like to see every company find better ways to talk to the pinball community. There would be way less drama for everyone that way, around every company, not just singling out Stern.

I hope everyone who owns the game gets an update that makes them happy too of course.

#111 4 years ago

Like I said earlier in the thread, Lyman mentioned to my buddy the other day that Stern pulled him off the game. I accept this as fact. The person who told me this wouldn't just make this shit up.

#112 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I will say I don't know how these things work

Should never jump to conclusions when you don't know how things work.

I do not know about SAM, but Spike appears to be a small pc. Now they are running an OS. Decisions had to be made about that. They had to pick which programming language to go with. What features would be common. I would imagine Lyman worked on the equivalent of the freewpc framework for spike.

#113 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Okay, but meaning what? Jody emailed you and said you could share it here?

Yes, directly spoke with Jody.

Pinside sure can make a mass unnecessary panic.
Lyman is working on WD.

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Like I said earlier in the thread, Lyman mentioned to my buddy the other day that Stern pulled him off the game. I accept this as fact. The person who told me this wouldn't just make this shit up.

Here's my take, based on how things have gone in the past & putting the pieces together.

He was pulled off the game...and one of the following is true:

A.) He's not working on it during the day...but is working on it at home (that's how he's finished games in the past).

B.) He was off it for a while to work on Spike, but back on it.

C.) He's off it, but others are working on it.

No matter the scenario, it sounds like there will be updates...so that's good.

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Naa, we just listen to Rob more

Yeah, you should always listen to Rob when he agrees with me. Also, my name is Rob. Good call.

#116 4 years ago

I just hope the code from whomever that programs it is good.

#117 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Here's my take, based on how things have gone in the past & putting the pieces together.
He was pulled off the game...and one of the following is true:
A.) He's not working on it during the day...but is working on it at home (that's how he's finished games in the past).
B.) He was off it for a while to work on Spike, but back on it.
C.) He's off it, but others are working on it.
No matter the scenario, it sounds like there will be updates...so that's good.

Well put, agreed

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It's simple - he was pulled to work on Spike. But that does not mean he was pulled from the project completely. Just that his current workload was Spike, not TWD, but he's still lead programmer for TWD.

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

It's simple - he was pulled to work on Spike. But that does not mean he was pulled from the project completely. Just that his current workload was Spike, not TWD, but he's still lead programmer for TWD.

Dingdingding we have a winner.

#120 4 years ago

So .. how bout that title change OP .. it is misleading

#121 4 years ago

My idea is.. change the topic title.. close the topic... go play some twd.
Experience then the differences when code is released. And use all the energy left to write about the nice changes that we discover .

#122 4 years ago

I hope the truth here ISN'T that Lyman was taken off the project, but because he is so dedicated works on it on the weekends, and then in turn Stern tells us "Lyman IS working on it!" and taking advantage of his dedication.

The post from Lyman, if it was him, was a very disgruntled employee, and that isn't good. That situation needs to be dealt with, and quick.

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Yes, directly spoke with Jody.
Pinside sure can make a mass unnecessary panic.
Lyman is working on WD.

So you are saying you believe the word of the mouthpiece of Stern over their most accomplished employee that says he has been taken off the game?

#124 4 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

So .. how bout that title change OP .. it is misleading

Until Stern proves it as different, I would say the title is still spot on.

When was the last TWD code update? Game currently is missing some major things and now we even have the lead programmer saying he is not happy with the situation.

After we get a code update, the title is still spot on.

#125 4 years ago

I'm sure LS was pulled from the programming of TWD to work on the new system. Happens all the time that is why code takes so long to get to buyers of new games. I'm also sure that TWD will get more attention likely by LS at some point.

One thing that is fact is this liscence was indeed screwed up by Stern. Not getting the rights to use actors sound bites is bush league. Getting such a cool licsense and not including actors voices is an epic fail IMO. It's like a half liscenced pin.

#126 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Not getting the rights to use actors sound bites is bush league. Getting such a cool licsense and not including actors voices is an epic fail IMO. It's like a half liscenced pin.

That is the big story here.
The code will get done. But what an epic screw up with the license.

#127 4 years ago

I'm sure LS was pulled from the programming of TWD to work on the new system. Happens all the time that is why code takes so long to get to buyers of new games. I'm also sure that TWD will get more attention likely by LS at some point.
One thing that is fact is this liscence was indeed screwed up by Stern. Not getting the rights to use actors sound bites is bush league. Getting such a cool licsense and not including actors voices is an epic fail IMO. It's like a half liscenced pin.

I was thinking how cool IM is, I know it's a cool pin in itself, but the sound clips are totally awesome. Every time I start Monger and hear "where do you think you're going?" Just classic plus the dozens of other clips. Tron, SM, as well.

#128 4 years ago

The thing is Stern want us to believe Lyman works on every code on every game because they know he sells games!

#129 4 years ago

Getting such a cool licsense and not including actors voices is an epic fail IMO.

Agreed. Epic fail! Fortunately, we can swap out the callouts with stuff from the show using Pinball Browser, but it will still never be quite as good as it could have been.

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Agreed. Epic fail! Fortunately, we can swap out the callouts with stuff from the show using Pinball Browser, but it will still never be quite as good as it could have been.

I hear you my friend. It just pisses me off that we pay as much as we pay for these pins and then we have to use the browser to make it a fully liscenced game. Come on now at the very least get the rights to use sounds from the show. It's not even like we're requesting custom actor call outs here. Just a fully liscenced pin please.

#131 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was thinking how cool IM is, I know it's a cool pin in itself, but the sound clips are totally awesome. Every time I start Monger and hear "where do you think you're going?" Just classic plus the dozens of other clips. Tron, SM, as well.

And then I cringe when I play Avengers and hear the voice actors when such awesome content could have been pulled from the movies.

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

And then I cringe when I play Avengers and hear the voice actors when such awesome content could have been pulled from the movies.

And people knock Avatar....

Content from movie and custom quotes from the Colonel - makes the game real immersive.

#133 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Content from movie and custom quotes from the Colonel - makes the game real immersive.

Man, I love the callouts on Avatar...... =\

#134 4 years ago

HAMSOUP JACKPOT!

#135 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I have never heard anyone knock the sound on Avatar.

#136 4 years ago

Some positive vibes.

Changed skill shot graphic and bonus count down

onlyafraidof2thingsinlive_walkers_and_pinsiders.jpg

#137 4 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

Lyman is 100% working on the code. The title of this thread is wrong. What Zucot is saying is correct. I know this and have proof.

That. Is. Very. Good

#138 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I hope the truth here ISN'T that Lyman was taken off the project, but because he is so dedicated works on it on the weekends, and then in turn Stern tells us "Lyman IS working on it!" and taking advantage of his dedication.
The post from Lyman, if it was him, was a very disgruntled employee, and that isn't good. That situation needs to be dealt with, and quick.

Lyman thought Lotr, Tron, SM, TWD are awesome titles he has a personal interest in. So he pulls all strings to accommodate updates even on his own time. I would. Hoping Gary reimburses Lyman for his dedication.

#139 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Funny thing is original beta had VO's from cast in it. Michonne, Herschel, Rick, Shane and Glenn were there. Then 'something' happened and Lyman had to scramble code rewrites.

#140 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Funny thing is original beta had VO's from cast in it. Michonne, Herschel, Rick, Shane and Glenn were there. Then 'something' happened and Lyman had to scramble code rewrites.

I seriously think we should start a "Thank you, Lyman!" fundraiser. If we asked Pinsiders to donate whatever they felt was appropriate, I'm certain we would raise a heck of a lot of money. It would be a great way to show Lyman how much the community appreciates the fact that he always goes the extra mile to complete and polish the software on his games.

#141 4 years ago

most comes down to, stop buying games until they play to your satisfaction. If you do not like the rules and code when the game comes out. Don't buy it until it is up to what you think is complete and enough to spend $4500+ on it. Then you won't have to worry about situations like this. When I bought LOTR, 10.0 code was already out. Early on, it needed time to develop. Once it was tweeked out, it was awesome.

Now some will say that stern won't invest the time in the code if the sales arn't up. But at the same time, if sales continue to be slow due to unfinished code, they will realize the importance of code, and start dedicating more man hours into making sure it's more complete before the game even ships.

#142 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I seriously think we should start a "Thank you, Lyman!" fundraiser. If we asked Pinsiders to donate whatever they felt was appropriate, I'm certain we would raise a heck of a lot of money. It would be a great way to show Lyman how much the community appreciates the fact that he always goes the extra mile to complete and polish the software on his games.

I agree with you and was going to post the same thing a couple of days ago. The reason I hesitated was I thought that it had been suggested before and that the idea was widely shat upon at the time. I say hire Coasterguy and let's get it going.

#143 4 years ago

Walker

#144 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Great idea Gweem. If I can piss away $4750 on Kevin, I can spare funds for good ole Lymee.

#145 4 years ago

Texas Ranger...

#146 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I got five on it

#147 4 years ago
Quoted from Sarge:

Texas Ranger...

Preorder coming soon.

#148 4 years ago

I would donate to a cause which pays Lyman to provide his own set timeframe for the TWD code to be updated on his own personal time, the features that will be added, and some sort of progress report.

I bet people would donate for something like that to LYMAN (not to Stern)

#149 4 years ago

Stern should be embarrassed that there is talk of "passing the hat" for one of their employees.

#150 4 years ago

I'll talk to coasterguy and see if this is something he wants to take on. He's our resident fundraising guru.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Jennings, LA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 235.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
There are 215 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside