tweplungerhead.jpg
twdheads.jpg
twdblade.jpg
amc blade.jpg
IMG_20141126_175859.jpg
hosed.jpg
579130_370013249748460_3393831_n.jpg
image.gif

There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 9 years ago

who will post a first "new" video (showing a good/long game) ?

#102 9 years ago

Played several games tonight on my Pro on location between customers tonight. It is awesome! I really enjoy the update to scoring and it seems to be better for me anyways with the SDTM problem.

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Added a Woodbury sign and the roof above the Prison doors while the update seemed to take forever.

I added those same things during my update. Also put on Mezelmods well walker bracket. The red is SO much better

Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I didn't encounter the SDTM issue at all.

It's funny, the first ball of my first game on the new code went STDM from the prison magnet. That whole 2 second ball save from the magnet would make plenty of sense. Make it an option in the menu so OPs can disable it to increase profits, but let us home owner's have the option. Oh well. Still love the pin

#104 9 years ago

According to the read me, there was nothing done to the magnets. How are so many on here all of a sudden having less STDM? Either there was something left out of the notes, or a lot of people on here have crazy imaginations. I personally noticed no change to my magnet....never had STDM and still don't.

#105 9 years ago

I only played about 5-6 games. It definitely could have been the placebo effect, but then again, I haven't had much of an issue with SDTM drains from the prison anyway. Pop drains, on the other hand...

#106 9 years ago

Dave! It just hit me. You have 6 machines!? How is that? Where are you keeping them? Did you wipe out the arcades altogether?

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_erie:

According to the read me, there was nothing done to the magnets. How are so many on here all of a sudden having less STDM? Either there was something left out of the notes, or a lot of people on here have crazy imaginations. I personally noticed no change to my magnet....never had STDM and still don't.

Magnet on wellwalker and prison were both altered by Lyman. Magnet has more spaced pulse width modulation to allow the ball to move a millimeter or so then pulses again, THEN a third time to fling ball towards the sides of the pf.

Yes, code was altered on those. For those with SDTM issues, I was informed that a slight incline of the ball towards the right side on leveling the pin will increase ball times. .2 degrees lower on rh side of machine with a 6.7 degree pitch.
Not all pf designs require a perfect level. Also, ST was informed also same specs.
I tried it. Works well. Also keeps the brutality of the lh outlane decreased.

#108 9 years ago

I made a quick gameplay video. Sorry couldn't start much modes. I'm not such a good player and it's harder with the glass on

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

** update did not fix the left outlane.
lol Man that thing is huge!

Put in a star post to close the gap a li'l. Problem solved.

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Magnet on wellwalker and prison were both altered by Lyman. Magnet has more spaced pulse width modulation to allow the ball to move a millimeter or so then pulses again, THEN a third time to fling ball towards the sides of the pf.
Yes, code was altered on those. For those with SDTM issues, I was informed that a slight incline of the ball towards the right side on leveling the pin will increase ball times. .2 degrees lower on rh side of machine with a 6.7 degree pitch.
Not all pf designs require a perfect level. Also, ST was informed also same specs.
I tried it. Works well. Also keeps the brutality of the lh outlane decreased.

What about the LE GI? Is that still coming?

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

What about the LE GI? Is that still coming?

Not sure I follow Zucot.

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Not sure I follow Zucot.

Having the GI on the LE change with modes / features, like all of the other recent LEs.

I thought that thats what this line referred to, but i guess I was mistaken:

Added LED GI functionality for LE.

#113 9 years ago

Color changing led inserts in pf have increased functionality now. More interactive with modes. GI shuts off with specific modes I was told, for a few seconds.

#114 9 years ago

I had good intentions , but this video came out really weird ...still its over 200 mil. , so maybe someone will find it of value .

Apologies for the wavy screen effect and focus problems.

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

I made a quick gameplay video. Sorry couldn't start much modes. I'm not such a good player and it's harder with the glass on
» YouTube video

Seems to be a lot more dynamic lighting in the pro? The LE has the red GI so I figured this update would utilize that option more, BloodBath the whole pin turns red etc. If you watch this guy's game I noticed the GI on the pro go on and off but nothing on the LE. I need that mood lighting damn it. Other wise great update.

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Color changing led inserts in pf have increased functionality now. More interactive with modes. GI shuts off with specific modes I was told, for a few seconds.

Haven't seen my LE do anything yet. Had a 100 mill game on it, so I don't think this update has any of those effects unfortunately.

#117 9 years ago

Here is my video (16:00 min long)

#118 9 years ago

I think red and white GI combo looks terrible on this game. I'd rather see them select the Reds more sparingly and leave the reds off entirely. Then in red mide turn off all the whites powering on the reds.

#119 9 years ago
Quoted from ernoe:

» YouTube video

Damn that is some serious playing dude! Well done!

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from ernoe:

Very nice vid, learned a lot about the game play. Noticed HORDE still does nothing and gets awarded after the ball goes down.

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from ernoe:

» YouTube video

Thanks for the video of the new code. Seems like Arena scoring is extremely unbalanced. On your 7th or 8th ramp shot it started awarding 31+M per shot, for a total just for Arena mode of over 90M! That seems a little strange to me. The tourney players will be putting 400-500M on TWD soon.( or maybe 700-800 if you are Trent).

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Thanks for the video of the new code. Seems like Arena scoring is extremely unbalanced. On your 7th or 8th ramp shot it started awarding 31+M per shot, for a total just for Arena mode of over 90M! That seems a little strange to me. The tourney players will be putting 400-500M on TWD soon.( or maybe 700-800 if you are Trent).

No doubt, 95 million on Arena mode champion, that's crazy!

Still, a great game, nice skills, thanks for the video and I love this pin!

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Dave! It just hit me. You have 6 machines!? How is that? Where are you keeping them? Did you Wipe Out the arcades altogether?

Pretty much! I sold off everything except Berzerk (my all-time favorite arcade game) and Satan's Hollow in order to make more room for pins.

#124 9 years ago

Im gonna play as much as I can today. My fingers hurt from last nights TWD session. I will NOT close those outlines. I will not! loll The ramps being in the way make me not want to anyway.

#125 9 years ago

Errrrr, in almost all these videos the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th..... voice I hear is still the crappy hick. Do away with him, it's horrid and doesn't even make me want to watch more. Updated animations I saw looked good, I saw Dale's RV, that's a step in the right direction

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

yeah..TWD at Lake Alice is a fickle bitch
I put a wad of napkins under the right leveler to make it playable

When did you do that?

I was there yesterday (Wednesday) and it still had the SDTM issues from the magnet and the pops.

#127 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I think red and white GI combo looks terrible on this game.

I like the GI a lot. I think the lights perfectly reflect the mood of the theme.

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I like the GI a lot. I think the lights perfectly reflect the mood of the theme.

Have you had a chance to compare it to a pro with say warm whites under the Gi plastics? There is no red in the plastics and having red lights under them looks all weird and color bombed. It doesn't feel like blood or anything it just looks weird and washes out the plastics. The pro I had we put warm white under the plastics and it really accented the natural color choices in the plastics. If they had say only whites on lighting the plastics. Then reds came on alone during attacks I think that might accent the mood without looking bad the rest of the time.

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Have you had a chance to compare it to a pro with say warm whites under the Gi plastics? There is no red in the plastics and having red lights under them looks all weird and color bombed. It doesn't feel like blood or anything it just looks weird and washes out the plastics. The pro I had we put warm white under the plastics and it really accented the natural color choices in the plastics. If they had say only whites on lighting the plastics. Then reds came on alone during attacks I think that might accent the mood without looking bad the rest of the time.

That may happen, so far no GI dynamics at all, I don't mind them both being on all the time but yeah during certain modes it should go all red. I might change all the cool white 2leds to a nice warm led. I think that would contrast well with the reds.

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Have you had a chance to compare it to a pro with say warm whites under the GI plastics?

I haven't seen one with warm whites in person. It does look nice in the photos. I think the LE with the reds looks much better than a stock pro with all cool white.

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

-More call outs, but they're the style we've been hearing. I'm going to guess if you are unhappy with this, they aren't changing direction.

When i play'd the Banker's LE ,, after a bit U didn't think much about the voice from the call out guy ,, So Now yr say-n the Dork is do-n More talk-n ? Dam ,, Maybe he's Lyman's good-buddy or Something ..

#132 9 years ago

I like the callouts. This feels like an original zombie theme rather than walking dead, which I think is a plus.

#133 9 years ago

Man I just got 100 000 000 million on CDC mode not sure how but the game I just had was insane. Obviously best method is stacking everything possible to achieve big points, and highest fun factor. I need a minute. wow.

#134 9 years ago

It seems with the current software the path to success is to work on those multiballs and then let everything else happen by chance since everything stacks on everything. It's pandemonium for certain.

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It seems with the current software the path to success is to work on those multiballs and then let everything else happen by chance since everything stacks on everything. It's pandemonium for certain.

Totally agree, get those multi balls stacked, I go for Prison and Well Walker first and like you said Frolic, it's stacking pandemonium from there! There is so much going on at one time its hard to figure out what or how you triggered it.

Good job Hazoff, I had to take a break, shoulders were getting worn out.

#136 9 years ago

This scoring is awesome with the short ball times of this game. Lyman's software is really coming alive once again fitting perfectly for the game.

#137 9 years ago

When I plug in my USB stick it does not find the BIN file. Are we supposed to uncompress the file on the USB?

#138 9 years ago
Quoted from violinfather:

When I plug in my USB stick it does not find the BIN file. Are we supposed to uncompress the file on the USB?

No need to unzip it. Did you flip DIP switch 8 behind the translite?

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from violinfather:

I unzip the file on my desktop and just throw the bin file on the USB. Worked like a charm.

#140 9 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

No need to unzip it. Did you flip DIP switch 8 behind the translite?

Yes, you need to unzip it. You can unzip it on the USB drive or your hard drive, but you need to unzip it. .bin file goes on USB drive.

#141 9 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Yes, you need to unzip it. You can unzip it on the USB drive or your hard drive, but you need to unzip it. .bin file goes on USB drive.

Thank you. That worked.

#142 9 years ago

Great update - this game is a blast to play!

#143 9 years ago

Does anyone know how to start the HORDE wizard mode? I collected all multikill weapons and nothing happened. After the drain all multikill weapons have been reset.
Do I need to start HORDE somehow or is it not in the code yet?

#144 9 years ago

You guys saying you can nudge your way out of that prison SDTM problem must have removed the tilt bob and can send your machine moving 2-3 inches. It's unlikely I'll ever own one of these, but it's happened to me twice playing it on location where the tilt is fairly tight. Nothing you can do to save it.

#145 9 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

You guys saying you can nudge your way out of that prison SDTM problem must have removed the tilt bob and can send your machine moving 2-3 inches. It's unlikely I'll ever own one of these, but it's happened to me twice playing it on location where the tilt is fairly tight. Nothing you can do to save it.

I believe a double flip will help in most of cases

#146 9 years ago

The two wizard modes are not in the game yet. They will be coming with one of the future updates.

#147 9 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Not off but very low setting, this game is fast and challenging enough that I don't mind making it easier, even with the nudging and ability to save the SDTM's and odd out lanes very difficult indeed. Greatness

#148 9 years ago

thanks Stern nice job! Keep up the work!

#149 9 years ago
Quoted from Rom:

Does anyone know how to start the HORDE wizard mode? I collected all multikill weapons and nothing happened. After the drain all multikill weapons have been reset.
Do I need to start HORDE somehow or is it not in the code yet?

I think you have to kill a crazy amount of walkers to start that. I don't know the exact number, but I think it well over a hundred

#150 9 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I think you have to kill a crazy amount of walkers to start that. I don't know the exact number, but I think it well over a hundred

Per the rules sheet on the game, you have to complete the weapon multi-kills in order to get to "Horde"

Marcus

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-code-119-is-out/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.