Topic Stats

• 196 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ChrisS
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

walkingdead-ba.jpg
tweplungerhead.jpg
twdheads.jpg
twdblade.jpg
amc blade.jpg
IMG_20141126_175859.jpg
hosed.jpg
579130_370013249748460_3393831_n.jpg
image.gif

There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I'm pretty blown away by the list and how quickly this came out relative to previous releases.

Told ya man. Wednesday release.

Now to update!!

#52 4 years ago

file size is under 80MB. I think it's more of how the USB device is formatted. FAT32 is probably the best bet.
I've used up to 32GB drives to update and all work fine.

#53 4 years ago

** update did not fix the left outlane.

lol Man that thing is huge!

#54 4 years ago

Thanks Tom and frolic

#55 4 years ago

was supposed to be ST........

#57 4 years ago

shit load of new ones, but I think its the same guy. sound pretty good though.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

shit load of new ones, but I think its the same guy. sound pretty good though.

Cool...thanks

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I used an 8GB stick ...

Ditto. Worked perfectly.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

And it worked, no problems?

Far as I know. It's playing.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No fix for the STDM magnet on the prison? That shot is bullshit.

No issues here .

Deflects to the left flipper as does the ball coming out of the pops off that ramp post sleeve.

#62 4 years ago

Some nice changes and additions. I like the new Woodbury music. One thing that I miss is the white flasher when you hit the prison zombie. For some reason, this has been removed. The left ramp/crossbow situation hasn't been addressed yet, but I'm sure this will be coming in the next update. Overall, a great update.

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

file size is under 80MB. I think it's more of how the USB device is formatted. FAT32 is probably the best bet.
I've used up to 32GB drives to update and all work fine.

Actual file size is 91 MB.

#64 4 years ago

i know it wasn't listed in the update but does anyone know if the inlane "x" multiplier works on Bicycle Girl now? It didn't before but hope that was also fixed.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

One thing that I miss is the white flasher when you hit the prison zombie. For some reason, this has been removed.

I agree, and also I have a shaker on mine and when you hit the zombie it would shake along with the flash. Hopefully they put that back in, I really liked that effect.

#66 4 years ago

Bump for those that missed the update. (Like me)

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Still waiting on new Star Trek Code.

i think we are in for a long wait... code is broken.

-------

was there suppose to be re work on the voices for twd?

..... why the thumb down QG?, it was a real question.

#68 4 years ago

Best DMD pinball animations ever, I really hope a colour DMD is released for this pin, with code. Multi Kills are blowing my mind. But I was so looking forward to dynamic lighting?

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

But I was so looking forward to dynamic lighting?

Me too. Can't wait for the game to get juiced up. We know it's coming.

The new Woodbury music is AWESOME... love it. So soft and quiet, a break from the rest of the game while you decide which shot you are going to take.

#70 4 years ago

Yeah Im not seeing the GI change at all on the LE, maybe it was broken?

There's also no way to get above a 2-way combo right now.

More to come but so far compared to Metallica at this stage in that game's life it is VASTLY improved in terms of features and overall functionality.

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

thanks .. but this is not working .. anybody ever experience this before?
i have tried multiple times and there is no display at all when i boot up with 8 turned on ..
if i turn 8 to on while the machine is on and press reboot through the update menu , the machine locks up .. if i press the white button on the board <as suggested by stern in the mustang manual i found> the machine locks up.
Seems like i need a new board. fist time trying an update on this machine .. i have others , so i do have experience.
thanks in advance for any help.

I had the same issue with my Metallica, it wound up being the Eprom( spider looking thing) having 2 off the legs not seated in.... Just pull it out and make sure all the legs are seated properly when u put it back in

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

More to come but so far compared to Metallica at this stage in that game's life it is VASTLY improved in terms of features and overall functionality.

I agree, there's more to come, but the game as it sits is fun. A friend of mine considered leaving his in the box for a while because of the frustration with MET.

#73 4 years ago

Played a handful of games on the new code, it's vastly improved and a shit ton-O-fun now !!!
DMD animations, music, more call outs, multilills modes, add a ball, man it's getting better and even more fun to play.

In crossbow mode the left ramp flap is supposed to be up , not sure why it didn't make it but will be in next update . I know some special modes are also being implemented for crossbow as well.

Fantastic update.

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from Leechman:

I agree, and also I have a shaker on mine and when you hit the zombie it would shake along with the flash. Hopefully they put that back in, I really liked that effect.

You're right. The accompanying shake is gone as well. It was nice to have the instant feedback that the flasher and the shaker provided.

#75 4 years ago

Spinners are much cooler now. Loving this.

#76 4 years ago

I had a great game on the new code, and there was so much shit going on simultaneously that I couldn't even keep track of it all. I'm not super familiar with all the modes, so that certainly didn't help. My final score was around 180 million.

I continue to be amazed by how violent the dots are. The animators did an incredible job. I noticed a new animation that I don't recall seeing before where the walkers get blasted by a fire hose.

#78 4 years ago

Yeah I've seen a few that are quite brutal and are making me very happy.

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Played a handful of games on the new code, it's vastly improved and a shit ton-O-fun now !!!
DMD animations, music, more call outs, multilills modes, add a ball, man it's getting better and even more fun to play.
In crossbow mode the left ramp flap is supposed to be up , not sure why it didn't make it but will be in next update . I know some special modes are also being implemented for crossbow as well.
Fantastic update.

Do you know what the deal is with the LED GI on the LE? Did the FX not make it into this update?

#80 4 years ago

I just updated also, game is better, multiballs seem to last very long and the balls get sent back into playfield after drain. got 120 million on second game, dmd animation is better. i am very happy with the gameplay thus far! btw crossbow does not seem to get used more will have to figure it out.

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It sure is!

Have you played the pro at Lake Alice? Not only does it drain SDTM from the magnet, but numerous SDTM drains from the pops.

#82 4 years ago

Just updated my Pro. 157M the first game played after update! Nice animations and add-a-ball. This is an addictive pin. Not many SDTM balls. I'd say one in about 15 or 20 which is not bad. Pinballs fly all over this field, it's kind of wild!

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It sure is!
Have you played the pro at Lake Alice? Not only does it drain SDTM from the magnet, but numerous SDTM drains from the pops.

Raise the right levelers then and level it.

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It sure is!

Sounds like a pitch/level problem. Any game could have that issue.

#85 4 years ago

Anyone start the 2 new multiballs yet? If so how do you do it?

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It sure is!

That's why you need your own pin Rob, problem solved

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It sure is!

yeah..TWD at Lake Alice is a fickle bitch

I put a wad of napkins under the right leveler to make it playable

#88 4 years ago

Man, I'm stuck around 55,000,000 and it seems everyone is getting way over 100mil. I've got work to do!

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Man, I'm stuck around 55,000,000 and it seems everyone is getting way over 100mil. I've got work to do!

I was stuck in that range too Coast, stack prison and well walker MB's first and you should be off to the races!

#90 4 years ago

The Woodbury Skill shot has also changed. Advancing Prison is no longer an option.

The Skill shots dots are AMAZING!! Plus the addition of the pitchfork and shotgun blasts to walker heads is outstanding.

Loving the new code so far.

I do have one complaint. The shaker motor appears to be minimized.

Hopefully it will return in the next update.

Marcus

#91 4 years ago

Oh man, coming down from an awesome game on my TWD pro!!

212+mil (which is miraculous for me, since I suck at playing ) at the end. Started all multi kills; 28 mil SJP twice in Prison MB; stacked Bloodbath MB with Wellverine MB and went nuts; triple stacked the crossbow cash in; and started Siege and blew the doors off the prison/tower before I drained out.

TWD was far from love at first play for me. Played it on site at Hi-life here in Oakland and thought it played WAYYYYY too brutal, but I could see potential with how everything was layed out. So that, combined with the fact that I take too many risks, I sold my STprem and got a TWD pro, since I figured in a home environment it would be a better experience. Thank god I took that gamble, because it's turned out good so far.

Most of my concerns for this game have pretty much been addressed and worked out.

-Too many shots lead to the pops: I'm fine with this since there's a nice valueable pops JP, as well as on a pro the pops are a great way to get switch hits for the Wellverine MB. They're also the only time I get to have a "breather" since there's no scoop to slow the game down.

-Theme integration: I was really tripping about the fact that I Didn't think the game would bring me into the theme very well, what with the comic hillbilly callouts and the fact that other than the cab artwork it has a very "generic zombie game" feel to it. But after spending time and getting to understand the rules and the code, it is really drawing me in to the theme with how it plays. Without any scoop or many ways to stop ball travel aside from traps on the fly, the game feels very frantic, which makes sense with the theme, I feel like I'm fighting to survive and keep the ball in play and trap it effectively. And Lyman has put a LOT of split/quick decisions in the code for the player to make, adding to the panic and hyper-vigilant multitasking. If you accidentally activate the shot multiplier from the lane, which shot is the most bang for the buck at that moment? Do you risk it to stack First Aid completions for permanent score boosts, or Weapons completions to stack Crossbow mode, or just go for Bloodbath and get a multikill mode and add-a-ball? So many ways to approach this game dependent union your current multipliers/multikill/prison/Drop bank/Wellverine status. Reminds me of a lot of the decisions in ACDC. All this really makes me feel like I'm trying to survive while making some tough split second decisions.

-SDTM drains from pops exit: doesn't really happen to me often. Maybe once every 20 balls....but that's gravity for you...this is supposed to be an on-site money making machine, lol. Doesn't happen enough to bother me at all. Although, I will say that while playing it on location, it was happening WAY more than it is in my home....maybe it's a leveling thing?

-SDTM drains from prison mag: okay, this one happens a little more often and is pretty sucky....hopefully code will add an extra jolt to either side right before letting go, so I can at least have a chance of nudging it.

-Crappy call-outs: call outs are pretty dumb, BUT the gameplay is so frantic that I usually don't even notice them anymore....I pay more attention to the awesome music/sound effects/dots package and rarely get taken out of the experience anymore by the hillbilly callouts.

Overall, big thumbs up from me. Now understandably this game isn't for everyone, and I don't expect it to be....especially given my less than stellar first impression of the game, I can see how it can not be someone's cup of tea. But it works for me, it scratches that itch for me that I'm missing in my current lineup.

Of course, always the caveat of "check back with me in a year", since I'm still in the honeymoon phase of both the game and the new code, but I have a feeling this one will keep me engaged for a while

#92 4 years ago

Anybody notice zombie sounds (moans/groans) in this or previous updates?

Only played it once at Expo and couldn't really hear anything.

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No documented fix on this. But I played a bit tonight after the update and the problem seems solved at least for me. Before the update, it had the SDTM issue intermittently. Now it seems to always pulse the magnet twice moving the ball a bit off center.

This update is really good. I still don't understand all the rules, but things were starting to really come together now. I scored 150mil my first game after the update. Was the most fun I've had with TWD so far.

#94 4 years ago

I wish there was a walker kill champion in the scoring, or even a top 3. I would like to keep track of that and it would bea a fun side competition. I think my high is somewhere in the mid 30's or low 40's...not sure.

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

No documented fix on this. But I played a bit tonight after the update and the problem seems solved at least for me. Before the update, it had the SDTM issue intermittently. Now it seems to always pulse the magnet twice moving the ball a bit off center.

Nice. Here's hoping that's it then. Anyone else see that?

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

TWD was far from love at first play for me. Played it on site at Hi-life here in Oakland and thought it played WAYYYYY too brutal, but I could see potential with how everything was layed out.

TJ has tweaked that machine to be very fair for the casual route player...I have followed his lead and done the same to mine on route; it makes the game much more enjoyable...before that, I also thought it was really brutal.

I updated to 1.19 tonight, and enjoyed it that much more.

-Mark

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I dunno, I've played multiple Pros, at Expo and the launch party down here in SoCal, and all of them do the same thing. Big percent of the time the magnet grabs the ball, and then just releases it straight down the middle. Drain, and ain't shit you can do. Karl knows how to set up games for a tournament too, so no way they weren't level or anything.
Furthermore I've heard lots of people bitch about it. But hey, if it's not an issue for anyone in this thread then great, glad to hear it. I found it a big turnoff and assume Lyman would whip the ball around with the magnet more like Sparky in the next update.

All they need to do is add a 2 second ball save. This issue is SO annoying, especially on location!!!!

#98 4 years ago

Uploading right now...

Hooray for having the next few days off!

#99 4 years ago

I updated earlier WHOOOOHOOOO!!!

Added a Woodbury sign and the roof above the Prison doors while the update seemed to take forever.

IMG_20141126_175859.jpg

Never had a pin before and was nervous but the update went with little drama. First thing I noticed was the DMD is a LOT busier now. Love the skillshot graphics. Seems sometimes the shot gun just blows off half the walkers face and other times the whole head disintegrates in a bloody poof from the neck up.

On the SDTM issue: Doesn't happen hardly at all on my LE and when it does, nudge. Pretty much always can be nicked with the left flipper with out a nudge (and I'm level). I didn't think this toy could get much better with just software as I didn't have any expectations being a newb to the hobby, but I was wrong. ...And everyone keeps saying there should be software to come? Nice.

Very happy that I own this pin. It puts on quite the extravagant show. Can't wait to see what the Stern blades look like close up. Anyone have any hi-res pics of them yet? And that Stern game active topper, will be so Sweeeeeet!

#100 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Nice. Here's hoping that's it then. Anyone else see that?

I just played several games with the new code, and the prison magnet was much more active. I didn't encounter the SDTM issue at all.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Roswell, GA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside