IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yipykya.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#93 9 years ago

It happens...

LostBall.jpgLostBall.jpg

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_erie:

Why yes it does

image.jpg 142 KB

I laughed. Now we need the caught under the ramp pic.

6 months later
#352 8 years ago
Quoted from gashog301:

Anyone have a issue with F7 fuse blown?

Yes, replace with a "slow blow." Hasn't happened since.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-well-walker-prison-magnets-stopped-working

#353 8 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

So which game really has the best looks?
Pro, Premium or LE?

I always liked the LE with the Stern accessories and some added chainsStern art panels bloody armor walker pull head.jpgStern art panels bloody armor walker pull head.jpg

2 months later
#576 8 years ago

I installed the Mezel bow (nice) and was left with a bow that didn't operate correctly. After lubricating the bow metal parts with white lithium grease like you would use on garage door rollers everything is smooth as butter now, no hang ups, no issues.

Hope that can help anyone with hangups with the swing out mechanism.

1 month later
#964 8 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Hey guys, just got my TWD premium yesterday. I'm working through all the little fixes that were mentioned in another thread. I noticed a lot of connectors that must have come undone during transportation. One of my issues that I was hoping one of you guys could shed some light on is related to the crossbow.
So, I've noticed that every game, all game, the crossbow and fish tank lights are blinking. Also, every time I shoot the right ramp it loads the crossbow then automatically shoots it onto the playfield. The ball never returns to the left inlane always the crossbow. Have any of you guys had this issue?

Switch # 52. Remove the glass and apron. Rotate the cross bow mechanism out of the way. Use needle nose pliers and bend the metal switch trigger so it shows activated on the DMD screen during switch test when the ball is loaded in the crossbow mech. You need to bend so the metal trigger is in the ball path and stays active on the DMD during switch test when the ball is loaded and the cb mech is in the resting position. Should only take a few minutes to adjust properly.

#966 8 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

It doesn't seem like that would cause the ball to never return to the inlane.

The magnet will always pull the ball over to the crossbow mech and self shoot automatically if switch 52 is not operating properly when the crossbow light on the right ramp is active. Does the ball divert to the crossbow when the crossbow light on the right ramp is not on? If so, it is something else.

If the crossbow and fish tank lights are blinking throughout your entire game it may very well be likely something else like a loose connection. Those lights should shine solid with the exception of attract mode I believe.

#969 8 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Yes exactly, the ball diverts to the crossbow even when the light is not on but those lights do stay on most of the time.

Hold a metal spoon or something next to the magnet and hit the right ramp when the right crossbow light is not on. If the magnet is not at fault pulsing when it shouldn't be and the ball is still diverting to the crossbow then I'd say you need to loosen the screws on the left inlane ramp and move it around while testing with a ball. There is a sweet spot. When I first received my twd I had to do this.

#974 8 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

You nailed it, that worked! I needed to readjust the ramp apparently.

Glad to hear it. Congratulations on your new game.

3 weeks later
#1021 8 years ago

I wondered the same. Nov 4th 2014 LE build. No lighting issues.

2 weeks later
#1089 8 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Never had any issues with the BG ramp...but the tunnel to arena combo shot is blistering fast and causes some air balls. Here's a shot of one of them.
image.jpeg

Noticed it looks like you have clear protection placed over your well walker magnet. Are those dimples in the steel underneath it? You must be rocking that pin!

#1093 8 years ago

All those "design flaws" can easily be overcome with the exception of the left arm of the ww blocking a couple inserts. That - you have to remember to peer around him and keep track. It's just part of the pin's charm.

In a home environment it's what you do. You fiddle. Read the mod threads, it's all there. If you don't address those things your missing out on a nice pin being a greater experience.

Feedback sounds - good point. So much of this pin I take for granted when it's really little details that are there but you get use to them. After playing other pins you notice and you realize you've been spoiled, for lack of a better term.

1 month later
#1284 8 years ago

I installed the mezel crossbow mod and it works and looks great. Only thing I had to do after was lightly grease the bow mechanism with white lithium grease so it operated smoothly again but that doesn't have anything to do with the mod.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 weeks later
#1606 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

is someone confirmed to be working on it?

This was from a year ago. Wonder what's happening.

Quoted from DevilsTuner:

To those that asked. I am coloring this game for smartdmd.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-is-addictive/page/13#post-2474629

1 week later
#1848 8 years ago
Quoted from Humph:

Question for TWD LE owners --
Does TWD LE come with both left & right playfield support brackets underneath?
My machine (I'm the 2nd owner) has only the left bracket & am wondering if I should get a bracket for the right side to prevent the playfield from twisting when it's propped.

Perhaps at one time one of the previous owners had an oversized woofer installed. Maybe it still is? Only reason I can think of to remove one of the brackets which proved to be in the way in such instances.

1 week later
#2031 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I just want the game back together and working at this point.

If you end up disassembling again for corrective measures - before you reassemble, maybe run a dremel with a sandpaper drum across the end of your BG ramp where it meets the playfield.

I did this a year ago.
No Stern fix needed.
No cliffy needed. (edit: actually a cliffy is a good idea to prevent playfield wear underneath)
No foam needed.

Haven't thought about this issue since, as it solves the issue handily. No rejected balls - ramp works smoothly. My ramp "floats" from side to side without restriction and that has never seemed to impair the path of the ball going up the ramp.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twdlebg-girl-ramp-damaging-playfield#post-2089994

3 weeks later
#2268 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Anyone else having their crossbow button not registering the first time you hit the fire button? I have noticed mine definitely does not register the first time I push the button. I'm thinking it is just needing an adjustment of the leaf switch, but wanted to ask before I go prying all around in there.
Thanks!

Same here. Started with last code update. Nothing else on mine changed other than a burning barn addition.

2 months later
#2886 7 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

question for premium owners that have also played the pro version... I have TWD:Premium, and I have a hard time following the ball on the playfield. I am guessing its all of the RED LED's vs. all white on the pro. is there some sort of setting or change I can make to the pin that will brighten the playfield up a bit? I find it especially challenging when its in DIM mode at points when you are shooting particular shots.
just wondering... thanks.

Don't change a thing. The "hard time your having following the ball on the playfield" is part of the battle. Stock premium/le lighting is all part of the extra bit of immersion and I have always believed it's like that purposley to confound you and mess with you. Makes for a much better experience for survival difficulty over the pro lighting. It's a bitch ...but I wouldn't change the effect for anything.

1 month later
#3186 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Besides the fish tank and lighting what other asthetics does the premium have?

Don't discount the LE model, for general badassedness...

25eb65afa2aa4f3a78d67d6bd738e241713ffdba_(resized).jpg25eb65afa2aa4f3a78d67d6bd738e241713ffdba_(resized).jpg

4 months later
#3817 7 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

My crossbow motor sometimes hesitates. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

If it's a physical issue try a little white lithium grease where it slides out of the metal crossbow mech. I found some I use for my garage door rollers and it solved a similar issue I had a long time ago.

#3822 7 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I'm going to take the apron off and have a look when I get home from work. Can you tell me specifically where you added grease? You said "where it slides out." What is "it"? Thanks.

I'm talking about the metal mechanism where the crossbow swings out of and folds back into after the crossbow shot is made. If the physical mechanics of the mechanism aren't operating freely, try greasing it to facilitate its movement.

#3829 7 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I don't know why I was so skeptical at first. I added a little lithium grease and it seems to have done the trick. I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks!

Haha ...some times it's the simplest things.

1 month later
#3998 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Lucky!
Anyone have their magnets both stop working? If so what was the fix?

F7 in the back box. You must use a Slow Blow fuse or it will blow again.

4fb8fd5b583ad741ee0bb0b9ae5c28ad7149f8e3 (resized).jpg4fb8fd5b583ad741ee0bb0b9ae5c28ad7149f8e3 (resized).jpg

4 months later
#4665 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think the blood armor looks awful, but that's just me. Looks way out of place and tacky.

I think the blood armor matches the theme very well and looks good!

25eb65afa2aa4f3a78d67d6bd738e241713ffdba (resized).jpg25eb65afa2aa4f3a78d67d6bd738e241713ffdba (resized).jpg

#4667 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah especially on the LE I don't like it. The stock armor is amazing!!

3 years later
#9784 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Does anyone know if Stern sells a Headphone Jack for TWD? I know they sell them for Spike 1 & 2 systems, but have seen them for Sam...
Curious what my options are for this machine.

I put this headphone kit in my TWD coin door years ago:

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/pages/coin-door-type

Selection "E" on the linked page

Pinnovators pinpac 2 Mac headphone kit
Coin_Door_E_480x480 (resized).jpgCoin_Door_E_480x480 (resized).jpg

It allows you to control master external volume without having to open the coin door
There's a mute rocker switch to shut off external main sound when you want headphone use only
And a volume control knob for the headphone output

Direct Purchase link:

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/the-walking-dead-pro/products/pinpac2-mac_sam-headphone-kit-for-stern-sam-systems

1 month later
#9858 3 years ago

Ran across some old pics of mine...

25eb65afa2aa4f3a78d67d6bd738e241713ffdba (resized).jpg25eb65afa2aa4f3a78d67d6bd738e241713ffdba (resized).jpg37d48b1b477598b92fae345475381b28c34ea13d (resized).jpg37d48b1b477598b92fae345475381b28c34ea13d (resized).jpga52d76ba6549223dbeca729b08febe5672603ba5 (resized).jpga52d76ba6549223dbeca729b08febe5672603ba5 (resized).jpgb01f1dd4a57dc51a3cb277be5a3eb456639e259b (resized).jpgb01f1dd4a57dc51a3cb277be5a3eb456639e259b (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yipykya.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=yipykya and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.