Topic Stats

• 8,551 posts
  • 568 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 201 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,451 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMGA0114 (resized).JPG
IMG_4039 (resized).JPG
TWD art blades (resized).jpg
e grass (resized).jpg
zomheads (resized).jpg
s-l1600[2] (resized).jpg
twd pf (resized).jpg
2bcea80b978cd5536caec2e5853a5665c15c2bb6 (resized).jpg
IMGA0106 (resized).JPG
IMGA0103 (resized).JPG
IMGA0105 (resized).JPG
IMGA0104 (resized).JPG
IMGA0098 (resized).JPG
IMGA0101 (resized).JPG
AF54D1D5-3B2F-4A57-B02F-1914AF1DBBC8 (resized).jpeg
twd trmp pst (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (4 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (4 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (4 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (3 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wtuttle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3390 3 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

TWD Premiums are in production now. JJ at Game Exchange just got some in (one of which has my name on it). I e-mailed Patrick Powers at Stern a to ask if these new TWD Premiums should be worry-free in regards to the playfields and have yet to hear back.
Has anyone gotten one yet from this new run?

I just received a TWD Premium last week from Shelley Sax at Stern. It says it was built on September 1, 2016. I daresay it is 'box-fresh'!

#3395 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

How is the playfield, and what date is stamped on it?

Playfield is stamped April 25, 2016. It seems great to me, but I am no expert (see below).

Slightly Off-Topic:

I am having my first 'major' tech issue on my first ever pin. Basically, when I go to plunge a ball, about once in five times it registers a walker as killed. The Well-Walker seems to get randomly hit. I've raised the playfield but literally don't know what the hell I'm looking for. Any suggestions? Apologies for being a Noob.

#3408 3 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Any updates on how the PF is looking?

Playfield is great.
I just can't figure out how to adjust the switch on the well-walker so it doesn't register phantom hits. Kind of frustrating--my best buddy is coming in from out of town just to play this today!

#3412 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The switch should be similar to the one pictured below. You need to slightly bend the metal actuator arm so that the switch stays closed when the well walker is in its resting position.
Edit: Looks like YeOldPinPlayer beat me to the punch.

Thank you!
Seeing the picture was most helpful!
I am now hoping my mechanically-minded fiancee can make the adjustment.

#3414 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I just fixed the same issue on mine and would like to suggest an alternate solution.
Opposite that switch is a spring. That spring secures the Well Walker. If it were strong enough, you'd never register any hits. If it's removed completely, or if it's too weak, even light movements, like nudging the pin can cause a phantom hit.
Before you mess around with the switch, try replacing the spring. It's far easier to replace than the switch is because it doesn't require soldering.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you, that is a better solution I think.

3 weeks later
#3545 3 years ago

All this talk of Shaker motors has got me, uh, revved-up to buy one. But they are out at Marco's!
I assume it is the Stern SAM system one I should buy, for $150, correct?
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-5027-00

1 week later
#3595 3 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Is anyone working on updating the code with callouts from Negan?

SEASON 7 SPOILER ALERT--Do not read if you've not seen episode 1 (if you watch the show):

Negan's whistle is in the "non-Milhouse" code (I forget the name of the gentleman who made it). Rest assured, it's wonderful.
Best callout idea I've heard on here is the "Pourin' the Bisquick" line from the now dearly departed Abraham.

#3608 3 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

THANK YOU for the spoiler alert. I DVR'ed the show but was trying not to hear anything until I could watch it. Then I stumble in here without thinking... you could have spoiled it for me dude! But you didn't... I physically looked away when I saw you post title

It was a rough episode; not one they'd gain new viewers from.

That said, I think the longer the show is in production, the more interest there will be in the pin. I liked the show first, then the pin, so I am happy with my Premium.

Cheers,

Winston.

2 weeks later
#3694 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Got a premium one of these on order just wondering if anyone has seen anything with ghosting or other play field issues that GB/MET/SMVE have seen?

These playfields are good by all accounts.
My build date is September 1, 2016 and mine is golden.

Enjoy your Premium. I am enjoying mine thoroughly, as is the fiancee.

-Winston.

#3695 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I recently acquired a TWD Premium. I had played the Pro with early code when the game first came out and I wasn't too impressed with it. My friends encouraged me to give it another chance and I'm glad I did. This game has come a long way and I would now consider it to be one of Stern's best.

What kind of a Ghostbusters is that next to your TWD Premium? Looks awesome.

Also, I like your taste in games--the morose hits are all in your collection!

Cheers from Canada.

-Winston.

#3706 2 years ago

I think you've just infected me.

1 month later
#3907 2 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I've been working on a TWD speaker magnet.

Looks good, Billy-boy.

#3922 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Dang dude that is one hell of a game, especially on a Pro model with no cheater bombs! I've only got like 351 million and have never seen LMS and probably never will. When I got my 351 million I felt like I had been in a fight after I had finished, I can only imagine what you felt like. I'd have to call 911 after a 2 billion plus game lol.

I feel the exact same way. I own a Premium, and my best game is 325 million. I was saved by a Walker/Cheater bomb that led to a Prison multiball. The 'fighter' aspect you mention I totally understand. I had my fiancee watching, and before I plunged the first ball, in quasi-Babe Ruth-fashion, I said "I'm resetting Grand Champ this game". Did it. To be fair, I say that about half the time I play.

1 week later
#3976 2 years ago

Anyone ever have issues with their drop targets staying down during play? What's the fix? This is my only pin, and I must confess I am not familiar with maintenance beyond changing fuses and waxing the playfield!

#3978 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Do the attempt to reset and fall back down or just no movement at all?

No movement at all. When a new ball starts, they come up. Seems to happen about once ever five games or so. Mostly when my fiancee is playing, so she natters at me...and uses this to justify her score if she falls short to me in a head-to-head match-up!

#4010 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

If you look closely at the backglass, you can just make out where Norman Reedus signed it at the bottom. His handwriting is just about impossible to read. It says "Slay better! Norman Reedus"

Awesome.
Where did you get the alternate backglass? I really like it.

#4016 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I can't remember their name, but I think that they are in the U.K. Do you have an L.E?

I have a Premium.
I'd make that trade you propose if I was in a position to honour my end of the bargain!

Cheers from Canada,

Winston.

#4035 2 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Came across these on ebay

You mean you don't want to pay $90 for the 'glowing' mod someone is selling?!

1 week later
#4072 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Awesome video of Lyman talking about all aspects of TWD from rules, his ideas while doing the code and how he plays TWD, oh and he plays the hell out of it, pretty cool, check it out:
» YouTube video

This video is most helpful. Slightly awkward though--the two guys clearly don't know each other too well. Not a big deal.

1 month later
#4354 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Update.
F7 blown!
So, if magnets don't seem to be working check this fuse.
Slow blow 4A to replace.

This will likely happen once (mine did), and then you'll be fine once you replace. That's how mine went. Made me nervous though as this is my first (and only) pin.

#4382 2 years ago

I am getting depressed. My drop targets are getting less reliable. They either fire pre-maturely (happens to the best!) or they get hit and go down legitimately, but don't come back up. Any drop-target experts out there? I called 'Chaz' from Stern, but he wasn't super helpful, unfortunately.

2 weeks later
#4450 2 years ago
Quoted from TheWombat2430:

For the last few months I've been sacrificing and saving. The waiting is almost over!!!! I will likely join the club within the next month or so!!! Going to get the premium for sure, just deciding on what mods to get done upon purchase. Potentially buying through Melissa at CoinTaker. She seems very straight forward and has been extremely helpful thus far. Who else has some ideas for mods? Right now I'm thinking Shaker, Pop bumper mod, tower mod, survivors inside mod for the prison. I know I will need Bicycle Girl light mod but cointaker has been sold out of those for awhile. Any other suggestions guys?!?! I can't wait to have it home!!! I've only played the pro and my high score in limited play on that was 97mil.

Glad to hear you're so pumped. Your enthusiasm is contagious. You're going to enjoy your TWD Premium. I would just enjoy it and figure out mods later.

Cheers from Canada.

2 months later
#4771 2 years ago

Hi All,

I am sad. I was installing Gnassel's mod last night (it's great), but when I put the playfield down, I found I'm a victim of the ball trough issue where two balls get fired into the shooter lane. I see no burrs in the trough and the balls aren't magnetized.
So that leaves some sort of "opto sensor" issue. I've never seen a full explanation of how to test/remedy this. Any ideas? I am sad because my brother is driving 800 miles to come check out my TWD Premium this weekend and now it's unplayable!

#4778 2 years ago

Thanks very much. I hope I don't have to go the soldering route! If I can find where to plug & un-plug (or "re-seat" in Pinspeak), I think that is my best chance at a self-repair.

#4781 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

When i posted that link i thought there was only optos in trough.
First thing id do is take all the balls out and turn game on and add each ball one at a time and see if the game reconizes each ball. If it doesnt reconize one of the balls then one of your rollover switches either needs adjusted or a wire came loose probably.
there is a opto for the ball getting ready to be kicked up by vuk. has 2 plugs one on each side of trough id start there for resetting plugs.

Hi,

I'm afraid you're right--it thinks there is a ball in trough slot #18, all of the time. So I have a connector or wire issue there. I'm not sure where to start, but I will try those two plugs. They are super hard to disconnect!

Thanks so much for your help, PhBooms. At this point, I'm 50% hopeful I might get to play some serious pinball with my brother this weekend. It would mean a lot to our relationship.

3 months later
#5247 2 years ago

Hi All,

I have about 4,000 plays on my Premium. I think my first light bulb/opto has burnt out. It's the right one on the Prison--no hits will register with this out. I've combed through the Stern guide to see what part I need to order, but for the life of me, can't find a thing. Perhaps I do not know what to look for.
Any thoughts?

Thanks as always and Happy Thanksgiving to those Canadians on here who celebrate it 'early'!

-Winston.

#5249 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Buy a few, careful when installing, easy to drop small screws.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1210

Thanks very much RandomKG. Parts ordered.
Hope to play your TWD on location one day.

1 week later
#5301 2 years ago

Random KG was good enough to show me what parts to order for the Prison opto replacement. They've now arrived from Pinball Life. Is there a tutorial on how to switch this part out? I've Googled, to no avail.
As you can tell, I am not a mech/tech guy...this is my first pin.

Cheers from Canada,

Winston.

1 week later
#5336 2 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

I know this isn't going to happen, but I think it would be cool for stern to do a re-release of TWD based on the comic book art.

I think it's a great idea. Would be very cool if it happened. Never say never!

1 month later
#5729 1 year ago

Got a sweet gift from my wife for Christmas - - the zombie head plunger from Marco's. It's smooth to the touch, unlike others I've felt.
Nothing like a pricey mod to remind a fella he married the right lady!

IMG_20171227_1817078 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#5932 1 year ago

Anyone ever have this happen? Well-walker multiball, and four balls eject. Also had a Prison multiball this week where there were only two balls--my plunger kept trying to eject a third ball, but there was nothing there. I did the ball trough test and had no issues.

I'm worried this is a board thing that is beyond me. I have a Premium with about 5,000 games on it.

Thanks for any thoughts you might have. Cheers from Canada.

-Winston.

#5940 1 year ago

Thanks to everyone for the help--it's definitely the Titan SuperShiny balls I installed last week
I had no idea...thanks again. Glad I kept the regular ones!

1 week later
#5968 1 year ago

Hi Everyone,

I have what I think it a switch issue, but I can't figure out which one. Every time my game fires a ball from the trough into the shooter lane, I get 300,000 points and the DMD says "Spinners are lit".

Any ideas?

As always, thanks for your collective genius.

Cheers from Canada,

Winston.

#5972 1 year ago

Thanks davidpinballwizz, I'll give that a try.

#5993 1 year ago

Hi All,

On my TWD Premium, the lone drop-target for the Woodbury shot is struggling. It goes down and the machine sends pulses to bring it back up, but it doesn't come up reliably anymore. Is this a coil issue? I'm not sure how to proceed. Doesn't look like one can do too much to fix this, aside from replace the coil and re-soldier everything...which I've never done!

Looks like I might be about to learn something new...anyone know what parts to order to fix this?

Cheers,

Winston.

1 week later
#5999 1 year ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

In test mode is it struggling to come up or is it coming up and not staying up? If it's coming up and not staying up then gweempose hit the nail on the head. You're going to find a broken plastic piece that's keeping it from staying up. Easy fix and cheap. If it's struggling to come up at all then you're going to have a problem with a coil, sleeve, connector, or electrical related.
Junky

Thanks for the tips, gents. Plastic ledge is intact...so I am looking at connections. Everything seems fine to the naked eye. Comes up and down perfect in test mode. Just doesn't play well. Beginners wouldn't Notice this, but my wife and I do. Anyhow, I'll keep plugging away.

#6002 1 year ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Then I would suspect the switch. Mechanically probably ok but the switch that sees it's in the up or down position will probably be bad.

Now I just have to find where that switch is!

Thanks in any event--Belgium is my favourite country for what it's worth. Was in Brussels in 2004 and dating a girl long-distance, and an awesome guy gave me 7 euros to call her on a pay-phone at 3am.

Cheers,

Winston

#6023 1 year ago

Question for those who've replaced light bulbs for the 'warm' white: how did you access some of the harder to access bulbs? I have got the 'low-hanging fruit' (slings, flippers), but the other lights seem really hard to reach. Are any of you accessing the fixture from under the playfield?

In other news, the 'new' strategy of bashing Prison during MB and having Blood Bath going led me to my biggest game tonight. Kind of sad that this is the best I've ever done. 65 walkers killed, all Multi-Kill lights lit, but no Horde. No idea why. Fun game in any event.

IMG_20180225_0025490 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#6359 1 year ago

I don't understand this mod. Is it like a plug for the outlines, like in bowling? If so, that is insane to me that people would buy a Pinball machine only to artificially do better. Call me crazy.

PS: I love Belgium. Phenomenal country. Some of my best travel has been there. My comment is not directed at you, but maybe Yoyokopter for inventing and marketing a garbage mod (if it is what I think it is).

#6370 1 year ago

Bought a Color DMD (LCD) at YegPin yesterday. Had it installed in an hour thanks to my wife being better at reading/following instructions than I.
Game changing mod. Now, if I could just get my shaker motor and Gnassel mod working, I'd be all set!

Cheers from Canada,

Winston.

2 weeks later
#6469 1 year ago

My best game ever. Have owned since Sept. 2016. Kind of embarrassing that I've not hit a billion yet...made the extra ball at the 60 walkers, which was fun. Enjoyed this game. Played Horde for only the 3rd time but only scored 18 million in it.

Had a premonition come over me as I stood over the pin that it was about to be a gooder. That ever happen to anyone?

IMG_20180523_1413301 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180523_1413140 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#6517 1 year ago

Raw deal.

1 month later
#6742 1 year ago

Question for anyone with an LE or Premium: do balls ever fall out of your crossbow? Mine had worked perfect for two years, but now balls are falling out of the left part of the crossbow and draining. Renders the game rather unplayable. I feel like a part fell off my crossbow, but I've raised the playfield and don't see any shrapnel.

Any thoughts?

Cheers from Canada,

Winston.

2 months later
#6947 1 year ago

Just wondering: has anyone installed a Lexan playfield protector on their TWD? Wondering how long it took you. I am scared to remove the plastics for fear I won't get my game working again...

Cheers from Canada,

Winston.

1 month later
#7089 1 year ago
Quoted from itshowtime:

well walker micro switch is not working that good on my game ...good anyone tell me the exact one i need to order from pinball life

Before ordering, try "forming" (bending) it back into place to stay 'closed'.

Mine periodically acts up as well.

1 week later
#7097 1 year ago
Quoted from jorant:

So why on earth is this not higher rated? It's like I'm going crazy here, this game seems way under rated. Is it because it's so difficult?

Good question. "Too hard" is an asset in my opinion. I've owned since September 2016 and have not gotten close to "Last Man Standing”. A true Wizard mode.

My best guess? The Pro and Premium/LE play so differently it is tough to get consensus on. Also, the ratings on the show tanking do not help. Hope it gets rejuvenated with the new season.

1 week later
#7138 1 year ago

Just wanted to give a shout-out to my wife...who figured out how to re-build flippers on our TWD Premium by watching a video and looking at the flippers. Glad I married someone mechanically inclined!

#7143 12 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

So really enjoying the premium but I wish I could have the left ramp not move not bc it's an issue hurting it but I prefer not having to bash another toy vs hitting the ramp for credit. I like a lot of the premium add on.
For those guys that replaced Prem with pro left ramp how did you do that and does the software work to get that ramp for it to work?

I don't think that the replacement is possible. You need a mobile ramp to go up and down due to the Walker head under the ramp.

3 weeks later
#7282 11 months ago
Quoted from jorant:

I'm having an occasional problem with my Woodbury drop target. Sometimes when the ball is plunged into the shooter lane, that drop target falls by itself. Has anyone had this same issue? It seems very secure on the ledge that the drop target sits upon... is it possible the mini coil is activating when the shooter lane coil activates, or is it just a case of vibrations making it drop?

Funny, I am also having this problem, along with an over-active Well-Walker. That micro-switch has been super problematic on my machine. I played a 'normal' one on location and now I can't bear to play my machine until I get this fixed. But I am not a mech/tech guy. Anyone know if the two are on the same 'line'? Not sure if I even phrased that correct.

Great game when it works!

4 weeks later
#7400 10 months ago

Anyone with an LE or Premium have any issues with the right drop target switch/coil firing randomly? I kept getting 300,000 'phantoms' points, so I had to disable it to stay sane...sucks when the game doesn't play the way it's meant to. Any idea on what to check? I don't know where to start...

Cheers,

Winston.

2 months later
#7605 8 months ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

My Well Walker started registering phantom hits, is it time to replace the switch or is there an easy adjustment I can make?

Major flaw with this game. I've had the same issue, as have many others here. The general suggestion seems to be to "form" (ie: bend") the switch to a more 'closed' position.

I do this and sometimes it works...for awhile.

The main problem is one of design: they didn't leave enough room to adjust this piece very easily. It could have been designed to allow for more more 'wiggle room'. That said, I'm not an expert or mechanically inclined, these are just from hours spent frustrated with this piece.

Cheers from Edmonton,

Winston

#7606 8 months ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

My Well Walker started registering phantom hits, is it time to replace the switch or is there an easy adjustment I can make?

PS: try to avoid replacing the switch at all costs--it will cost you $60 to ship a $5 part from Marco's.

Your switch isn't broken, it is just too sensitive.

2 months later
#7833 6 months ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Thanks, but I already tried that to no avail. I am just going to order the part and see if that is an easy fix I just don’t know what the part number is?

I think your switch needs to be adjusted closed, not farther open.
The part is listed in the manual. It's just a micro-switch. Available from Marco's. Shipping to Canada is crazy though. $5 part will wind up costing you $50 CAD. Try to adjust your switch again.

1 week later
#7857 5 months ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I have looked through the manual repeatedly, I have asked my fellow pinsiders, I have emailed Marcos and a couple other pinball sources to see which switch I need to order to replace the micro switch under the Well Walker. I guess since no one wants to help me, I should ask, what question should I ask and where should I ask it so I can fix my $11,000 machine. Like fuck, is it that difficult to help someone out. I have a hard time thinking no one else has ever ordered this part before. And then for everyone who checks this thread to just skim through my post and not a single answer? I have never been this frustrated trying to fix such a simple problem. Please don’t reply back trying to tell me how to fix the fucking switch, it is broken, and I need a new one.

Unless you provide photographic evidence, I daresay your switch just needs adjusting. Many of us have weighed-in to assist with this. Mine hasn't been perfect over the past three years, but the last six months have been good.

I also had an issue where Pinside didn't come to the rescue, but that's okay. It happens. I agree with the fellow who said people nudge in the right direction.

It's a micro switch. If you order one, order ten, and split the shipping cost around accordingly. I'll buy two from you.

Cheers from Edmonton,

Winston.

3 weeks later
#7921 4 months ago

Anyone hazard a guess at how the many TWD machines were made? I feel like there must be 7,500 of all three models out there.

#7924 4 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

My best guess would be less than 2500 world wide. That is inclusive of pro premium and LE.

That is not very many! Interesting range we have so far: 2,500-12,500.

1 month later
#8097 3 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Question about this code.. This is audio changes only right? I dont want my colordmd that I just installed to get weird due to new animations or whatever..

Correct, just the call-outs change. DMD will remain the same.

2 months later
#8315 50 days ago
Quoted from timtim:

Was wondering if double rubbers was factory also.
Went to change it to one and the damn t-nut came out.
Well at least it's easy to get back. But think I'll leave it at 2.

Post rubber = factory.
Two on each post? I think not.

1 week later
#8364 42 days ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

Hey everyone I should be joining the club in a couple weeks with a premium and have been reading through all of the posts and mods listed. It looks like one of the big ones for the premium is the bicycle girl ramp but is there any consensus of which one is best to use? I see one from mezel mods as well as a couple from members but not sure of the difference. Thanks!

Gnassel is the one for sure.

4 weeks later
#8463 12 days ago
Quoted from Sparky:

75 Walker kills on ball one (including 2 eb's). Guess how many I ended up with...

Happens to the best. My condolences.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Houston, TX
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wtuttle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside