New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 106132)

TWD Club, only walkers not welcome !!!

By pinball_erie

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,626 posts
  • 622 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Mbecker
  • Topic is favorited by 217 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,679 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ABA3A240-889A-4853-AE98-456D70C70117 (resized).jpeg
77138973-5994-41A1-A550-DB4BC0AC530F (resized).jpeg
TWD01 (resized).jpg
1FD3E5D0-8A7C-458D-BB45-56193F332DDB (resized).jpeg
7871DA44-A7BC-48B7-B9D7-BD31F9FE6EAB (resized).jpeg
IMG_3981 (resized).JPG
IMG_7355 (resized).jpg
P1050435 (resized).jpg
P1050424 (resized).jpg
P1050428 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
44CF4DE6-2E04-44A5-AD73-8F1FD4898F81 (resized).jpeg
121730661_943546726051585_1453785484841214343_n (resized).png
twitch golf stats bg (resized).png
3641BCF7-9BEA-46C9-B6FF-64F343D3C328 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (5 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (5 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (5 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (5 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (5 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (4 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizardscastle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7806 1 year ago

Anyone think Lyman will revisit this code as he did with MET?

2 weeks later
#7840 1 year ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I have ordered the premium color blood version of this hand drawn translite. This was an amazing 3 year project that I followed closely. I can’t wait to have this artwork on my machine. Federico - the artist who created this - is only going to print as many as are ordered so they will be very limited. I understand there could be as few as only 30 so anyone thinking about this I suggest contacting him right away and order. I believe the order is going to print early next week. I am so excited to get mine! A great way to freshen up one of my favourite games!
[quoted image][quoted image]

How much did you pay.

I like supporting community artists, so definitely interested.

1 month later
#7955 1 year ago

Had my best first ball ever... 60 kills! Drained and still had two extra balls to go, and ball 2 and 3...

End the game with 75 kills!!!!!! Pinball strikes again!

#7965 1 year ago

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Had LMS lit and I bricked the Woodbury shot!

IMG_20190627_191417 (resized).jpg
#7976 1 year ago
Quoted from roar:

I don't know how heck you're supposed to even finish LMS... you need ANOTHER 115 kills once you start it!?! Unless you can light all the multikill weapons at once and start stacking kills somehow I don't know how it is possible to finish it.

I don't even care about finishing it haha! I just want to get there and see the dots.

I'll make finishing LMS my next goal... Right now I just have to get it started!

After getting to 115 and missing, I think I need a few weeks away from pinball, or at least this game!

1 week later
#8011 1 year ago
Quoted from Sutol:

I'm looking at powdercoating my pro.
What you reckon?
Or an idea would be to switch the red/black so more black less red.[quoted image][quoted image]

Been thinking the same. If you end up doing it please be sure to post photos.

1 week later
#8027 1 year ago

Getting prepared to do a pf swap soon and wanted to get some direction before I dig into it.

I did a Spike 2 swap recently with a friend,cand that was super easy.

Trying to get an idea as to how many connectors roughly are coming off the boards in the blackbox, and how many from under the pf?

Also, what's the best way to get the pf out? Should I take it out before removing any connections?

Thanks

3 weeks later
#8141 1 year ago

First ball played, I get 65 kills.

Drain, and still have two EBs, plus 2 balls.

I'm feeling like this might be my LMS game!!! Then... drain, drain, drain!!!

Haha! End game with 85 kills. Pulse racing, hands shaking! What an intense game!

#8147 1 year ago
Quoted from embryon:

Yesterday I had 115 kills, lms lit, hit the Woodbury target twice and it didn't stay down. Lms lit for two balls and I couldn't start it lol

I got to 115 recently as well, and missed the shot.

It hurt so deep haha.

2 weeks later
#8200 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I managed to get to 94 kills last month. I got to 90 and was so excited that I was that close to LMS, then I botched it, drained a couple of balls, and it was game over. I made it that far by managing to string together several Multi-Kills which were constantly running pretty much my whole game and through Well Walker, Prison, and Blood Bath multiballs. With the lit Multi-Kill shots you get 2 walker kills at once, so I must've hit a lot of those shots during the multiballs.

I hit 115 last month and missed the final shot to start LMS! That's my worst pinball moment, right beside being one shot away from getting to Valinor and draining.

The goal is to try to get Bloodbath going, and to combine it with other MBs. It's definitely much easier said then done, but I think I had to start 2 or maybe 3 Bloodbaths in order to get to 115.

Since then, I'm lucky if I get to 50!

1 month later
#8333 1 year ago

I've had such a strange relationship with this game. Every couple of months I get frustrated at its brutality, and I tell my wife or anyone else who pretends to care that I'm going to sell this piece of s#!t!!!!

Then I have a game and get so so so so so close to that 115 mark, where my hands are shaking and my heart is pounding through my chest, and I realize this game is a keeper!

We have a complicated love/hate relationship, but we're going to make it work! At least until I get to LMS

#8340 1 year ago
Quoted from roar:

I just sold mine... I miss it... it will come back one day... but it will take on a new form... in green, with a crossbow, drop target, lift ramp and extra magnet with spinners

I've considered going for a premium or LE because I like the extra layer of strategy with the bombs, bit i don't particularly like the left ramp. The Pro shoots so smooth, and it's one of my favorite shots.

It's tough, and rarely do I find a pro I would take over the higher tiers.

1 month later
#8469 1 year ago
Quoted from Sparky:

75 Walker kills on ball one (including 2 eb's). Guess how many I ended up with...

I've done that a few times and it sucks!!!

Crazy how you can have a couple of really solid balls and then completely sh*t the bed!

Still, my worst moment was getting to 115, LMS insert is flashing, and I miss that final shot

Had the exact same thing happen to be in LOTR. One last shot to make Valinor.

I didn't play pinball for a month hahaha!

1 week later
#8533 1 year ago

I've had a few close games getting to LMS, but feel like another extra ball could really make a difference.

I get my EBs from 5 and 60 kills, but I'm wondering what the next easiest EB would be?

I don't I've ever seen other EBs, although I think there are two others.

1 week later
#8594 1 year ago

Had a really good ball 2 today, and ended up at 108 kills... Ball 3 started, only 7 kills between me and LMS, and I just couldn't pull it off!

What a rush though. Starting to think this might actually be my favourite pinball machine!

3 weeks later
#8656 11 months ago

Having a strange issue. When I make the CDC ramp shot in my Pro, the ball get stuck somewhere behind the backboard. After numerous searches, it ends the ball. I start my next ball, make the CDC shot, and that ball disappears as well.

The third ball I send in knocks out two balls, but leaves one stuck.

Once I pull out the pf, all the balls roll down, so I can't see where it's getting stuck.

And because Stern cheaped out and didn't put service rails in, I can't even see behind the backboard with having someone hold it up for me.

Anyone else have this issue, or gave any idea what it might be? The ramps looked unobstructed from what I can see quickly checking it while my wife held it.

Thanks!

#8669 11 months ago
Quoted from Monk:

I’ve had this issue. The problem is a group of wires sits on the ramp in the back blocking the ball. Pull the playfield and rest the pegs on the lockdown bar area. I believe there is a bundle of wires wrapped in the black plastic in the area of the ramp behind the back board. When you put the playfield back in you have to make sure the bundle of wires doesn’t sit on top if the ramp in the back.

It was actually the plastic ramp cover flap. I removed it, added a washer to raise it a bit, and now game runs perfectly!

Quoted from roar:

I've got a set you are welcome to @WizardCastle, bought them for my TWD but never got around to installing them. May have some t-nuts and screws to go with them too some where.

You're too kind my brother!

2 weeks later
#8698 11 months ago

How is it that I got 115 kills a few months ago, and now I can barely string together 40 kills! Arghhhhh pinball, I hate you sometimes!!!

3 months later
#8965 7 months ago

Holy shit!!! I did it!!!

I was just locked in, hitting all the multi-kill shots, and got to 115 for my second time ever!

Last time I was on my last ball and I drained, but this time I was still on ball 1, so had some insurance.

Even took a photo cradling the ball before I got that final shot. I did miss it 3 times and scrambled to regain control.

My hand we're trembling when I took that photo! What a rush!!!

I said I would sell the game after getting to LMS, but now I'm wanting to keep it more than ever! Awesome game!!!

VID_20200418_000903_exported_3669_1587183772776 (resized).jpgIMG_20200418_001412 (resized).jpg
#8966 7 months ago

Put up some high scores too!

IMG_20200418_004547 (resized).jpgIMG_20200418_004549 (resized).jpgIMG_20200418_004551 (resized).jpg
#8970 7 months ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

Congratulations wizard. well done!!
Siege awaits unless you have been there too!

Thanks dude! This is definitely one tough wizard to get to, and I'm still pumped that I got it!

Next up... VALINOR!

#8999 7 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

The post has been in for two days now. New GCS on the first night. So, yeah, BIG advantage. But you know what: this layout in stock trim kicked my ass mercilessly and it made it hard to enjoy the game. You could argue that I won't get better if I take away the challenges, but I'm able to do a fork-ton more shooting this way and see more of the game, rules-wise, so it's helpful to me and I'm glad to try it.[quoted image]

Who cares what anyone thinks about what you decide to do with your game. If you're having more fun, you're doing something right.

I've had the game for two years, and just got to LMS. My wife and friends think it's the worst game here because of how brutal it is. Maybe now that I beat it, I might try bringing down the outlanes so that other can enjoy it.

#9013 7 months ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

You haven’t beaten The Walking Dead (Pro) until you’ve finished LMS, Siege, Horde, and Terminus.

Siege is next. Right now, I have a towel over the game, and I'm going to take a break from it. It was such a thrill to finally hit LMS, and I want to just enjoy it a bit before getting back into it. I tried playing some LOTR tonight, and just wasn't in the mood. Good thing I'm also trying to learn guitar

1 week later
#9015 7 months ago

What's the best way to rack up a nice combo champion score? Looking to knock some initials off my game!

I have initials on everything except Combo Champion! Right now score is currently 7 million.

And what's the best strategy to reach Siege?

#9017 7 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Make sure when you set up a big X shot collect, make it a combo with 2x playfield running.
Best strat to reach Siege? Be accurate during prison multiball. Haha. But I would try and stack blood bath with prison MB so you can get the add a balls and stay in prison MB longer. You probably won’t get to Siege the first go, so have a plan to get back into prison MB a second time and finish up.

What do you mean by set up "X" shot?

Funny how I've reached LMS and don't even know about this!

#9024 7 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The inlane. After 2 walker kills during a ball, an inlane will light for 2x (flippers change the lit lane), then every two kills after that, it adds 1x to that inlane X value. Stay away from the lit inlane until you’ve killed a bunch of walkers.
Roll through the lit inlane and the next shot is worth ?X of all the kills you’ve built up. Combine that with a combo shot and it will be worth a lot more. 2x playfield adds to that too.

Ok, so let me see if I've got this. I see that after 2 kills, the inlane X lights. So do not collect it? Just keep killing walkers, and avoid that X every time it goes through the inlane?

Then what do I need to hit to collect? Is it the first shot at anything after I collect X?

How do I light 2X on the pf, and do you get more points if you're in a mode?

#9025 7 months ago

Just realized we might be talking about different things. Isn't your instructions to put these initials up?

What I'm looking at is Combo Champion.

MVIMG_20200502_005201 (resized).jpg
#9027 7 months ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Yes you need to deliberately not collect the X. Wait until you have built it up for a while. Make sure you have an active Multikill lit (when the orange insert is lit on one of the shots). Wait until the orange insert is on the Barn shot (it changes every time you hit it). Now (with Tower lit) shoot the Riot shot to light 2X playfield. Shoot the CDC ramp then when the ball comes down the right inlane, collect the X and then immediately shoot the Barn shot. Enjoy putting your name in when the game ends.

And that is for "X Champion" or "Combo Champion"?

And what of I miss that barn shot after collecting X in your example, would I lose all the points?

2 months later
#9266 4 months ago

This is what it's all about...

Screenshot_20200726-151227 (resized).png
3 weeks later
#9437 3 months ago

I've decided to let go off my TWD and although it's still here for a few days, it's already sorely missed.

With young ones asking about images on the cabinet, and me having to put on some big boys pants and decide what game I am willing to sell to get something new in, it felt like the right timing.

In the just over two years of owning it, I posted it for sale (then quickly took my ad down) at least 3-4 times after this game battered my confidence and patience for pinball. But I stuck with it, and eventually got to LMS which was the most satisfying and enjoyable wizard mode I have met yet. Didn't get Seige, but maybe I'll shoot for that over these last few days that I have with it.

I feel grateful to have owned this epic game, and I appreciate all the assistance and input I got from all of you in the group.

Be well, and best of luck getting to the notorious 115!

#9443 3 months ago

I have a full set of Cliffy protectors including:

1pc CF magnet ring, outhole drain, 2pc shooter eject and Rail Guard set.

I paid $50 plus shipping.

Selling for $40 plus free shipping anywhere in Canada or the USA.

Also have an official Stern shaker motor brand new in box. Will sell together if interested.

PM me

#9447 3 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Mostly down to luck here. Rarely build up high Multikills as I rarely blow up the modes. Had a banner CDC on this game and managed to combine the mode-end shot with a Multikill and a Crossbow Kill. Honestly, I was just hanging on. It was just coincidence that I had playfield double scoring going and an 8x shot multiplier accumulated. I included a screen shot of the final score for CDC - which you can see is only a few mil' above the points earned for the single mode-ending shot. Perhaps my Multikill was built up like that from big scores in the other modes, too. I did get to Horde and LMS in this game.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's more than I had after doing LMS!!!

Insane how the scoring in this game works. F#ck I'm going to miss it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizardscastle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside