Topic Stats

• 8,391 posts
  • 564 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by pkrobin
  • Topic is favorited by 194 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,410 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

13b675bbdf2bd3206f866e5b23fb77de282f28da (resized).jpg
70979529_10157091133873551_6275270304075874304_n (resized).jpg
B9B1F475-63AE-4CE1-BBCE-ED2C59CE0287 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5393 (resized).jpg
2B1F4AD8-6644-440B-963F-12E40E2F2768 (resized).jpeg
20190920_204738 (resized).jpg
PRO COLOR BLOOD (resized).png
PREMIUM BLOOD (resized).png
TWD alternate translite versions (resized).jpg
20190824_093215 (resized).jpg
s-l500 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
11EA187F-CA67-4CBF-A5EF-B666C2D86950 (resized).jpeg
20190817_104818 (resized).jpg
DE9D5CBB-2E3C-4F67-AFAD-9746180AC45E (resized).jpeg
B94615F7-9965-42AF-BADE-6C5BB92F5266 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (4 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (3 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (3 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (3 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toeskneez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4357 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Here is a new alternate translite for this game. Great game but I dont watch the show so let me know if the character line up needs editing.

That Sir, is brilliant. Well done.

1 month later
#4506 2 years ago

Ok, so this is out there to all TWD owners with a color DMD installed. I love my TWD, and love it even more with the color DMD in it. But I am wondering if there is something wrong with the DMD or the behaviour it is exhibiting is normal. I have attached pics and hope they show what is going on.

On certain shots the DMD appears to show weird colors throughout the display, as seen in the pics. You can see the grey writing has all sorts of colors through it. I dont know if this is normal or not and was hoping others with color DMD's could have a look at theirs for comparison and let me know thanks.

It usually happens on a walker ramp shot, but today I also noticed in on well walker as well. Its almost like the pic is confused as to what colors it needs to display. I haven't been quick enough to get the entire pic, but will try so you can all see the entire effect.

IMG_0848 (resized).JPG
IMG_0855 (resized).JPG
IMG_0846 (resized).JPG
IMG_0856 (resized).JPG

IMG_0861 (resized).PNG

IMG_0864 (resized).PNG

IMG_0865 (resized).PNG

IMG_0862 (resized).PNG

IMG_0866 (resized).PNG

IMG_0863 (resized).PNG

#4509 2 years ago
Quoted from toeskneez:

Ok, so this is out there to all TWD owners with a color DMD installed. I love my TWD, and love it even more with the color DMD in it. But I am wondering if there is something wrong with the DMD or the behaviour it is exhibiting is normal. I have attached pics and hope they show what is going on.
On certain shots the DMD appears to show weird colors throughout the display, as seen in the pics. You can see the grey writing has all sorts of colors through it. I dont know if this is normal or not and was hoping others with color DMD's could have a look at theirs for comparison and let me know thanks.
It usually happens on a walker ramp shot, but today I also noticed in on well walker as well. Its almost like the pic is confused as to what colors it needs to display. I haven't been quick enough to get the entire pic, but will try so you can all see the entire effect.

Ok so after a couple of tips, I reflashed the color DMD and all appears good with the world again. Very strange! Thanks for the replies and tips MikeS and dzoomer

2 years later
#8154 68 days ago

Mine has the crossbow with the laser. Makes no difference as 9 times out 10 it doesn’t fire when I want it to anyways! I did read somewhere this was part of the code for it. Love to hate the game, one of our favourites! Upgraded from a pro to a premium and the gameplay is definitely different, which we found weird.

2 weeks later
#8238 47 days ago

This may seem like a strange question, but has anyone customised their premium or LE led colours? Because of the surface mounted led’s I appreciate it’s a fair old job, but would love to change some colours to similar to what I had in my customised Pro when I had it. And if you have or looked into it, does anyone have a list of the type of led’s in the machine? I know there is some info in the schematics, but some of it is hard to read. Any tips, help or info greatly appreciated. Thanks.

#8243 47 days ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

LED types are noted in the manual. No need to look at schematics.

I have a premium which has all surface mounted led’s. not bayonet or plug ins like the pro. I don’t believe there is a list in the manual, at least not that I could find after searching high and low!

#8247 45 days ago
Quoted from embryon:

i find the colours a little faint/washed out due to the inserts being white. So I've taken any gels I put in from my game. But the gels do work kind of

Please excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by “coloured gels”?

I have since had a similar idea, but using cellophane under the play field above the lights. Cheap and nasty, but it might work a treat!

#8253 43 days ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Do you mind sharing a pic of your playfield with these gels on? I’m desperate for color! And I really don’t know anything about gels either or how they go in. Lol. I’ll search hobby lobby.

I’m pretty sure what they mean by “gels” is different coloured see through paper or what we call cellophane here in Australia, which you can get at hobby stores I think. And I’m guessing you cut it to size and place it under the inserts on the play field above the leds. I’m going to give this a go and see how it looks. Will post pics when done. Sounds a pretty easy way to change colours. Stay tuned!!

#8257 38 days ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I bought a swatch of gel paper samples with hundreds of different colors about 6 years ago. I've used many different colors on different games, including defusing some GI bulbs that were too bright and shiny in my eye. With shipping, the swatch is about $15.
ebay.com link

Been looking further into this, these “sample” gels are a fantastic idea. Going to get a hold of some and try them out. Thanks heaps for the tips.

3 weeks later
#8341 17 days ago

I had an absolute blinder today!! Missed Last Man Standing by one shot and had so many things going on I’d never seen before!! We absolutely love to hate this game!! Best one in the collection by far!! (and YES, the glass WAS on!! )

B9B1F475-63AE-4CE1-BBCE-ED2C59CE0287 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 499.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toeskneez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside