Topic Stats

• 8,639 posts
  • 573 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Rager170
  • Topic is favorited by 202 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,455 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2019-11-23 (resized).jpg
TWD TRA (resized).jpg
20191120_170943 (resized).jpg
20190619_205908-1 (resized).jpg
IMGA0114 (resized).JPG
IMG_4039 (resized).JPG
TWD art blades (resized).jpg
e grass (resized).jpg
zomheads (resized).jpg
s-l1600[2] (resized).jpg
twd pf (resized).jpg
2bcea80b978cd5536caec2e5853a5665c15c2bb6 (resized).jpg
IMGA0106 (resized).JPG
IMGA0103 (resized).JPG
IMGA0105 (resized).JPG
IMGA0104 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (4 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (4 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (4 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (3 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stoptap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2731 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Thank you i found the rule sheet PDF that someone posted in a previous post. That helped quite a bit. Once the extra ball at woodburry is lit do you guys really go for it or is it kind of if it happens great kind of thing? It seems like a dangerous shot to attempt over and over again.
But reading that rule sheet has helped me quite a bit. i need to study that thing. I plan on playing tonight after work. Ill update you guys if i regained dominance on my own machine. lol

Have you watched Bowen's tutorial on You Tube ?

3 weeks later
#2865 3 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Is the "metal tape" around the base of the well-walker factory or has the previous owner added it? A chunk of mine just came off and not sure if I need to replace it or not. Thanks.

I removed it, its crap. I don't like metal on metal contact however so I wrapped some black insulting (sic) tape around it. Been on for some time now and still looks like I just put it on.

3 weeks later
#2956 3 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:Got a problem with my crossbow. It stopped working all together. Ball diverts when it should to the crossbow, but once loaded, crossbow does not move. Went into the specific test mode for the crossbow, again, no movement. Any suggestions folks??
(I did search and search and search, 'cause I can't imagine I'm the first one this happened to. But couldn't find anything).

Check the obvious stuff first like a loose connector.

#2960 3 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Did that, all connectors are fine, no loose wires etc etc. Just checked all the switches on the bow, they register too no problem.

Sounds like it is motor related. Didn't some of the early models have problems with the crossbow ?

#2968 3 years ago

Agree that Woodbury needs work. Maybe some extra awards for the rollovers would help. 5x multiplier or Extra Ball ?

1 week later
#3017 3 years ago

After you finish a mode should the Dead Features re-light after completing another bank of (unlit) drop targets ?

At the moment mine doesn't. I complete one bank (let's say Weapons). I play a mode. Mode finishes. I then complete another bank of drops (let's say Food) and Dead Features doesn't relight. I believe I have to complete the third bank (First Aid) to re-light Dead Features.

#3022 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

After playing a mode, to relight the modes you have to complete two banks. Doesn't matter what supply item you are doing. Just needs to be two completed banks.

Thanks.

#3027 3 years ago

I'm not sure I understand how the multikill works.
When you get the yellow insert lit are you awarded a weapon if you shoot it and are you then awarded another weapon for the next lit shot ?
Because mine doesn't award them that easily.

#3053 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Once Color DMD does this game, I will be buying 4 Color DMDs. I have one on my TSPP and love it. 3 of my other 4 games have color dmd out. I'm holding out on TWD being done and then I'm just going to do them all at once. That's going to be a pricey day...

Spider-Man is amazing with the ColorDMD. I took the ColorDMD out of my LOTR and put it in my Spider-Man (it is a new model ColorDMD so it worked) while I sent the PinLed display from the Spider-Man out for repair. I never knew what half of the jumbled graphics were supposed to be before. I know now. The ColorDMD is now back in LOTR but I think I will have to purchase another to put into Spider-Man permanently.

And like you, no doubt when TWD is colourised that will be another purchase on the cards.

1 week later
#3129 3 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

I've set mine for extra balls at 150,300,450 million and found it to be a nice reward for playing well, and helping me get a little deeper into the game.

Might have to try that.

#3139 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hey guys, the TWD pro on location that I frequent has a slight flipper hop on the right inlane. I've tried to loosen the lane guide and push it up and retighten, but that was no help. Anyone have any other ideas?

Are they standard flipper rubbers ? I had some yellow for mine and they were thicker. Went back to black and they are fine.
Are superbands thinner ? You could try them.

#3142 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Tried blue super bands, no help. There is blue standard rubber on them now. Still no help. I might bring a few different types next time I go up there and see if that will work.

Sounds like it could be a rogue machine where the tolerances for the hole centres slipped. Unless it is a dodgy lane guide. You can swap them over can't you ? Won't cure the problem but it is one more thing to rule out.

#3146 3 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

my Pro model shipped Friday from cointaker via road runner shipping, ETA is next Tuesday, the waits killing me

Let me assure you, it's worth the wait.

1 week later
#3229 3 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Hey you're not the first to dislike that "knocker". Thankfully you can turn it off in the settings.

Is the 'knocker' sound stored as a sample ? I wonder if the sound can be changed in Pinball Browser ?

I can think of some great sounds to have in its place.

#3231 3 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

That's a great question and there are quite a few people over here that have worked this game to death changing audio samples. Hopefully one of them can shed some light on this... you'd think somebody would have already done this by now if it were possible though.

Sadly I think you are right but it is certainly worth looking into for somebody with the know how.
I think a classic AROOGA car horn would make a great replay sound.

#3236 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I believe in the browser under sounds if you sort it by duration it is "Script 0x15 (0min00s108ms)". You would need a real fast sound to replace it with.
BTW same location for those with MetLE / Prem as well.

How critical are the length of the short samples ? Could you put in a longer sample ?

2 weeks later
#3253 3 years ago

Installed the pants decal on my walker today. Love it.

image (resized).jpeg

#3266 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Did you take the whole mech out to put them on or were able to do it from top of playfield with him still on?

I took the whole thing out. Very easy to do.
Take off the walker by removing the two screws visible when you tilt him backwards.
Lift the playfield then remove the 4 screws holding the base mechanism in.
Makes it much easier to line up the decal if it is out of the machine.

1 week later
#3367 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I sure have and LOVE the game!
I work from home most of the week and I use my jukebox/touch game PC because I prefer standing up when working. So I'm practically staring at my games all day and thinking of stuff for TWD. I'm able to mod it while on calls and in between emails.
So basically I am getting paid to mod and play it.

Love the album covers on the walls but what the blue blazes ? You have Phil Collins in full view and Sgt Peppers' behind TSPP !

As we say in England, 'I say Old Chap, steady on !'

#3372 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Ahhh, but gaze your eyes along the bottom of the other wall.

Grease betwixt the Beatles and Led Zeppelin ????

image (resized).jpeg

#3374 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Hey, it's my wife's wall too. Both of our favorites are up there.

She has good taste in the Beatles and Led Zep.

#3389 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

You missed the Village People.

Sadly, I didn't. I remember them well.

1 week later
#3439 3 years ago

Just had my used TWD delivered. Was running v1.1 code...
Can only assume it was rarely played or owned by morons. Favouring the latter.

Update it with the Cleland sound update mate. Sounds like Mater from Cars otherwise.

#3453 3 years ago

With CDC it is better to shoot the ramp a few times before shooting any of the other shots. Once you shoot another shot the CDC value is locked.
So the way I play CDC is to start the mode. Then shoot the ramp about 5 or 6 more times. Then shoot the other shots and then finally shoot the ramp again (hopefully with a multiplier lit) to finish the mode. Hundreds of millions available from this mode.

#3457 3 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

I like doing that too and try to keep the mode rolling by clearing all the shots and going again! Lyman has absolutely crushed this game!

It really is a landmark game for pinball coding.

#3458 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah it's terminus. LMS is from 115 walker kills.

How do you start Terminus when you have all the modes lit ?

#3462 3 years ago

Thank you.

#3463 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Anyone have an extra tower mod?
Any word on Color DMD?

I haven't checked but does the game have a red DMD window ?

#3475 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It's awesome but aren't some of the Dead modes just like hit the shot x number of times?

At a base level, yes. But experiment with the modes and there are a number of ways to massively increase the pay off. Take CDC for example. You could shoot the ramp, shoot Barn then shoot the ramp again. Finished CDC with about 10 million.

Do what I posted a few posts ago and you can get 200,000,000 + on it. Seemingly simple but huge hidden depth to the code. Lyman at his very best.

#3483 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Had to post this...
My wife just made it to Horde mode for the first time.
How awesome is that?
I love her.

The start of Horde is up there with 'SHOWTIME' for me. That pulsing sound is so ominous.

#3486 3 years ago

Broke 500 million for the 1st time yesterday. Next target, 750 million.

IMG_0302 (resized).JPG

#3488 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Correct a code issue

My 500 million ? It was hard work and skill Sir !

#3494 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I only replaced the shooter lane music, and ending sequence music with a dubstep WD remix, everything else is stock. I replaced many of the factory callouts with sound bytes from the show, but left game specific ones alone....Extra Ball, Dead Features Are Lit....etc...
I have some new call outs from this season I'd like to work in once the last code update drops. I believe there will be one more to finish it?

Great stuff and thank you for the sound package that you did. It is in my game with a couple of the mode songs changed to suit me.

#3495 3 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

I must really suck at this game, I ve really started to figure out the actual rules sense getting my pro but the highest score Ive achieved was something like 70 Mil i keep seeing all you guys scores and my heart sinks a little lol

I posted this earlier for a friend on a UK pinball forum. Give it a try.

I try to start with CDC. Start it and then try to hit another 5 or 6 ramp shots before hitting one of the other lit shots. Collect the remaining shots and then try to finish CDC (one more shot up the left ramp) with a multiplier. You should be looking at around 200 million just for doing that.
Then start Bloodbath multiball and Barn. As you keep hitting the drop targets (to add balls) you are also extending the Barn time. Lots of points by the time the multiball and Barn ends.

That should get you a good start mate from just two modes and one multiball. You will also be well on your way to starting Horde.

#3501 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What's your strat on accomplishing this as the main way to feed the right inlane is from the CDC ramp?

My mistake. As Ezeltmann said it is two shots. Colossal points can be gained from this mode.

#3531 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I finally got around to installing the shaker on mine thursday. I wouldn't mind if they toned it down a bit.

Can you not change it in the settings ? I know a few Stern games have that option.

#3533 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yes you can change it in the settings

Do you have a shaker installed in your WD ?
I'm not really a fan of shakers but this might be a game that suits it. When does it kick in ?

2 weeks later
#3609 3 years ago
Quoted from PinManV:

OK. Halloween-Pinball party Saturday night. What version of code should I run and where can I download it?

Quoted from PW79:

I too want to try out some homebrew software
I have a Pro
Hook it up

I'd strongly recommend the Cleland 1.56 code.

#3655 3 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

So switching back from GOT to TWD I noticed the flipper buzz is back. There is the feedback sound when holding in, especially the right flipper. There are times though that the buzz gets really loud almost like something under the table is vibrating. It will come and go, and sometimes it will stop and go to the regular buzz if I release the flipper and hold it again. Anybody have any issues like this on TWD or other Stern games?
I'm a little disappointed in the screw up by the bumpers, but after taking it out the bumper never really put it back up into the lanes. It always just kicked it out to the left, so I decided to leave the screw in.

Remove the coil stop from the flipper and have a look to see if it has got a concave dent in it.

#3669 3 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I will check that when I get home.
One other thing, I tried to lift the playfield out and had a heck of a time doing it. Then when I put it back in it seemed to be getting stuck on something and I was about an 8th of an inch from the metal guides going into their holes. Didn't know if it was my machine or TWD in general with the ramps maybe getting stuck on the wires in the back.

Something not quite right there. The playfield should just drop into the two locating cut outs on the lock down plate. Check that you aren't snagging any cables behind the back of the playfield.

#3686 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Awesome thanks.
Oh, that piece is metal? For some reason I thought it was plastic. I put a piece of clear tape over it to protect whatever is on there currently and the way it is getting hit made it look like its breaking apart, but if its metal, that isnt the case.
Thanks again.

I put tape on mine when the decal first started breaking up. However the ball started the break through the tape and started to pick up littly black, sticky parts of tape. I took the tape of and replaced it with one of the 'pants' decals. Looks great and is a massive improvement on the original decal.

2 weeks later
#3719 3 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Since i bought twd premium NIB in april, I have had an issue coming and going; When the ball drains, the game wont register it until I give it a real good shake/shove. I went into test mode and active switch test when it occured some times, and it seems that the vuk opto did not close even though the ball was breaking the opto. I talked to my distributor, and stern sent me a new pair of opto boards. This had been a problem on some previous batches of TWD, but shouldnt be on this.
anyways, I replaced the boards, but since then it is still coming and going. Have anyone experienced the same issue, and found a solution?
I have another issue also, it seems the prison doors never registers as closed. When I go into test mode and test door, and closing thees a quarter second when it shows as closed but then its "open" again, even when closed. dunno if this can be somewhat related?
I remember someone writing not long ago that the switch gap on the prison head might cause some strange issues (skill shot turning off etc).

Check your balls (steady on Mrs !) to see if they have become magnetised.

#3721 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Picked up a set of boney flipper bats, experimenting with red titan silicon rings & found some $5 cling decals on amazon for the hand prints.
I'm close to temporarily installing one of my Color DMD's into TWD to run it in B&W to match the B&W inserts, cabinet art & comic books of course.

Do you like the white GI ? I have amber in mine. Gives it a sinister sunset look.

IMG_0550.JPG

#3740 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I'm unfamiliar with the Walker bombs.
Do the walker bombs make the Premium/LE easier to reach LMS & build up X multipliers?
What (else) do they do?

They make it too easy IMO. You can basically have a Walker bomb waiting and if the ball drains you press the button, finish the wave and continue the multiball.

2 weeks later
#3840 3 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

I figured. It's fine for a couple games then gets real weak. Time for troubleshooting :/

Check to see if you can move the flipper bat vertically up and down a bit (as though you are trying to lift the flipper out of the playfield). Should be about 2mm of travel.

3 weeks later
#3877 2 years ago

New addition to my Pro.

IMG_7669.JPG

2 weeks later
#3964 2 years ago

I'm not entirely sure how it works but I have found I can accumulate lots of weapons when I have a decent multiball. Had Horde on multiple occasions and the start of it never fails to put a smile on my face.
For you guys that have yet to start it, make sure you have the volume cranked up. The start of Horde is right up there with the start of multiball on an Addams Family as one of THE pinballing highlights.

#3997 2 years ago

Is there a decent quality PDF of the Pro manual available ? The one on the Stern site is bloody awful.

1 week later
#4068 2 years ago

A tip for Pro owners. I was having a hell of a time hitting the Riot shot. I have loosened the screws on the target to the left of the prison doors and teased the target to the right a couple of mm. I can now hit the shot consistently and no longer avoid the shot.

#4079 2 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

I found him really friendly and happy to chat about his games, despite the fact that he must be asked the same questions over and over again.
It probably helped that this was near the end of a very long night in a Belgian bar
From watching the video, when he's not playing you can see that he's thinking "I wouldn't have done that" , or "I would have shot for this". You can almost see the frustration.

Ha ! Sussed you Wayne. That is why your name is on every pinball in England. You get tips off the man who programmes them !

#4084 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Could someone give me the measurements of the prison door opening (basically where the big giant head sits) not near the game at the moment so if someone could do this it would be awesome!

A bit late but hey ho.

IMG_7815.JPG

#4091 2 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Not quite "every" machine in England. There's also some in USA and Belgium.
We only talked about Metallica, although he did say that he was working on something to do with Batman. That was over 12 months before Batman66 was announced.

Do you have the high score on my incoming Iron Man ?

#4102 2 years ago

I've ordered the LCD however I haven't tried a ColorDMD in one of the newer Sterns yet so I will have to see how I feel about the gap to the DMD clear cover.
If I don't like the gap I will put the LCD in one of my other games and get an LED for TWD.

#4104 2 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Get some black foam weatherstripping to fill the gap.
Blocks the little bit of light that can be seen from the sides and makes it unnoticeable.

Will do. Doesn't it look a little like looking down a tunnel though ?

1 week later
#4141 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I just discovered some kind of weird bug in the TWD scoring.
I just had one of my all time best games (in fact, it probably was my best). I got to LMS (only the 2nd time ever), completed it, kept going....and when I finished, my final score was.........103 million!
WTF?
Got my initials up for most walkers killed, best CDC score, and something else that I don't recall. But no initials for my final score (why would there be for a score of 103 million?)
Last time I looked up, before starting LMS I was in the 3 billion range. Not sure what happened, but somehow my score appears to have reset along the way. Very strange.....and disappointing.

Doesn't this happen to Keith Elwin on his YouTube video of the game ?

#4186 2 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Finally a big CDC and new X champ
» YouTube video

Sweet. I thought I had done well with my 242 million CDC score.

#4194 2 years ago

Don't panic, there is a special club for us! We play Iron man just for the comedy value.

I am going to kick the shit out of Iron Man this weekend. I have new flipper parts waiting to go in. I'm taking no prisoners with it.

I'll probably be back here on Monday with my tail between my legs.

#4198 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Considering cancelling a BM66 order and joining the TWDLE club, decisions decisions

I don't think you'd regret that decision. Walking Dead is sublime.

1 month later
#4383 2 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

I am getting depressed. My drop targets are getting less reliable. They either fire pre-maturely (happens to the best!) or they get hit and go down legitimately, but don't come back up. Any drop-target experts out there? I called 'Chaz' from Stern, but he wasn't super helpful, unfortunately.

Check that the reset plate hasn't worked loose. Happened on mine.

#4389 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is there a bug in the code that under certain circumstances an earned extra ball doesn't get awarded? I feel like I'll get one and have a decently long ball, then after draining, it gives me nothin.

I have shot the Woodbury shot before and not been awarded it although the Extra Ball light remains lit on the shot and I can shoot it in there again to get the Extra Ball. Can't say I have ever noticed it not giving an awarded Extra Ball.

#4396 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Another possible explanation to not being awarded extra balls (in the form of an extra ball) . Maybe its set to points through a tournament setting.

That would have been a possibility although it isn't in Tournament mode.

#4397 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What in taking about is I got the EB, insert lit inbetween the flippers. Drain. No EB.

Is your Max Ex Balls setting really low ?

2 weeks later
#4444 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also another tip. When you hit the inlane X, it is the next major switch hit. So feel free to let the ball roll over it and run off that flipper to pass the ball over to your other flipper to a trap. Then take your time to line up the shot. if you brick and hit a couple slings or a spot target, it still should be active so trap up and try again.

How long until the X times out ?

#4446 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It doesn't. It's based of the next major switch hit. So if you run over the inlane and trap up, you can wait for an hour before your next shot and still have it multiplied.

Well that will put paid to my mass panic trying to hit a big X shot.

1 week later
#4479 2 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

What makes the game decide on an extra ball and how do you get 2x scoring on the PF? At first I thought it was walking kills equated to an extra ball at Woodbury but now it's so random? Sometimes it's 7 walker kills, the. 6...so I'm quite confused.

Walker kills light Extra Ball. It is dynamic so the number of kills required may go up or down. You can fix it at a set number in the adjustments.

2X playfield is started by hitting the two targets at either side of the Prison door. This will then light the Tower target which you hit by shooting the Riot shot. Once you have 2X playfield running you can extend the time by completing the drop targets.

#4484 2 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Almost,
You can increase the length of time 2x playfield runs for by shooting the standups multiple times BEFORE hitting the tower. Once 2x is running you can't extend it.

You're right Wayne. I was getting mixed up with extending the mode time.

#4487 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

» YouTube video
Shows the LED colorDMD, but the video washes out the colours a lot and there is no flicker just another artefact of the video. It looks epic in my view!
Neil.

I saw LED ColorDMDs in the flesh last Saturday Neil. Seems overly bright to me. Must say I personally prefer the LCD.

#4494 2 years ago
Quoted from dracula40:

I have the TWD pro and I've been having a minor issue with the Well Walker. If you hit it hard enough he goes back and his finger gets caught on the sign on the ramp. If you hit again he comes down. I just don't want to break his fingers or the sign. Does the Well Walker need to be tightened ?

He is hitting the Crossbow/Fish Tank plastic ? Something is out of line. Either the sign or the Well Walker isn't in the correct position.

1 month later
#4555 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I'm back. Completing my Super modded stunning LE to moderately modded pro collection conversion. I made cards. I'll make them available to download soon for those interested.

What made you switch to the Pro ?

#4563 2 years ago

I wonder if anyone has tried an Avatar type pop bumper spring on a TWD ?

1 week later
#4639 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Nice job! You can put the glass back on now!

You bite your lip young man !

Wayne is a top guy, a great player AND a Guinness pinball world record holder.

#4640 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I have a question about the GI. It looks like the Premiums / LEs have red GI and the Pro comes with White GI.
Does anyone know how many and of what type of GI I need if I wanted to switch to red?
I think I might like the red better from looking at the videos.

The Premium/LEs have colour changing GI. It changes between white and red.
If you want to change the look of your pro try the amber GI I had in my game (I have since gone back to white). Looks like a sunset.

Tap on the photo to get a decent quality version of it.
IMG_1029.JPG

#4645 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

That looks pretty cool. Any reason you switched back?

I like the room quite dark when I play so I thought I would put white back in. I think I prefer the amber but can't be bothered to switch it back.

1 week later
#4694 2 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Having a high percentage of SDTM on exits from the pops on my NIB Pro.
I see a lot of posts from folks who have put a thicker post sleeve there to correct the issue, but I haven't found one that lists the size to get.
Looking on PinballLife (since I want to order some bulbs) and was hoping someone could tell me which sleeve to get/try.

Try installing a flipper rubber on the wireform at the exit of the pops. I very rarely get a SDTM from my pops now. Plus it doesn't make the Tunnel shot harder like a wider rubber on the ramp post does.

IMG_1539.JPG

1 month later
#5029 2 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

I posted this in a new thread but should have posted it here, hoping someone can help?
Just finished setting up a new TWD pro. My basement stairs suck so I take the head off pins if I have to take them up or down. I have one connection that I can't see in my pictures I took before I took the connections off. I'm referring to the 3 pin Molex with the yellow and black wires that you can see hanging below the bulb. Should that have something connected to it? I'm wondering if that's my problem. I couldn't find anything in the left bundle that would connect to it, but thought maybe there's a connection that slipped down inside the outer corrugated cover.

I don't have access to my game but I'm pretty sure that it isn't connected to anything.

1 month later
#5145 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I looked through the pics gallery for this thread, but I didn't see any other pics of this. Has anyone else replaced their flipper bats with the SS boney flippers?

Those flippers look set quite high. Do you have trouble shooting the right ramp and Woodbury shot ?

1 week later
#5182 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Bicycle girl sign removed and the lamp board installed under the ramp. McFarlane Toys Bicycle Girl figure installed under ramp.
» YouTube video

Quoted from Rondogg:

Holy shit. I was looking at that same figure and sticking it under there. Looks awesome!

I have the same figure under there. I added a green LED that shines on her when the Bicycle Girl LED is lit.

2 weeks later
#5242 2 years ago

Regarding flipper hop there is a small amount of movement possible with the flipper bushes. I recently changed some flipper bushes and was surprised how much movement is possible once the screws that hold them in have been loosened.
You should be able to drop the flipper a little lower that may help.

#5245 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

"bushings"... unless they call it something different in Jolly Old England
Good idea btw.

Same team, different coloured (yes it is spelt correctly) jersey.

2 weeks later
#5293 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Is it common for the prison door optos to not register prison door hits often? It seems if I have a quick, solid hit, it doesn't advance the letter. If I have a slow or medium hit, it registers just fine. Is there an adjustment for this? The prison shot seems to be very risky for me because a lot of the solid shots bounce back SDTM or get caught up in the slings if I manage to get a flipper on the ball.

This is usually caused by the magnet in front of the doors. If it isn't perfectly flat then the ball will jump slightly and it is enough for it to miss the opto. I had this on my game and it only stopped happening when I adjusted the height of the magnet core.

#5311 2 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Not sure if this mod has been added, but it was inexpensive and easy. I just swapped the lenses between crossbow and fish tank for the correct color. $10 for the whole kit and there's like 10 aquariums.

» YouTube video
amazon.com link »

I think it would be better with three tanks on the back panel. Shame it is $30 here in the UK otherwise I would get one and experiment.

#5330 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I can count on no hands how many times I've intentionally hit the Riot shot...

Mine was the same. I noticed that the target to the left of the prison doors was leaning a little to the left. I adjusted it more to the right and the Riot shot is now a LOT easier.

3 weeks later
#5399 2 years ago

AD4C5863-B3B5-4F56-9574-1F30A12C11C1.jpeg

#5402 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Fantastic painting if that’s what it is. Or is it a photo manipulation? Either way I love it!

It is a photo filter applied by a free app called Prisma. Here is the original photo.

CB861CBF-D7E2-43E7-909B-2B2BCEC169D2.jpeg

#5430 2 years ago

Owned an LE, now looking out for a Pro as I preferred the gameplay. LE/Prem has a stonking light show though - the red pulse in hoard justifies every single dime of extra cost.

Good luck finding a Pro Paul.

#5434 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

and your not getting either of them mwahahahaha!

Isn’t it time you got a KISS (then sold it to me) ?

#5489 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Yup, I tried for several weeks earlier in 2017 to find a pro and had to settle for a NIB order from Trent at Tilt Amusements. Now even less owners will want to sell.

We are in the UK mate so it is 20x worse for us. Nearly impossible to get an in demand used game like TWD, MET etc.

#5531 2 years ago

Anybody else experiencing flipper problems after updating to the new code ? It could of course be a complete coincidence that the issue has started happening after updating.
The right flipper is sticking up. It isn’t mechanical because it drops if I switch the power off. The flipper mechs have had a rebuild this year.

#5533 2 years ago

I don’t think it is a code issue Neil but thought it worth an ask before I climb inside the game to check it out.

#5575 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I got to Horde mode tonight, first time I’ve did that in a good while and only about my 4th time there total. I think I’m at least an average player but damn it’s hard to get to Horde. I’m sure that I will never see LMS and I’ve never seen Siege yet either.

Subtle little changes to your approach can make getting to Horde easier. Stacking CDC with Bicycle Girl will give you two weapons for a start.

#5638 1 year ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

So I just jumped feet first into the Stern pool by buying a TWD Pro. Have several pins from older Bally/Williams to newer CGC. I absolutely love the game.
Ashamed to say I was a Stern skeptic, but after playing and really enjoying a local TWD, I said to hell with the screaming from the haters, and I am glad I finally thought for myself and did it. It is just an incredible game with an awesome rule set and some very fun shots. It has really helped my nudging, as it is necessary to get better scores. I love it.
I have a question. My game is almost flaw/issue free with two exceptions, and my searches have proved fruitless for answers. My issues are:
1.) My well walker often gets stuck in the back position. Not sure if this is supposed to happen, but the routed game I played never did. There is a lot of play in the well that he sits in and I don't know how to prevent it, and how it is supposed to function. When he goes back, the well assembly sometimes sort of lifts and his one of his back fat creases (never thought I'd say that on pinside) props on the plastic behind him. Another hit or strong vibration will knock him back down but I am guessing this isn't normal. Table is properly setup for slope 6.5 and dead nuts level. I tried making it steeper hoping it would make it less frequent but no dice.
2.) About every 4-5 games a ball will not register as draining. The game goes into ball search mode and takes a while before just ending the ball and ejecting another. It is frustrating as my (admittedly modest by most standards) high score was on two balls. I cursed when I realized I would never know what might have been. A quick glance at the trough didn't really reveal how to address it. Any thoughts?
I don't mind getting my hands dirty, but the trough and the whole underside of the playfield is a completely different animal than the 90's williams that I have gotten comfy with. (I can't fathom why in the world pros don't have rails instead of those posts, as I would pay extra for their return, but I have learned to live with em!) Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Issue 1. Check the plastics behind the Well Walker. A lot of games shipped with them installed incorrectly at the factory. The larger of the two plastics should be on the bottom.

Issue 2. Reseat the connectors on the ball trough board. Lift the playfield out and rest in the two sticks. Have a looksee at the mechanism where the balls are stored. You should see a couple of connectors. Unplug them and plug them back in a couple of times.

Great choice of game. Easily one of the best games ever made.

#5641 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I thought TWD was switches not optos?

In that case, check the switch is properly aligned.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 8.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stoptap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside