IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stevenz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1149 8 years ago

Can someone confirm when the Horde insert should light. I've started Horde a couple of times on the 1.56 game code and have never seen the Horde insert light up. I would have expected it to light (or flash) when all the multikill weapons are lit (or are flashing).

Also I would have expected the Horde insert to be on solid during horde, but not on my game.

I tested the Horde insert through the diagnostics and it works fine.

#1152 8 years ago

I watched the Papa tutorial which was on 1.41 game code and the insert flashes when Horde is ready. Once the Woodbury shot is made the insert turns off. Seems like a bug in 1.56 that the Horde Insert does not flash when Horde is ready.

#1153 8 years ago

Papa Tutorial is on Pro (and on 1.41 game code). I wonder if this is an LE only bug.

3 months later
#2652 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

That's weird as hell. I thought I read of other people having that problem - maybe it's just my game then..

No not just your game. it is surely a bug.
Hoard insert works fine in attract but doesn't light at any time during gameplay, this on an LE. code version is 1.56 but the Cleland audio version. Any chance it works on stock but not on the custom versions?

#2657 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I'm running the same code with Cleland audio as well. Mine works fine.

Pro / Premium or LE?

I have tested this every which way and the Horde insert does not light on my LE, in game play. Looks like I'm not the only one with this issue, maybe its only the LE with the problem, but LE and Premium have the same code - so that doesn't make sense. Or maybe it's one of those it works under certain circumstances but not others type problems, which seems most likely.

#2664 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Mine's a Premium and it lights every time. I try to get to Hoard when playing so I've seen it many times. Mine was built in February of this year if that helps.

crwumper could you please check the version of code you have loaded, you said latest version, but would be great if you listed the actual version just to be sure. It might help those who don't have horde lighting to get this sorted.

1 week later
#2692 7 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

Sometimes my crossbow works perfectly, sometimes (but less often) it fails to launch the ball or launches late after a certain point. Ive got a premium, tried adjusting switches to no avail. Frustrating part is its not 100% consistent no matter how i adjust it. Though it usually works fine, i am leaning towards code bug than mechanical fix.

When the ball is in the crossbow, check (by moving your head to the side so you can see the side of the crossbow) that the ball is all the way in. I find that I have to jiggle the game as the crossbow moves to seat the ball. If the ball is not seated it will not fire or it will fire weakly.

2 months later
#2999 7 years ago
Quoted from mudflap:

Is there a "how to adjust the prison head switch? "
He's just not sensitive enough like me.
Code update coming soon to end the horde mode.

it has been a while since I adjusted the prison head on mine. From memory the switch is a leaf type switch and I bent the non moving leaf a little closer to the leaf that moves. Use a leaf adjustment tool not your finger or pliers.

Hopefully the update also turns on the Horde insert (on Premiums and LEs).

6 months later
#3947 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

There's supposed to be one more update, although code is basically perfect right now. Not even sure what it really needs? Maybe tweak the Woodbury shot so that its less easy but more lucrative?

For premium and LE it would be nice if the Horde insert lit sometime in the game. Say flashing for ready {just need to hit Woodbury) then solid once achieved.

3 months later
#4472 7 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Ok good to know. Also is there anyway to ensure the coil always goes all the way back? Or will the ball help it back as it's moving? Sometimes I can't get a strong shot because the shooter rod isn't all the way in the coil sleeve

I find that the ball doesn't sit fully in the crossbow until the crossbow has moved across a bit. When the ball is not fully in, the switch is not made, so it will not fire, or it fires softly. You have two choices wait for the crossbow to go past halfway and make your shots then or on the way back. Or you shake the machine a little as the crossbow start to travel and the ball seats fully and you can make the shot anytime.

3 years later
#9865 3 years ago
Quoted from jvivlemore:

ColorDMD - Should I be looking for LCD or LED? Saw them on ColorDMD.com and they are so much more expensive than I thought they would be.

I've always disliked the LCDs, LED is the look I would go for. If colorDMD is too expensive, look into PIN2DMD, there is a person working on the colorisation for TWD, might be a couple of months away, but much less expensive than ColorDMD.

#9866 3 years ago

PIN2DMD in progress can be seen here https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/4647-the-walking-dead-wip/

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.95
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stevenz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=stevenz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.