Topic Stats

• 8,272 posts
  • 556 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Jimmyhonda
  • Topic is favorited by 194 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,404 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

PRO COLOR BLOOD (resized).png
PREMIUM BLOOD (resized).png
TWD alternate translite versions (resized).jpg
20190824_093215 (resized).jpg
s-l500 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
11EA187F-CA67-4CBF-A5EF-B666C2D86950 (resized).jpeg
20190817_104818 (resized).jpg
DE9D5CBB-2E3C-4F67-AFAD-9746180AC45E (resized).jpeg
B94615F7-9965-42AF-BADE-6C5BB92F5266 (resized).jpeg
07FB0307-F475-4C6D-A222-92FFA102C92A (resized).jpeg
IMG_6831 (resized).JPG
IMG_6832 (resized).JPG
IMG_6829 (resized).JPG
IMG20190805123003 (resized).jpg
shot1.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (4 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (3 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (3 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (3 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3810 2 years ago

Not sure how well a TV works for this title, but I had one customer already buy one for TWD. These are available now at mezelmods. 3D printed by Joe Zenkus. Painted by Modfather. Can be used on any title.

TWD Square (resized).jpg

1 week later
#3842 2 years ago

Bloody option?

20161210_133918 (resized).jpg

8 months later
#5106 2 years ago

Well, I thought I was joining the club today with a NIB pro arriving, but tracking shows it won't be delivered until Tuesday. I thought I was going to have a full three-day weekend to play around with it!

#5116 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

It doesn't show on Sterns site as last call, like previous games coming to the end of their licencing/production have in the past.?

On MET they renewed/extended the license. They might do the same if TWD is still selling well.

I ordered a pro last week, and it's arriving tomorrow (hopefully).

#5123 2 years ago

This was supposed to be delivered to me on Friday the 1st, but it got shipped a day later than planned. Wiith the holiday weekend, delivery was delayed until today. However, they said they were "too busy" to deliver today, so I drove the one hour to pick it up myself!

20170905_174218 (resized).jpg

#5126 2 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Enjoy. Rather than waiting a week or more for mine, I opted to drive 7 hours round trip to pickup mine the morning after ordering it Well worth the drive. I am loving the game.

If I had done that, it would have been a 30-hour round trip!

#5137 2 years ago

I looked through the pics gallery for this thread, but I didn't see any other pics of this. Has anyone else replaced their flipper bats with the SS boney flippers?

20170907_230103 (resized).jpg

#5139 2 years ago

Is there anything to replace the Bicycle Girl sign?

#5146 2 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Those flippers look set quite high. Do you have trouble shooting the right ramp and Woodbury shot ?

That pic was taken before I finished aligning, adjusting, and tightening.

#5148 2 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Hey guys . . . I need a little help here. Some time back in this thread I mentioned that I built my own fish tank topper and wired some LED's in it, tied to the GI and a flasher socket. While soldering to the flasher I 'broke' my pin. It stopped working. One of you mentioned to check all the fuses, which I did and yes . . . that was the problem. I replaced the fuse and the pin worked perfectly. I wired one 5-string of LED's to the GI, and one 5-string set of LED's to the left flasher on the PF. It all worked.
After playing and testing my pin with the new lights in the fish tank, I noticed that after awhile I could see smoke coming from the tank. I lifted the wires and they were VERY hot. I quickly turned the pin off and determined that this wasn't going to work (they were pulling too much 'juice'), so I took the wiring off and scrapped that idea.
After I de-soldered the wires from the GI and flasher, I had the same problem of the pin not working. Checked that same fuse and yes, it had burnt. I replaced it and the pin once again it played correctly. HOWEVER, the lamp in the left flasher stays on all the time now and will not flash nor go out. I've checked all the fuses and everything else works fine.
I had a Pinside 'teckie' to visit this weekend who is a whiz at Williams pins, but he told me this TWD was a different kind of 'animal', he wasn't familiar with its structure, and guessed that I probably burnt a 'board' and would need to replace it. He wasn't real sure about that either.
Question to you guys . . . what do these 'boards' look like? Is this a very small, isolated board that is wired to or next to that flasher? Surely, he is not talking about a big board in the backbox?!
Any comments appreciated.
Mike in Kentucky

I'm officially not a tech, so anyone with more info, please chime in.

1) You saw smoke because you are tapped into voltage that is too high for your leds (flashers usually pull 20v; leds are either 5v or 12v).

2) Your flasher is stuck on because you blew a transistor (and possibly pre-transistor) on the driver board. That's the easy answer, but I'm not sure if the SPIKE system is set up in this way. Your tech would have known that, but if he says this is a "different kind of animal," maybe it's set up differently.

3) While soldering, you may have caused a short, causing these problems.

4) You can get free tech help through Stern at 1-800-kickers, even if it's your own fault. Start by telling them you have a stuck flasher and go from there. No need to tell them the history of how you got there. They'll proceed from there on how to fix the stuck flasher.

#5150 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pretty sure flashers are 12v in TWD and the game is SAM not Spike. I think the locked on flasher is a bad transistor.

Oops, you're right. Last SAM, correct? I played a SPIKE TWD at the Banning show when it was first introduced, but STERN waited until WWE to introduce SPIKE. Is that correct?

#5161 2 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Picked up my new topper last night. Need to get some acrylic baseball bat stands or hangers to mount this. Not sure if I will mount to the top or to the wall behind it. It's about 4" wider than the machine so I might mount it above it and to the wall. I am also thinking about adding some red led lighting under cabinet and behind the back box. If so I will throw a small strip on top to illuminate the bat more.
Still a work in progress here. Not sure how I best want to do this.

I picked up one of those for my topper, as well. I plan to hang mine to hover over the head with fishing line from the ceiling.

#5162 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Have some extra mods left off that are brand new. PM if interested
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/54124

Check the pricing on your sanctuary sign. You say "sells for $20 + shipping," then price it at $85.

Edit: (Nevermind; I think you meant combined price is $85 for shooter and sign)

#5164 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Total for both (shooter and sign) = 85. Selling as package. Major discount

Edited before I saw your post.

#5168 2 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

THANKS MEPH!!!!!!!!
Mike

A little less on Amazon. That's where I got mine.

20170912_232003 (resized).png

#5172 2 years ago

Suspended with fishing line. Swings back and forth when I give her a nudge.

20170916_144315 (resized).jpg

#5180 1 year ago

Bicycle girl sign removed and the lamp board installed under the ramp. McFarlane Toys Bicycle Girl figure installed under ramp.

20170916_171156 (resized).jpg

#5202 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Have 1-2 Weathered train track mods avail in the next few days.

Mod - For Sale
TWD Walking Dead Weathered RR track modNew “weathered track to make your right ramp look like an old and abandoned rr track. Picked up a few more track sections....Will prob sell 3 more tracks .....50 + 8 shipping”
3 days ago Columbia, MD 50 (Firm)
billsfanmd

I'll take one. Sending pm.

#5203 1 year ago

This was a key chain.

20170921_064312 (resized).jpg

#5209 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thanks but this is for the Spike system. Is the install the same as the SAM?

It's not the same as SAM. I think this is what you need for SAM:

http://pinballlife.com/docs/instructions/Shaker_Motor_Instructions_ALL3PAGES.pdf

3 weeks later
#5270 1 year ago

I have a few questions about Horde. I've owned the pro for about a month, and I started Horde for rhe first time last night. I lit all the weapons, but I didn't know how to start Horde.

I might have already been in a multiball, but I don't remember which one. One of the balls went through Woodbury, and Horde started. Other balls were hitting things, too, so I just want to confirm that Woodbury is the shot to start Horde.

Also, a few more balls entered the playfield when Horde started. How many balls is Horde?

Will the multiball end when a walker gets too close, or does that just light the "Bit" outlanes? Will the multiball end if one ball goes down the "Bit" outlane?

I was down to one ball and it drained down the left outlane with "Bit" lit, so I'm unsure of the behavior while more balls are in play.

#5280 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Here's a good rulesheet for reference. I just got mine a few weeks ago too and its helped me understand the game.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4/edit#heading=h.j0toiy9vnszr

Thanks for this link! All the other rule sheets I've seen are not up to date with 1.56 code. This helps with a lot of the questions I've had that the other rule sheets don't answer.

#5292 1 year ago

Is it common for the prison door optos to not register prison door hits often? It seems if I have a quick, solid hit, it doesn't advance the letter. If I have a slow or medium hit, it registers just fine. Is there an adjustment for this? The prison shot seems to be very risky for me because a lot of the solid shots bounce back SDTM or get caught up in the slings if I manage to get a flipper on the ball.

#5295 1 year ago
Quoted from stoptap:

This is usually caused by the magnet in front of the doors. If it isn't perfectly flat then the ball will jump slightly and it is enough for it to miss the opto. I had this on my game and it only stopped happening when I adjusted the height of the magnet core.

Quoted from Jakers:

Make sure your magnet is exactly flush with the play field. I adjusted my magnet to try and stop it from throwing the ball straight down the middle. Even at a quarter turn it was sitting too much above the play field causing the ball to catch air and sail over the optos on a fast hit. Do you have a cliffy around your magnet? I've also heard that those will cause small airballs too.

Thanks! I'll have to pay more attention to see if it's slight airballs. I do have a thin Cliffy on that magnet.

When I mentioned the ball coming back straight down the middle, I didn't mean because of the magnet. I can usually cancel that animation with the crowbar and avoid that. I meant that a hard solid shot when spelling prison bounces right back down the middle, so it sucks when I actually go for letters and they don't register because it's a risky shot.

#5299 1 year ago
Quoted from rawbars:

I had the carbon fiber Cliffy on my TWD premium prison magnet and I had to remove it. It made it the ball skip over the opto. I took it off and haven’t had a problem since. Also had to remove the carbon fiber Cliffy on my SM Doc Ock magnet. It made the ball skip over the optos and reject off of Doc Ock.

Thanks! I'll take it off and hopefully that solves it.

1 month later
#5397 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I like the shaker in metallica a lot more for some reason. It doesnt rattle like it did in TWD

Quoted from crwjumper:

Shaker moters make most pins rattle. I put them in every pin and love them. But the rattling makes me nuts. I use thin felt tape wherever there are rattles and eliminate them. Usually the pin will need it is strategic locations around the backglass and speaker panel. Many pins also need this in the glass channel. If you are patient this will pay off and make the shaker a must-have.

Another option is to get a motor speed controller to dial it down just enough to avoid the rattle. They're usually only about $10. My Red Tremor from Cointaker on my MET was WAY over the top! After using a speed controller, no more rattle.

amazon.com link »

2 months later
#5887 1 year ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

on my new premium my prison doors are taking about 4-5 shots to activate. i believe they needed adjusted somehow. ill hit them and nothing. then hit them nothing. then maybe on the third hit they respond.
anyone had to adjust them and how>?

Do you have a protector on the magnet? Even though it is thin, the ball can catch just enough air to go over the opto beam. I had to remove mine, and now all my prison shots register.

4 weeks later
#6020 1 year ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

To get siege i focus on getting prison multiball ready AND blood bath ready. I start prison multiball and only shoot up the middle for each zombie kill. You can hit ranps too but I find middle easiest fo focus on. When I lose one ball I initiate blood bath which brings them all back. Once the middle shots are all done, the riot shot lights fornsuper jackpot. Hit that and then you have to keep hitting CDC ramp and then zombie head. 6 more of those combos and I think you are done.
I am going by memory here but that is what I remember. The key for me is using blood bath to keep the multiball going. When you hit all the targets in bloodbath you add a ball and the ball save again. You should be able to get pretty close in one ball if you use the blood bath correctly and can make those shots.
Let the balls go down while ball save is on so you can focus on just one (or two) ball during ball save and just keep cranking it up the middle to the barn doors and then zombie head...
It’s not easy but super satisfying when you get it!

I finally reached SEIGE! Thanks to Pinchamp for the Blood Bath tip! This helped quite a bit. I think I had to start Prison MB three different times to get there, and I only had BB going during one of them, but it still helped me over the hump.

Now I can go back to focusing on multi-kills, Horde, and trying to reach LMS.

#6029 1 year ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Terminus tip of the day.
Warning a bit of a spoiler..
Terminus is started as the 6th mode by completing the drops again and making any shot to start the mode.
It consists of 5 times a hurryup value that counts down every time and can be made on every shot.
Once a shot is made, the value resets and starts counting down again. An already made shot cannot be used again.
1st hurryup value: 20% of the 5th mode
2nd hurryup value: 20% of the 4th mode + 20% of the 5th mode
3rd hurryup value: 20% of the 3rd mode + 20% of the 4th mode + 20% of the 5th mode
4th hurryup value: 20% of the 4th mode + 20% of the 3rd mode + 20% of the 4th mode + 20% of the 5th mode
5th hurryup value: 20% of the 5th mode + 20% of the 4th mode + 20% of the 3rd mode + 20% of the 4th mode + 20% of the 5th mode
So play your 5th mode big! As it counts in every hurry up value.
Actually during the 5th mode, every other shot adds value to the current mode value as all the shots from modes already played give/add you a 'past mode' value.
My strategy
I mostly light double playfield at the tower jackpot before I start.
Shoot CDC to start Terminus and directly I make the first hurry up in the riot shot so I get my double playfield going.
I then concentrate on the other shots but I try to get tunnel before the others.
On my last but one shot I go for a ramp so I can use my X multiplier to use on my very last hurry up and cash in big.
My x champ is currently at 350M+, and a terminus total of 600M+
TWD is such a good game . Noticed is it in the archives now at the Stern games page.

Thank you for this detailed and clear explanation! Understanding the nuances of these rules makes playing such a great game even better!

The first time I reached Terminus, I was timing out each of the modes, just to play it safe and get there. Now I know that playing at least modes 4 and 5 are extremely important to improving scores.

I bought my Pro toward the end of 2017, so I'm still trying to figure out some of these nuances. I still don't think I have a full understanding of the "x" multiplier on the inlanes, or how to build them by not using them. I also don't have a full understanding of the playfield 2x multiplier at the Riot shot.

#6032 1 year ago

http://tiltforums.com/t/walking-dead-wiki-rulesheet/122
This explains X and 2X and everything else you need to know.

Thanks for this reminder. I've re-visited this a few times when I've had questions about rules. My confusion about the "x" inlanes is knowing how high the multiplier has been built if you save it. Do you just keep tack in your head, or is there a way to know (does status report give this info?).

#6034 1 year ago

http://tiltforums.com/t/walking-dead-wiki-rulesheet/122
This explains X and 2X and everything else you need to know.

Ok, I played a bunch and tried to build the "x" before using it. This is a challenge to keep moving the lit insert, especially when the ball moves up the inlane from the flipper. Also difficult to manage during mb.

I have a much better understanding of it in theory, but I need to practice more to use it to my advantage.

When the ball does roll down the lit lane, the wiki rulesheet says it's the next shot only that gets the multiplier. Is there a timer on this if there are a few bricks?

#6036 1 year ago
Quoted from stevevt:

If there's a timer, it's very generous.
My understanding is that the next non-slingshot switch you hit gets multiplied. I've definitely pushed past 5 seconds with some horrific bricking into posts and then gotten the multiplied shot I wanted.

Thanks! I was going to ask about any switch, including slings.

2 weeks later
#6087 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Could someone post a photo of this decal that goes on the Woodbury drop target on the Prem/LE, so I know what I’m asking for when I speak to Stern later today and can add a photo with my email. Thanks.

At the top of each page is a "topic gallery," which shows every pic in a thread. I scrolled through the 14 pages and saw mostly blank drop targets on the Prem/LE pics. There were only a couple of pics that showed what looked like an industrial building and it was stamped decal #29. Hazoff posted a good pic in post #5571.

So, did the Premiums ship without a decal for a while, and now they do?

#6095 1 year ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Weird, I didn't know the modern sterns for europe still used mechanical game counters

Good eye! That is interesting.

#6102 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is there a list of mods for TWD anywhere?
Stern art blades are a must imo and I’m not usually a fan of lit speaker grills but the ones with Rick on the right and the zombie getting its brains blown out on the left are cool.
Who does the best crossbow?
Is there much other than those worth having?

At the bottom of each page are the mods in the marketplace for the title tagged in the thread. You could check those out. Besides those, you can see what mezelmods.com offers. I really like the prison tower.

Also...

ColorDMD
Cleland's sound changes
Stern's Bloody armor
Railroad Tracks on the left ramp return (not sure if user billsfanmd is still selling these)

1 week later
#6116 1 year ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I just got what I call horde fatigue this evening. Very long game and got horde twice. The first time went on forever and I finally escaped. Then on the same game I got it again, but I didn't have the same energy level that I had the first time and drained relatively quick. Does anyone else ever experience this problem? Couple that with sore wrists from lots of aggressive nudging and slapping. I ended up getting over 1.1 Billion (my new high score by miles and miles). Totally choked on Terminus (I always do) and still failed to get to LMS or siege (go figure). The score came mostly from horde. It was around 555 million. Horde is a battle that takes every bit of you to defeat. I honesty can't think of a mode in any other game that wears me down like it does.

I LOVE Horde!

1 month later
#6312 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Was about to ask same thing. How is it started?
And I occasionally noticed that I hit the prison door and do not get credited for a hit. Is there any way to adjust that?

Do you have a Cliffy on the magnet? If so, take it off. When this was suggested to me, I didn't think the Cliffy could make the ball lift high enough to miss the opto, but it does.

#6369 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Really? I feel I've been much closer to Valinor than LMS. LOTR allows players a lot of ball control, where TWD is nearly uncontrollable.

Although I have not yet reached LMS, I have come much closer than I ever did with LOTR. I've owned TWD for about 9 months, and I got 91 kills the other night, and I did this with one drop target not registering consistently (only able to start two modes and no Blood Bath). I attained multi-kills in other ways. I haven't done anything to change my outlanes, and I still seem to get more outlane drains than other games, but it doesn't seem to happen as often as it used to (or maybe I'm getting used to it)

I owned LOTR for over three years and never even sniffed Valinor. Although I had epic length games on LOTR, earning the Gift of the Elves seemed to make Valinor nearly impossible. That, and getting all Super Jackpots in all three MBs.

#6374 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

What level do you have your game set at? At 6.5 degrees it almost seems like there are strong magnets in the outlanes.

Level is 6.5. However, I forgot...I did change the outlanes. When I got home I looked, and I changed to star posts and adjusted as low as they would go.

1 week later
#6412 1 year ago
Quoted from TheWombat2430:

Hey guys! So I really want to get the most out of my shaker motor but man when it goes off, I feel like the glass is going to shatter. I’m getting a lot of rattle from the glass as well as the translite area. What is the best way to settle this down so I can enjoy the shaker and not have a heart attack every time it goes off? Thanks guys!!

My MET would shake the whole house. I tried electrical tape, and it helped a little, but became a PITA to remove the glass because it was so tight.

Someone suggested a motor speed controller from Amazon, and that worked like a charm! Easy to install and very inexpensive. I now have the shaker dialed to the perfect amount of shake.

RioRand™ Upgraded 6V-90V 15A DC Motor Pump Speed Controller amazon.com link »

#6420 1 year ago
Quoted from TheWombat2430:

The shaker I have from Cointaker is a regular one not a red tremor. Does this controller require any soldering or anything intricate? I am a bit of a newbie when it comes to making installations on my own. Thanks!

No need to solder. Strip the wires and clamp down with a screw driver. Look at the diagram fxdwg posted above.

1. You would cut the two wires coming off your shaker in a spot where you have enough slack to mount or set the speed controller.

2. Strip the cut wires from the shaker and clamp them at the appropriate +/- motor terminals.

3. Use the loose wires with the connector that you cut off by stripping the ends you cut, and attach them to the appropriate +/- power terminals.

4. Plug the connector back into the game.

20180515_054455 (resized).png

#6427 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Easier solution would be to sell the CT shaker and get the Pinball Life shaker.

Easier solution?

Remove old shaker, sell, package, ship, order new shaker, install.

or

Order speed controller, unplug shaker, snip, strip, screw, plug in shaker.

#6430 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Easy is relative. I would find it easier. Plus no need to order a mod for the mod, so cheaper too.

I understand guys are afraid to cut, strip, and connect wires. Without a basic understanding of how a circuit works, I wouldn't suggest anyone add the speed controller themselves. If the diagram fxdwg posted and the close-up pic of the controller I posted is still confusing to anyone, sell and get a new shaker.

Regarding cheaper...how much could someone get for a used CT shaker motor? New are the same price as a Pinball Life ($99). The speed controller is $12.99. Can you sell a CT shaker motor for $86 and break even?

1 week later
#6473 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

You get over 75k from the plunge so unless you're missing the pop bumpers and both upper lanes AND managing to validate the playfield on all three balls without scoring it's impossible to score that low.

I bet he means 75Mil

#6489 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

I'm pretty sure my B/W games show a separation between game started and games played.
So I guess this makes sense... I've had the game just over a month and was wondering how the hell I've played 600+ games.
Probably 400 restarts in that stat!
What causes most of the restarts is having a ball drop out of the tunnel exit after a ball save and go SDTM with zero chance of saving it.
Should it be this brutal? It happens pretty often.

You restart a game when this happens? Not judging, just curious. Do a lot of people do this? I have always set my games to "Never" on the game re-start setting, and I play everything out. Sometimes my goals and objectives change if I have a bad ball 1 and/or ball 2, but I would go insane deciding what criteria justified a re-start.

3 weeks later
#6635 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Is anyone running a coin taker red tremor shaker? Mine is crazy strong. Just ordered a small pot board to tune it down. Wondering if it is always like that.

I have a red tremor in my MET, and it shook like crazy until I installed a motor speed controller.

#6658 1 year ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

My MET & TWD premium both have red tremors. Way too strong. Where did you find a motor speed controller from?

RioRand™ Upgraded 6V-90V 15A DC Motor Pump Speed Controller amazon.com link »

1 week later
#6701 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

where can I download the code cleland?thanks

The links below should be directly to the posts where Cleland's most up to date LE and Pro codes are posted. You can choose between R-rated and PG-rated versions. There are also other versions throughout that thread where guys have taken the Cleland call outs and added some other music variations to some of the modes, like Nine Inch Nails, Slayer, Radiohead, and maybe some others. Check out the entire thread to see if any of those interest you.

Be sure to send Cleland a donation for his hard and amazing work!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09/page/22#post-4343927

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09/page/22#post-4340291

#6703 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

What is the difference between the versions?

R-rated has more curse words and would not be as "family friendly as the PG-rated.

#6715 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

I know a lot of people say that wizard modes for LOTR, MET, and Simpsons are among the most difficult to reach, but to me it feels like TWD is even harder (can't speak to Simpsons, as I've barely played it).
I've been a few shots away from Valinor, I'm pretty sure with a lot of time in I could possibly get to EOTL, but getting 115 walker kills in TWD seems impossible. My best is 74, and that is a game with two Hordes, Terminus, and just a lot of really good control.
Thoughts?

I owned LOTR and never even sniffed Valinor. I currently own TSPP and I don't know what's required for Super Duper Extreme Wizard Mode. I've owned MET since it was released, and I've completed 4 CIU modes a handful of times, so I foresee this as a possibility. I've owned TWD for less than a year, and my highest walker kill is 91. I did this with a drop target registering intermittently, which means I wasn't able to qualify multi-kills through mode completions. I see this as the easiest to reach out of the four mentioned

In order of difficulty:

1. Valinor
2. Super Duper Mega Extreme Wizard Mode
3. EOTL
4. LMS

1 month later
#6884 1 year ago

I just added the Carl Hat Flasher dome cover to my Pinside Shop. Also available at Mezelmods ($19).

Photo_2018-08-25_07-48-27_AM (resized).png
1 week later
#6901 1 year ago

I'm going to be adding some toppers to my Pinside Shop and Mezelmods soon. This is 2-piece, laser cut and powder-coated. The rgb topper light kit will be sold separately through Mezelmods.

I will have the following titles on release for $125 + shipping.

TWD (pics ready)
GOTG pics ready)
AS
ACDC
DP

BM66 will be $145 because it's 5 pieces.

2 weeks later
#6948 12 months ago

TWD Silhouette Toppers are now available in my Pinside shop, as well as Mezelmods. $125 plus shipping. Add an RGB lighting topper kit from Mezelmods for added effect. I think the topper light kits are around $35.

TWD Silhouette Topper (resized).jpgTWD Silhouette Topper with Light Kit (resized).jpg
#6968 12 months ago

So close to LMS! Can you collect walker kills while in Terminous? Terminous started when I thought I was already around 110. I made several shots while in Terminous and thought I was around 117 to 120. After I drained during Terminous, I showed only 113.
20180919_200847 (resized).jpg

#6970 12 months ago
Quoted from Damien:

That's damn close! What was the final score?
I've made it to 100 kills, and drained right before starting a MB that would have hopefully helped me get the remaining walkers. The part that kills me is that you still have to make that Woodbury shot to start LMS!

Score was only 781mil, but I was focused on walker kills the entire time, not multipliers and jackpots. LMS is the only part of the game I haven't reached.

#6973 12 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just a reminder. When you get 115 kills you’re not there yet. Have to hit the Woodbury shot to start.

Yes, I knew that, but would I need to get out of Terminous first? I thought I was over 115, even after a quick glance at the count between the slings, so I was thinking to let Terminous end. Turns out I wasn't at 115, which made me think I wasn't collecting kills during Terminous.

Quoted from Damien:

Have you been to Siege?

Yes, I've been to Seige once. I had to concentrate on making that my specific goal by utilizing Blood Bath. Now I'm focusing on multi-kills and getting to LMS.

1 month later
#7111 10 months ago
Quoted from PinRush72:

or I just slid my ***down your *** and you thanked me for it.... Damn i better not have any people with kids in my pin room LOL

You censored the word "throat" in your post?

#7116 10 months ago
Quoted from Goalie:

I wish one of the Mods places would make a fish tank topper, or if some one made 3D printed ones to sell. Stern Doesn't make it anymore and there are plenty off people still looking for one.

There is this one.

3605 (resized).jpeg
#7129 10 months ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Yeah it’s nice, but not as cool as a fish tank full of zombie heads.

True, but we were trying to come up with topper alternatives that are not in the $200 to $400 range, just to give customers some options.

2 months later
#7471 7 months ago
Quoted from clg:

Does anyone have the Cleland call outs with NIN music for a pro that they can share with me?

I think you have to send a DM to user Randomkg, but I'm not sure if he has both pro and prem/le versions.

You can follow the path from the topic index at the top of each page to get to the sound changes thread and different version in the key posts in that topic to find more info

3 weeks later
#7587 6 months ago

Just curious...why "Horde"? I watched the show as it came out, and I'm currently re-watching the entire series with my daughter, and the show never uses the term. It uses "herd" several times, but never "horde."

#7590 6 months ago

A Herd, also known as a Horde or a Swarm, is a large group of zombies.

I know what the word means. I was curious why they didn't use the word used in the show.

#7595 6 months ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Horde mode is also a popular video game mode, usually a mini-game, where you face an unlimited amount of enemies coming after you wave after wave. I'm guessing that might have influenced the name too. Thank god -- who wants Herd mode.

Thank you. Knowing there's an existing video game mode with that may have influenced it makes sense.

1 week later
#7607 6 months ago

Can someone with a prem/LE measure the depth of the aquarium from the backboard to the edge closest to the player?

20190306_191314 (resized).jpg
#7637 6 months ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah hitting it is one thing... but to do it cleanly enough so it doesn't get hung up and go to hell by the pops is another
THEN... if you do nail it - it flies back around the outlane at such speed that when you nail the combo on the right ramp it has the propensity to fly right off... the velocity is just that great.
I know the train track mod would fix that but I don't like the way it blocks so much light on the right side of the PF. Anybody make a clear guard that's unobtrusive?

The train track mod is on the return portion of the left ramp to the right of the right ramp. It's not on the right ramp (arena/fishtank/crossbow). That's the combo shot you're talking about, isn't it?

3 weeks later
#7671 5 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Hey gang,
Just joined the undead club.
My crossbow is sticking and doing some funky stuff. Can you guys take a look and let me know if my plastic coil sleeve is installed correctly?[quoted image]

I have the pro, so I can't help with the crossbow, but I heard you received a new topper in the mail. Happy with it?

#7673 5 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

It’s great! I ordered some matrix strips from Comet, so I’m looking forward to seeing it lit up.
My only question is the angle of the topper. It seems to sit back at about a 30 degree angle vs. sitting upright. Is this intentional?
The topper looks good from the front, but kind of strange when viewed from the side (like it’s tilting back).

Yes, the angle is intentional. I wasn't getting a good lighting effect with the LED strip with a 90 degree upright angle.

#7723 5 months ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Cool topper. I haven't seen that one before. Who's Sparky? Edit - Nevermind. Mezel Mods.

13 years on Pinside. Who's Sparky?

#7731 5 months ago
Quoted from Micky:

That looks really good!

I'm interested in one but do they travel well? I have gotten a few toppers from the states now that have been damaged in transit due to crap packaging/wrapping.

It's a two-piece powder coated metal. Not sure what could get damaged. I guess it could get sctatched, but not sure how. It will have bubble wrap around and between it. I'm sending a Metallica topper to Australia tomorrow.

2 weeks later
#7776 5 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

** An Upcoming Run of TWD Premiums From Stern? **
Who is hearing rumblings about a run of TWD's this spring/summer? Anyone? I was talking to another collector, telling him about my hunt for a HUO TWD, and he casually asked if I was hearing that a run of NIB games might be coming. I told him he was the first to mention it. Is he onto something? We did get a run of MET Premiums last summer, so why not some TWD's *this* summer? Who has the inside scoop?

You, apparently.

#7780 5 months ago
Quoted from pipes:

So something strange happened last night that I can’t figure out. Played a crappy game (extremely low score) but apparently good enough for 1st - WTF? Put my initials in and i was pretty much everything champ. Every single score had reset to default except for the GC. How does that happen? I played the night before and everything was there, no problem. Didn’t even touch the game and everything reset itself - and all but the GC!? Anyone have this happen? What could it be? I played for about an hour and I didn’t notice any weird stuff with the game other than that.

You can change this setting to "Off" if you don't want to lose the high scores.

Edit: Changed word used to "Off." Standard Adjustment #37

#7787 4 months ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

I'm at 1602 games since I installed the new code I don't want to lose my high scores where is this? Thanks

Standard Adjustment #37. You want "Off" not "Never." I think Bally/Williams games are "Never."

2 months later
#8004 75 days ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Ok. If I switch to Sterns most recent code, should I later want to switch back to Cleland...where do I find that? Since my game came with Cleland, I don't know where it came from.

Send Cleland a DM. He has the most recent code and will send you the dropbox link.

3 weeks later
#8091 54 days ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Hmmmm.... the one I bought a few weeks ago is lit with green LEDs. Do you mean a color other than green?

Mine is green also.

1 month later
#8251 16 days ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Still have a few numbers left. If anyone is interested pm me
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I love my pro blood. No regrets!

#8256 14 days ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Do you mind sharing a pic of your playfield with these gels on? I’m desperate for color! And I really don’t know anything about gels either or how they go in. Lol. I’ll search hobby lobby.

I bought a swatch of gel paper samples with hundreds of different colors about 6 years ago. I've used many different colors on different games, including defusing some GI bulbs that were too bright and shiny in my eye. With shipping, the swatch is about $15.

ebay.com link

1 week later
#8264 5 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

For these, do you wrap it around the bulb?

Quoted from crwjumper:

No, tape it to the underside of the playfield covering the insert.

For inserts, cover the underside of the insert. For blinding GI, you simply shield the bulb any way you want. You can wrap it around the bulb and tape it if that works for you. I would usually bend the gel paper into an L shape and put a nearby screw through it. Each area would be done a little differently.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Valencia, PA
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 26.50
$ 14.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside