IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1531 8 years ago

So, I don't like Walking Dead ( show ) , don't care for zombies, hate the red dmd panels ...............

But, I couldn't resist buying a HUO Premium! I did at least wait until code had got this far

I have played and owned so many games and hard to find a game that excites me recently. But this game is utterly immersive. Played a friend's pro and one game over 100 million and I was hooked. I haven't felt like this for ages. Read up on all the rules and Lyman's coding looks like genius at work.

I wasn't really bothered if I got pro or premium. Just happened premium showed up first.

Is there going to be one final code update on this game?

#1556 8 years ago
Quoted from craigj:

Thinking of joining TWD Club... with a purchase. Actually I am really stuck between deciding on several machines, Metallica, TWD Premium, Hobbit, WOZ. Are there any TWD owners that really regret their purchase, in regards to the Premium? I think it looks fun, but I don't have any opportunity to play it beforehand. I've heard the ball gets bounced around up top forever, much longer than it should. This next purchase will be my last for about 3 years, so I want to feel I got it right. Currently I own a Star Trek Pro with no regrets.

I had a Met pro - loved it, miss it really. But I did find the first few minutes or so of the game boring and then the game would build up in intensity and get good. I think WD is intense from the get go!

#1572 8 years ago

I know that last code update has made a huge difference to this game.

I am curious what the next/last? code update may have or what is lacking at the moment?

#1585 8 years ago

One thing I hate about Stern games is that the pop bumpers looks like Fisher price with the leds poking out of the top. I want to change my premium asap so was very pleased to see this Hooked mod. Way, way better!

1784203_orig.jpg1784203_orig.jpg

#1633 8 years ago

I like the pop bumper mod from Hooked as really dislike the cheap ones on the game.

Woodbury sign is good as well.

#1653 8 years ago

Anyone else have a shooter rod that doesn't pull back like a hot knife through butter?

Mine was awful, some of my 60 year old em's have a smoother action.

Anyway, took it off, buffed it and now it is smooth as it should be!

I kind of expect more from these expensive games on the QC side but the bottom line is that is such a good game to shoot.

#1654 8 years ago

So, I was asked what I did to my shooter and easiest to explain here. This works for me and I am sure there are other ways.

Anyways, I took out the shooter rod and put it in my cordless drill and then used 000 wire wool with metal polish. It really buffs it up super smooth and shiny.

It now works great.

Additionally to make it glide, add a tiny bit of super lube. Ideally shooters should run dry but components have to be super smooth and on my game this wasn't so.

I do this on em's and am now doing it on Sterns!

IMG_9350.JPGIMG_9350.JPG

synthetic-grease-3oz-tube.jpgsynthetic-grease-3oz-tube.jpg

#1656 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I wouldn't have lubed anything. That could gunk up in the future making the problem even worse. The buffing or a good cleaning should have been plenty.

Good point!

Well, as it happens I haven't added the super lube so might leave it as is as adding anything to 'dry' parts does cause future issues.

#1667 8 years ago
Quoted from Robotronx:

I joined the club today! I picked up this Premium off a fellow pinsider and am loving it so far. Not enough time for me just to play these three. The game does have a couple of small issues I need to take care of. First the bicycle girl ramp does not quite sit down all the way...there is a small gap between it and the playfield. Is this normal? I am guessing not. Also the plunger sits too far back and the ball launch is weak. The seller told me there are instructions it fix that on pinside I just need to start reading up on it. Now to learn the rules and start adding mods.

20160131_183907_(resized).jpg20160131_231115_(resized).jpg

Setting my premium up and also noticed bicycle girl ramp does not sit flush? Any suggestions? Just have factory mylar underneath.

#1669 8 years ago

Where did you buy it? I can't seem to find on Cliffy's site and have bought direct from him before?

#1676 8 years ago

So, I am in the minority finding Sterns too bright but in keeping with the dark theme, made a few adjustments. The 2 lights near prison are way bright so put purple film underneath so yes they are purple now but a bit more muted.

And probably sacrilege but changed out all the mega bright white led flashers to old fashioned incandescent 89's!! All reversible so next owner can reverse!

Also is it normal for ball to go so fast on right ramp it then jumps across and starts the crossbow?

IMG_9355.JPGIMG_9355.JPG

#1681 8 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Are you sure the crossbow light isn't lit when this happens? You load the bow from the right ramp.
Actually a better question is, does the crossbow animation and sequence start when the bow moves out to shoot? If so then the light was on, if not and the bow just shoots at position one then it wasn't ready to be loaded.

Thanks - I have no idea if light was on but there are 5 or so yellow inserts to shoot so now guessing, it works as it should do. Game is so fast it is all a bit of a blur!

One aspect that is annoying is that ball sticks on well walker magnet and then drops STDM! I can't think of a solution yet.

#1684 8 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

What I did but it was the prison for me, was loosen the nut underneath and 1/4 turn the magnet core and then tightened it again. Remember you don't want the magnet to high or low from the playfield so go in the direction that is best for the setting it is at now.

Will try, thanks.

Quoted from bigd1979:

Wow thats a first? Mine drops it nicely to the right flipper. Its crazy how some machines magnet and pop area drop it right down the middle and others rarely do. Im so glad mine is pretty nice to me on that note ,however the left outlane is the meanest ive ever encountered and I really need to change the factory setting lol

Think I will also get the spirit level out to try ands figure it out if this is not a common issue!

So far this game is like BSD on speed!

#1690 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

http://www.passionforpinball.com/twd.htm

Curious will the BG ramp dimple the cliffy without a little piece of foam on it?

image_(resized).png

Thanks - ordered.

Quoted from kpg:I have about 100 games or less on my Cliffy BG ramp protector and its dimpled and pretty beat up, but you only see that when the ramp lifts. When it is down it looks perfect. But it really takes a beating instead of the play field which is the point.

Actually ordered 2 as no harm in having a spare at $8.50 a piece.

#1710 8 years ago

STDM on prison magnet is a pain for sure.

Set up my game to be factory on everything for now.

Game is hard but after owning IM, I rate it easier for sure.

I 'accidentally' ended up with a premium as probably would have gone pro.

But, the lighting draws me in and nice to get clues what to shoot!

Early days but for me this has potential to be my my favorite Stern ever.

#1735 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

1) yes proper nudging and pulsing can help mitigate a lot of STDMs
2)
kpg (nice initials...) and others have you set it up with a steep pitch and left lean? 6.6 to 6.8 and maybe .1 to .2 fade to the left.
fwiw my issue with the game is how insanely fast the slings are and how they're angled. sometimes it end up in the slings BANG BANG BANG BACK AND FORTH after made shots and goes back and forth so quickly and then teleports into an outlane. nobody is nudging that back into control.

Brutal games have huge longevity in the home

Is it so brutal because rules are pretty deep?

I have longer ball times on this game than games like IM, BSD, AV.

#1744 8 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

I agree IM and BSD are harder, and FT is too.
TWD is about on a par with Tron for ball times.
Lots of high risk shots on TWD, especially on the LE/Premium.
Prison and prison magnet often go SDTM, bicycle girl often rebounds SDTM, a missed crossbow shot can be an instant drain (a ball save would help there), and the return from the pops also often heads SDTM, but I can usually avoid this one with a slight nudge.
Well walker magnet is also risky as it sends the ball out of control. The target bank is a high risk/high reward shot too.

I don't mind being punished for missed shots but had one game where prison magnet threw every ball SDTM! That is harsh

I guess it is an apocalyptic world so shit happens!!

#1748 8 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

KPG, I feel we're suffering the same deal , some machines really suck, but try to stick with it, you will get better, and you will have to fight it harder. mine also gives me the cheapest of cheap drains, I can score a 400 plus game, the next, I'm left with a score below 10.. go figure..?! same machine , same player, shitty magnets.. especially that well -f#@cker! Prison drops it straight down the middle too, I've considered disabling both to make it less luck based, as they don't do much really for play, or try to adjust the cores like described.
In any case, hang in there, been at the selling/burning/throwing of a building stage before with the the thing myself, but a few months on, its a favorite, but not for friends or family , that won't change I think

No, got to keep game as it is. Man, if you can score 400 million plus, you are doing something right! Haven't got anywhere near that yet.

Pinball was always meant to have an element of chance in it. Games would be boring if no chance/luck at all.

I was getting fairly bored of the latest games but this game is like nothing I have played before.

I think over the next few years this will be rated more and more as an absolute classic.

And if Lyman keeps polishing the code, it could get better yet.

#1786 8 years ago

I am no idea how on earth this shaker motor fits in the premium? It fitted in IM and Metallica but as photo shows there does not appear to be room for it to fit? No way can I get plastic cover on with the counter where it is.....

Any suggestions please??

IMG_9361.JPGIMG_9361.JPG

#1790 8 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

What do you have a counter for? Did you buy this from an op? Just move it or get rid of it.

I have no idea re counter - presume they are all like this from factory?

Thanks - at least I now know to take it out

#1792 8 years ago

Fitted now

Really great , essential mod for this game.

#1843 8 years ago

Still wondering if there is going to be one more code update?

1 week later
#1954 8 years ago

Did I read a mod to help stop SDTM out of the pops? A thicker post rubber or something?

The game seems to have gotten harder since I got it so starting to look at ways to make a bit easier.

#1960 8 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

thanks for the feedback. I have been apprehensive as my last upgrade from st pro to premium sucked and i sold the premium about a month later. Mainly due to the boring code and medals garbage which obviously isnt a problem with this game. I do prefer the pro bg ramp over the bash toy but thats not a deal breaker.
thanks again

Remember there is an option to disable BG and so it behaves like the pro.

#1969 8 years ago

So, whilst loving the game there are a few things that are driving me nuts!

The biggest issue is the SDTM from the pops.

I added this rubber which stops the balls that stick to the side.

Just wondering on how level to make the pf?

My game is set at 6.8 degree pitch measured by flippers.

IMG_9421.JPGIMG_9421.JPG

#1978 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Lean the machine to the left .2 degrees, and put a larger rubber on the post- the one shown here is too small. That should help a lot

Do you know the exact rubber as I don't have any that will fit?

And will try the 0.2 suggestion.

Thanks

#1979 8 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

Just joined the club too. One question/problem: my left ramp (on the premium) rejects a lot of balls. I presume this is because the plastic ramp part sits a bit higher than the BG ramp flap (where the two meet) which it hits and stops the ball. Is there a fix to make the two flush? Is this a common issue?

I just ordered from Cliffy. He ran out but back in stock now. Hoping it makes a big difference.

#1983 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You need to drop the left leg a hair. A tiny difference will make a huge impact!
I haven't had drains for over a year now. Yes it's much more fun without the aggravation.
The thicker post help but it does make the tunnel shot a tad bit more difficult.
Forget the level. Reach down for a few turns of the left leg to lower it and walla

I just did what you both suggested - so far it really seems to have made a big difference!

Thanks

So important to get this game dialed in.

#2040 8 years ago

Oh boy, I feel your pain. Very frustrating indeed.

I added the cliffy under the BG ramp today. Hit a good ramp shot and very smooth.

But miss it a bit to the right and still big air balls.

And I have this bit above my ramp and I don't see this on other games......black wire ...... is this a mod of some kind?

IMG_9432.JPGIMG_9432.JPG

IMG_9431.JPGIMG_9431.JPG

#2048 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Looks like that might be a BG light mod - different than mine though, but clearly its a mod of some sort. Does your BG head light up when the ramp lifts? If so, thats what it is..

That would make sense but it doesn't seem to do anything at all.

I now think it is a BG mod - I just need to plug it in.

Quoted from sparechange1974:

Noticed something in your picture(post 2038), but its hard to tell from my perspective. I was experiencing a lot of air balls coming from the upper right side of the ramp. This was as a result of a lip that was formed, especially when it was off to the right. When the pinball hit the upper right side it would pop off the lip and ... Another pinsider suggested to place a washer under the upper part of ramp on right side. Well, it worked and there is no more lip for the pinball to hit and its pretty smooth now. Not sure if you're experiencing, but saw the lip so I though I would mention

Picture would be good if possible.

#2055 8 years ago

So, I did a few more air ball tests. After reading some of the above posts I do not want to take anything apart!

Anyway I put a piece of mylar here.

I just did a test and hit 20 clean ramp shots with no air balls.

Something to think about, maybe add a rectangular piece?

IMG_9433.JPGIMG_9433.JPG

#2097 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

X feature Multiplies the next shot immediately after being activated by the lit x inlane. (I'm assuming shot means the next switch activated). The multiple of x increases (2x, 3x, 4x etc) for every 2 regular walker kills/shots (first 2 kills makes 2x, then every 2 kills adds 1x) until it is cashed in. Then it returns back to 2x once cashed in. So ideally, you want to build up x and save it until you have a big shot (jackpot, multikill, or dead feature for example).
The 2x playfield (tower shot) also multiplies the x value. So if you had 5x on x and 2x playfield also running, you would get a huge 10x!
Most likely you cashed in a larger x value to get your x champion shot.

Wow, that adds to this game big time - some insane multiplier combos.

How do you get the 2 times p/f multiplier ? I see it come on but no idea how I get it!

And when lit, do you hit it first and then collect lane multiplier and then go for Barn or whatever you have?

#2131 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Oh yeah, it's possible. Tunnel and Riot ramp are very tough but possible as well. Huge build up points but not really in the grand scheme of things.
The key is getting prison MB and BB stacked a couple of times. Siege is a bitch to get. If you can stack a BB Multi with Terminus and a mode it can rack up a monster score.
So many ways, so many things, one of the best pins ever.

And best way to get Terminus?

Quoted from iceman44:

Nope, no wear at all on mine, well over a year. Gonna drop mylar down at some point.
Just rolled over the score on TWD tonight! Ended with an extra 1.8 Billion
Hit 1.2 Billion on Escape from Terminus

And how do you get over a billion on one mode??!!!

2 weeks later
#2187 8 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

The crossbow has very low tolerance. I simply added some plastic protectors on my outlanes only to discover that the crossbow could no longer sweep out because it was hitting the protector. It was then that I realized that the crossbow (stock) barely clears the stock plastic. I mean it doesn't even have a .5 mm to spare. I had to grind the protector on that side back so it would clear. Also, at times the ball doesn't fully seat, so then you cannot fire on the initial sweep out, only on the return. That happens about 1 out of 5 times.

Strange how different games react different. That has never happened with my crossbow.

1 week later
#2294 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

So then it's better at some point during Horde to just cradle the ball and let yourself get bit than to keep on shooting until it drains? That does seem like a pretty big flaw. It's still a damn cool mode, though. So much fun!

Not gotten this mode yet - it sure ain't easy!

#2299 8 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I've been to horde a couple of times, I can't get to siege and forget last man standing...not even close.
What I have do to get to horde is focus on some of the easier things first to get multikills. Collecting fish tank heads its easy enough to just keep looping the right ramp as that is IMO the safest shot in the game (if there is one) Hit bycicle girl a few times for another. Then if you can get prison mulitball and bloodbath going in tandem for a little bit (just keep the balls alive and smack them around like crazy, slanting as many as possible over to the target bank), it seems like I can fill up the other multikills quickly from random shots during this insanity. If I try to collect multikills from just starting and doing well at dead features, forget it.

Will try this - been trying one by one. Didn't know fish tank led to a multikill.

#2368 8 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Yes, its actually a fairly easy and straight forward to install. If I remember correctly, just remove the air-ball plastic towards the bottom or ramp(two screws) and remove the two Philips head at the top of the ramp(where my finger was pointing in post 2050). I think I used 1 washer, but only needed it on the right side. The most frustrating part of this was keeping the washer in place when putting the ramp back. I think I may have used some tape or something tacky to keep the washer in place after having it drop a few times.

Back to the BG ramp and air balls......

So, mine does not line up here.

2 different types of screws as seen.

Now, how to remove and then add washer and get screws back in and the whole area is boxed in?

I do not want to attempt this until I am sure others have done it and it works and easy to get screws back in!

Lower on right side.

IMG_9515.JPGIMG_9515.JPG

#2370 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Hey guys, I am way late to the party and just order my game yesterday. I played a friend's WD over the weekend and fell in love with this machine. It might have been the drinks but this may be Sterns finest effort in many years. IMO
I'm more than a year and approaching 2400 comments behind in this thread. Any help to bring me up to speed on game play, fixes or anything related is appreciated.
I will thank you in advance and/or apologize for disrupting the thread.

Same thing happened to me, except only drank coffee! For me, this could be best Stern ever.

#2375 8 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

There is a MUCH simpler and better way to fix the BG ramp air balls.
Just order a 4" hex standoff and replace the one that supports the right side of the ramp. Marco Specialties carries them. I THINK it's this part, (http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/254-5018-03) but check the dimensions to be sure. I'm at work and can't measure right now. This lowers the ramp to the correct height - almost. I put in a standard washer between the standoff and the ramp and the height is now perfect.

Any pics?

Thanks

#2445 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I have modified Eskaybee (SKB's) modified show sound file using Pinball Browser, but added a few more show sounds. I've tried Cleland and Milhouse's, and they were too heavy on show sounds. This version retains a lot of factory call-outs that relate to the gameplay, but adds in quite a few show sounds that make sense to play without removing instructional call outs.
Changes from original SKB version to note:
*Changed gameplay music to a Walked Dead remix - in person the music sounds much higher quality then the original Stern mix
*Changed crossbow music
*Changed music for Woodbury shot to more upbeat music that says "Welcome to Woodbury" when it starts up
*Added various Daryl, Michonne, Abraham, Eugene and Rick callouts
*Added Negan's whistle sound when draining in outlanes (a few varients also in gameplay, but not overdone)
LINK TO v1.56 MODIFIED CODE (For PREMIUM/LE machines ONLY): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23412786/TWD/TWD156LE_KPG.BIN
Here is a video of it in action: » YouTube video

Tempted to try this at some point just to change things up.

Do you put it on a memory stick same way as Stern updates?

And where is the Cleland link as I don't have it downloaded other than on the game?

#2466 8 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

If there is anyone out there on the fence with respect to Gnassels BG light... get off your ass and buy it. It is extremely well built, works exactly the way it should have from the factory, makes a bland area of the playfield brighter and interactive, and he has improved its function from his earlier version. Seriously it is well worth the cost. Its a MUST have mod for a TWD prem / LE.

Do any of the leds directly shine into players eyes? Not a fan of that. Can't work out from video where the leds are.

#2514 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

That is because you lit up something that you already completed. For example, you completed "food", and as the light pulsed around the 3 options, you stopped it on "food" after it had already been completed. Stop it on weapons or medical, and the dead features should re-activate

Not sure what you mean here? How do you stop it on weapons or medical?

1 week later
#2582 8 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

When a euphoric idea turns into hours of obsessive work, i bring you :
» YouTube video
Walking Dead TOOL Edition
Slayer Next?

Cool!

Its like having a new game. So different.

Also, how is it so red etc?

Is there a link to download?

#2610 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

On my machine when the ball drop down from the left lane after you plunge it, the pop bumber doesn't always fire. After looking at it there is a screw in the playfield in front of the pop bumber and I think that the ball is hitting that instead of the pop bumber. Does your guys machine have this screw in the playfield? What is it even there for? Kind of frustrating.....

Mine had this fault. I had to gap the switch real tight and so now it hardly does it - still does occasionally. I wondered why I couldn't fix it 100%.

And I can see the screw now! How dumb to put a screw there.....

I guess the answer is to put a flat head screw there instead?

If anyone knows the exact size please post.

IMG_9595.JPGIMG_9595.JPG

#2614 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I removed my screw.
your pitch, balance (leveling) of the game will also contribute to the ball getting stuck there. it's super easy to remove the screw- might as well try.

Just took mine out - all the time I spent trying to get this pop to work and all I had to do was remove a screw

#2624 7 years ago
Quoted from system11:

Can the ball roll over the screw hole? If so might be worth filling or putting a spot of mylar over.

Not really but good idea to cover with small circular mylar circle which I have done.

2 weeks later
#2696 7 years ago

Love the premium as inserts change colors and sometimes no idea why! Usually means insane points

Sometimes inserts go green but not figured out why...

This game doesn't get old like 95% of games I have owned.

2 weeks later
#2749 7 years ago

I was thinking about air balls on BG ramp. I am sure the 2 rivets on the ramp flap contribute.

Any way of making it 100% flat?

IMG_9635_(resized).JPGIMG_9635_(resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#2887 7 years ago

Anyone help here?

My Premium just started acting strangely.

In attract mode and during the game it is like all the lights are flickering way too fast now?

I have zero clue what it might be.

#2889 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Same thing happened to me. It was after I installed a mod and lifted the playfield so I assumed that either something came loose or detached. I lifted the playfield and made sure all the connections were seated and that did the trick. I cant remember if it was any connection in particular. Good Luck

Funnily enough it occurred after I had lifted p/f up and I did check all connections.

But after reading your post I left the game on and went through them again and a wiggle on one of the connectors on the main black board did the trick.

Thanks

#2891 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Had a similar thing happen - some of the inserts began flashing really fast and strange colours. Was after installing a mod and also installing the topper at the same time. Reseated a heap of connectors under the pf and completely reseated all the topper connectors and it went away. Still not 100% sure if it was the mod or the topper. Do you have the topper installed?

That sounds same as what happened on mine.

No topper.

Did install BG mod a few weeks ago though.

#2895 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

This is a known issue. I had it too. Did you ever get the upgraded power wire for the insert lighting? You can try making sure that the connector on the pcb board under the pf has not come loose. Take it off and put it back on. For me, this was only a temporary solution until I got the replacement wire from Stern.
Edit: link to one of the threads discussing this (and there is a link in this thread to a thread made prior to that one):
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-le-lights-going-crazy

Ok, thanks - good info.

And when I looked under my p/f it was this wire I jiggled and problem went away for now.

Is there a part number for upgraded wire? Looks a bear to fit as those disappear into the loom never to be seen again?!

IMG_9679_(resized).JPGIMG_9679_(resized).JPG

#2904 7 years ago

Another issue - minor.

Sometimes before a ball has appeared 250000 scored.

I realised it must be a switch of Well Walker when it went into multiball and I hadn't even hit it.

Is it any easy switch adjustment? Anyone done anything similar? Thought would ask before altering anything.

1 week later
#2949 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

When a euphoric idea turns into hours of obsessive work, i bring you :
» YouTube video
Walking Dead TOOL Edition
Slayer Next?

Finally put this on my game. Never heard of TOOL before but it's like having a new game. Really enjoying it. So different to any other version.

2 months later
#3378 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah I did the film thing too... added red sparingly on bloodbath, horde and Woodbury (to balance it out). I was going to add more colors but then decided I didn't want this particular machine to get too "cheerful". And as you pointed out... some of the film colors do noticeably dim the inserts.

Did the same but only white to be a diffuser as lights were too bright and so now look normal.

#3380 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Hmmm. Pretty clever. This is my first new Stern in years so I'm still enjoying the blinding light show in the dark...but that would be something to consider in the future.
To do *every* insert though... that must have taken you some time.

Did take some time but I cut out shapes that went under the whole light boards - so about 6 cut outs from memory.

Result is the inserts look softer and you can't see those horrible pin points of bright led light.

2 months later
#3752 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wanted to through a question out there to all the TWD owners, might help me make a sold decision again on a TWD.
How do current TWD owners rate the Pro vs Prem/LE? I know over in the Star Trek threads a lot of people feel the prem and especially the LE feel like worthy upgrades, as a result I pulled the trigger on an LE, but what would be the answer of that question with TWD owners? I had a premium coming that fell through when seller sold from under me to someone else even after I sent a deposit, oh well sh*t happens, I now have another lined up but also got offered a pro and now I am looking between the two like watching a game of tennis trying to decide which to pull the trigger on

Pro is great.

Premium/LE is better for sure as the color RGB's add a huge amount to the game, as do walker bombs.

Is it worth it? Well, depends on the deals you can get and if the game will be kept for a longish period of time.

I went premium - no regrets. One of the very few games I haven't ever considered selling.

2 weeks later
#3825 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Is it a cointaker shaker?
That thing is F'n worthless in TWD
Its stupid how much it shakes. My playfield glass & translite sound like they're going to break. It's the worst mod I've ever done in my life lol.
I turned it off. Good thing I hate money & cool shit.

I have Stern shaker, on minimum setting and it's just right.

1 month later
#3929 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

That's how I play it. I should write out a full tutorial. Horde is played cradling 1 ball. With the other ball get it to 1 or two shots remaining to fly the helicopter, then hit the drops to get extra bombs, and concentrate on the playfield multiplier targets then the 2x playfield shot until you get to 10 for the extra ball. This same strategy is done with the well walker and barn walker bombs. Of course, the pro model doesn't have the bombs, which makes the pro much harder than the LE or premium. Getting to LMS on a pro must be quite a feat. As far as the multi kills, I have them factory set, but that makes little difference. Even at the harder multi kill settings, I can easily achieve them. It's kind of like changing the first extra ball from 5 kills to 15 kills. Either way, you will get that extra ball on your way to LMS.

Can Horde be finished as heard it just goes on until ball drains?

1 month later
#4162 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Looked it up and you are correct.
At the end they mention that the game "rolls over" at around 4.2 or 4.3 billion. I can't believe that a modern pin can be rolled like that. Weird and disappointing.
My prior high score (from the first time I got to LMS and defeated it) was 3.85 billion.
I wonder what my score was?
» YouTube video

Has to be a bug.

Worth dropping Stern an email as there is supposed to be one final update.

Guessing Lyman knows about it but ya never know!

#4174 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I should add- I'm pretty damn good at the game, get to Horde fairly regularly. I've asked this before and ppl always bring up multipliers and tower 2x. But that only goes so far when balls want to say bye bye. I'm on factory. I Get 100-200M all the time but this 4B is just in the clouds to me. Kudos to those who can pull it off.
Seeing pics of scores in this range make me a lot less impressed with Keith to be honest. I thought he was one of a kind, but apparently there are more of you out there.

But remember many alter their games to make it easier - settings, more balls, bringing in outlanes. So, it can be like comparing apples to oranges.

#4189 7 years ago

One shot 282,000,000! Wow!

TWD is way better than I ever thought and I need to play way better.......

3 weeks later
#4305 7 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

That sucks, man. Yeah, there should be two of 'em.

Why are they called blades as most of these 'blades' are just stickers?

Or are people making them out of different material now?

Curious as fancy adding them but not if they are only stickers.

#4329 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

anyone had random activations of the well walker? notably when the ball is in the pops?

Yes, I had to adjust the micro switch to make sure it was less sensitive. If you bang playfield with hand and wellwalker activates, you need to adjust!

#4341 7 years ago

My Wellwalker magnet seems underpowered compared to some I have seen - is it adjustable? Thanks

#4349 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That makes sense, but it still doesn't explain why some games simply get way more action overall from that magnet than others.

Yes, baffled as some games throw the ball around and others don't - if there is no menu setting, no idea why this is or if/how it can be altered!

#4351 7 years ago

I just took my glass off to watch closely magnet action. I triggered both prison and wellwalker MB but magnets appearing to do nothing at all. They used to work that is for sure.

I am now wondering if they aren't working? They are not disabled in the menu.

Any ideas what to check??

#4352 7 years ago

Update.

F7 blown!

So, if magnets don't seem to be working check this fuse.

Slow blow 4A to replace.

IMG_1032 (resized).JPGIMG_1032 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#4408 7 years ago

So, replaced my magnets fuse. 4A. After 10 games it has blown again.

Any ideas why?

Thanks

#4411 7 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Did you make sure to get "Slow Blow"?

Yes, thanks.

Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Your circuit is drawing more than 4 amps of current. Burnt connector causing high resistance somewhere? Cracked solder joint?

Well, wouldn't know where to look but if it keeps doing it, guess I will have to!

1 week later
#4439 7 years ago

So, had the game well over a year and still unclear how to best use multipliers and combine with 2x playfield?

Anyone have a quick explanation for best use of multipliers on this game?

Thanks

#4441 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Easy. Save them for a valuable shot and don't miss the valuable shot. Or if you have a walker bomb ready save it for the super jackpot of that multiball and use it after rolling through the inlane X.
I always use the multipliers on the final shot of CDC, or during tunnel, or during Barn or riot. Not really worth it in arena.

I thought the walker bombs were just used to start a multiball after draining a ball?

So, get SJ, then inlane X, hit walker bomb.... what happens as a result of this?

#4461 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Anyone ever video the led colordmd?

I should have but don't have it now.

Didn't like how it looks off or on.

Shame as the fit is perfect compared to the LCD.

I went back to HIRES LCD.

#4490 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I have both, and I prefer the LCD as well.

I put LED in because the fit is just fantastic.

But didn't like the look of it with game switched off and just couldn't adjust the brightness to my satisfaction.

The LCD is a clunky fit but HIRES LCD does look excellent.

I so wanted to love LED but it's LCD for me from now on.

#4497 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

What is the problem with the LED when it is switched off?

Just personal preference. I like the total blackness of the LCD.

3 weeks later
#4533 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Curious to know which you prefer in a few weeks time. I've got a TWD-LE, the only TWD I could find at the time, and just don't enjoy the theme at all. Had considered a trade offer for MET Prem/LE, even though it may not be as great a coded game, I might just prefer playing it!

Theme is important for sure.

I prefer MET over TWD theme wise but gameplay better on TWD.

Why?

TWD - there is no chopping wood, it is action/intensity from the first second.

MET - I found the first few minutes a little dull as I was just wanting to start CIU. CIU is totally awesome!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 8.95
$ 16.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=shapeshifter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.