Topic Stats

• 8,551 posts
  • 568 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 201 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,451 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMGA0114 (resized).JPG
IMG_4039 (resized).JPG
TWD art blades (resized).jpg
e grass (resized).jpg
zomheads (resized).jpg
s-l1600[2] (resized).jpg
twd pf (resized).jpg
2bcea80b978cd5536caec2e5853a5665c15c2bb6 (resized).jpg
IMGA0106 (resized).JPG
IMGA0103 (resized).JPG
IMGA0105 (resized).JPG
IMGA0104 (resized).JPG
IMGA0098 (resized).JPG
IMGA0101 (resized).JPG
AF54D1D5-3B2F-4A57-B02F-1914AF1DBBC8 (resized).jpeg
twd trmp pst (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (4 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (4 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (4 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (3 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rum-z.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7978 4 months ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Yes. I switched the GI over to all Comet Sunlight and it is way better.

I just joined the TWD club when I welcomed a pro version into my game room a week ago. I'm loving the game so far. I mean, it's kicking my butt, but the way it plays really suits the theme as you're constantly struggling to survive, so IMO they nailed it. I was just going to comment on the lighting though, as I just ordered all warm white for the GI from Comet as the cold white that came with it seemed to clash with the mostly warm toned art on the playfield and plastics. I think Comet's warm or sunlight LEDs (anything with a warmer spectrum) will do wonders.

#8002 4 months ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Finished my bulb swap last night. It really did only take 20 minutes or so.
OMG it is like NIGHT and DAY, replacing the stock GI with warm white bulbs! The game looks SO MUCH BETTER! I also put a few red accents here and there, and I am very happy with the results.
Highly recommend this inexpensive upgrade for Walking Dead Pro machines!

I did my TWD Pro last night as well in warm whites. Looks like it should've came this way from Stern. It just suits the color pallet waaaayyyyy better than cold white.

2 weeks later
#8036 3 months ago
Quoted from embryon:

Hi need to remove the metal bracket to replace with the menzel door roof mod. How do you remove the nyliners? Thanks

I didn't transfer over the Nyliners, and I don't think it's intended that you do so. I simply swapped out the existing bracket with Nyliners for the Mezel roof mod. It's worked great since. The door shafts don't rotate that much, and I think the plastic material used in the roof mod 3D printing makes for an acceptable bearing material for the application.

#8075 3 months ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Anything else I should consider?

I will say that I really like the Mezelmods Pro aquarium light mod. It easily lets you know how many heads you've collected in each aquarium. Collect enough heads to fill up 3 aquariums and you start a Multikill, which is one step closer to getting to Horde Mode. Looks like it's out of stock now. You could get on the waiting list. Trust me, it's cool! https://mezelmods.com/collections/walking-dead-pinball-mods/products/illuminated-fish-tank-walking-dead-pro

#8090 3 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

The one thing I dont like about that is the color. I believe I asked them years ago about that and they said they cannot offer in green.

Hmmmm.... the one I bought a few weeks ago is lit with green LEDs. Do you mean a color other than green?

1 week later
#8128 3 months ago

I recently bought a machine where there previous owner applied the bloody hand prints and blood splatter decals. He put them under the glass. It's actually a cool thing on this game as long as they don't cover any shots or inserts.

2 weeks later
#8187 85 days ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

The thing is that most people don't focus on jackpots alone but combine a mode in prison multiball, and start shooting the mode shots instead of the jackpots.

That's what I've been doing and I get almost nowhere in my progression towards Siege. I gotta change that and just focus on Prison multiball progression.

#8195 85 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Seriously. I have no clue how people get the 115 kills or whatever. Actually, on this machine especially, I feel like others are far and away better than I am at the game. I find this table very difficult.

I managed to get to 94 kills last month. I got to 90 and was so excited that I was that close to LMS, then I botched it, drained a couple of balls, and it was game over. I made it that far by managing to string together several Multi-Kills which were constantly running pretty much my whole game and through Well Walker, Prison, and Blood Bath multiballs. With the lit Multi-Kill shots you get 2 walker kills at once, so I must've hit a lot of those shots during the multiballs.

#8201 85 days ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I hit 115 last month and missed the final shot to start LMS! That's my worst pinball moment, right beside being one shot away from getting to Valinor and draining.

Unfortunate luck on both accounts, but that makes for a pretty cool pinball story. It's kind of like the pinball equivalent of the early 90's Buffalo Bills going to 4 consecutive Super Bowls and never winning, LOL.

#8213 85 days ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

As a lifelong Bills fan, I had to downvote that comment if for nothing more than the bad memories you brought back.

LOL, sorry man. Admittedly, I could have used a sports/life comparison less traumatizing to Bills fans.

3 weeks later
#8260 63 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Does anyone know where you can find a Stern Topper for TWD?

I thought they were long sold out, but it would be interesting to see if anybody chimes in with info. I wish Stern would re-run some toppers for games like TWD, GB, and KISS, for guys like me who buy topperless machines a few years after production ends. I guess I could just randomly buy new Stern toppers for machines I don't have at the time, just in case I buy a machine that needs one down the road, LOL.

1 month later
#8403 19 days ago

Is there any way in settings to extend the time the machine waits before it starts a ball search? Often when I'm shooting for the Supply/Weapon/Food drops, there'll be a long time in between any switch hits, and a lot of times I'll have one drop target left standing, and all of a sudden the effing machine will do a ball search and reset all the drop targets which infuriates me, hahaha. I bet there's nothing I can do other than if I think I'm getting close to a ball search, try to shoot a ramp before the search. I can't be alone on this, or am I?

#8406 19 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I've had it happen to me once or twice. The only thing I can think of is...PLAY BETTER!

LOL, I agree that playing better would solve it.

#8409 18 days ago
Quoted from pintuck:

Was thinking about adding a spinner to my Pro Barn left loop.
If I do, then what would I tie the spinner switch too?

I thought about doing this and trying to tie it into pop bumper hits. Seems like that would work great for Riot mode if possible.

#8428 16 days ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Just doublecheck if you hook up the spinner to anything that this doesn't 'break' your x shot value.
For example if you want to 'X' the left loop shot when playing barn mode... hitting the spinner earlier might make the game think another shot was made so not awarding the multiplied barn shot from the X inlane.

That exact scenario would probably happen now that you mention it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Santa Ana, CA
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rum-z.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside