Topic Stats

• 8,643 posts
  • 574 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 minutes ago by Captainhook
  • Topic is favorited by 202 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,456 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191213_221034 (resized).jpg
2019-11-23 (resized).jpg
TWD TRA (resized).jpg
20191120_170943 (resized).jpg
20190619_205908-1 (resized).jpg
IMGA0114 (resized).JPG
IMG_4039 (resized).JPG
TWD art blades (resized).jpg
e grass (resized).jpg
zomheads (resized).jpg
s-l1600[2] (resized).jpg
twd pf (resized).jpg
2bcea80b978cd5536caec2e5853a5665c15c2bb6 (resized).jpg
IMGA0106 (resized).JPG
IMGA0103 (resized).JPG
IMGA0105 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (4 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (4 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (4 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (3 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ripleyyy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5494 2 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

'DAV' (walker champ)

the BELGIAN players tag are still in than !?

#5530 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

So close to being finished and should be done late tonight. Will load it on my premium in the morning and have a few plays and then post the code for all. I will also send to RandomKg for his music additions for those that like the NIN/Radiohead mix. Thanks to all for your patience and support, I love that I can contribute to this awesome game!

i DONT have a TWD, but tanx anyway for this custom work...

2 weeks later
#5667 1 year ago

ok, as previouly said by others, let's admit Lyman sell another (NIB) TWD... than please, Gary, pay him a beer !

still following my decision to not more buy a not "finished" pin, and also, for now, to avoid spike system (tanx to GB)
as players (with my son), and while we never had TWD home before, this choice was than more than logical
order is done already, now just have to wait Santa delivering

#5668 1 year ago

talking about Lyman...

Quoted from WJxxxx:

I found him really friendly and happy to chat about his games, despite the fact that he must be asked the same questions over and over again. It probably helped that this was near the end of a very long night in a Belgian bar...

yep
and EPC 2015 in our country was a blast

#5673 1 year ago

ok, wait is over ...

my son is happy (while he's not showing a lot lol), its a july 2017 build, code was of course 1.56, have to upgrade to 1.60 (and/or CLELAND)

the bad point : buying it now with the actual price (just under STERN new games), compare to when pinball goes out...
in the other way, the good point :TWD is now a must for sure ! it was not in 2014...

17122101 (resized).jpg

17122102 (resized).jpg

17122103 (resized).jpg

17122104 (resized).jpg

17122105 (resized).jpg

#5675 1 year ago

wai, ça va chier lol

#5677 1 year ago

merci David...

btw, probs already, as game is rebooting randomly while playing or even in attract mode
already checked the cards connectors, all seems OK and plugged correctly
:/

#5710 1 year ago

do we have here a TWD owner with a noflix lightboard (or something similar) ?
if yes, video please
tanx

#5712 1 year ago

well, i didnt know it will be so quick... 25 games played on our brand new TWD, and my son did reach LMS ...
we're good players of course, but not wizards (right now 403 & 425 at IFPA)
for what i've read here & there, LMS is easier to reach since 1.60
and also have to say that our pinball is playing (by luck) very nicelly : only few SDTM from the prison magnet, same from the bumpers exit
off course factory setting, slope already set higher, still misses 1 cm to be to the max
final score is still "low", need more tactics to use better the modes/multiplicators...

ok than, here's a 3 minutes video as resume enjoy !

EDIT 25/12 : spoiler alert ! as he also finished the mod... than if you dont want to see the end, dont watch !

#5718 1 year ago

cool guys, and tanx
and yes, as said above, all settings from factory... its a pro model
btw, dont be stuned, as i'm only at 450M

cleland : of course, it was also a positive point when i decided to buy this pinball ! tanx/tribute to you

#5719 1 year ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

... And do not forget to switch the two plastics behind the well walker so he goes back all the way from direct strikes, this will also prevent your top plastic from breaking in the future. Stern may have already fixed this on newer TWD pins but if you a NOV or earlier model they did not. See pic for reference. The smaller plastic needs to be on top. The assembly line folks assembled them incorrectly

just to say... mine TWD is build july 2017, and the big plastic is over the small one
now, tanx to your post, i directly made/place a protector to it
and of course, my WELL toy is working flawless as it

#5721 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I could probably do better if it wasn't for that left side outlane. That thing is like a vacuum cleaner!

as i said somewhere else (and not sure about your actual slope of course) i think the more slope you get, the less angles are "open" to the outlanes (due to ball velocity, when caming back up to down)... but may be i'm just fool lol

in the other hand, increasing slope also make the overall game harder...

#5722 1 year ago

talking about the well walker :

Quoted from TomGWI:

I just tried a Silicone Flipper Rubber from PInball Life.

what size ?

and i'm trying quite the same, 2 pieces of flipper rubber (to cover only the front), double face taped

#5726 1 year ago
Quoted from thall17:

Is there a mod to prevent the ball from flying off the right ramp?

had this happend few times already... will see if i can do a plastic cover by myself...

#5750 1 year ago

and than, (soft) plastic protector installed... will came back later for a feedback about flying balls... (reminder : i'm at 95 games played)

what i know already :
need a lexan piece there, because mine (soft for now) is not transparent and its hidding the place behind
but, as this is quite a big plastic, i'm already a bit afraid with a 1 piece of lexan there, not sure it will not cause the 2 ramp fixations to break (even is 1 piece is better than 2, with 1 on each fixation)

more ideas welcome of course

20171229_141235 (resized).jpg

20171229_141245 (resized).jpg

#5791 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

For those of you having airballs like this, have you tried putting the coil setting to "soft"? Apparently I set mine to soft when I got the machine and with the recent update, I must have forgot to set it back to soft. Its the first time I have had an airball like this... So perhaps coil to "soft" is the way to go...

nope... may be another direction to try
and until now, no more airballs with my mod, as of course, the ramp is nicely "closed" as it... will remove it next week-end, and try to cut a smaller lexan one

#5803 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I have the same new TWD PRO and no airballs on the right ramp. THe only way I can get an airball is if I do a combo of inner loop and right ramp with left flipper if I fire back at full speed. This is rare and no ramp guard is necessary IMO. The game slows down after a few hundred plays.

yep, same for me, only happends in this case too

2 weeks later
#5868 1 year ago
Quoted from woody76:

...At least I waited until the code was done.

i've done the same a finished code, on a SAM mobo, were the 2 higher points on my needing list
not evbd will think the same, but for me, its the best advice to follow actually...

#5900 1 year ago

for sure, TWD is one of the hardest pinball...
that not means newbie cant buy/play it, but frustration will be there more than often
following all has been said above, if you still have no fun with it, i agree about thinking for a sale, and going for something more "easy"

#5947 1 year ago

this is looking really... disgusting !

nice job than

#5949 1 year ago

mine is 248M... but dont ask me how i did it !!!

#5955 1 year ago

RipleYYY: High score roll will tell you in detail

yep David
but was meaning "while playing", because i'm quite nowhere about how the score/code is going on TWD, i'm still on the "rush" style, not the "think of it" style

#5956 1 year ago

...I speak Spanish too but this we don't need in Belgium

let's add italian for me, it helps, as for example when talking with Daniele A.

1 week later
#5973 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

TWD is probably the best game you will ever own

Quoted from woody76:

I got mine about a month ago once code was finished up

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

And on one of the most difficult too.

+1

one of the best game so far, with a finished (?) & very good/mature code, and last but not least, very hard to master

#5980 1 year ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

What's your favorite settings for your TWD guys?
Mine is "easy", Yoyokopter outlanes mods, posts on the lower position, first extra ball disabled. I think i will put the posts one position higher.

trop "facile" comme ça
and than 100% factory settings

1 week later
#6012 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Has anyone ever completed Last Man Standing on a pro?

my son, after owning the pin for just 2 days and 25 games played on it... and its not a bad joke

since, he did reach LMS a 2nd time, but not completed it

and as you will ask me : yes, factory settings & TILT sensitive...

#6015 1 year ago

LOL! Love the message to your son at the end.

yep, and its nice to have this friendly relation between us
and even more sharing this pinball hobby between our generation, just because pinball was absolutly NOT something logicaly linked to his age (22), well, i mean, not as me (52)

than, in overall, nice to see our childs being interested in the pinball (again)

#6021 1 year ago

Has anyone ever completed Last Man Standing on a pro?

and i've just uploaded the full video, may be some wanna see him completing the mode in full length...

1 week later
#6057 1 year ago

on my TWD (just check on yours), the left outlane is wider than the right (i mean between the wood & the guide lane of the inlane)
it is very easy to notice with the "BIT" insert...
of course, the apperture to the exits (between the posts) should be the same, but in term of nudging/rebound (ball versus the wood) it will be different while playing

if needeed will make some pics next time i'll remove the glass

1 month later
#6212 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

here is my 60 second tutorial
» YouTube video

lol... i know i was missing something... but for sure, now i'm a better player

#6215 1 year ago

easy : dont lose the ball... dont lose the ball... dont lo... shit ! i lose the ball !!!

#6250 1 year ago

TWD is the devil... simple as that ! fantastic pinball, but surelly the more hard/punishing one to play...

#6253 1 year ago

just a reminder (because i'm proud of course), my son beating LMS on our PRO (factory settings, including sensitive tilt)

#6257 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

That's unreal! And only on ball 2??? Now that makes my 700M game look pretty sad!

yep, but he gots the usuals EB balls too...

my son & i we are "players", and my best is "only" 1.3B... than, again, 700M is a very good score on TWD

#6262 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

I'm guessing"player" means you're competitive, but regardless, yours son's control of that game is unreal!
Doubt I'm ever going to see LMS, and even if by some luck I do, finishing it seems so unlikely.
I'm shooting for Terminus next... Nowhere near it yet!

yes, right now ranked 381 & 415... than means not pinball wizards, but we are able to play pinball

about LMS, dont forget not only you have to kill 115 walkers to launch it, but than 115 more walkers to win it !!!

#6266 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm currently ranked 11560th. Not too shabby, huh?

of course not, most important is having fun playing, even when its in competition

and didnt know exactly about the angle slope, we've set it 1 cm higher that from factory, as it remain another 1 cm to be at max (but will not do it, because its already very hard as it, when other guys came & play, it must not be too much frustrating/disgusting

our T3 slope is set at max, need it, that one is wayyyyyyyyyyy sweat to play compare to TWD ... yin & yang !

DH is on my sister house (as she plays too lol)

#6269 1 year ago

+1 about Keith

watching him (and some others) makes you think playing pinball is easy... but...

btw, already seen this video, and re-watching a bit now, what is sure is that our TWD TILT is set way more sensitive than Keith one

#6277 1 year ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

I had an LE and was forced to remove the tilt bob, otherwise it was unplayable.
Small Nudge = warning.
Not a game where nudging should be punished unfairly, seeing as it’s completely necessary.

again, as players, trying to set our pin sensitive hard enough (but not more like in some tournaments, which is sometimes just insane)
on our TWD, a "good" save generally gave 2 warnings (or 3 & TILT), that means you get 1 per ball, not more
but i understand what you mean, nudging is part of pinball of course, but there's nudge... and nudge

strange you cant set the cone as you just want !?

#6281 1 year ago

well, to go to horde, not sure your approach is the good one...
i mean, dont think about activating weapons shoots, just play your game while concentrate on other things, and when a weapons is available, ok, shoot for it, and horde will came "naturaly"

#6285 1 year ago

well, 2 times, as its the next mission, and than 1 shoot in any mission to begin

#6291 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The reason Terminus is so hard to reach is because it requires such a large number of shots to the drop targets. This is fundamentally an unsafe shot, as there is no way to hit them and guarantee that you will maintain control of the ball.

+1
thats THE big "problem" of this pinball : hitting targets is very dangerous, but you need to get them !

#6305 1 year ago

1st time to SIEGE yesterday... my son has than played all the features of this pinball

now, its my turn... will need 10 years or so lol

#6322 1 year ago

my son not home, cant ask now sry...
from what i've understand as he told : SIEGE did NOT start while in multiball, insert start to flash when player is back to 1 ball
than shoot prison to start it
and yes, it was still available at next ball

#6342 1 year ago

(about SIEGE) so, i had well understand what my son said (lol)

btw, we didnt know about the RIOT flasher, now we do

#6347 1 year ago

from factory, need a "good" hit on mine, soft ones are not registering... not a prob imho

#6361 1 year ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

I don't understand this mod. Is it like a plug for the outlines, like in bowling? If so, that is insane to me that people would buy a Pinball machine only to artificially do better. Call me crazy.
PS: I love Belgium. Phenomenal country. Some of my best travel has been there. My comment is not directed at you, but maybe Yoyokopter for inventing and marketing a garbage mod (if it is what I think it is).

heu... it was a (belgian) joke of course
and i know Yoyo, and his mod is the way to go for those needing to reduce the outlanes gap...

mine TWD is still set to factory setting (including sensitive TILT), that means hard to play and a true challenge

#6364 1 year ago

dont know, never gone there (never had a LOTR home)

#6398 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I made the mistake of cleaning and waxing the game. Now it's barely playable until it gets at least a little dirty. I can barely start modes and light my extra ball now (at 6 kills). Faaaccckkkk.....

lol ! not a mistake, same for all of us as not only the ball speed, but all the gameplay (angle/trajectory shoots) change

#6438 1 year ago

just discovered this pinball has been made for 2 purposes and not the 1 we all know already : to make you a better pinball player

it also makes you crazy ! read :

was in blood bath + WW multi, 4 balls on the PF, and than : 2 balls out in the same time, 1 left outlane, 1 right outlane, followed in the second with the 2 last balls exactly same as above !!!
but OK, save ball was just ending, than pin give me back 2 balls... few bumpers later, these 2 caming down by the right lane, second one more quickly, hit the 1st one after the lane exit, than MAGICALLY, 1 ball goes to left outlane, and of course the other one perfectly to the right outlane !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God, pity i was not recording this ! but it happends ! 6 balls eaten perfectly same way in only few seconds...

i love this game, even if i hate it

#6467 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

I have such a love hate relationship with this pin haha!

as evbd ! that's also why this pinball is really good

3 weeks later
#6593 1 year ago

not sure if Lyman is here... but most surely you are... than hi from Belgium (and his nice EPC)

from my player POF, this game is already a masterpiece, i bought it mainly due to your code
but please, if you have just the time to add a small ball saver timer after the prison magnet, it would be very nice, as TWD is already a very hard game to play/master... and having the ball going perfectly SDTM is a real pain (in the a**), even more when pin is set-up with a very sensitive tilt

i know this has already been request, than tanx in advance

#6599 1 year ago

tanx guys... i knew that of course
but it happends anyway

#6614 1 year ago

No Chuck... did not touch the magnet
But ok, i dont mean its a direction problem, as sometimes ball goes wide, sometimes it goes SDTM
And im ok to also admit that is simply part of playing pinball
But again, TWD so hard (mine set up from factory, with sensitive tilt) than may be it would be nice to just get that added small ball saver
Of course i could slap too (and even better make a slide slave)... but...
And also, again, because my son and i we re good players (still round the 400 spots at ifpa), my son having beaten LMS, even with that magnet (lol)

Bah

2 weeks later
#6717 1 year ago

"The reason I find TWD to be exceptional hard, is that it's hard to control the ball. So if I see a multi-kill shot flashing, I know that going for it put me in danger. In LOTR, I feel like if I'm having a good game, I can pick my shots and recover from misses pretty regularly"

you've said it all
not because its hard to control the ball on TWD (you catch it quite the same as another pinball), but just because you have to make some lateral shoots (mostly the targets), that make ball bouncing from left to right instead of going up/down, and with big outlanes, this is why TWD will kill you, even if the shoot was a good one and not a missed one

not saying going to valinor is easy, but playing LOTR is easy, the gameplay is easy, you have no bad surprise in LOTR

2 weeks later
#6747 1 year ago

LMS finally... as all from factory settings since i bought it (including sensitive TILT), i've change yesterday the outlanes starposts with the B/W ones... its still open and eating balls, but much less as now i can battle this machine while having some chances

btw, will not post my score here

#6754 1 year ago
Quoted from evanc:

I'm definitely not a good player... What is a good general strategy for me to go for...

just sell that machine, and go for another pin

#6791 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Quick question,two of the three screws on the R/H prison door external hinge...

read your post, check mine, and 1 is missing on the down left... quite sure all these were there when get the pin

3 weeks later
#6834 1 year ago

it is...
Lyman masterpiece ? if not, should be close than

1 week later
#6895 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

So proud. Made it to hord and did for the first time decent in Horde. What a game
[quoted image]

not bad Rens
2 days ago, last time i played mine, got 3 good games in a row, which it never happends before !!! 1.3B, 600M & 400M

(see you soon in Drunen... )

2 weeks later
#6953 1 year ago

pas mal David

#6954 1 year ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Beats my grand champ by a clear 100m... and that’s for a decent full game, not a single shot! I love to hate it.

yep
but as David didnt want to say it by himself, he's a very good player
than no worry to not be able to do same things as him...

1 week later
#7014 1 year ago

yes, you have a small prob there

2 weeks later
#7059 1 year ago

not bad... but what about this ?

twdxchamp (resized).PNG

#7063 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Very nice!! I can only imagine that single shot is greater than the majority of GC scores out there.

That's huge.. Must be on a pro quite far in the game

think this was done when reaching LMS and scoring 2.5B pts

to be honest, didn't do it by purpose... as (to me) its impossible to keep in mind all what's going on when playing TWD
simply because i'm a "rush" player, not really a "stop, think, & go" one... but OK, i know its something i have to tend for if i want to perform better

1 week later
#7090 1 year ago

* about the small black screws at the prison doors : 1 was missing on mine, and while checking the pics i've done just when out of the box, this was already missing... just putted 1 back and its complete now... BTW if i can give an advice, 4 of the 5 screws here were not settled correctly (or have moved with time/shocks), than when you remove the glass for whatever reason, give them a screwdrivers check

* the prison head target : mine was not registering all the time, a power center shot was needeed, lots of "rejection" there... easy tweak as explained here, just put some tape (to me here, 5 floors, its like 1 mm, not more) between the target back & the metal balance piece, to close that gap, and now its registering 100%... so small detail, but in fact its so satisfying now

#7091 1 year ago

and again

having already made more than few (easy) mods for my TWD, here's the one of the day

well than, from the begining, i found the flasher at the RIOT insert being not really efficient
my 1st idea was simply to turn the socket 180° and than put a "long head" flasher in that hole of the PF

flash (resized).JPG

while GI is red there (under the ramp), the white flasher, when active, was already a really nice improvement

today, i make it even better, with another DIY plastic, including an arrow pointing to the center lane (which is the one you have to shoot for the PRISON super jackpot)

20181029_142807 (resized).jpg

20181029_142842 (resized).jpg

20181029_153751 (resized).jpg

and a small video :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/70xle0umip491ba/20181029_153613.mp4?dl=0

enjoy

1 week later
#7118 1 year ago

I was playing this last night and wondering why the heck is this so hard? There are just 5 main modes with 3 helper multiballs. I usually get through 3 or 4 modes in a game and rarely get the 5th dead feature. Most times I get all 3 multiballs (WW, Prison and Blood Bath), but I never get Siege or Terminus and forget LMS! Tough game, still love it, but tough game! YMMV

well, seems its more than nice already

#7132 1 year ago

for all those using some covery trick, its easy

i'm myself using 2x 1/2 length transparent plastics set, 1 red & 1 orange, simply around the tube, making some nice efx depending the way i mixed them

1 week later
#7148 1 year ago

I bought my TWD in October 2017 and my distributor said this was one of the last off the line. Other distribs had stock but mine was out of stock except this last one. So somewhere around October 2017 Stern stopped making TWD. Code = 1.60

+1... should stack to reality

mine is a july'17 build, and also was the last one in stock to my distro (when i bought it in december 17)

#7162 1 year ago

think we all have this (for what i remember, this was spoted more than quickly when TWD was out in 2014), quite logical, as holes are in the same place on the PF...

and yep, the dremel job is the way to go, even if i admit to still not have done it

1 week later
#7229 1 year ago
Quoted from facelift:

Hi, Quick question.
Got my TWD Premium and installed the Cleland sound/voice mode right away before playing the original code.
Finding it hard to learn the rules etc.
Was wondering if the original callouts help you learn the game easier. Do the Cleland callouts take away valuable info needed while playing?
If so, I should probably install the original code and learn the game better and later on install the Cleland code.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you.

no way
you will learn main rules of the game by just playing it... or why not, watch few videos first

#7274 1 year ago

+1 for the PRO

#7285 1 year ago

funny (well... ) to read that not a pinball is playing like another one from the same model/series...

and also, small tweaks are generally enough to make a bad move becoming perfect : on mine, the walker head in the prison was giving something like 50% of the shots... just put a small piece of rubber there to make the contact shorter, and now its 100% registering, making this fun (not more frustrating) to aim for that shoot !

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 16.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ripleyyy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside