Topic Stats

• 8,391 posts
  • 564 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by pkrobin
  • Topic is favorited by 194 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,410 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

13b675bbdf2bd3206f866e5b23fb77de282f28da (resized).jpg
70979529_10157091133873551_6275270304075874304_n (resized).jpg
B9B1F475-63AE-4CE1-BBCE-ED2C59CE0287 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5393 (resized).jpg
2B1F4AD8-6644-440B-963F-12E40E2F2768 (resized).jpeg
20190920_204738 (resized).jpg
PRO COLOR BLOOD (resized).png
PREMIUM BLOOD (resized).png
TWD alternate translite versions (resized).jpg
20190824_093215 (resized).jpg
s-l500 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
11EA187F-CA67-4CBF-A5EF-B666C2D86950 (resized).jpeg
20190817_104818 (resized).jpg
DE9D5CBB-2E3C-4F67-AFAD-9746180AC45E (resized).jpeg
B94615F7-9965-42AF-BADE-6C5BB92F5266 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (4 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (4 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (3 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (3 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quartergrabber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 5 years ago

anyone have any idea when the LE are being shipped? I heard they were on the line last week at the Stern factory.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Thats what I heard too. I'm kinda expecting mine around the first of November, at least before the Thanksgiving holiday. I recall that was when my STLE was shipped to my house, so I'm guessing Stern kinda follows the same schedule.

sweet, thanks.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I'm in!!!

photo 2.JPG 47 KB

photo 1.JPG 35 KB

photo 4.JPG 38 KB

photo 3.JPG 49 KB

photo 4-514.JPG 39 KB

photo 1-252.JPG 41 KB

photo 1-411.JPG 18 KB

Wow, how did you get your well walker custom painted so quickly?

#29 4 years ago

That's how he looked right out of the box

What!? Stern must have changed the way they do the figures on the later runs. From the pics other people posted of their well walker and the pics on Sterns website the well walker isn't painted that nice with the bright yellows and bloody eyes.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

Put up 99 million today with a kick ass game! Very proud of myself. Had a great multiplier combo on the pop bumper jackpot. Serious points there if you build it up right. Think I netted 7.5 million on it for a single shot.

So you're still enjoying the game? No SDTM balls like everyone is complaining about? My LE is coming soon so I'd like to know what you think of it after some extended play.

#51 4 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

I've put over 200 plays on it so far. No STDM problems. That's not to say I don't stem once in a while. It's pinball. That happens. Place a lazy shot halfway up a ramp? Sometimes you're going to get punished for it. That's pinball. STDMs off the magnet got cleared up after I leveled my machine. So did rollers out of the pops. That said, the pops on this game are not a 100% safe return to flippers! and I think people are complaining and not liking that. I dig it. You need to watch how it's rolling out and be proactive. You can tell when it's going to be a close one before it's too late, and give it the right nudge, you just have to be paying attention.
As for the outlanes, they are absolutely brutal, and make me want to take Bowen's advice on lanes. "How do you make it go inlane or outlane? Easy, you don't. Keep it away from them." The way the outlane side rubber sits lower on the playfield makes this very unsafe territory. Use the ramps for safe return and collecting the shot multiplier. You don't want to get bit! That said, by all means when y get a multiball and a ball saver, go ahead and drain one out and get that nice juicy bit bonus. Free points!
The only mechanical issue I have right now is that if I take a full flip on a ball screaming around on the tunnel shot, that flip is usually going to be a massive air ball. Like break my Woodbury sign home run ball. So I may need to adjust my flipper rubber a little bit. I really do enjoy this game, and find the type of challenge it gives a very refreshing change. Not much in the way of random cheap drains the way my xmen does - which also doesn't bug me. Those come from magneto and wolverine just being assholes and throwing the ball around. It fits that theme. In this game I find that 90+ % of my drains I can see coming! and just didn't think properly to Nudge it right. It's maddeningly addictive that way. Will you get a slam power drain from a bad aimed shot sometimes? Yep. That's pinball. The slow floater that goes over the outlane rubber and right in like a Larry bird three pointer? My fault for sitting there staring at it. Every. Single. Time. It's hypnotic. Why don't I nudge that thing?
I haven't touched my PoTC or Xmen since TWD got here they are getting jealous.

Nice, thanks!

2 weeks later
#66 4 years ago

Looks like the haters dogpiled on this one over the last week and pushed it all the way down to #76 on the top 100 (wasn't it #26 last week?). Laaaaaaaame.

That's why you don't trust those rankings. If you click "show all ratings" so it shows them all instead of just the ones with comments, then you really see the doggers like "Piscitelli" rated it a 1, ummm really?

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Yippe four arrived

image.jpg 98 KB

image-95.jpg 94 KB

Awesome! Can you post your four numbers here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-what-did-you-get/page/6#post-2034470

I'm keeping track of all the LE numbers that are purchased by people.

1 month later
#138 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This is just a pic of the play field without the back box and Stern topper and it doesn't simply do it justice. Actually, this pic looks like shit compared to reality.
You can't see the metal wire in this pic on the rails which tempers the red/orange. Plus, the left side just sunk down at the top a bit, haven't adjusted yet.
Well placed whites in play field and back box, don't need it on EL wire. Played with lights OFF, looks great!

FullSizeRender.jpg 256 KB

I had the first red/orange one delivered and it's been sitting in my basement for three weeks now seeing your pic has given me the motivation to finally install it, thanks

#139 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Debating on one for the LE, if they can make it work with the crossbow. In the dark, I kind of like the dark on the apron but that PRO apron looks great BR.

I've been debating this as well but I will wait until all choices come out so I don't sell myself short. There is a cool crossbow one coming out from pingraffix, and they might work with the refinery to light it too.

#141 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Here you go.....much better 10 minute install QG!

FullSizeRender2.jpg 250 KB

Thanks! I took the EL wire off of mine and painted the fences chrome, then reattached the EL wire. Can't wait to see what it looks like installed.

#144 4 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

The one area that looks like it needs highlighting is the drop targets, sometimes I just don't see them. Will try putting LED's under the targets and see if that helps......

What about this mod? Should do what you want and look bad ass at the same time.

http://mezelmods.com/collections/the-walking-dead-pinball-mods/products/walking-dead-pro-illuminated-supplies-drop-targets

4 weeks later
#246 4 years ago

TWD pro has slipped to #91 in the rankings. What a bunch of horseshit.

Don't worry about those ratings man. With all the Pinside doggers for each game shit like that happens. What I like to do is filter it by all ratings so even if they didn't leave a comment because they knew what they were doing was BS, I can still see their BS rating. Some of those doggers might surprise you and some are just the same old doggers of every new game.

2 months later
#271 4 years ago
Quoted from hyruleinaustin:

Thank you so much, Delta9. I am really looking forward to this. I spent a lot of time playing pins around Austin Texas and reading reviews, and the reviews of TWD made me think I was missing something. Every game I played on it, good or bad, made me want to immediately play another game, but the reviews made me think I was wrong for enjoying it so much. But it is just too much fun.

You're not wrong. Pinside is full of doggers, welcome to pinside if you look at TWD ratings you can see the doggers, usually they don't leave a message there. Any rating under 6 I mark as bogus and then just ignore it. Have fun with it! It's a great game!

#277 4 years ago
Quoted from hyruleinaustin:

As for the dipswitch, yes. It goes through some of the updating process. It erases the old image. Then it kicks out to the Update Screen again. I have sent a message to Stern's software folks. Right now I am reformatting my thumbdrive (FAT-32) and trying again. Everything seems to go fine and then it just stops.

How many Gigs is your thumb drive? The updates seem not to like big drives. Try a thumb drive that is 2Gb or less.

2 weeks later
#294 4 years ago
Quoted from jimbeam42:

What do you think the chances are that they spent the down time on working on code to iron out the licensing issues?

Slim to none, but more on the none side.

#297 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Officially joined the club!

IMG_0777.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Now let the modding begin
Seriously though, I think TWD might have more mods available for it then Tron

#303 4 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Take another look it should look like this as pictured. Smaller plastic on top for full well walker motion. trust me you WILL be able to notice the difference

Screen Shot 2015-04-01 at 8.50.33 PM.png (Click image to enlarge)

Yes I read capguntrooper's post in another thread about switching the two plastics position and it does make a world of difference.

#304 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Is Stern going to make/sell any more of the fish tank toppers? Then again, it almost seems too redundant on the Premium (fish tank on PF and translight already)

have you seen one of those toppers in person? I saw one at a fellow pinsiders home and was very underwhelmed. It was tiny, and I mean tiny. I am glad I didn't buy one. $400 it too much for that IMO. It should be more around the $199 price point.

#306 4 years ago

thats why I did my own topper and added a a button where the plug is for a animated topper for $50 bucks

IMG_5926.jpeg (Click image to enlarge)

That's probably the most bad ass topper for TWD I've seen.

#313 4 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

Clearly everyone says its a dud. Bullshit.

Something I've noticed is that when someone makes a comment that TWD is shit or a dud I click on their collection and 90% of the time they own stern ST likely a lot of other people don't like it either but this ST group seems to be the most publically vocal about it for some reason. Makes no sense to me

2 months later
#329 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

How does the pro compare the Premium/LE? I can't justify the coin for a Premium, but the Pro is right up my alley cost wise. I've only played an LE, though.

The same way a Ferrari stacks up against a ford fiesta. But if what you can afford is the Pro then get the Pro, its still a good game.

#331 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

BUT the pro is still 80%-90% the same game.

I think you are being generous there ^^^^^ very generous. You also forgot the upgraded code with walker bombs and spinner and fish tank integration and the colour changing inserts and GI.

#334 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Man, you guys are making it hard for me to feel good about going Pro on this one if I do.

The Pro is still a decent machine, no worries.

#345 4 years ago

Yup, it still kicks butt!

#357 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

You want to know how addictive this game is for me?.....
I am playing the damn thing in my dreams!!!

Did you switch out the CT LEDs for comet LEDs yet

#375 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJeff:

So when I was setting up the new Premium last night I installed the Stern fix kit for the bicycle girl ramp. I installed the plastic ramp cover that I assume is supposed to prevent air balls. Something was wrong because the ball would not make the ramp. The ball gets stuck between the ramp and the plastic cover. There is not enough clearance for the ball to get through.
I'm sure I can tweak it to make more room, but just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

Yes I had that problem too on my LE. The ball would make it through that point but never all the way up the ramp. I finally figured out it was hitting that protector so I took it off and put to REALLY thick plastic washers under it and it solved the problem. Now the ramp is smooth as butter.

#376 4 years ago

Yes I had that problem too on my LE. The ball would make it through that point but never all the way up the ramp. I finally figured out it was hitting that protector so I took it off and put two REALLY thick plastic washers under it and it solved the problem. Now the ramp is smooth as butter.

#383 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I've joined the Billionaire's Club!
I love this pin.

IMG_0855.jpg

2 weeks later
#398 4 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Just received my order from pinball refinery... I ordered the side board decals (with the fence printed on them) AND the fence with EL lights. I think I messed up. Should not have ordered the decals with the fence? Fence on fence is going to look too messed up? Has anyone installed with both? Results? I am thinking I have to return the decals and get the non fence decals. Damn.

I would return the decals period. You can't really see them through the el wire fence.

1 week later
#406 4 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Oh seriously? Have you seen the result? Does anyone have pics? I really like the side decals but if you can't see them through the el wire fence I agree they should be returned and use the $75 for a different mod.

Yeah send them back and use the $75 for another mod, i'm almost certain you won't be happy with both of them installed. They posted a pic of both installed at the same time on a machine and even they commented you couldn't really see the decal but if you wanted both they would still sell them to you. If you search for that old thread I'm sure you will find it.

1 week later
#418 4 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

I had a pro for a while and really liked it but traded it for another game. Thinking of getting another and am considering buying an LE. Is the LE/permium worth the upgrade? What is a good price for a NIB LE?
thanks

Definently worth the upgrade!

#452 4 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

If / when you make it here, I'm afraid that drinks will be on me.

And remember SKB that Canadian beer has a lot more alcohol then American beer so pace yourself

#485 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'd love to hear from some pro owners on the new update.

A Pro owner posted this in another thread when asked about the new update.

Quoted from ectobar:

Initial impression is unimpressed.
Not much noticeable change in the light department.
Didn't play particularly well, so can't say much about code.
Sound is back to being awful. George Bush needs to get out my house. Hoping Cleland does his magic soon.

1 week later
#498 4 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

You're not having much luck with that Pro yet.
There have been a few others bashing the prem/LE ramps for a while here. I've never had a problem on the ramps with my prem/LE. Now we have an example of Pro ramp problems. Either way, it's not normal and it sounds like an adjustment may be necessary. Take a look at the ramp position, mounts and alignment. A tweak may help a lot.

The only people really bashing the LE/Premiums are Pro owners to justify their purchase to themselves I guess?

#506 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

And that fix is.........?

Stern offers the BG ramp kit fix for free. So if you ask your distributor ahead of time, it will be there for you when you pick up your pin.

#513 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Gotcha. Hopefully it's minor or easily tweakable. Maybe the softer coil pulse would help?

Actually the spot where it flies off is that little hump it has to go over. Hooked and Mezel are both making barn mods that go exactly where the ball flies off. So if you get the Barn mod you wont have anymore air balls there and you will also have a kick ass Burning Barn mod. Win win if you ask me

1 week later
#531 4 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

Agreed!
Do you think adding a cover to the ramp would deflect it back into the ramp and keep the ball moving along properly? I think I am going to cut a piece of lexan and give it a shot...

Why bother? If you get this mod it is mounted right at the hump where the ball always flys off, thus preventing anymore air balls off that ramp.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-twd-burning-barn-by-mezelmods

#532 4 years ago

I do notice the game to be much harder since the update. It's at an SKB level of difficulty now. Well maybe not that high, but if he puts everything on the most difficult setting I could see it challenging him for a little while at least before he gets bored and moves on to the next thing

#553 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

What kind of pitch you guys going with on this pin?

6.5 to 7 for me. I like it FAST!

#555 4 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

So true for me too.
I've been negligent on a detailed pitch measurement for my machine.. Mine is perfectly middle bubble on the OEM measurement. But it is better to self measure the pf. Not that eskaybee would not know that. .

All he does is play them and beat them, I don't think he levels shit. Once I heard he made it to the wizard mode on his Xmen and beat it with one front leg and one back leg missing from the machine

#582 4 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Also, make sure your left apron score card isn't poking out enough to keep the crossbow from seating all the way back. Mine was driving me crazy until I saw my custom score cards protruding just enough to cause the problem.

Yes the left stock card that came with my LE had that corner already cut off.

#588 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

And while TWD is one of the best pins I've played, it's all very similar to Avengers

Blasphemy!

#595 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Do pro owners care about the GI lightshow that they could get in the premium? I honestly can't any video of the new code in the premium that contains said lightshow. All video I have seen has zero GI effects, even though there are three strings of coloured GI like in Met and ACDC premiums.
I will replicate it like I have for those other two pros if there is enough interest from pro owners.

Let me know if you want one and I will make a video for you. But don't get too ahead of yourself, you still need to do Xmen and Tron first!!!

#598 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Haha. I know I know. But I can do it fast now that I have a bit of practice. I can do all three. So how about a video?

Ok uploading the video now. I will post it when uploading is complete.

#599 4 years ago

Ok, here is the video. It is my son playing and he doesn't enjoy playing pinball (would rather play Playstation or his handheld games) so he didn't start any modes for you to see the lighting in each mode but he did start two multiballs so hopefully that will be enough to give you an idea of the lighting. (also make sure you watch in 1080p HD)

#602 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Thankfully, I have not had any air ball issues on the right ramp. My two biggest issues I've had with TWD is the xbow works intermittently and the zombie in the prison doesn't always register. I haven't tried tweaking the zombie yet, but the xbow has been a bitch! Stern is sending me new switches but u fear that's not the issue. I thought I had the issue resolved and it worked 99% flawless since Sunday night until today! Just as I was beginning to fall in love with the xbow shot, wham! Issues again where the motor starts then stops a second later and does nothing til it's time to ball search.
Other than those 2 issues, this is a great pin! But holy hell im having flashbacks of the Avengers tweaking and tuning days

Weird, I didn't have to tweak a thing on mine and I have an early run too. Maybe you just got one with a bad part? Stern will fix you up. One thing about Stern is their QC sucks but they bend over backwards to make it right.

#603 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Love all the show call outs
I might have to get that fence and EL mod on mine. You have under cabinet lighting too? Looks great!

Yes I have undercab lighting and backbox flashers. I bought everything off the pinball refinerys TWD page on their website. So it's basically a "refinery edition" TWD.

#606 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Wow. That was fast. I'll get started. Guess I'd better go get the pro.
Oh, and an X-Men if I find one.

I gave you pics of the xmen pro. What else do you need?

#612 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It's actually pretty much *never* done that except for when you played it! Funny how that works.

He has "the touch"

#617 4 years ago

My problem now isn't the head registering hits but the Optos that register hits and spell prison. They worked perfectly until the latest update where stern made them "more sensitive" in the code. Now they don't register all the time, especially with really hard hits.

#644 4 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Mhhh .. so far no reclamation about that and I have around 50 customers.
Did you buy from me ? At least in Europe we are exclusively selling the AdPins.
If you think the plastic bushings are too cheap and china stuff:
We have them also in bronce

olive_064.jpg olive_082.jpg olive_044.jpg

Do you have a website so I can view all your products?

2 weeks later
#679 4 years ago

The only way to make the tunnel shot with the crossbow is to purposely miss the shot by shooting a post which will rebound the ball back to the flippers, then shoot the tunnel shot with the flippers with the remaining time left.

#685 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If SKB pulled the posts in then its certainly ok for us mere mortals!

Truer words have never been spoken. SKB is the only one on earth that has beat both mini wizard modes on xmen and made it to the main wizard mode (while it was still there).

#689 4 years ago

Evil dead series is my favourite horror series of all time.

#691 4 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

this ones for you QB ..and everyone else
https://www.dropbox.com/s/br5pvzzksv6wimt/EViLD01.bin?dl=0
LE\premium only

Yes! I wish I could give you a million thumbs up for this!!!!!

#692 4 years ago

Is it possible to replace ALL the music with evil dead music?

#698 4 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

» YouTube video
TWDLE to Evil Dead 2
Here is a sample video of the sound conversion link posted earlier in this thread.
At one point i hit the camera rig while saving a ball towards the end. Horde included.

YES!!!!!!!!! That is how it is done! Can you post this code? I didn't like how the first one you posted still had TWD theme music playing in it. In this new version the theme music was gone

#701 4 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

That is the code posted.

What? Your first video had TWD main theme music playing in it when no modes we're going and the above second video didn't. It had evil dead music playing all the time no modes we're going????

#702 4 years ago

I have the Necronomicon edition of evil dead and the limited collectors tin of evil dead 2.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#704 4 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

First video was sneak peak and was taken long ago <when the seas ran red with blood> .. nice necronomicon
Check out this pizza
http://dailydead.com/make-your-own-evil-dead-necronomicon-pizza/

Nice!

#710 3 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

I own TWDLE and fair to say that I'm also an Evil Dead fan

leg.jpg

You are my favourite person in the world. Whoever did that tat for you was an AMAZING artist! Most times when people try to pull off a detailed sleeve like that it turns out horrible.

#712 3 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Finally in the club today, been wanting one since it came out.

IMG_1727.jpg

You made a great choice! That's not ezeltmann' machine is it?

#732 3 years ago

My top three mods for TWD would be:

1) BG Light
2) Shaker
3) external Sub

#734 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I need to get that bg light mod. Who sells the good one? Any links?

Here you go my friend.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twdle-bicycle-girl-light/page/7#post-2656286

Nody doesn't sell his anymore so Gnassel's is the only one on the market. You have to PM Gnassel on here and ask for one.

#739 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Big Fan of the series and been looking at maybe trading a few games to get a new TWD game. Just wondering what people think of the pro model vs the premium, as i'm not sure funds would stretch to premium level any longer. I played a friends premium recently and really enjoyed it, but the crossbow was alittle troublesome. I have a shaker motor in my BDK, that i would move over. Any thoughts welcome.

Premium all the way. The Pro is just WAY too stripped down. You have two bash toys and that's it Get the spinners, Woodbury drop target, extra magnet, BG bash toy, crossbow, amazing colour changing GI and lightshow, lockdown bar button and the most important of all WALKER BOMBS!!!!!!! Don't cheap out on this one. I am usually a pro guy and I hate having to go LE, but this is the one title where you just have to, pro is WAY too stripped down for my liking. Now I fully expect pro owners to come in and say how much better the flow is on the pro like they always do for each title. That is total BS, it's not. The annoying thing about the pro and why the flow isn't better is the Woodbury drop target is missing so every shot goes into the shooter lane then you wait a few seconds then up into the skill shot lanes, wait a few seconds, then into the pops, then wait a long time, then finally back into play. Totally kills the flow and so annoying.

#754 3 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Now I fully expect pro owners to come in and say how much better the flow is on the pro like they always do for each title.

Quoted from Delta9:

The pro rocks the flow is faster

As expected. Told ya.

#755 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I do not agree. Other than when the BG ramp is up, the pro plays slower. Because there isn't a drop target, the ball winds up in the shooter lane a lot more, and thus back in the pops.

I think the BG ramp being up actually makes the LE faster flowing too. On the LE you hit the BG bash target and the ball goes immediately back into play. On the pro you have to wait for it to go all the way around the ramp, then drop down, then roll back to the filppers. I bet if someone timed it the ball returns to play or to the flippers way faster after hitting the BG target on the LE.

#760 3 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

For what its worth, I added a pair of spinners to my TWD Pro. They look pretty good, I think.

Oh yeah I forgot you did that. How did you end up making them score? I think you were going to tie them into the ramp switches, right?

#765 3 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

Yeah, made a simple little jumper for them to add on to the connector for the ramp switches under the playfield. Works well, to a point - they don't fully score. I believe its because of how fast the switch is triggered. You'll get maybe 10 rotations, but it will only recognize 2 or 3 at most - the first, then the last 2 as it slows down. Anybody have any ideas about how to get around that?

Yeah, just connect it to a different switch. Like the rollovers or the pop bumpers, they are meant to recognize fast consecutive hits.

#767 3 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

Hooking it to the pops would be great for scoring I think, but won't it also fire the pop every time it's triggered?

I guess the only way to find out is try

#781 3 years ago
Quoted from Radagast:

Hey folks, I just made deposit on a TWD Premium Refinery Edition and I'm beyond pumped to get it home and start playing. I've heard there is a really good alternate sound file for TWD LE/Premium out there...Can anyone point me to where I can get those files? Thanks very much!

Send dis guy a PM. He is the creator, oh masterful and wonderful creator

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/cleland

#787 3 years ago
Quoted from itshowtime:

can anyone tell me where i can pick up the boney flipper bats from…seen them on a Walking Dead pin

What version of TWD do you have? Pinball customs was suppose to make a nice set of boney flippers painted like rotting flesh but he never delivered on his promise

#790 3 years ago
Quoted from itshowtime:

seen those ones at pinball life ..someone on pinside is selling a modded out Walking Dead pro machine ..it has different set of bats on it

If you own a premium/LE the bats won't fit because the crossbow will hit them. You will have to modify the bats by shaving them down.

#794 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I just sold off the pro and got a premium. So here is my unbiased comment.
Both games are the same speed. One is not faster than the other. Features like drop targets and bash toys are not flow based toys. Shooting a ramp where the ball returns cleanly to the flippers is flow. Shooting a bash toy where the ball wobbles around and maybe lands on a flipper is not flow. The Woodbury shot is very hard to hit and not shot often enough to make a difference in game flow. Therefore, the drop target is not a noticeable flow benefit.
Unfortunately, each game plays a bit differently. My latest one holds the ball in the pops more and the left outlane is way more active. I had to move the outlane post but it barely helped and I disabled the right most pop bumper. I also disabled the well walker magnet after it tossed the ball into the outlane just once. That definitely does not make for a funner game.

I beleive my post was a rebuttal to someone saying the pro is "faster", which most if not all pro owners say to justify a cut down machine. Nothing to do with flow. And hitting the BG toy definently returns the ball faster. And you are on crack if you don't realize not having that Woodbury drop target makes the pro WAY slower and gives it WAY less flow. C'mon who are you trying to kid? Yourself? As far as not hitting that shot often, I call BS on that. When I was playing a pro I almost smashed the glass out of frustration on having to wait for that shot again and again

#821 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I do too but there should be an extra ball award in there somewhere at phase 6 or 7. your game is pretty much over and no chance of siege, terminus, or LMS if you play horde on ball 3.
Hopefully these are things Lyman is addressing in an update. Btw, I haven't been paying attention lately nor did I watch the dead flip stream; is it confirmed an update is currently being worked on?

Yes it is confirmed.

#823 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Maybe I don't understand the rules of horde. But the horde keeps coming and a lane lights. If you don't make a shot pretty soon all the lanes light and turn white. If you just sit there and cradle a single ball won't horde end? I notice I can keep a second ball in play by completing all the shots (beating the horde back) and getting my add-a-ball. But once you're down to one ball, what happens if you don't make any shots at all and let the horde build on its own? I assumed once all the lanes were lit and turned white that horde ended.
I swear I've also had two balls going and lost a ball through the outlane with bit lit and the mode did not end.

I beleive its in relation to how close they are to the screen. They keep getting closer and closer. Then when they get too close, they "bite" you and your flippers die and the ball drains. However I do not know if that would actually count as you draining a ball or or if it would kick another ball out and resume play (if you were on ball three)?

#835 3 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

My plastic was installed right so it's not that. Anyone have any other ideas?

I had cliffy post sleeves on mine before I switched to Titan and had zero issues with them. One thing I did notice was, with my ocd, I over tightened the top screws that hold that plastic protector above the ramp on. By over tightening those screws I pushed down the cliffys too low and they were all squished down and fat and were nearly touching the playfield. That would cause air balls. Check to make sure those screws are nice and loose and the cliffys aren't bunched up and sitting too low.

#837 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

We all kinda knew you had a screw loose.
; )

You know it

#841 3 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Congratulations Chambahz! Welcome to the fold.
The LE artwork is amazing in person. One of my first posts here on pinside discussed that and added a few pics.
Did you buy from Starburst Playdium? I was following your earlier posts on this. I got one of the LE's about a year ago. Great price compared to now. Premium buyers will be paying more than I did for the LE. Lucky you to get an LE. Crazy that playdium had one left. Very lucky. Cheers.

I think he might have bought it second hand?

#843 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Wait wait wait...what??? Am I missing something? What are the TWO skill shots?

LOTR has three and stern st has two or three skill shots.

#858 3 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Hey guys I ordered the crossbow mod and noticed when I received the instructions that my crossbow only has 1 slit instead of 3 am I the only one?image.jpeg

Yes

#861 3 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Hey guys I ordered the crossbow mod and noticed when I received the instructions that my crossbow only has 1 slit instead of 3 am I the only one?image.jpeg

Wait a minute. Maybe I answered too hasty. I can't see the top of my crossbow mech anymore but the side does have three slits.

image.jpeg

#863 3 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

My side view

image.jpeg

Yeah yours is different. Stern probably changed it for later runs or for premiums. Maybe all premiums are like that? What's the build date of yours?

#865 3 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

It says dec 2014. it has the bicycle girl fix installed already. Anyway sucks not sure how to install the crossbow mod now.

Those slots have nothing to do with the installation. Whose crossbow mod do you have?

#867 3 years ago

Oh ok I have Mezel mods crossbow. Just install it the mez l mods way by putting that wire to the side instead and taping it.

image.jpeg

Here are the full instructions:

https://mezelmods.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204985125-Crossbow-Prem-LE

#875 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I ordered one but I didn't know it might not fit. Plus I have a led strip there to light up the flipper area. I guess we will see what I get and how it wants to be installed and go from there.

If you ordered Mezel mods crossbow it will fit. If you ordered the other one, it will still fit, just install it the Mezel mods way.

#879 3 years ago

QC are those glow in the dark rubbers on your flippers?

Yes. I replaced all the rubbers in my TWD LE with glow in the dark Titan competition rubbers. I thought they would glow in the dark when all the GI went out but that doesn't happen on the LE so the effect would probably be better on a pro model where the GI lights actually do go out. But they look really cool and Erie and fit the theme so I am leaving them on.

#889 3 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Does your crossbow tape on the top of the factory crossbow? Mine has a pin that slides into the second slot which I don't have. I might need to get the Mezel one if that is the case.

Yes. The Mezel mod crossbow has super sticky double sided tape on the bottom of the crossbow mod so you can stick it to TWD crossbow mech. Yeah sounds like the one you bought won't work with your game. Sorry to hear that man

#890 3 years ago
Quoted from Gnassel:

The light is on the way to you Special green edition. Please share how it looks like!

What is a green addition?

#892 3 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Okay thanks maybe I can get a refund.
Lisa

Oops, I mean sorry to hear that Lisa. Didn't mean to call you a man

#911 3 years ago
Quoted from yoyokopter:

hello Bellbrand, I proposed this morning by Pm you to refund your money if you like

Wow! A real stand up seller

#934 3 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Anyone else ever get tunnel shots that make it by the pops but dont hit the metal guide smooth enough so the ball bounces back into the pops?

Yes, all the time. If you find a fix please let me know.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quartergrabber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside