IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider punkin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9311 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

This might be crazy, but if anyone within driving distance of WI has an LE they would like to trade for a premium plus cash, let's talk. Premium is routed but you can barely tell...it's very nice. I know some LE owners were disappointed when the premium was announced as they liked the premium art better, so here's your chance. I've always had a thing for the LE art personally. So just figured I would throw it out there.

The LE's are trading for 20kAU here atm.

#9313 3 years ago

Yeah it's title dependent, that was from a guy who sold me a 12kAU Aerosmith LE. Seems some are just really collectible here amongst the LE guys. We only get 10% of the total LE allocation, so they sell out on preorder in hours.

#9319 3 years ago

Disagree, for a few bucks good glass is good value.

#9322 3 years ago

Tween 2-$300 here in Australia depending on brand.

1 week later
#9364 3 years ago

It's 5am and i've been a member of your club for 10 mins. Yippee, looking forward to my first sight of the machine in the flesh.

pb54 (resized).jpgpb54 (resized).jpg

#9369 3 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Could someone PM a link to the R rated Tool mix for the pro? I'm only finding expired links manually searching.

I would also very much appreciate this and happy to chip into the original persons PP account for it if that's the done thing. I found the Cleland one, but havn't got the r rated cleland combined with the other music.

Somoenes already done the fish tank mod on my machine. Funny, it came with a spanish rule card and an english pricing card.

pb55 (resized).jpgpb55 (resized).jpg

#9371 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Check the back of the instruction card for English

Thanks, never thought about that. All my games have custom cards from Coindropper anyway so i'll be going that route.

#9407 3 years ago

Maybe i'm the only one, but i like it when the ball gets thrown straight down the guts in a fuck you way so fast there's no time to slide. If it's only one time in twenty it's a cool feature.

Especially when it happens to my opponent.

#9410 3 years ago

Anyone whinges here the first thing someone will say, 'There's no crying in pinball!'

MMMeerMeerItJumpedOverMyFlipperPunkin

#9413 3 years ago

Was gunna order the survivors inside one the other day. looks like i should have as the mezel one is gone now.

#9418 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I just tried to order it. It's still available.... quick get it!

At $94US shipping for two stickers and a bottle of novus they can stick that clean up their arse.

Their pinside shop won't work, they must have disabled the $17US international shipping. i have to order from their home page where they want $94.

#9420 3 years ago

Sorry for the noob question, but i'm not much good with the tech stuff and i have so many different machines.

can someone please point me with a link that shows how to load the sounds in this machine? Is it a usb or do i need to get a rom thingo burnt?

#9422 3 years ago

Thank you, is it in the backbox or under the playfield, this dipswitch and usb socket?

#9424 3 years ago

Thanks guys a mate told me to youtube it, i'll do another search

#9432 3 years ago

You'd love Houdini then. Best use of magnets i've seen.

#9438 3 years ago

You're a better man than me. As soon as i sell a game and take a deposit i switch it off cause it doen't belong to me anymore and i'm scared it will break.

2 weeks later
#9479 3 years ago

You need carbon steel balls.

2 months later
#9633 3 years ago

Thanks, that's choice.

1 week later
#9641 3 years ago

Thanks flipordie it's the business!

twd1 (resized).jpgtwd1 (resized).jpg

#9643 3 years ago

Do the pin2dmd ones work? They are reasonably priced here, just got one for the getaway.

#9645 3 years ago

Moved it up to the front rotation, these 4 are the ones that are on all day every day. The other ones down the back are only on weekends.

Sides, i have some lollipop rails to go on it and i'm more likely to get a burst of energy if i'm looking at it all day.

It's in good company here. 4 great games, wish the Black Knight was mine but it's a loaner.

Can't see why it get's all the hate, such a great game.

AFM is still getting the most play, finally got the 5 way combo this morning.

pb34 (resized).jpgpb34 (resized).jpg

#9646 3 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

They work but you didn’t get the full colorization w/out a ton of work coloring it for pin2dmd..

So which one is the best for Walking Dead, i have a pro if that matters.

#9652 3 years ago

Thanks guys, was looking at the colorDMD site and had seen that lcd was the way to go. If i can find a couple of people who want one here we can get free shipping for any 3 screens, saves about $100au each even after postage here in Australia to distribute.

#9653 3 years ago

LCD on it's way, decided i had enough energy to do the rails.

twd3 (resized).jpgtwd3 (resized).jpg

after

twd4 (resized).jpgtwd4 (resized).jpg

Horrible shooter rod goes next

2 weeks later
#9702 3 years ago

Never let it be said i don't take good advice.

pb104 (resized).jpgpb104 (resized).jpg

#9703 3 years ago

Having an issue with the install on my pro.

If i put the dmd on the bottom most hole the panel fits back in fine, but the display is too high up to read. if i put it in on the hole above the display shows correctly but the panel will not reinstall as the bracket sits in a recess and the screen is wider and it won't sit down.

Do i have to tune the screen to display differently or something?

Here it's slotted down and won't fit in the machine, but displaying correctly.

pb105 (resized).jpgpb105 (resized).jpg

Here it's sitting up further and fits in the machine fine but the display is an inch too high.
Assuming i have to change one of the settings in the menu to a different display size or something. The instructions are pretty generalized and a bit sketchy.

pb105 (resized).jpgpb105 (resized).jpg

pb107 (resized).jpgpb107 (resized).jpg

pb106 (resized).jpgpb106 (resized).jpg
#9707 3 years ago

FUCK! the fucking store wouldn't let my paypal process for hours and i had to contact Randy, i had the standoffs and brackets in my cart the first time and fucking had to redo the cart and must have missed the fucking things the second time.

What a shit system that sells something you need separately. Like fuck! So now wait weeks again, pay stupid international freight again for something that should have been in the kit as i had to specify the fucking model i wanted. I have three of the stupid fucking things that don't fucking fit now.

This totally sucks.

Edit; I totally suck. Randy told me to have a better than blokes look and i found the shield under the packing in the box.

Totally me and a fantastic product, i worked out how to lower the display on the screen with the menu buttons. will pull it all to bit's again and install the perspex, should i just get some foam to go between the perspex and the display or not worry?

#9709 3 years ago

Thanks, so embarrassed about my spray against a fantastic product. It is the best mod i could have made to that machine.

#9712 3 years ago

Everything else was in the boxes but those. Is that another additional cheap part that is not automatically in the kit but you need to 'finish it off nicely'?

#9718 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Yes, they are sold separately as some people like them and some do not. Now you are hooked on Color DMD and you know what to order you can get a gasket with your next order!

I bought three of them this time, but i only have one machine that needs one so sold the other two at cost. Worked out over $100au cheaper each with the free shipping. i won't be ordering again for a while i hope as there's no machines i need them for. I wouldn't bother doing Hurricane and i have a pin2dmd color to go in Getaway when it goes to the restorers.

#9720 3 years ago

Yeah i had a few problems, including that for some reason my computer won't let me adjust the speaker volume all of a sudden for some reason, so had to really muddle through even though the kind people here were posting links to youtube to help me, i couldn't hear the instructions. It does seem crazy that parts you need are listed seperately, i saw the standoffs and ordered those but have yet so see the seal. Dunno why anyone would NOT want that.

BUT, great product all the same. $700au odd well spent.

#9722 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Can't afford a topper but I did Purchased a LCD ColorDMD for TWD today. Plus one for Metallica, GoT and Mustang. And saved some money.

Love it, same here bought three spent over a grand, but all i could think of was the $100 i saved by doing so.

1 week later
#9741 3 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Are there really people that don't like the foam gasket installed? I know that some people don't have it, but I can't imagine that is because they don't want it in there. I mean....one way looks like it should look and the other way looks like something is missing or messed up. I can see cost, not knowing, not wanting to add it after the install is done or indifference being a factor, but I really can't imagine anyone being opposed to it being in there.

Yeah, fuck that, i don't want my game looking like it's spossed to have that screen in there and stopping all the dust from settling on my perspex and LCD.

#9744 3 years ago

Couple of dollars worth of parts on a 100's of dollars worth of kit? Throw them in and if people don't want to fit them they can choose not to.

Although i spose i'm guilty of it with my own products in places.

#9750 3 years ago

Yeah i put mine in scan to start and never bothered even looking at what the others were like. love it.

1 week later
#9778 3 years ago

Love my Transit Custom. I can put them in without folding the back box down.

2 weeks later
#9797 3 years ago

Mine always deflects of that post with a slight nudge, same as deadpool. Maybe 1 in 20 doesn't go where it can be saved?

#9808 3 years ago

Never played a premium but i like my pro. Played an ACDC premium, but wasn't impressed. i just couldn't get my shots dialed in, it was here for a month on rental too.

2 weeks later
#9842 3 years ago

First mod = good glass. Spend the dosh on a sheet of invisi/vampire glass.

1 month later
#9943 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Just a heads up, the code is not family friendly. I even warn adults when they play the pin for the first time.

You'd be full time explaining Rob Zombie then.

#9946 3 years ago

yeah, LCD. I couldn't believe how good the animations look after being convinced to get one a few pages back.

Sensational upgrade!

#9974 3 years ago

Yeah those little spotlights on a stand is what we use when working on pinballs. Easier than going into menu's too. Just plug that fucker in.

1 week later
#10024 2 years ago

Yeah, adult here.

#10034 2 years ago

I must be odd man out. Love the game, hate the show and didn't make it through two episodes back in the day. Don't watch TV at all any more, so unlikely to get into it before the nursing home.

I like the adult callouts better than the original ones or the g rated one. I can see the comment of the callouts not quite fitting at times, but it's less of an annoyance than it is a benefit.

We love the whistle round here and use it day to day as a general sign to hurry the fuck up in whatever you're doing. I heard it well place during someone's telling of a boring story the other day.

#10036 2 years ago

Yeah i was talked into it here. I thought 'What's the difference if it's red or colour? Same animations.'

Not the case at all, it's like looking at the shadows of things instead of watching the actual things. Night and day difference and you can see what they are trying to portray rather than just a hint at what they are getting at.

#10040 2 years ago

Maybe it was a bonus goal for the factory? Seems a low number.

#10042 2 years ago

Sure, just being lighthearted.

#10050 2 years ago

One of the players here figured that out and showed everyone else too. seems to woprk a lot more of the time than not doing it, so it's common behavior on mine.

#10074 2 years ago

I had an old 61 Corvair rampside up till recently.

Sometimes shit would go wrong with it and you'd pull it to bits, find nothing wrong and put it back together and it would work.

I asked my mate about it and he said that it's a well known fact among car guys that sometimes old cars just need a good hard looking at.

#10080 2 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Did a re-decal on the right side head of my TWD prem. When i bought it the decal and the black plastic under the decal were both peeling badly and could not be flattened down.
First time for me but it came out pretty good[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Deja vu. I said dega vu.

1 week later
#10108 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

My recommendation is to leave it all on default settings to start and see how you like. Don't concern yourself with the settings until you've put a good number of games on it. Only settings I touch on any of my machines are, set to free play, turn the volume off and turn the knocker sound off. Otherwise I like the default settings.

That makes me sad.

santasgrave (resized).jpgsantasgrave (resized).jpg

#10110 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Typo there... turn the volume up and the knocker sound off it should have said... if the rest made you sad... well.. can't help that

images (2) (resized).jpgimages (2) (resized).jpg

I was imaging playing with no sound but mech's.

3 months later
#10332 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I've never opened a new in box game before so no idea how a stock title bob is set. Mine is set super tight. Some people seem to know the desired pitch a game should be set at based on feedback from the designer, otherwise align to the bubble I guess... I'm guessing you were looking to make a point though rather than looking for an answer?

They come with the tilt bob in the coin box.
Or wrapped in foam so as you have to remove the bob to get it off. There's no factory setting, it's operator set.

1 month later
#10442 2 years ago

Buy Houdini then. It's one the same where you can have 20 shit games and then it just all comes together and it's incredible.

Taxi is the same too. Tough game to get a score on as the rules are so linear that you think getting all the characters lit in one ball is impossible, then you do it twice in one ball.

3 weeks later
#10480 2 years ago

Yeppers. I lit Deadpool up, but have done nothing to TWD as i think it's fine and the playfield light show is fantastic in the modes.

#10494 2 years ago

They use coloured gel stuff on deadpool inserts to mod it to look all pretty. Info in the owners thread a couple pages back.

2 weeks later
#10522 2 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

I also got a well walkers belt on eBay from top-notch target shields that will end all torn belt issues. Padded, good tape. Good product.

Link? Mines fucked again.

3 weeks later
#10560 2 years ago

https://www.tanglestech.com/Sub-Woofer_c_16.html

Similar system here for the aussies. You can run three machines off the sub with the mixer.

1 week later
#10582 2 years ago

Do you have to pull it all to bits to do the flipper rubber thing?

3 weeks later
#10611 2 years ago

I have the alt translight and apron decals on mine too. I like them.

#10626 2 years ago

I'd like to powder coat my pro. I kind of like the bone coloured greys on the side and front of the cab. Was thinking that bone looking shaded cream colour. Has anyone seen or done this?

Would love a pic if you have.

DSCF0531[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0531[1] (resized).jpg

#10632 2 years ago

Well after checking 28 pages of images i know that if anyone has done the colour i'm looking at, they haven't posted it in here.

#10635 2 years ago

We harrass people who are caught reading a rule card round here as 'cheats'.

But we harrass them for just about anything.

I have been watching the vid in small sections this morning.

Funny thing is the thing i really wanted to know was how to beat my mate Sean, who seems to know (but won't admit it), at Well Walker.

Problem is it's the first thing he talked about and i've already forgotten it.

IBlameTheBrowniesPunkin

#10638 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

To score well at Well Walker you want to stack it with Blood Bath… stacking anything with Blood Bath really helps with scoring.

Yeah i meant how the jackpots work.
I half suspected that you had to hit a ramp or orbit and then the WW but i think i'm half right.

that's the one i'll check in a couple days when i've watched as much of 2 hours of video i can stand.

#10641 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Mods- How do I get a post locked as a key post? This is my Radiohead NIN sound mod (on top of Cleland callouts). All instrumental and music fits perfectly with theme. I’ve given it out a lot and can’t even imagine the game without it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-nine-inch-nails-radiohead-mix-by-randomkg
Thrilled that I’ll be getting one of these at home later in the year.

Thank you.

#10658 2 years ago

Ha. We use that whistle all the time to tell people to hurry up round here.

Never watched the show, like the cleland code, don't like the NiN tracks, but i do like that people are doing things like that at all.

#10665 2 years ago

I can see a switch.......

#10669 2 years ago

Thanks for the tips. I have watched as much of that vid as i could to get the gist of it. I'm practising dead bounce as part of my skill training atm anyway, so will keep the drops in mind.

I did know they were important, but had no idea they were the focus of almost the entire game.

Appreciatte you taking the time to point those things out to me, thanks.

#10675 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

i think for scoring and getting to terminus wizard mode they are very important but to get to last man standing i focus on walker kills and avoid shooting for them unless ball save is on . by accident they will go down enough to help you on your way

Thanks, but i'm a below average player. the only wizard mode i've ever played was Twilight Zone.

I sometimes think it's possible for me to get there on AFM, but i would never get all the achievements in one game.

#10687 2 years ago

No JJP support mate.

#10689 2 years ago

You can't take the LTG out of LTG.

Little Technical Guru.

1 month later
#10793 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Anyone know how to replace the bash toy? I have an updated version from modfather (which looks great) but not sure how to remove. Figure I’m not the first….

I spose if you really get stuck you can read the instructions?

Screenshot 2022-04-02 085202 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-04-02 085202 (resized).jpg

#10795 2 years ago

Sorry, that's all i got.

1 month later
#10841 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Looking forward to your nine part deep dive into The Walking Dead (Premium/LE) code intricacies.
I've got $20 that says you can't roll the score.

following. How do i get in on the $20 against you? Does it roll at a billion?

#10843 1 year ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Nope. GC on mine is around 1.5 billion, most of that score was from one shot that was worth about 900 million.

He's good, but i dunno about putting money on him being ten times as good as everyone else.

#10861 1 year ago

Shame i'll never get to see it....

#10880 1 year ago

Yeah, a look wouldn't hurt.

1 month later
#10906 1 year ago

I got talked into putting a colordmd in mine in this thread. It made such a huge difference that now i put them in all the machines i really want to keep. Go the led one too.

Added 21 months ago:

Typo mistake I have the LCD, not LED.

#10909 1 year ago
Quoted from roar:

1. ColorDMD
2. Shaker motor
3. Remove all other mod's

Even pinwoofer?

#10912 1 year ago

Get off my playfield!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

I like it.

#10918 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Missing out by not having LCD on this machine. The Hi Res mode is unbeatable...

Sorry, my mistake. I have the LCD on all my colordmd's. I like the smoothing one. I have it on Tron, Judge Dredd and TWD. I have a spare one here that will go in the NBA Fastbreak that a guy here is restoring to sell to me.

I have an led pin2dmd in Indie that was in it when it came. I like the LCD heaps better than the dots.

#10924 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Yea thats definitely where we disagree. When I put the anti glare on TWD, I was very pleased with how much more clear everything looked.
But they arent cheap, so I do get that...

1% the cost of a new machine. Gotta be one of the cheapest, best value mods out there. People spend more than that putting dolls on their playfield.

3 months later
#11054 1 year ago

Ball baron ones are what i use.

1 week later
#11066 1 year ago

You'd go to jail for having that here.

2 weeks later
#11084 1 year ago

Just put Precision Halographic flippers in TWD. What a great mod, these things are the business.

twd2 (resized).jpgtwd2 (resized).jpg

#11086 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Any installation issues? I had a friend put some on his Hook and had to do a little modification around the bushing.
Nothing a Dremel didn't make short work of.

No, 5 min job on TWD, the pinch bolts are easy to get too, unlike DP. The bushing comes out with three screws, the new bushing and shaft slip in and three screws back in.
Tighten all up securely then drop the playfield and put the flippers in from the top with the screws holding them down

Lifting playfields for flipper adjustment is a thing of the past and you can now make small incremental adjustments from the top to droop the flippers slightly to hit the drops.

These things are going to be mod of the year. Well deserved for the engineer that's producing them too.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system

#11093 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

So reading between the lines it sounds like they made a big difference during game play? How much is a complete set?

They make a very big difference to the perception of game play to me. It's not reflected in scores at this point, but others have said they are noticing particular hard shots are easier (for me it's Gem on Tron), and suggesting their scores are improving.

As to whether they are truly more repeatable accuracy wise, I doubt I'm a good enough player to notice that.

As to whether they enhance my ability to feel and control the ball, i absolutely do feel that is the case.

They work out at a couple hundred $au a set for me in Australia, dunno how many grand greenbacks that is.

#11095 1 year ago

Thanks mate, try to say it as i see it.

The cosmetics are one of the main drawcards for me, but i know that everyone see's art and function in different shades. I already had black bats/red rubbers in TWD, they just look better to me.

Consensus, even now from flynibus, is that these things are fantastic in their ability to make people look like better players, and the developer is an engineer who listens to feedback and is still making constant improvements.
People were worried that the bushings would wear because of the shafts and metal on metal (they wouldn't), so John incorporated oilite bushings into the next gen of bushings.

They were worried that the ball could contact the ridge under the rubber at the point of the bat (it could with thin rubbers) so he redesigned the shape of the supporting ridge to eliminate that.

#11097 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

You could say the same thing about Super-Bands.

If you'd like to you can. I wouldn't.

Could say the same thing about practice though.

#11099 1 year ago

It's on location, yes? And you mean the pricing cards?

3 weeks later
#11121 1 year ago

I have the comic style and like it much better.

ff15 (resized).jpgff15 (resized).jpg

#11123 1 year ago

I have the cards too but they faded. Machine doesn't get any real sunshine either.

1 week later
#11146 1 year ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

Thinking of joining the club tomorrow. If I do how do I find and install the custom speech I hear about that includes curse words.

Gotta know a guy who know's a guy.

Nah, really, someone will send it to you.

#11158 1 year ago

What he said. It's the best.

#11162 1 year ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

Ok perfect will order that up! Also how do you install a sub, what connection do I need and what do you do to run it to the outside of the pin to the sub?
Another Question, can we convert TWD for a Insider Connect system or is connect not compatible with SAM?

Order the cable as well when you order your pinwoofer and put it out the bottom or back of the cab by pulling a staple or two from the mesh coverings.

#11181 1 year ago

There is one other way to reset the high scores. It's the one i always rely on.

#11183 1 year ago

I wouldn't rush into it. They don't make as much diff as people say imo, but it's hard to put it back on after you've chopped it up.

Make the game steeper if it seems slow, it should be fast and that may not be the reason.

#11185 1 year ago

Yes the Nine Inch Nails one, not my fave.

2 weeks later
#11214 1 year ago

33d.gif33d.gif

1 week later
#11231 1 year ago

Read the left score card?

We call it cheating round here....

Nah, tilt forum is my goto if i start learning rules.

HitTheDropsPunkin

3 months later
#11364 11 months ago

Getting drunk and stoned, talking shit and playing pinball. Same as most every other day.

3 weeks later
#11405 10 months ago

Noticed a thing the other day where i got an award i have never noticed before. Killed 4 walkers in a row on the barn head and it gave me an award i can't remember. Mass Killer or something like that?

Think it was 1 million points.

#11407 10 months ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Gonna look for this one

Remind me what it says when you find it.

I usually can't get 4 head hits in quick succession as the head doesn't always score a hit.

#11410 10 months ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

When you say “ barn head “…….. you mean the zombie behind the prison doors right……?

Yes, although it's just a head, not a full zombie.

The bash toy, mine doesn't always register a hit, i figured you had to relight it or something.
But the other day i hit it 4 times in quick succession for the prison walker kill thingo's and it gave me an extra award i have never noticed before, it think it was Mass Killer, or something along those lines.

#11419 10 months ago

That's the one i have in mine. Dunno about 'amazing', but it's better than the stock one.

Apron cards have all faded by the way, and the game get's zero direct sun.

#11421 10 months ago

Superfluous analogy given.

2 weeks later
#11457 10 months ago

Very rare i get sdtm from the tunnel. It has to be a slightly weak, but not really weak entry to cause any trouble. Rare that i really need to nudge on the last rubber, but i do it anyway out of habit.

#11460 10 months ago

I must have a different game to you. My pro has a sleeved post at the end of the exit rail in tunnel that the ball passes and touches almost every time it leaves the orbit. A slight palm nudge on the front of the lockdown will get it over to the right flipper if it's not heading there anyway.

Maybe try bending the wire guide in a bit so the ball catches more of the sleeve?

As far as the middle drain from the magnet, everyone who plays here is a firm believer in the double flip.
New players will get their opposition telling them to double flip and explaining it to them.

Less than a couple % drains from the magnet i reckon.

Everything else is outlanes or failed ramp shots. Proactive nudging two steps before it gets near the outlanes is the only remedy. As the machines are on carpet here, slides are difficult for the middle drains.

1 week later
#11488 10 months ago

That's BULLSHIT! Side drain callout on Cleland is one of the best callouts in pinball. I hate the TV show and have never got through more than a couple of mins of the first episode, but i like the Cleland AO package just fine.

4 weeks later
#11539 9 months ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

Does anybody know if the alternative back glass/translate in the cartoony comic book style is still available? And if so, can someone provide me with the link? I’ve been seriously considering getting this game but I translate art is just horrendous and my wife would have a coronary. Thanks!

Wasn't that long ago i got mine, i got the apron cards too, although they have faded and the machine doeasn't get any direct sunlight usually. Maybe 2 years ago?
Link below.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/drawing-some-backglasses-happy-trees

#11541 9 months ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

The apron cards faded or the translight?
Than you!

Card magnets. It does get about 15 mins of sun in the winter mornings.

The cards themselves are not faded, but i might have got them elsewhere (although the art is the same, so maybe not). Translight is great!

DSCF2520[1] (resized).jpgDSCF2520[1] (resized).jpg

DSCF2522[1] (resized).jpgDSCF2522[1] (resized).jpg

2 months later
#11606 6 months ago

Poor little me was very happy to get 290 odd yesterday. Blood bath helped and i increased my best score by 40m or so.

Been at the club all day drinking beer and had a brownie before i went.
Came home with some mates and had one game all day and that was it.

In context, the GC score on my game is 350m odd, so i was after it. Two of my mates are still in front of me though.

DSCF2601[1] (resized).jpgDSCF2601[1] (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#11626 5 months ago

Fuck. I'm like 300 mil and i had to sit down for half an hour after that.

IForgetToBreathePunkin

#11633 5 months ago
Quoted from Pinoffski:

I was selling my machine with topper a while back and had no interest from anyone
so i thought sell the machine without topper still no interest
and offer the topper separate
it was just crickets...... lol
will put the topper back on it
and now just save up for the next pinball ...

It's incredible. It goes back and forward with Tron for me as the best Stern i have ever played.

There's a guy advertising a Tron pro atm for for $19.5kau.

#11637 5 months ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

I am looking for the zombie head shooter rod from stern!
Magicchiz

I think there may be one of those dirty looking things in my coin box. I like the heavy stainless custom ball rods.

I'll have a look later.

ff14 (resized).jpgff14 (resized).jpg

#11646 5 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

So many rumors about a tron remake as well.

Started as many as i could.

Asked Gary twice.

#11654 5 months ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Still a ton of clowns here in Aus trying it on with prices. I have a laugh nearly every day still on the FB groups here. There's a guy here currently trying to sell an operated Avatar LE for $19K as well. Now seeing a lot of machines sitting on sale for months on end.

Be happy to get the 19k for my Tron pro they are asking too...maybe.

#11657 5 months ago

Still trying to find a colour for my pro.

Tossing tween Dragon's blood and Illusion Malbec atm

#11658 5 months ago

Just realised my mistake. I'm looking for the right red, and i should be looking for the right black.

twd5 (resized).jpgtwd5 (resized).jpg

There's nothing in the image thread of black powder i don't reckon.

2 weeks later
#11681 4 months ago

Double flip is standard round here. Maybe legend, but i hear it passed on lots and do it myself.

1 month later
#11709 3 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m hosting women’s state finals soon, and I’ve decided to finish a project I started a few years ago. I absolutely love Cleland’s mix, but there are some callouts that are a bit much for mixed company (example: “I just slipped my dick down your throat, and you thanked me”). I’ve replaced these with other callouts. I know that I’m censoring a masterpiece, so I only planned to keep this for myself. But if anyone else is interested, let me know. I also reverted the shooter lane music back to the original.
So basically, all the callouts with dick, pussy, balls, fuck, bitch, nuts and panties have been replaced. I didn’t change the callouts with “shit” or “crap”. Anyway, this might be good if you have young kids. God knows the original audio is awful - worst callouts ever (until Stern hired Richard Dreyfuss for Jaws).

Don' neglect Sword of Rage in that list.

4 weeks later
#11726 72 days ago

It's probably one of the only two i play every day in the front 6 atm. Gorgar gets the most with at least 6 games a day, and i normally have a couple on TWD as well.

DP is up temporarily and gets a play or two most days, specially if i have friends here.

It's in bad company, so that's really saying something for this game.

ff23 (resized).jpgff23 (resized).jpg

#11728 72 days ago
Quoted from Merendino:

That's a great line-up punkin

Cheers, usually a couple single level games on the other wall. I swap them all in and out, although Tron hasn't moved (except to go to shows) since it got here, and TWD is a pretty permanent fixture too.

R0010297 (resized).jpgR0010297 (resized).jpg

This is a little front space in my warehouse/home where i sit most days and I have friends drop in most days.

#11730 72 days ago

Some great games there, Black Night Premium has been here on swaps a few times as my mate has one. One of the only other Sterns i like before they went mental code wise and art wise.

Played Stranger Things in comp once and liked it too.

The rest of mine are down the back in the games room sectiony bit, they'll be all lit up in a couple hours as it's comp day here today.

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/punkin/collection/current

pb39 (resized).jpgpb39 (resized).jpg

#11732 72 days ago

Lucky lady. I don't have to share, but i share with my friends and with the public as i take them to shows and open my house for comp once a month or so.

#11737 71 days ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Flipper angles best pointing at the dots or dropped?
Tough game

The game relies on the drops down on the left, so at least the right flipper slightly drooped will aid in that. This is where Precisions really shine. You are able to adjust the angle without lifting the playfield, so adjust-test. Adjust- test. Adjust-test, then put the glass back on.

3 weeks later
#11762 46 days ago

My drops won't come back up, is that likely to be just a connector or broken wire, or something more technical?

#11764 46 days ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

At all, or after a completion? If not at all, I would look for a broken wire on the reset coil, first. If not after a completion, but still resets at the start of a game or ball, then I'd think an opto is dirty or bad on one of the drops, so the bank isn't seeing they've been completed.

Thank you, they do come up at start of game, but not on completion.

I'll look and see if i can clean the opto, are they under the playfield or on top?

If they need work i'll have to wait till my mate who tech's for me is here.

#11767 46 days ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

They are under the playfield. There should be a pcb with the optos on it. Each target has a little fin that passes through the opto beam to register the target. You may have to disassemble the mech to get to the optos to clean them.

Thanks, i'll wait for my mate. Above my technical abilities.

I'm limited to checking connections, rebuilding flippers etc.

#11770 46 days ago

Thank you guys. Got good and drunk and took the glass off.

Q tip must have worked, because i started blood bath.

R0010351 (resized).jpgR0010351 (resized).jpg

QTipForReferencePunkin

1 week later
#11773 33 days ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

It scares me at the thought of me ever touching my machines after drinking! I'm pretty sure I'd break something ,and I probably shouldn't even play them while I'm drinking.

My life is a big adventure. I play hard, break bones and loose blood regularly.

BadGrampaPunkin

3 weeks later
#11787 10 days ago

Come do mine. It's getting played more than anything atm. Along with Gorgar.

#11793 7 days ago

I was doubtful that colordmd was all that i was told it was here. Decided to do it as i wasn't planning on selling the game anyway.

Night and day difference. That and a sound upgrade to Pinwoofer is the two most important upgrades to me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider punkin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=punkin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.