R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg
IMG_1737 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
pb39 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4590 6 years ago

Joined the club a week ago with a premium and can't stop playing. Even though I bought new from distributor, the unit shipped had been sitting in a warehouse somewhere with an Aug 2016 build date with a 1/8" layer of dust on top. I only throw this date out there so anyone can warn me if there are issues with certain build dates that I should be aware of, otherwise I don't care.

Been too busy playing to do any mods yet, but I can tell you that the game is kicking my ass and is tougher than any table I've played in a LOOOONG time (even my buddies IMVE). I consider myself a decent player and want to see how it plays from the factory (I set it at 6.5deg), but I can tell you that the outlanes have tractor beams on them for sure and the STDM middle drains from the prison magnet are happening probably 60-70% of the time and no amount of flipper-slapping/nudging has been able to save it most of the time. Occasionally, the magnet will do a flip to the ball and give me a chance, but more often times than not it just hurls it down the middle. Just seems super unfair.

My questions are... 1) Any adjustments to the prison magnet to help? 2) Am I complete failure if I do something about the outlanes? and 3) what must-have mods do people suggest that I should do immediately. I did already order ColorDMD, but that's it so far.

#4593 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Hit both buttons at same time after the prison magnet grabs the ball during the prison animation to cancel it and the magnet will lightly throw ball so it doesnt go SDTM.

Yeah, funny thing is I had already tried that many times because of my impatience. Learned that with my LOTR that if you want to time out a magnet capture, just hit both flipper buttons. You are right that it doesn't "fling" it STDM with as much speed, but it definitely drops it STDM. I'll try that a bit more, because at least it gives me a chance to do more of a slap save that way (not that I enjoy doing that every time for a feature that shouldn't need it). The rotation of the prison magnet by 90deg has piqued my curiosity, so I might have to try that.

As for the outlanes, I've owned pins for close to 15 years (only on pinside for 1 yr) and know how to nudge most balls out, but none of my usual techniques seem to work on this game. Oh well, I'm always up for learning new techniques.

#4599 6 years ago

Followup from my earlier post. Thanks Spyderturbo007 for the tapping the flippers a few times comment. I had actually been either holding both flippers to release the magnet (which just mostly let it drop down the middle) or trying to nudge the machine as the magnet hurled it STDM (mostly unsuccessful). However, a combination of both of those seems to be the best for me now in my last few games. I hold both flippers to release the magnet, then, immediately as the ball is being released, I tap the right OR left flipper one or two times. I think the flipper tapping activates an off angle magnetic pulse that throws the ball off to the side rather than STDM.

Also... regarding my outlane problem. What is Lesson #1 for playing any NIB game? Well, I knew this, but forgot to go through the playfield and tighten and check screws and bolts. You guessed it. My left lane divider screw was about 5 mm short of being all the way in. This caused it to be really loose and evidently it chose to lean toward the inlane. This caused the outlane to be about 2-3 mm wider and the inlane to be 2-3mm narrower. DOH!!! Because of the plastic ramp lane above this post, I didn't even notice it was leaning a bit until I got into the playfield with the glass off. No help for the right outlane, but as it turns out, I can successfully nudge over there a bit more, where I was having problems on the left.

1 week later
#4662 6 years ago

Question for the group... the lower rollover is only registering maybe 10% of the time. Basically whenever the ball is going very slowly. Works great for Woodbury, but makes it very difficult to hit the skill shots on plunge, especially on later balls where you have to zing it up there. Upper rollover registers just fine even with a quick ball, just not the lower. I'm out of town and haven't looked under the playfield yet, but is this a switch adjustment or something else? Any advice is appreciated.

2 weeks later
#4735 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Got my Walking Dead LE today. ... it smells so bad like cat poop.

IMG_3505 (resized).PNGIMG_3505 (resized).PNG

1 week later
#4813 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It's tough. I had to use a big ass wrench.

I thought you had indicated in previous posts that rotating your magnet core didn't help any.... maybe I misread it. For the life of me, I can't imaging how rotating a metal core would help. I could possibly seeing it help for a short time because the magnetic flux lines in the metal might reorient. But it would only take a few cycles of energizing the magnet to align the magnetic flux lines back in the original direction and the problem would seem to return.

In any case, I used to have a STDM problem when I first got my TWD, but I have been consistently acting like a woodpecker on the right flipper button whenever the ball gets locked in. By tapping repeatedly (quickly I might add) the flipper while the ball is held on the magnet, the magnet tends to pulse a bit just at the time of release and typically causes the ball to go off-center a bit. I can't say it has 100% success rate, but I used to get maybe a 30-40% of my balls going STDM, and I would say now it is in the 5% or less range. As always, YMMV.

#4817 6 years ago

Were you rotating the entire magnet? Or just the solid core in the middle? I'm not familiar with the Goldeneye, so not sure if it's the same design as the annular magnet around a solid core that TWD uses.

#4819 6 years ago

This is good information Mike... I can now retract my ignorance of why it would make a difference. I trust your experience and it sounds like it has worked for others (but not everyone).

#4869 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

OK enough guys. This is going to get X rated if you keep going any further and we don't want to ruin such a great thread!

IMG_3526 (resized).PNGIMG_3526 (resized).PNG

#4940 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Does anyone have a Cleland video? I'd like to see it before I decide if it's a sound mod I definitely want to add or not?
Also can someone point me to where I can find the file for the pro? The facebook dropbox links arent working.

Are you a fan of the show? If so, you'll realize after playing 5 minutes with the stock sound that anything would be better. Honestly, it's an understandable question to ask and I wondered the same thing. But once you install the Cleland mix with clips from the actual actors you'll realize that there's really no other option.

1 month later
#5110 6 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Can't believe that I waited so long to pick up TWD! Here's mine...

I can't believe you waited so long either. Welcome to the club!

1 month later
#5334 6 years ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

Was an intense game until the very end!!!

... and then you went and got yourself bit.

Great score!!!!

#5339 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Call JJ at game exchange in CO
Call Trent at tilt in Cbus OH
Call Melissa at Cointaker

Exactly! I bought my NIB TWD Prem from Melissa at Cointaker. Awesome service. Of course, no issues so far, so I haven’t had to test out any follow-up warranty service.

1 month later
#5455 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Keep going out of town.

And be sure to let cleland know when you’re going out of town... so we can all get the real update!!

#5497 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You don't have the game listed in your collection, but if you're asking about the left ramp then I assume you have a premium or an LE. My two favorite mods by far are Gnassel's BG light and yoyokopter's crossbow. They are both awesome and feel like they should have come with the game from the factory.

I just installed Gnassel's BG light in my premium a few weeks ago and agree 100% that it completely changes the effects on that mode... should have been factory.

I keep trying to pull the trigger on purchasing the yoyokopter crossbow, but can't bring myself to do it. Actually, the crossbow is one of the only features of the premium that I have realized I could have lived without if I had gotten the Pro. And to top it off, this last week, my crossbow has been holding the ball and not loading/deploying properly or firing properly. I'll have to check some switches I suppose... anyone else run into this?

But still happy with my decision to go with the premium for sure.

#5501 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

My crossbow did that when I first got the game and it was a matter of adjusting the two switches on the Crossbow. Took a bit of trial and error to get it to work just right but it hasn't given me an issue since. Back when it didn't work I'd get super frustrated but now I've grown to really like the crossbow! Way more satisfying than just shooting the shot with the flippers.

It worked for like 6 or more months and was never really very satisfying... but maybe I need a plastic crossbow on top to get the full effect. Mostly just seems to slow the game down. Even more so when it hasn’t worked the last week or so.

#5544 6 years ago

Just installed Cleland 1.60 on my prem and played 1 game after to test. Put up a 498mil GC, my best score to date. Don’t think the new code had much to do with it, but I could be wrong. Had like 93mil in Riot and a 7x multiplied wellwalker multiball jackpot for 63mil. I’ll have to read again, but don’t think those were affected by the code update. In any case, still my favorite game and won’t be leaving anytime soon.

#5548 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

The fact that not 3 but 4 walkers are lit makes you build up your multipliers faster (every 2 walkers is + one X on your shot multiplier).
That and increased scoring on barn, tunnel, arena. But also higher crossbow values, higher victory laps in multiball, ...
So yes higher scores is a logic thing.
But who played the horde escape already? I did for sure, but what do you think about it?

Thanks for the summary. That makes total sense now. I need to study the rules a bit more for sure.

#5549 6 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

The magnet on my TWD doesn't do much of anything when it is on in a mode. It will throw the ball maybe 3 or 4 inches and very weakly.
Any of you have a different experience? Your magnet really slings the ball? Or, does it just dribble down the middle like mine does?
Mike in Kentucky

Hey Mike!! My TWD Well Walker magnet threw the ball into the drop targets a couple times today after my code update. I’ve also seen my prison magnet throw the ball up through the Riot lane (even before the last update).

Tony formerly from Kentucky

#5609 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Is this still available?

Pretty sure it is... just got mine a month or so ago. PM Gnassel and he’ll give you details.

#5614 6 years ago
Quoted from Olbighoss48:

The only issue so far is that my USB drive isn't recognized, so I will need to pick up another to update.

You might try reformatting your existing USB stick and make sure it’s FAT32. That seems to be one of the reason some sticks aren’t recognized.

#5623 6 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

You didn't get lucky, that's the machine as reported by most every owner... then there is pinside.

I love this response!! And I love this site... but it can sure get frustrating when the machines you like are crapped on by a few and the mob mentality takes over.

3 weeks later
#5817 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Just make sure the file name is TWD160.BIN on the root file system of your memory stick.

The file name can be anything... as long as the .bin extension is there. Also should be the only file on the drive for easy install, but if you have multiple files it will allow you to select which one in the menu on the DMD.

2 weeks later
#5870 6 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I decided to try to make a metal apron for TWD LE.
I had to cut off 1 of the 4 holes for the score cards to allow the crossbow mech to fit. So I’m looking for some ideas on what to do with the left side.
Im leaning toward cutting out a section and adding colored plexiglass with the shadow of a hand or something like that.

flynnsbit is making an LCD that inserts into the apron of a Tron. This wouldn’t work for the left side due to the crossbow... but might be pretty neat for the right side with clips from the show.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-legacy-play-field-lcd-mod/page/3#post-4188529

#5921 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I'm having the same issue with my new Pro.
Not certain, but it seems to happen only/most often when I plunge manually, and not from the auto-plunge.

Make sure the plunger is hitting the ball dead in the center. If off-center, I could see it causing the ball to rattle off the sides of the shooter lane and enter the pops at an angle. The fact that your auto plunge doesn’t do this makes me suspect the plunger rod or tip.

4 weeks later
#6024 6 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

all Multi-Kill lights lit, but no Horde. No idea why.

Unless I’m wrong, Woodbury shot initiates Horde once you’ve got it qualified.

1 week later
#6041 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I know this came up before but I can’t figure out how to fix my first rollover switch for the skillshot. It works with a slow plunge but not wirh a fast one. I took it out and it seems to be working fine and I can’t figure a way to raise it. Is it possible to raise it? What else to do? It use to work with a fast plunge

This is common on all most all the TWD machines I've played on route. Some people actually like it that way because it turns it into a True Skill Shot where a softer plunge just hard enough to make it into the lanes will trigger both rollover targets, but a full hard plunge will skip the first rollover.

But to answer your question... what is happening (at least on mine and two others that I've confirmed) is that the first rollover is sitting above the playfield by maybe half a millimeter. So subtle and barely noticeable, but enough so that the ball hits the edge of the rollover and "hops" a bit over the switch part of the rollover. All I had to do on mine was go underneath the playfield and loosen the nuts holding it on the playfield just a couple turns. It's still tight enough on the playfield that it won't move, but this lowered it just enough that now it triggers every time.

I'm starting to come around to agree with one of my buddies who thinks its better where you have to get your plunge just right to trigger it. I'm thinking about going back and tightening it up to the original way it came to me from the factory.

2 weeks later
#6093 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Im getting ready to sell my HUO TWD LE. I am the only owner. Color dmd and a few various mods. I dont play very much and Im sure there are under 200 plays on it. It really is in perfect condition. This may be the wrong place to mention it but often browse club threads of games Im interested in so I thought I would float it out there. Please PM me if interested.

Would maybe help some decide to move on this if we knew where you were located. Doesn't seem to mention that in your profile page.

2 months later
#6585 5 years ago

I'd like to add the railroad tracks mod to the top of my right return ramp. I've seen a couple versions on others machines, but can't seem to find one for sale. I did read that a couple had been "limited" by individual modders. Anyone have one for sale or can point me in the right direction to one for sale?

1 week later
#6648 5 years ago

Anyone have a link to some custom apron cards for TWD? I found at least one version online (pinballcards.com), but nothing that struck me as what I'm looking for.

#6667 5 years ago
Quoted from doublestack:

After a cliffy carbon ring I put on the magnet for the prison it seems like it's not registering hits to the doors as much? Thoughts? Anyone else experience this? Just cleaned it too and it's fast as hell so I'm not sure if that is altering it too.

Ball hop most likely. Been reported by others with cliffys and/or raised magnets. Ball is getting just enough air to fly over the optos.

2 months later
#6893 5 years ago
Quoted from Lemank:

I need this game

Truer words were never spoken.

2 weeks later
#6944 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Why is the blood dripping sideways?

Quoted from crwjumper:

Because the head was folded down when the bloody hand grabbed it

That's better than my answer... I was thinking it was maybe just to annoy Brian!!

#6960 5 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

I only commented because there were a couple of other threads that have popped up recently and I was curious if there was a product announcement or some other dimple/cc thread that prompted people to think about pf protectors en masse.

Must be just early signs of Fall... I know in my yard, all the squirrels are scurrying around getting their nuts in storage before winter hits. And we all know, Winter is Coming!! Wait... wrong thread.

4 weeks later
#7058 5 years ago

Just a hair short of 100mil on a single shot tonight!! Stacked Blood Bath with Well Walker and Riot with a 9x riot shot as part of a combo. Game ended up approx 40mil short of my GC score. The rules on this game are nothing short of spectacular.

20FA202A-575C-4948-A177-ADAB852CEFE4 (resized).jpeg20FA202A-575C-4948-A177-ADAB852CEFE4 (resized).jpeg
#7061 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

not bad... but what about this ?
[quoted image]

Very nice!! I can only imagine that single shot is greater than the majority of GC scores out there.

2 weeks later
#7096 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Looking for bicycle mod - best place to get it? Looking for Woodbury sign too but I think pinball life has...

Send a PM to Gnassel ... that’s where i got mine.

#7108 5 years ago
Quoted from PinRush72:

Don't want them hearing, that's the kind of thing that just tickles my B**** lol.

Tame by comparison when you consider that A Baseball bat doesn’t have a $#*^%...

3 weeks later
#7241 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I really dont think it's a hardware issue.

I'm thinking that the only thing that would explain the differences between machines would be 1) hardware and/or 2) setup. We are running the same code (at least I hope everyone's updated). I know others have chimed in and add me to the list to say that I have almost no stmd drains from the prison magnet. I would venture to say maybe like 1 in 50 at most and possibly even better than that. I really feel for you and the rest who have this issues because it would frustrate me to no end.

1 month later
#7362 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I don't know how you guys remember all the details.

Don’t worry, most of us don’t remember it either... we just ask Erik when we’re stuck for an answer!!

#7369 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Then he said it's time to go.

Probably while trying to remember where he put his USB stick so he could reload the code and reset high scores.

2 weeks later
#7415 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

After your first mode it takes more than one set of drops to light the modes again.

Exactly this. I believe on factory it’s the 1st set, then twice dropped after that (3rd, 5th, etc).

1 week later
#7459 5 years ago
Quoted from getadam:

I'm joining the club this Thursday when my TWD arrives! I'm psyched because I love Lyman coded games.
I've never actually played the game. So my question is about the @cleland sound package since my game will come pre-loaded this way. Since I never have played TWD, do I lose any callouts that provide instructions with Cleland? Until I know how to play the game I want all the rules help I can get.
If I do decide to reset to the standard code, can I still get the Cleland code?
Thanks all!

Cleland code is the best, but yes, you do lose some instructional callouts from the stock code. I can’t remember just how many, but a few for sure. If you want to learn on your own without watching a tutorial, you might want to reset to stock just to get a few extra hints here and there. Added advantage of making you appreciate the Cleland code even more when you do install it. And you will definitely want to install it after listening to the stern stock hillbilly for a bit.

#7475 5 years ago

It goes without saying... you want/need to update and it will feel like an entirely different game.

3 weeks later
#7567 5 years ago

This whole discussion seems a bit like the movie groundhogs day. I'm sure I've heard it all before. That's not to say that it's not important because it is. And a couple of you complaining are close friends, so I trust that your experience is frustrating. TWD is one of my favorite games in my collection and would be among the last couple to ever leave. But, I would invite each and every one of you to come play my TWD premium and you wouldn't be saying 1 single thing about the prison magnet. I can count on one hand all the times my magnet has thrown the ball STDM when I play. I can't explain it... I've never done anything special to my game. Don't really pay attention to the left to right level or the pitch. Maybe I just got lucky on my initial setup. I really wish I knew what the difference was so everyone could replicate it and have the same experience. Same goes for the pops. I get maybe 1 out of 30-40 that goes down the middle... has to be exiting the pops at just the right speed. And typically when it's coming out at that speed, I realize it's going down the middle, but my reaction time is to late to slap save it. I'm sure better/quicker players could save most of those (even how few they are).

#7575 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I will be there! lol
My pro isn't going anywhere any time soon. as a matter of fact, it is now the oldest game in my collection since I've started collecting (only about 2 years now?)

I’ve got a guest room with your name on it. As for the collection comment... hmmm, maybe we need to setup more of your games to throw the ball STDM. Maybe then you’d hold on to them longer!!

#7578 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Space and money Tony. Space and money...

And I know one day in the future you’re going to need that Magneto space and a little money...

#7600 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Trying to convince myself to drop coin Into a colordmd for my twd pro.
But than which type? Led of lcd? The videos I found look to be all in high res eg lcd Display.
I have an acdc and met with smartdmd in highres mode but also a tspp with a pin2dmd which is a led display and these colors really pop. However, tspp is also cartoonesk so this fits led better I think.
Any opinions out there?

I realize I'm in the minority, but I have LED on two of my machines and they look great. TWD is one and SMVE is the other. I don't disagree that the LCD looks awesome and I have it on way more of my machines (maybe 6-7 or more), but I wanted to see if I'd like the LED... figured I could sell it for $30-40 cheaper if I didn't like it because someone would snatch it up since these never go on sale. If I had it to do over again, I might choose LCD, but I might not... depends on how I feel that day I suppose. It's that close in my opinion (for certain titles).

1 week later
#7614 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I am totally up for the idea that SDTM out of the pops being a setup issue... but if it is... how do I correct it? I do very little nudging on my pins so I'm guessing I am going to be even more susceptible to SDTM from the pop's than others but what slope should I be at? My bubble is in the middle and I'm level side to side on the game. It is entirely possible for me to drain SDTM with multiple balls in a row.

Increase the pitch a bit and see if that helps.

3 weeks later
#7651 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I only saw a few pics, but has anyone put bloody hand/splatter decals on their TWD?
amazon.com link »

The TWD over at Blue Moon Bar and Grill had blood splatter vinyl on it when I played it over a year ago if I remember correctly. At least that's my best recollection, but take that for what it's worth. Maybe kettchxxii might be able to tell you more or if they're similar to the ones you linked. I wanted to do this to mine after seeing his in person, but never got around to it.

2 weeks later
#7768 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Just ordered the color dmd.. 420.00! Pretty expensive upgrade. Can someone recommend the latest and greatest firmware with updated sounds/music?

Personal preferences vary... but general consensus is to go with Cleland’s masterpiece with callouts taken from the show. That’s my vote at least.

#7794 4 years ago

Can you define what a cheap drain is?

1 month later
#7930 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Changed mine. I’m thinking closer to 15k.

You ok, Erik?

#7933 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Never been better. Won the NKYPO and now headed to City Champ!
Btw the more I think of it, I’m not sure Stern has produced any game more than TWD.

Congrats on the win!!

... and I should know better than to question an accountant!!

1 week later
#7954 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I have isolated it to the flippers changing the code did nothing . If I use the left flippper sometimes It triggers well walker anyone know what to do now ?

You should be able to go into the switch matrix test and flip the left flipper and see if any other switches activate. Possible bad diode? Or just a very sensitive switch that is responding to vibration. Though the fact that it’s only the left flipper and not the pops or other flipper make me suspect a diode/matrix issue.

#7967 4 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I just picked up TWD Premium. Woot!
Quick question - it came with the 1.6 Cleland ROM. I have never really heard the original ROM to compare the difference in sound. My first take is that the Cleland ROM has a lot of random call outs and many don't seem to be related to anything happening. Kind of reminds me of Data East games from the 90s that did the same thing.
How does the original ROM compare? I've heard that the -voice- of the callouts is kind of terrible, but does the original ROM use more instruction and does it actually related to what's going on in the game?

You can try the original just so you’ll appreciate Cleland even more. You asked the right question though, because the ONLY thing the original has over the modified code is that some of the callouts are instructional in nature. But still nowhere near worth putting up with the hick callouts.

1 month later
#8205 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I put mine on 10 ball and barely got it. Haha

I was reading the last few posts and got re-energized to try to get to LMS again. I haven't been playing it much lately, so was thinking if I concentrated on it for a couple weeks, I might be able to pull it off. I think my highest number to date was in the low 80's.

Then I got to your post and it felt like a big kick to the nut sack. I know your skill level, so I'm not even going to try now... (at least not on 3 ball)

1 month later
#8363 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

Hey everyone I should be joining the club in a couple weeks with a premium and have been reading through all of the posts and mods listed. It looks like one of the big ones for the premium is the bicycle girl ramp but is there any consensus of which one is best to use? I see one from mezel mods as well as a couple from members but not sure of the difference. Thanks!

I have the one from @gnassel... not sure if he still sells them, but drop him a PM maybe. Excellent service and installation when I got mine a couple years ago.

4 months later
#8843 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Is 85m a good Horde score?

Any Horde score is a good score!!

6 months later
#9472 3 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

This is a fairly common problem with this title. I've seen some folks twist or somehow alter their star rollovers. That seems to work. I have the same issue on mine, but it's actually 'more skillful' with mine. With my set-up, you have to time the shot, but also not fire the ball too fast. The 'slow plunge' allows my star rollovers to register.
Maybe give the 'slow plunge' method a try and see if that works (somewhat)? If not, then you can start making adjustments.
Cheers from Edmonton,
Winston.

The reason the slow plunge works is because the first rollover is slightly above the playfield causing the ball to ”hop” a bit and glide over the second rollover a bit too high to register fully. Had this problem on mine and after lowering the first rollover by a very tiny bit, i never have this problem.

Funny thing, is now I miss that you had to be skillful with the plunge like you said... just slow enough to not hop. Now, a fast full plunge will get it every time but definitely not as “skillful” as it used to be.

#9476 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I am a hacker,I scroll to get the best option for the right rollover and fire away

This only works for Woodbury skill plunge. There is no scroll option on the initial skill shot for each ball for the STAR rollovers.

#9477 3 years ago

deleted - dup post oops

7 months later
#10028 2 years ago
Quoted from jvivlemore:

For those running the 'Adult' cleland code what are the big differences between that and the non adult version? I'm assuming more R rated language? Is it frequent, once in a while, etc?

I’ve only ran the R rated version so can’t compare to the other version. Like most pinball callouts, the frequency is sporadic and not overly repetitive with most of the good callouts only being heard once in a while. However, when you do get a good R rated one, there’s no mistaking. My advice, don’t run it if you think there’s a chance kids will be around or just generally don’t want some very graphic language while playing.

Quoted from beergut666:

I bought my Walking Dead used with the Cleland mod pre-loaded and I'm thinking of changing it back to the factory callouts. I didn't watch the show so the context of the "adult" audio is lost on me. It all just seems so out of place and cringey, and that fucking whistling if you leave a ball in the shooter lane really sucks.

I’ve never thought of it this way… you have a point. But, if you’ve watched the show, the factory callouts are painful for sure. And the whistle is pure gold!

2 months later
#10201 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

If you have a really great game on a game you’re selling should you keep it? Just got to Horde on my LE for sale. I may have to take the ad down tomorrow. Horde is so badass.

Great game, terrible game, mediocre game… in all instances if the game you’re selling is TWD, you should definitely keep it!! I just can’t imagine letting mine go EVER.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.95
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=pinzap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.