IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballjj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8302 4 years ago

new member here and loving TWD pro.

It had 2 black rubber post rings on both outlanes which I assumed to be prior mods , I removed as it seemed they almost prevented the ball from going doing the inlane rather than reducing the outlane drains. jury is still out on the drain status without them

in looking at pics I have seen what look like new machines with these in place ,was this the factory setup?

#8336 4 years ago

honeymood phase but I must say this game keeps me pressing the start button ! unlike my other often played LOTR where if you have not made a of progress on the first 2 balls , you can plunge ball 3 and pretty much know this aint gonna be a valinor run, an epic ball is always a possibility on TWD.

The other night on ball 3 had a mode stacked with prison mb and went from that to blood bath mb to well walker and maybe back to prison ? nailing shots, completing modes and multikills and killing walkers , ended up starting terminus and had horde light then drained,, when the dust settled had just shy of 600 mil and 95 walkers .

since then not so much.... love it!

#8343 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Anyone think this zombie would make a good topper for TWD? I have several for sale or trade if anyone is interested. The zombie is 26 x 18", 15 lbs, and made with self healing foam.[quoted image]

to talk like a graphic designer" It does not read like TWD"

needs more nastiness and paint job subtlety , varying flesh tones with decaying skin etc , scroll up to the topper on pic posted by chubtoad a few posts up from here for the "TWD look"

#8348 4 years ago

I felt like the ball was always ending up in the pops after a barn orbit shot so I added a thin piece of felt to the exit just above the entrance to the pops as others have suggested .

WHOA!! CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!!!. no more dribbling out of the pops to a dead flip on the left flipper to a safe cradle on the right, now from a clean barn shot 90% of the time the ball comes flying down at speed to the left flipper where it must be contended with !

Improves the flow IMHO and adds to the brutality !!!

#8360 4 years ago

will post a pic tonight if I can, but not much to see just a small piece of felt or foam stuck on the right exit wall of the right orbit, .

The thickness is critical too thin and the ball will trigger the right pop bumper , too thick and it will bump the ball into the left bumper.
I fine tuned it and found the thickenss of double sided foam tape about right for me.

Probably a good idea to have the thicker post rubber on the arena ramp to give the ball a bump the reduce the possibility of stdm drains as it comes down .

tradeoff with the flow vs the pop bumper scoring, I like the rest you get when a ball is in the pops but the ball can pop around up there for crazy long great during multiball less so during single ball , even with this some barn shots end up in the pops but if makes the glancing well walker or missed tunnel shot a better choice for the pops .

#8375 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Yea I hear ya. I have a pro also. I never changed anything myself but do see how people could think its a flaw as it does stop the flow big time..

Looking back on some older threads , the amount of thickness needed to allow the ball to mostly avoid the pops is minimal, machine dependent but someone found the thickness of a sticker was enough , I am using a piece of double sided foam tape(playfield side not peeled) which is at most 1.5 mm thick . this could as well be accomplished with a slight bend of the metal of the exit to the orbit itself.

Given how little change is needed I wonder if it was not the original designers intent for the left orbit shot to return back to the flipper. I could not find a any detailed discussion by john borg regarding his thoughts. , Not that I need it any harder but it plays much faster and more brutal with the clean orbit return fitting with the survival theme .

2 weeks later
#8392 4 years ago

have been busy playing and modding my pro

added a fishtank with mezel mod flashers,

thanks to an excellent link from cajuntrooper made a prison tower and added lighting to the spotlight and an extra light when the tower shot is lit ,
also added daryl under the cdc ramp and a walker guy to the left upper( might have to change his lighting to other than cool white)

was getting rare balls that would fly down the arena ramp exit on a super clean shot and hop over the exit wireform so added a sign that helps to prevent this. of course had to add a few figures as well

twd 041 (resized).jpgtwd 041 (resized).jpgtwd 043 (resized).jpgtwd 043 (resized).jpgtwd 056 (resized).jpgtwd 056 (resized).jpg
#8393 4 years ago

Had a huge game for me the other night , have been playing a lot and nudging a hell of a lot more than i usually do to the point i have epicondylitis in my elbow.! loosened the tilt to a lot more than my other games maybe a quarter cone in the ring and have tower eb set at 8 and 3 tilt warnings .

monster first ball over 60 kills earning 3 eb , horde and all modes
got to terminus and with lot of mb action and bunch of clutch and lucky shots held it together and got to lms very cool. did not get very far but after lms still had a ball so figured ok now siege.... not to be.. still probably a once in a lifetime game for me.

since then it is back to owning me most games and my elbow still hurts!

twd 050 (resized).jpgtwd 050 (resized).jpgtwd 049 (resized).jpgtwd 049 (resized).jpgtwd 052 (resized).jpgtwd 052 (resized).jpg
#8414 4 years ago

Seems like tapping a bumper switch for the spinner woulbe be about as close as you will get to mimicking their use on a premium

#8415 4 years ago

Putting in some spinners is on the twd is on my list of things to do when I get tired playing

I put some in my gotg pro tied to one of the hadron targets,minimal effect on scoring but though the magic of pinball browser Cleland was nice enough to add a cool spinner sound.fun to rip and a nice add to the game imho

On the premium is there a spinner mode? I thought they were mostly use to add switch hits during ww mb?

#8416 4 years ago

have been wading through all 168 pages of this thread. bunch of good ideas for mods that i have used, found a great idea about replacing the prison zombie head, i think around post 4084 but i have not been able to go back and find the original pinsider to credit the idea( how does one search and find " post 4084"? )

messed around with it this weekend and made "prototype" horde to replace the zombie head using material i had laying around (which does not include a 3d printer!) i have limited artistic and fine tolerance skills but i like it!
'

horde2 001 (resized).jpghorde2 001 (resized).jpghorde2 003 (resized).jpghorde2 003 (resized).jpgtwd ghorde 042 (resized).jpgtwd ghorde 042 (resized).jpgtwd ghorde 041 (resized).jpgtwd ghorde 041 (resized).jpgtwd ghorde 044 (resized).jpgtwd ghorde 044 (resized).jpg
#8423 4 years ago

I love it!!!

#8430 4 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Look at the URL for this page. There are 50 posts for each page. So if you're looking for post #x go to page x/50 and scroll to the post you want.
The number by each post is hyperlinked, I long-press (Android) and click "copy link".

ah , of course !! thanks !

#8451 4 years ago

That is impossible. You changed the width of the tunnel shot from x to x minus (the increased radius of the new rubber).

theoretically impossible but in practice if x is 10 and the increased radius is .1 ( 10-.1 = 9.9) when you round out the answer which is fine for pinball (but not good for quantum physics) you still end up at 10- good enough!

the bigger effect is that extra .1 radius has an significant effect on the angle the ball EXITS the lower post area so when you factor in the remaining distance to the flippers the thicker rubber has a large effect on where the ball ends up.

the tunnel shot is just hard to dial in as you can not see the ball as it gets near the orbit entrance. I have the thicker post and it helps the exit and the difficulty of the tunnel shot seems about the same, everyone once in a while I will get some weird ball bounces from just below the last pop that sends the ball flying down the left outlane but the thicker post has nothing to do with that jusr random "that's pinball" irritations

#8466 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

75 Walker kills on ball one (including 2 eb's). Guess how many I ended up with...

With 4 balls in the chamber not one more walker kill?

Pathetic but I can relate,great first ball though.......

#8482 4 years ago

I switched the outer perimeter gi lights to warm white with a few red sprinkled in , a lot better to my eye.

anyone switch out the cool white prison walker kill and rollovers insert bulbs with warm white ? if yes a picture would be great!

#8527 4 years ago

is there a required sequence of shots for crossbow mode?

I know if you miss certain shots and hit a nearby switch like tunnel or riot it ends but even when I hit any of the lit shots clean such as cdc ramp ,arena ramp or barn the mode ends

#8530 4 years ago

ah, thanks, I thought I had a faulty switch somewhere that was triggering the end of the mode.

I generally am not good at any execution of using the x to hit a big point shot....

if you do start crossbow 3 times and hit a lit shot each time you get a multikill weapon?

#8534 4 years ago

maybe the multikill award for 3 cross bow was taken out of the 1.6 code. it is listed on the pin wiki rule sheets ( code 1.56?) I will try for it tonight!

on the list I think cdc is 3 shots at least, from what I can tell for all mode mk awards the first shot to start the mode does not count towards the multikill award

I think crossbow is lit by dropping the 3 targets while on weapons , completing a tank lights the woodbury shot

#8536 4 years ago

I am amazed at all the little details about the pins we carry around in our heads , its not surprising we mix things up now and then

thanks for the answer to my original question you saved me a bunch of time by not having to look into something that was not broken !!

#8537 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I've had a few close games getting to LMS, but feel like another extra ball could really make a difference.
I get my EBs from 5 and 60 kills, but I'm wondering what the next easiest EB would be?
I don't I've ever seen other EBs, although I think there are two others.

the factory setting is 10 tower shots for an eb , I rarely get more than 4 or 5 in a game , I lowered it to 8 and rarely get close to it. on a monster game 1x had 10 towers on the first ball !

if you get 4 woodburys I think one ofthe options is light eb

#8543 4 years ago

started watching the series have made it to the start of season 3 , cool to see where some of the cleland callouts come from and see the scenes for cdc, barn and riot so far.

awaiting tunnel and the arena scene looks like it will be "interesting" based on the dmd graphics.

1 month later
#8661 4 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Is the premium worth it for this game? I don’t have much play on either but it’s a fun game. Pro seems like good bang for the buck but the premium has a few nice features

About 1/2 the posts in this 174 page thread are about the mods to smooth bicycle girl ramp and the cross bow not working right so there's that....

On the other hand in the premium /LE the walker bombs add a lot to gameplay and are a huge advantage , the spinners and lighting effects seem pretty cool too ( the pro is brutal when the vast majority of lights are out during crossbow and parts of other modes, no idea if the prem does this too). I think I could take or leave the bicycle ramp bash toy and the walker magnet

very happy with a pro but I wouldn't mind a premium, both are great games

#8662 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I bought them but have to admit, I'm a little concerned about drilling into the playfield to install them....

err on the side of drilling nothing more than shallow starter holes for the screws and don't do when you are drunk and it will turn out fine

1 week later
#8691 4 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Joining the club today! Trading my MET Pro for a TWD Premium.
It looks to be in good shape, with the typical wear on the well walker decal (I’ll either remove it or get the pants decal). It has a bicycle girl LED mod that doesn’t seem to be working properly and supposedly is not interactive (only has two instead of four connectors). I wasn’t aware such a thing existed. I’ll likely swap it out for one that is interactive - curious which is the recommended option that is still available for sale?
I’ve got a lot of reading through this thread to do....

not a prem owner but I think the one from pinsider" gnasel" ? seems to be the one to get if you can

1 week later
#8712 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Hey guys,
ive been having an issue lately on my Pro where the Walker bash toy keeps staying open when given a good hit. It goes back down with another hit but its annoying.
I havent taken a look at it but curious if anyone has any info on that?

I would check the spring on the well walker mech underneath the playfield . it may have become deattached. on mine I ended up shortening the spring a bit to provide more tension as the well walker was flopping back too easy

#8713 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Also having another issue I noticed last night when I put the volume down.
When I hit the left flipper button, I get a buzzing sound which sounds like its coming from the speakers. If I hold the flipper, the buzz is continuous.
Any thoughts on that?

mine does similar sometimes I think from the right flipper? if in a cradle

#8737 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

A buddy of mine thought this might be the "end of stroke" switch. Something to take a look at..

I think it might be more of an issue with the coil sleeve , I will look into it

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/right-flipper-buzzing

did you fix your well walker?

#8749 4 years ago

when not enjoying getting kicked in the privates playing twd have added a bunch of mods

spinners , hooked to the left tower switch, minimal effect on scoring maybe 10,000 per spin and some switch hits during ww mb, the woodbury spiinner makes the shot a little harder as a rattly shot tend to be rejected .
wanted to keep the original plastics intact so made duplicate pieces for the 4 pieces that need to be notched

006 (resized).jpg006 (resized).jpg

024 (resized).jpg024 (resized).jpg

#8750 4 years ago

also backlit the bicycle girl and cross bow signs , they have nice art work that is hard to see, and gave the cross bow sign some 3 d with some left over mcfarlane pieces , as usual these look washed out or too bright in the cell phone but in person are nice .

.also added the winnebago on the ramp , went ocd on the lighting as i added 2 3mm leds i had laying around for the headlights as well as the inside dome light . i originally thought it would be cool to have it mounted on a jiggly spring mount but it was too much action so it has a fixed mount

008 (resized).jpg008 (resized).jpg

011 (resized).jpg011 (resized).jpg

#8751 4 years ago

watching the series the governor and the fish tanks was one of the most disturbing scenes so i added him and penny , she has some illumination from a color changing bulb .

004 (resized).jpg004 (resized).jpg

013 (resized).jpg013 (resized).jpg

#8752 4 years ago

Given how important and deadly the drop targets are they needed a little zip , ,translucent ones from zitt, and an amber led strip underneath and a red comet optimax bulb behind

005 (resized).jpg005 (resized).jpg

014 (resized).jpg014 (resized).jpg

#8753 4 years ago

and of course what is pinball machine without a few dolls? a few walkers and some of the main characters with warm white single smd lighting ,i think i have run out real estate on the play field , i am done!

009 (resized).jpg009 (resized).jpg

032 (resized).jpg032 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#8774 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

In The Dark!
I'm having trouble seeing the ball during many of the modes in TWD. I get that the lighting is supposed to be chaotic and generally dark, but many modes seem to kill the GI altogether - or at least the white GI - and suddenly I'm all but blind when tracking the ball. Has anyone here ever used brighter GI bulbs? I was thinking about the absurdly bright Optimus Maximus bulbs from Comet. Not the entire GI, but a fistful scattered around. I have one OpMax wedge for a spotlight and it's stupid bright. If only I had a #44 instead, I could try it in my GI. Even the throbbing red GI during Horde leaves me basically blind. I have factory GI, which, as many you know, is clear-lens 2SMD. Pinball Life makes his "Bright-Fucking-Bulb" 4-SMD's, but they are lensless, which is less ideal for GI. Is the OpMax my only alternative to 2-SMD frosted if I need more illumination in my GI?
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/opmax-bulbs?variant=12387007168556

I think chuck wurt has it about right.

One of the many things that makes TWD hard is the periods of very low light such as during crossbow,( I have old man eyes)

Putting a trough led strip tapped into a constant source might give enough light to at least see the ball on the flipper.

Another idea would be to use the pinduino from prof pinball , with led strips out of sight on the backplate and in the trough or the apron. this is powered independent of the gi and has some pretty nice lighting effects activated by flasher and coils in the gameplay as well you can program your own effects or modify the existing ones if you want. I just got done putting one in my LOTR it is very cool . I probably will put in TWD as well.

2 weeks later
#8785 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Looked up at the dmd and had last man standing ready. I hit the Woodbury shot twice and didn't notice any mode start?
Dont think I've ever gotten there before so wasn't sure what happens.

that's a lot of walker kills!! ,excellent playing!! but so frustrating to get there and not see LMS …. did you get to 115 during multiball or singleball ? ( wondering if it will only start if in singleball?) was the last man standing insert lit or flashing on the playfield and the side flashers flashing?

#8787 4 years ago

the only thing I can think of is maybe you needed to drop the 3 drop targets and then hit woodbury to start it?

1 month later
#8881 4 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Sweet thanks so much. That helps a lot. Couple more questions if you don't mind!
So yellow lights are for LMS progress and not for Horde progress.
What lights the yellow lights exactly?
What is the difference between a horde weapon flashing and lit solid? If you start barn will a weapon start flashing and then when you hit 3 barn shots it will light solid for eg?
If you use your 2x inlane to a yellow light shot does it give you 4 walkers (im guessing not).

as above by roar

what lights the yellow lights is what is on the apron card from mudflaps . THANKS MUDFLAPS!

horde weapon flashing means it is active on your current ball, solid means it has been "completed" , , as far as I know you don't have to do any thing to complete a weapon they will just turn solid when the ball drains, you can have multiple flashing during a ball

correct 2x is just for scoring

#8889 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Since I’m under house arrest, I took another stab at the Multikill card. I like it much better. The color is toned down, some of the rules are rearranged and I added a biohazard thingy. Feel free to download or edit however you like!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

thanks for doing this ! I guess I am like the kid when you say i'll buy you a free ice cream cone asks for one with sprinkles too!
but....

would it be possible to do one without the stippling or whatever the effect on the letters is , I have old man eyes and the effect makes it seem a little fuzzy , (I would try myself but would not know where to start,)

1 week later
#8895 4 years ago

a short video of my pro with pinduino controlled led strips in the trough backboard and under the ramps

#8903 4 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

My best score is around 500M. I’m far from highest scores.
I’ve only played 3-4 times the Horde. Never seen other Wizard mode.
I think i’m not doing completely what is required during modes.
I need to read again rules!

video on increased scoring with doing cdc after barn and combining some barnshots, hit the last cdc with 2x playfield and the x going . ( have never pulled this off myself)

1 week later
#8923 4 years ago

Wow.
Great tutorial.
Thanks!
It reminds me of how little I know my own game!
You make it look easy - surviving, hitting shots, etc.
Nice play!
(Oh, but get some light on that PF for your next video! I can't see anything!)

yah that's not me just a link to a video I came across.

myself I started paying more attention to using the x but it is messing with my mind flow --- scores going down!!

#8951 4 years ago

How many TWD owners are doing this? I would love a true orbit from Barn, but there's a reason why the ball snags a pop as it goes by after a shot to Barn. It's a bit of a marvel, really. Every time I witness it, I'm impressed and I imagine that Borg gave it a lot of thought. The pop fires at just the right instant to redirect the ball into the last segment of the plunge lane, before finally stopping at the Tower target. It's quite a ride! Still, I would rather have the ball sail through to my left flipper!

to the op I think the felt or similar on the ball guide is to allow the barn orbit shots to avoid the pops on the way back to the flippers.

I would try a thicker post rubber on the left crossbow ramp post to bump the ball as it exits if you are getting sdtm drains, pinball life sells.

Jason try it ! it is simple and easy to undo. it makes the game more brutal if you can stand more of a beating .
The brutality comes from how fast the ball returns to the flipper with a clean barn shot and as well it has some variability so say 80% of the time the ball comes back clean to the left flipper the other 20% it goes in the pops , of course the one time you expect it to go in pops it comes flying back.

I corresponded with John Borg about what his intent for this shot was ( the pops) but he thought it was a cool idea and was going to try it himself

#8953 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

So the intended ball travel was for it to go to the pops?

yes

#8969 4 years ago

Congratulations wizard. well done!!

Siege awaits unless you have been there too!

#8974 4 years ago

Not a single guess so far.
C'mon! Let's hear it![quoted image]

Is it something for practicing with the glass off?

#8989 4 years ago

Peek-a-boo!
I see you![quoted image]

I agree with chuckwurt , that looks like a recipe for a big scratch on the insert, looks like you have that metal piece hanging down to reinforce the post at the rubber you can trim a lot off the bottom of the metal without affecting its intended function

let's see what you come up with for the outlanes!

#8994 4 years ago

I would be interested in hearing how your scores change with this in place , have fun with this mod .

for me the outlanes are the momentum killer I either end up tilting or nudging the wrong way .

#9005 4 years ago

You haven’t beaten The Walking Dead (Pro) until you’ve finished LMS, Siege, Horde, and Terminus.

does Horde end ? I thought it just keeps going until you get bit or escape?

1 week later
#9019 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Make sure when you set up a big X shot collect, make it a combo with 2x playfield running.
Best strat to reach Siege? Be accurate during prison multiball. Haha. But I would try and stack blood bath with prison MB so you can get the add a balls and stay in prison MB longer. You probably won’t get to Siege the first go, so have a plan to get back into prison MB a second time and finish up.

have been playing a lot of games with the sole intent to reach siege . usual game get prison mb going make a few shots flail and drain down to one ball and work on requalify prison, throw in a blood bath or two and get the one eb from walker kills. have gotten close to siege with restarting prison at least 3 times in a really good game , finally made it last night hitting the doors for the final shot and locking my last ball on the magnet as the other prison mb ball drained .

Wish I could tell you siege was great but as it started the magnet fired the ball stdm , tilted trying to save it. this game is harsh...…..

#9035 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Effectively I got the 2 green arrows of the ramps strobing and didn’t realize how I made it.
Only green arrows during WW multiball?
I also would like to know how to get louder the jackpot callout. I thing I’m running with cleland mod but need to check and if it is the last update

Can't comment on the color changes in the premium but I think the ramp inserts strobe when you are in phase 2 of prison mb

#9055 3 years ago

I read the old code updates for version 1.6 , apparently siege does not end if you drain and have more balls to go.

I will let you know if that is true if I ever get there again!

1 week later
#9068 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Thought I would share something I learned today. Maybe this isn't news to most. I've been going after siege for like two weeks now on default settings. I always read and thought you could hit the doors and then the Walker for a jackpot. Been trying to do this for this whole time. I noticed today after my third prison mb in a game that regardless of how many times I hit the doors, they wouldn't open. Took the glass off and discovered after 6 kills, hitting the doors doesn't open them. You have to hit a ramp and then hit the prison. There really isn't an audio cue with cleland code to tell you you got a jackpot once you start alternating ramps and prison besides the shaker (if you have it).
Hopefully with this information I can finally attain it. After I do, it's definitely going down to something like 8 jackpots instead of 12 (I have a pro)

I have bashed the closed doors for many games in WTF moments after the first 6 prison kills before realizing the requirements change!

Don't forget to start the second stage of prison mb you have to collect the super jackpot at the riot shot (multikill insert flashes there) after the first 6 prison kills .

as you noted the prison doors stay closed during stage 2 and you hit the lit ramps then prison door x6 , if I remember when you drain down to one ball the doors open ? and you hit it and the ball locks on the magnet and then siege starts .

3 weeks later
#9148 3 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

Exactly thanks, thats the one I was looking for but seems to be sold out everywhere. There are some custom shooters out there but I would prefer the Stern one since its the nicest looking. Let's see if I can find one, otherwise I'll settle for a third party one.

not sure I would call it " nice looking" but look around you may be able to find just the head on ebay or similar and it is simple to drill out and epoxy to a shooter rod shaft.

1 week later
#9165 3 years ago

great deal! if only closer and I did not have a pro

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “For Sale: Stern “The Walking Dead” Premium Pinball Home use only Low plays No playfield wear apart from light/normal dimpling No shooter lane wear No Well Walker hip wear...”
2020-06-11
Minneapolis, MN
5,750 (Firm)
Archived after: 30 days
Viewed: 459 times

1 month later
#9336 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I hear ya on that. The barn mod by Hooked is really nice looking. But yes, it could be smaller. The large zombie bash toy is always something ive thought is funny being so big.

that's why you need the horde!

horde1 (resized).jpghorde1 (resized).jpg
#9339 3 years ago

something I made myself , not that hard to do but I have no plans on entering the mod making business,
I was hoping one of the mod makers with 3 d printing capabilities would start making them

#9343 3 years ago

everything was from the McFarlane kits, got some of the zombies from the kit with rick shooting the gun and then a zombie or two from the prison set. . I made the tower from the prison set and there is a lot of leftover blocks from it that I glued a few together to make a u shaped piece with one of the legs of the u being the wall they stand behind. I added a smd above their heads

I have some pics of the construction I will try to dig up .Have been meaning to redo the original design with some tweaks but have not got around to it..

the original design of twd had like a pinwheel with 4 rotating heads that was simplified to the one head for budget constraints.

#9352 3 years ago

i made thread on the mod page for the horde mod, let me know if you have any questions

https://pinside.com/pinball/connect/pinsidemail/4315548?m=4317580

Added over 4 years ago:

correct link, I have no idea where that other link came from!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-horde-mod#post-5787555

#9356 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Is it just me or does this link not work

updated link

#9365 3 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Had a pro a few years ago and liked it so much I upgraded to an LE. Traded my LE 2 years ago for a Iron Maiden pro for routing.
Met my current girlfriend because of said Iron Maiden on route. She’s a huge TWD and Norman Reedus fan, so I had to get another pro. Very doubtful I’ll be leaving this club again, I’ve missed this game
[quoted image]

Your gf might like this pic if she has not seen it before,there a few other shots on the interweb as well

20190920_144217 (resized).jpg20190920_144217 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#9473 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

The reason the slow plunge works is because the first rollover is slightly above the playfield causing the ball to ”hop” a bit and glide over the second rollover a bit too high to register fully. Had this problem on mine and after lowering the first rollover by a very tiny bit, i never have this problem.
Funny thing, is now I miss that you had to be skillful with the plunge like you said... just slow enough to not hop. Now, a fast full plunge will get it every time but definitely not as “skillful” as it used to be.

I am a hacker,I scroll to get the best option for the right rollover and fire away

#9474 3 years ago

Inspire by jasonjehosophat I switched out the white bumper bodies and skirts.
I was going to do translucent red for both but the black for the skirt looked badass so went with that along with the trans red body and red inlane guides

20200907_145428 (resized).jpg20200907_145428 (resized).jpg20200907_145441 (resized).jpg20200907_145441 (resized).jpg20200907_145417 (resized).jpg20200907_145417 (resized).jpg
#9493 3 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

I'm still having trouble understanding how to exit the Horde. I finished it a couple times where the flippers dropped and the ball was returned to the shooter lane. But I was never able to exit the Horde with a Woodbury shot, though I made the shot many times, with one or two balls in play, after finishing at least 3 rounds of kills. What's the deal here? I'm on version 1.56.
Also, hard prisons shots don't register consistently. Maybe 1 out of 3 shots. I have a carbon-like magnet protector and I seem to recall seeing somewhere it could be part of the problem. I hesitate to take it out if it's not going to make a difference.

you are not "finishing" horde when the flippers go dead but getting " bit" . I would update to the latest code 1.6 as I think the horde escape through woodbury shot was only added recently to the code

#9526 3 years ago

Correct

#9531 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. Confirmed over here too. As soon as ball save was off, EB was able to be collected.

otherwise you would be collecting the eb just by draining a ball during the multiballs. no need to make this creampuff of a game any easier!!

1 month later
#9582 3 years ago

cool idea!. I like that it is all mechanical , it seems like it would be better if zombie stayed up a little longer, without getting into servos maybe you can have the lever activate and catch on a little ledge (ala drop target) and keep the zombie up until the next ramp shot where he drops back in to the box ? just an idea..

1 month later
#9636 3 years ago

I am not sure the programming is fully tweaked for infrequent events like opening the coin door during play. during normal play on mine if the doors are open and there is a lull in switch activity such as a prolonged cradle the doors will close but then reopen after a few switch hits anywhere on the playfield.

1 month later
#9719 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

FUCK! the fucking store wouldn't let my paypal process for hours and i had to contact Randy, i had the standoffs and brackets in my cart the first time and fucking had to redo the cart and must have missed the fucking things the second time.
What a shit system that sells something you need separately. Like fuck! So now wait weeks again, pay stupid international freight again for something that should have been in the kit as i had to specify the fucking model i wanted. I have three of the stupid fucking things that don't fucking fit now.
This totally sucks.
Edit; I totally suck. Randy told me to have a better than blokes look and i found the shield under the packing in the box.
Totally me and a fantastic product, i worked out how to lower the display on the screen with the menu buttons. will pull it all to bit's again and install the perspex, should i just get some foam to go between the perspex and the display or not worry?

I can relate...
I was cursing color dmd after buying a dmd for another game and having trouble downloading the game specific code to the DMD "WHY THE F DON'T THEY JUST DOWNLOAD THE CODE BEFORE THEY SEND IT TO YOU????!!!!#@#@# .

An hour later of usbing and rewatching the you tube install video 4 or 5 times I got it to work and the world was right again.

1 week later
#9736 3 years ago

flashers in the apron and backboard? maybe post a pic of what is there

the only time I can recall the gi is off is during crossbow mode. and it is a cool effect but yes on the dark side if playing in a dark room , you could put an led strip in the trough or wherever else you would like to illuminate wired to a non gi source like the coin door to give some constant lighting

#9739 3 years ago

I see you have a translucent apron so the light pads under the apron make sense , I would probably hook them up to a source so they give a nice glow to the apron all the time but I guess hooked to a flasher could be cool too.

easy enough to try some different bulbs in the backboard. I would think if they are super bright when they go off it will seem even darker until your eyes adjust.

#9753 3 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

What is the purpose of this small solenoid relay (mod-related?) under the jet bumpers? It puts off a high pitch whine.
[quoted image]

El wire mod?

1 week later
#9766 3 years ago

Maybe a typo on the sellers part?

2 weeks later
#9788 3 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

I’m having an issue with the Mezelmods translucent drop targets resting against the rubber behind the 3-bank set when they’re in the up position. The effect is to make it less likely that the target will drop when hit.
The targets appear to be much thicker than the original.
Has anyone else experienced this or come up with an adjustment or fix such as grinding the back down a bit?
[quoted image][quoted image]

those do look really thick and look like they are kind of opaque and the tops are rough , you can probably get by with grinding them and sanding the tops but i would get the frosted ones from pinball life or zitt, they are pretty much exact replacements , put a led strip underneath the playfield and they pop

1 week later
#9821 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Would the Pinstadiums help with the pros light show? I would think they would pick up some of the slack from not having the RGB.

if you want cool lighting effects in the pro get a professor pinball pinduino setup , with led strips in the trough and backboard , strips in channels on the side rails or on the sides of the ramps the possibilities are vast

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/178#post-5558300

2 weeks later
#9877 3 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I thought I'd make the prison look more the part. 1/35 scale razor wire.
[quoted image]

nice touch! is it sharp?

#9886 3 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Pro owners. Had anyone filled the void under the bicycle girl ramp? Seems like it is a good spot for a toy, like maybe the macfarlane bicycle girl (have to make some cuts to fit). Or maybe just add the a static bicycle girl head from the LE?

https://images.pinside.com/2/66/62/2666204f5551da0e4512fadf5236d7e62e86d19d.jpg

1 month later
#10005 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

That is going to make it play different for sure... one of my favourite shots on my TWD was a bank off the left side of the well walker into the Riot shot, I found it to be an incredibly safe shot and a miss on it often collects a target on the left side of prison. Shooting for those targets directly is a dangerous shot directly so collecting those of a ricochet is a nice bonus to a miss. It may still work with the rubber in place, but it'll change the angle and predictability of it.

i love that shot particularly when both the well walker and the riot are lit for walker kills.

that area of the well walker on mine has the belt decal, it is all falling apart , i have an original type one to put on but i have just left it, it fits the vibe for a decomposed water bloated walker fine.

#10016 2 years ago
Quoted from derekbro:

Dibs, I’ll take the railroad track. PM’d you.

NO Dibs bro, lower 48! ( hope you get it , it's a cool little mod)

made a shooter plate

20210425_171211 (resized).jpg20210425_171211 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#10039 2 years ago

Got a little kick at seeing mine was one of the last pro's off the line

20210425_171308 (resized).jpg20210425_171308 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#10089 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

So I got to Horde today for the second time only, and got my GC 500mil.
Was doing well in Horde with one ball left on the playfield and both flippers went dead, ball returned to shooter lane and it said continue and Horde was finished.
Don’t know how well I did and if I got all the red arrows. I’m on latest 1.60 code. Did I finish it? Thought you had to hit Woodbury to get out?
Maybe I got bit and didn’t notice?

i think you got bit i have never got beyond 4 rounds but my understanding is horde will just keep going until you drain exit or get bit but this may be incorrect , how many rounds did you survive in horde?

1 month later
#10147 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I was considering adding the “outlane reducer” mod, but I had a game at lunch today where I stacked Bloodbath and Prison MB and got 277M, but more importantly I had played all the modes and was ready to start Terminus when I drained. This is with the outlane posts in the middle position. I think I’ll keep playing it stock for a few more months. I’m really loving this game.

maybe drop down the outlane posts to the lower position?? or play better haha!! , the mod almost takes away the possibility of outlane drain.

so much fun with stacking multiballs and seeing where you are at when the dust settles . if you have your wits about you you can have blood bath primed for another go round when prison mb ends.

to me terminus is the least memorable of the wizard modes but i think scoring can be big if you have done well in the modes. hoard is great !!
siege is good too!

#10163 2 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

Pretty sure i can Macgyver a way to mount the tank, but I would be really grateful for a wiring diagram and details in the lighting set up.
Sounds like by your description that you have two 4” strip leds plus 3 single white led’s all stuck to tank lid. Thats a lot of wires so I would like to know how you hid them and connected them... any pics?

Here is a pic of a mount I made for the tank ,I superglued it to the back of the tank and it rests on the backboard ,iirc i put another 90 bend on the end to keep it snug on the bacboard
20210620_223134 (resized).jpg20210620_223134 (resized).jpg

20210620_223142 (resized).jpg20210620_223142 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#10230 2 years ago

Looking at the schematic if you find you get no voltage at the red / white from the coin door input suggests an issue before the driver board?

Not sure if you need to override the door interlock to check that voltage?

I have always found pbl very helpful with a phone call

#10233 2 years ago

Ah so the red you are referring to is the red from the shaker board?

Where do you have the brown from the shaker board going?

1 week later
#10245 2 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I was on ball 3 and had 5 weapons solid lit. I got the ball in the Woodbury shot and one of the prizes was “start multikill”. Or something to that effect. I was able to get that and the 6th weapon flashing and it lit the Woodbury shot to start horde.
That had never happened to me before. I’d only seen 1000000 or 2000000 as the most valuable prize.
Of course I drained and didn’t start horde. FML.

The more Woodburys you get the better the options become,I think after 3 or 4 ,EB appears

3 weeks later
#10343 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

sadly not either one of those. it was another more realistic creature to replace the cheesy fat walker

I don't know what happened to the gallery for this thread but I think this might be what you are looking for, it is a twd bank from ebay , I have this one as a topper but if you cut it about in half it can replace the well walker,there is another one with a zombie with a chain around his neck too. If you are not a DIY guy I think modfather used to sell these

20210904_081342 (resized).jpg20210904_081342 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#10423 2 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I'm curious if you get a response because I feel the same way. I had a LE at one time and sold it, eventually buying a maxed out Pro which I love. I think it shoots better than an LE and the only thing I miss on the Premium/LE is the lightshow for the Horde mode.

i put a pinduino with led strips in the backboard and trough , on the side of the right ramp and on the left side rail ( before jjp flash rails or whatever they call them) you can program some cool effects that probably can mimic or surpass the premium light show limited only by your programming skills and imagination .i don't get to horde that much but iirc everything pulses red , between that and the shaker pulsing and the subwoofer pumping it is quite the package .

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/178#post-5558300

#10429 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Is there an easier way to get a mode started other then hitting those drop targets on the left? Or is that the only way?
Thanks

if by mode you mean barn,cdc, riot, tunnel or arena only the drop targets

2 months later
#10595 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBall-Newbie:

I e-mailed Mezel Mods to see if they had any or knew where I could get one. Thanks

i think pinsider Yoyokopter used to make the laser crossbow

4 weeks later
#10650 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thats the biggest part of it for me. I did watch the show until like season 8 or something, until it just got sooo bad lol. But the machine really is based on the first sesaon or so. So with that, i dont want Negan or others in it. The Cleland code is like 98% Negan (whos character was just absurdly annoying in the show anyways).
It has nothing to do with the crudeness. I actually like that kind of humor.
Edit, the machine does have inclusions up to season 4 or so, with the Tunnel, Terminus and Woodbury. On another note, why is there nothing to do with The Governor in this machine? He was a great character.

got to have the governor!

governor (resized).jpggovernor (resized).jpg
#10667 2 years ago

fun mod that adds a little to the game no idea if linking to these posts will work

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spinners-for-gotg-pro

Quoted from pinballjj:

when not enjoying getting kicked in the privates playing twd have added a bunch of mods
spinners , hooked to the left tower switch, minimal effect on scoring maybe 10,000 per spin and some switch hits during ww mb, the woodbury spiinner makes the shot a little harder as a rattly shot tend to be rejected .
wanted to keep the original plastics intact so made duplicate pieces for the 4 pieces that need to be notched
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

woodbury spinner (resized).jpgwoodbury spinner (resized).jpg

#10672 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Thanks for the tips. I have watched as much of that vid as i could to get the gist of it. I'm practising dead bounce as part of my skill training atm anyway, so will keep the drops in mind.
I did know they were important, but had no idea they were the focus of almost the entire game.
Appreciatte you taking the time to point those things out to me, thanks.

i think for scoring and getting to terminus wizard mode they are very important but to get to last man standing i focus on walker kills and avoid shooting for them unless ball save is on . by accident they will go down enough to help you on your way

#10673 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:Those prison targets can be drain monsters… making it easier to hit via the spinner changes the difficulty… like adding the spinners to a MET it’s nice to be able to rip the spinner, but it made getting band members easier, not sure they were worth it for me in the end.

i would not hook them up to a drop target, hooked them to the left prison door target, ( it gets hit all the time on errant riot or prison door shots ) . i have not seen them have a big effect on scoring or make the game much easier.

#10676 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Thanks, but i'm a below average player. the only wizard mode i've ever played was Twilight Zone.
I sometimes think it's possible for me to get there on AFM, but i would never get all the achievements in one game.

i suspect you are too modest. keep playing and you will have a game where everything clicks and you have some stacks of well walker , blood bath and prison multiballs and get all the weapons lit ,all of a sudden horde is flashing and you make the woodbury shot and one of the most awesome modes in pinball starts . HORDE!! , a true coding masterpiece, enjoy it!!!

#10677 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Prison door targets activate the 2X pf target, no?
if anything, I would choose a rollover switch, something that is pretty inconsequential and has minimal scoring impact.

i think yes hit each stab and then the riot/tower shot? for me the left gets hit a lot by accident so i put the spinners there , the right stab is more an aimed shot for me.

i usually play more to get to the wizard modes than for score but for me one of the great things about twd code is all the scoring intricacies as well, i should pay more attention and plan more for the 2x and x lit shots but i almost always fail at the mega multiplied money shots

#10680 2 years ago

i never thought of putting it there but will try it , seems like a good idea ..

also will review some of the scoring stuff iirc there is some cool factors with the multikill scoring? and of course the mythical to me completing cdc with 2x playfield on an x shot to consider

#10693 2 years ago

Figures are from Mcfarlane " the governor's room". Amazon or ebay etc

1 year later
#11555 8 months ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Has anyone here rebuilt their pop bumpers? Mine need to be rebuilt and I was thinking of going with a different color for the bodies and skirts, like transparent red or black, but not sure if that would look good or if it's just better to leave white.

If you look in the gallery I think I put up some pics with black,translucent red looks good too

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 16.00
7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballjj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=pinballjj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.