R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg
IMG_1737 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
pb39 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballhelp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1457 8 years ago

I tried to do a semi-short review of this game (software 1.56)... my camera cut off after 20min but I tried to sum up my personal opinion of TWD. I'm hoping to to more of these types of reviews. I'm reviewing it as a "player game" - the gameplay more than necessarily being a fan of the theme. In general, I enjoyed the game. I think it's an interesting design; I like the short ball times and the challenge.

#1460 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

"The main difference is basically how much money can they get out of you...?" That was great, and I 100% agree with you.
I am all about a company making money, but releasing difference versions of the game and calling it "more options for all" is a specious way of saying "We want more $$, and if you don't pony up what we want, enjoy the crippled version." Such crap.
So far, great review!

However, IMO, I think the Pro version is better than the Premium. The crossbow seems to be more gimmicky than anything else. The extra features of the Premium/LE don't seem to add very much more to the gameplay.

#1466 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

If the walker bomb was present in the Pro, I'd be good. It's very.......annoying to see the tiers be completely different games in some respect.
Metallica was a good example of a tier game still playing the same for the most part. The differences in it were minimal (in terms of gameplay).
TWD is VERY different. The challenge of going after BG on the Prem/LE is more difficult than the safety of the ramp on the Pro. Pro owners are on edge every single time we are one shot from a multiball thinking "Boy, a walker bomb sure would be nice insurance right now...."
You want to sell tier systems - fine, but don't make it to where the games play VERY differently. Just a crap thing to do if you ask me.
Loved your review overall! You plan to finish it since your camera cut it short??

In fairness, perhaps I need to put more time in on the Prem/LE. But I really like the simplicity of the Pro game and how it ties everything together. I'll be sure to give it a look.

I did shoot another version of the review - I haven't added any annotations to it like that one.

Interestingly enough, the reason my camera shut off is because the company Nikon put a restriction on how long their DSLRs can record video before turning off - if it's under 10-20 minutes depending upon the mode, it doesn't classify as a "video recording device" and therefore they save on tariffs. I had to dig around a bit before I figured it out. So that's why I only have part of a video - no notice or anything, it just turns off. That's one way to force me to be brief.. lol

In any case, I have a love/hate relationship with TWD, which is kind of cool (I think a game that is too easy to play or not hard enough to frustrate you regularly isn't as good). It reminds me a lot of BSD in terms of how straightforward the objectives are, and how a wrong shot will punish you immediately. If the LE/Prem is even more scary, I'm not sure I'd like that -- the pro is plenty chaotic as is! I really think multiball on the game is where things get exciting and it feels very "physical" when you're in the middle of it. Lots of fun.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 26.95
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballhelp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=pinballhelp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.