IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pbfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6671 5 years ago
Quoted from doublestack:

After a cliffy carbon ring I put on the magnet for the prison it seems like it's not registering hits to the doors as much? Thoughts? Anyone else experience this? Just cleaned it too and it's fast as hell so I'm not sure if that is altering it too.

It is the cliffy Carbon protector. That was an issue with mine immediately after the protector was put on. I removed it after trying everything else. Problem went away immediately I used dental floss under the cliffy to remove it by sawing back and forth and then goo be gone to remove the residue.

It is unbelievable that that thin cliffy can cause that issue but it does ( on some machines).

See post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-prison-optos-dont-always-register#post-4200067

4 months later
#7203 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

All double flipping does is start the magnet pulse early. Per Borg, a quarter turn of the magnet worked for me.

Isn't this just a simple science lesson - change the magnet orientation and the ball path will change? Not sure why folks that complain about SDTM haven't tried this. Many TWD do not suffer from this issue at all (like mine) but the one I used to play on location did it frequently - frustrating for sure.

4 months later
#7719 5 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I'll remove it and see how it plays. Game is hard enough and don't need half my shots not registering lol.

That is 100% your issue. Just be careful when you remove it. You can reference my post on how I safely removed mine.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-prison-optos-dont-always-register#post-4200067

2 months later
#7939 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I switched all my cool whites to warm white GI in my LE and it's a huge improvement!

I did the same thing a month ago. I have no idea why Stern went with cold white on such a dark themed game. I went with warm white Comet LED bulbs for the GI and inserts. I have a few coloured Red LED bulbs in the inserts (Blood Bath & stab targets). Do it - it is a much better look. The bright white when playing in the dark was my only complaint with the game. It is perfect now.

1 year later
#9491 3 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

hard prisons shots don't register consistently. Maybe 1 out of 3 shots. I have a carbon-like magnet protector and I seem to recall seeing somewhere it could be part of the problem. I hesitate to take it out if it's not going to make a difference.

It is the carbon cliffy for sure. Remove it. You can use a piece of dental floss to pull underneath the lip to make sure that you don’t damage the playfield when removing. Then just remove any remaining glue.

#9505 3 years ago

Aaargh. I love to hate this game. Managed to get to LMS once in over 2 years. Siege maybe 3 times and only if I try specifically for that goal. I do manage to get to Horde a little more often now though - great mode! Geese this is a tough game. Between this and IM it is a wonder I am still sane! I love how it kicks your ass and makes you hit that start button again or sometimes just flip the switch off and walk away.

I may have to seriously think about adjusting my settings to make it a little easier. Owning this game makes me want to throw pinballs at my TV when I watch the show! Aaaargh!

2 months later
#9635 3 years ago

Just discovered a weird bug (I think). I had a ball get stuck because an LED came out of one of the spots and got in the Outland which caused the ball to get stuck. I removed the glass and put the ball in the trough. I didn’t turn the game off cause I was having a decent game and I knew that with the coin door ball save on I would get my ball back. However, once the ball was returned to play the prison doors would not open as if the high voltage coil for that did not get the message to get re-enabled despite the fact that all the other coils did. The next ball everything was good again.

So I tried to figure out what was going on and after a while I was able to recreate this. If you are playing a ball and open the coin door and let the ball drain (with coin door ball saver on) the ball gets put back into play when you close the door but the prison doors won’t open. Sometimes after playing a while (perhaps after a multi ball ends or something) the doors start to work again.

It was kind of frustrating during my decent game as I couldn’t start Prison multi ball for the second time on that ball. And my last ball was brutal.

Anyone able to confirm that this is a bug? Or is it something with my game only?

4 months later
#10047 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

1)sure you can rotate the magnet core to help it from draining, but I really think that is just a placebo effect

Are you not a believer in science? How does changing the orientation of a magnet not affect the magnetic field’s effect on a metal object that passes over it? Of course it does. Even rotating the used core (which has a wear pattern) will have an impact. It may be subtle but it is there. The magnet pulses and no matter how you set it up it is going to sometimes throw in down the middle but in some games it is way too often. Rotating the magnet will change this behaviour.

4 months later
#10365 2 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

So do the instructions detail where the holes need to go? Is it under the playable part of the playfield, or under a plastic somewhere?

Due to the under playfield mechanisms on each pin being different the locations will be dependant on that. Simply loosely attach them with the nut to the apron area first and then position them to where they will fit and not affect an assembly. Then mark the spot where you need to drill. I use tape on my drill bit (but make sure the tape does not slip down before drilling your second one). It is pretty simple - I have done 5 Sterns this way.

1 month later
#10445 2 years ago

Why do tournament players not like this game?

#10453 2 years ago

Ok. I misinterpreted tournament players fear of the game for dislike. I love the game but am not a tournament player.

#10455 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Tournament players love control. It extends their ball time and they have more opportunities to score.
The Walking Dead (Pro) forces you to put the ball out of control if you want the points because the biggest points are in the modes and you can't start them without hitting the drop targets.
So a few bad bounces on The Walking Dead (Premium/LE) and you're done and you'll probably get bit on your way out too.
Not only that, you also have to play different modes and all the modes use different shots. Even if you're the worlds greatest left loop shooter after you play Barn mode that left loop won't do much for you. Pick something else. Players can't just master one shot and win consistently on The Walking Dead (Pro)

Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense.

3 months later
#10614 2 years ago

And replace those cold white insert LEDs with warm. No idea why Stern went with cold for this title. Nothing in the TWD world is cold white. It looks much better.

1 month later
#10759 2 years ago

I love the game but stopped watching the show after season 7. Too much rinse and repeat. I liked (to hate) Negan at first but I agree that they kept him around too long as a protagonist. I do like him whistling during the game if my ball rests in the shooter lane too long - it is like a call to arms.

How can Siege be so hard to get to? I have only done it 3 times in all the years I have owned it and even then it is only because I make it the primary objective of the games. Tough, brutal, anger inducing game. I love it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 26.95
7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pbfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=pbfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.