Topic Stats

• 8,289 posts
  • 556 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by YeOldPinPlayer
  • Topic is favorited by 194 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,405 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190920_204738 (resized).jpg
PRO COLOR BLOOD (resized).png
PREMIUM BLOOD (resized).png
TWD alternate translite versions (resized).jpg
20190824_093215 (resized).jpg
s-l500 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
11EA187F-CA67-4CBF-A5EF-B666C2D86950 (resized).jpeg
20190817_104818 (resized).jpg
DE9D5CBB-2E3C-4F67-AFAD-9746180AC45E (resized).jpeg
B94615F7-9965-42AF-BADE-6C5BB92F5266 (resized).jpeg
07FB0307-F475-4C6D-A222-92FFA102C92A (resized).jpeg
IMG_6831 (resized).JPG
IMG_6832 (resized).JPG
IMG_6829 (resized).JPG
IMG20190805123003 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (4 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (3 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (3 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (3 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paul_8788.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2441 3 years ago

I am officially in the club! My TWD Premium yesterday. Unfortunately won't get it setup and playable until Tuesday.

#2498 3 years ago

I finally got mine setup last night after receiving it on Friday. Now time to install Cliffys, plastic protectors and Gnassel's bicycle girl mod. Only issue is crossbow not working properly, hopefully just need to adjust some switches. Then it is time to

#2554 3 years ago
Quoted from netcivil:

Does anyone know if any of the plastic protector sets out there include protectors for theses? I'm sort of surprised I'm the only one this has happened to.

Pinbits set does.

1 week later
#2644 3 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I got the Gnassel BG LED mod and when I attached it the BG head did not detect hits. When I took it off, it registered the hits. Anyone have a similar issue. Thanks in advance.

Nope, mine worked fine. Are you sure you hooked up the leads on the switch correctly? The "A" and "K" leads from the installation instructions have to be connected to the correct sides.

1 month later
#2807 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

You can't accidentally tip over a pinball machine. If you threw one on the ground you should replace it.

lol, yep. If one of my friends did that they would have just bought themselves a slightly banged up TWD pinball machine.

#2872 3 years ago

Quoted from 27dnast:I have a Cliffy on the way, I'm wondering if I should remove the foam pads under the ramp flap to get the ramp flap more flush with the surface of the playfield?

Quoted from Lermods:

It changes the angle just enough to make it a very smooth shot. The cliffy raises the ramp just a little to reduce the steepness and the pads add just a fraction more to reduce it.
I took the pads off with the cliffy and the shot never worked well. Put the pads back on and it's like a hot knife through butter.

Mine was different. I had the pads and the cliffy on, and I found the ramp worked better with the pads off. It wasn't a steepness problem for me, it was keeping the ramp flap flush to the playfield/cliffy. I'd say leave the pads on at first, see how it goes, and if you are getting rejects watch to see where it is getting rejected. For me it was hopping a bit when it first hit the ramp.

The fix that made the most difference for me was reducing the height differential between end of the lifting part of the ramp, and the start of the fixed part. I was getting bad rejects from that, ended up putting in a shorter hex post on the right as recommended in other threads.

2 months later
#3267 3 years ago

On a full plunge skill shot the bottom star rollover only activates about 10% of the time. On a softer plunge no problem. I swapped the two rollover switches, same thing so nothing wrong with the sensitivity of the switches. My guess is at a full plunge there is something in the way the ball hits the guide that is stopping the switch from activating.

I am treating it like part of the "skill" in the skill shot for now, but it bugs me. Before I go and try shifting/bending guides has anyone else had this problem?

1 week later
#3322 3 years ago

Link to the ramp fix thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-twd-lepremium-left-ramp-fix

As for getting it to work without the mod, mine is pretty smooth. Biggest change was fixing the gap on the ramp between the fixed and lift part (shorter hex posts). It has been pretty smooth ever since. Mine had the Stern ramp fix kit on it, but I put in the Cliffy and removed the foam pads from the bottom of the ramp flap as it was causing some extra bounce.

All in all I am satisfied. I am sure the mod would make it even a bit smoother, but most of the rejects I get now are because of bad shots, not hangups on the ramp/flap.

1 month later
#3670 2 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

One other thing, I tried to lift the playfield out and had a heck of a time doing it. Then when I put it back in it seemed to be getting stuck on something and I was about an 8th of an inch from the metal guides going into their holes. Didn't know if it was my machine or TWD in general with the ramps maybe getting stuck on the wires in the back.

Stern games have two metal tabs on either side of the inside of the cab, right at the height where the playfield sits when down. They are there to hold the playfield tight in the cab. On my TWD when I got it they were too tight, it was a struggle to get the playfield up, and had to press relatively hard to get it down. If it is the same issue you can lift the playfield, then bend the metal tabs slightly to make them more flat.

8 months later
#4861 2 years ago

mispost.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 235.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 19.95
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Meridian Charter Township, MI
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paul_8788.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside