IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pale_purple.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3370 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Has anyone who bought an NIB TWD in the last few weeks or month experienced any insert ghosting or clearcoat defects like the GB club have? I'm Considering an NIB PRO but these pf issues have me on the nervous nelly fence.

Curious about this too but for TWD Premium

#3386 7 years ago

Haven't heard of a TWD premium with a post-April build date yet, maybe all the current games were built before this PF fiasco?

#3397 7 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

I just received a TWD Premium last week from Shelley Sax at Stern. It says it was built on September 1, 2016. I daresay it is 'box-fresh'!

Any updates on how the PF is looking?

#3401 7 years ago

Looks like I'll have a premium in a week with a build date of the last few weeks. Hopefully the PF issues are sorted, this will be my first NIB and first Stern.

#3411 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The build date doesn't really matter. Its when the playfield was finished that counts. I'm guessing TWD premium playfields were done last year.

Oh really? That's great news! Do they usually make a large batch of PFs and hold them on hand and just make games off that reserve for months? I guess I assumed they would be made around the same time as the build date.

Quoted from wtuttle:

Playfield is great.
I just can't figure out how to adjust the switch on the well-walker so it doesn't register phantom hits. Kind of frustrating--my best buddy is coming in from out of town just to play this today!

Good to hear, pretty excited to get mine this week! There is a LE on location by me but it's always busted, looking forward to keeping this one in top shape. I like the pro and LE artwork better though.

#3415 7 years ago

Looks like my game should be delivered tomorrow, anything I know as a first time stern and NIB? I'm sure there's a NIB opening 101 tbread around here somewhere

#3419 7 years ago

Should've bought some news balls for prep, don't have any extra on hand.

Will look for the adjustments thread, thanks for the tips guys.

#3427 7 years ago

Picked up my premium today. After cutting a few zip ties and tucking the wires in the head the left ramp is shooting good and the game is playing great. The metal left ramp entrance isn't flush with the playfield but it doesn't seem to be causing any air balls or other problems so it should be fine for now.
My game has a playfield date of 4/21/I'm assuming 2016 but it is impossible to make out. Machine build date of 7/13/16 inserts all look good but I'm nervous about the playfield date. Will keep a close eye

2 weeks later
#3512 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The best solution I've seen is just a big yellow post rubber at the end. 95% it's good. The other 5% takes some skillful nudging, but they can all be saved.

Do you have a link to this post? Or is it not a new post just a new rubber?
My game started out with this not being a big problem now it seems to happen multiple times a game. I have it at 6.5 and like the speed of play but I'll probably adjust the legs to around 6 later tonight and see how it plays.

#3514 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just the regular old yellow post rubbers that are thicker than the stock stern ones. I believe they are for Williams games.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/38-6551
Like this? Also a taller one and a tapered one. Guess it wouldn't hurt to get all three and see what plays best

#3516 7 years ago

Thanks!

Anyone add a shaker to their game? If so how do you like it?

#3520 7 years ago

Think I'm going to look into getting a stern shaker, are they easy to install?

#3522 7 years ago

Maybe when I install the shaker I'll finally get to horde mode!

#3526 7 years ago

I managed to light all the weapon inserts but didn't light horde. Ended up with 394million my personal best game by far. Linking multiballs/modes/2x scoring is crazy!

3 weeks later
#3676 7 years ago

Just started hearing "there's a shitload of points on the left ramp" lol

2 months later
#3936 7 years ago

What strategies are people using to get to horde/starting multi kill? I haven't made it to horde yet, only had it lit once but didn't make the shot. I seem to stall out at 2-3 weapons most games. I doubt I'll ever make it to LMS but horde seems somewhat reasonable. I haven't made it to seige or terminus either but mostly hear people talking about horde and LMS being killer modes. This game really has a lot to it, I can't imagine getting tired of it anytime soon.

#3972 7 years ago

Does add a ball eventually stop in blood bath? Had a good game going and at the end I knocked down the drop targets twice and didn't get another ball. Ended up with five weapons and 440mil had bicycle girl going with two hits already, so close to horde again!

You get to Terminus by completing/playing all the modes/features right? Never been to that either.

#3982 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Add-a-Ball will kick in twice by knocking down all targets twice) . Complete all target lights for another Add-a-ball (super jackpot) . And believe it or not Add-a-ball for each completion of lights thereafter. Seems unlimited (for super jackpot add-a-balls).
You are right about terminus. Just knock down targets again to qualify it after completing the rest.

Ok I must have been lighting the same supply targets and that's why the extra balls ran out. Thanks for the info.

Looks like both my magnets also stopped working. I don't mind it actually as the prison magnet would always end up draining the ball, but I should probably look into it soon.

#3993 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I have no problems with the pops going down the center.

Lucky!

Anyone have their magnets both stop working? If so what was the fix?

#4001 7 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

F7 in the back box. You must use a Slow Blow fuse or it will blow again.

Thanks! Is that something I can get at a local hardware store or should I buy through a pinball supplier?

1 week later
#4058 7 years ago

Can't wait, hope they restock LED ColorDMDs soon

#4075 7 years ago

Just got the email ColorDMD should be released 2/10 for TWD. Hoping to get a LED color display in a few weeks!

1 week later
#4135 7 years ago

Is it possible for anyone with a LED color dmd to take a video? I've seen a few LCD vids showing different settings (look great) I'm just curious and I've yet to play a game with a LED in person yet.

3 weeks later
#4294 7 years ago

Looks like the LED color dmd will be shipping this week, hope one of y'all post a video!

#4296 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Looks like the LED color dmd will be shipping this week, hope one of y'all post a video!

Just went to the LED TWD page and it says firmware is coming soon, maybe that's why there are no LED colordmd videos available for this title yet?
This could also mean nothing, I've never installed a colordmd before.

3 weeks later
#4417 7 years ago

Anyone have a video of TWD with LED color DMD yet?

1 month later
#4543 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

» YouTube video
Shows the LED colorDMD, but the video washes out the colours a lot and there is no flicker just another artefact of the video. It looks epic in my view!
Neil.

Really hard to get a feel for it in that video, the dmd capture is very poor.
Any one else have a LED colorDMD in their game they could film?

Also is that video related to Domino records? Neon light looks the same...

2 weeks later
#4672 6 years ago

Finally noticed the "pants" on the well walker are starting to chip on my game. What are popular fixes?

Had the game since last fall and made it to horde once. LMS seems impossible and I feel like I've been close to siege but who knows. Terminus is always a mission away. Hard game but I love it.

1 month later
#4991 6 years ago

How many waves are there in horde? Do they just keep coming until you drain? Hard to tell if I'm making progress once I start it, which has only happened a few times.

Not only are the pants coming of the well walker, the back side of the pants has adhesive that is very sticky even after falling off and stuck to a ball yesterday. The ball made a weird pivot before I noticed a fingernail size chunk was stuck to the ball (stayed on until I got it out of the shooter lane). I was thinking of peeling off the whole pants sticker but the adhesive is still on the base of the well walker and I think would just add more dirt/help the ball pick up more dirt and destroy balls pretty fast. Haven't run into this issue with another game before, any help? Should I call stern and try to get a new sticker replacement? Will that start falling apart in another six months of play too?

Btw this game is amazing for anyone asking or thinking of buying, I really think it's one of the best Stern games. Hard but rewarding if you put in work. It will last a long time in most people's collections. The pinstadium mod is great on this game, can't wait for them to start shipping.

4 months later
#5672 6 years ago

Same thing happened to me as soon as I got it out of the box. Just had to tuck some cables into the head and good to go for the past year.

2 weeks later
#5799 6 years ago

This is dumb, I recently got my first color dmd. So when I update this I know I'll lose the settings/high scores, and the custom music (got the game with it, hopefully easy to replace) but will I lose the color dmd setting or file or anything?

A different point, has anyone noticed the difference in crossbow mechs from the LE (earlier run) to the later premiums? Three slots so to speak visible from above on the older LE and only one on the newer premiums. Had minor issues with both of them just noticed the difference the other day. Whatever this game is so good. Had a premium for a year and upgraded to a LE, don't think this one will leave. Slight difference in playfield color/brightness as well, but it is very slight.

1 week later
#5840 6 years ago

I got a game with a topper already installed on it. Trying to take the backglass off to update the code and the lock seems to be getting stuck on something/won't unlock/move. Has anyone else run into this issue before?

#5841 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I got a game with a topper already installed on it. Trying to take the backglass off to update the code and the lock seems to be getting stuck on something/won't unlock/move. Has anyone else run into this issue before?

LOL was just using the wrong keys boy am I dumb no wonder I can't crack 500mil. Can't wait for the new code to install.

#5859 6 years ago

After playing maybe 50 games with the new code and the original music I gotta say I miss the Cleland mod! I don't watch the show but I like the call outs and the slight differences in the music. Does it matter what order I install the new color DMD software or the new music software?

#5861 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

No, it really doesn't matter. I didn't realize the new code for the ColorDMD was out yet, though.

You're right. Someone earlier in this thread said it was updated but not posted on the site yet. My brain didn't remember the last part, whoops. Thanks for the info will get the sounds going while I wait for the color. Saw a few weird things like the last digit of the score being a different color.

1 week later
#5880 6 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

The Tunnel is a tough shot, but far from impossible and it is almost risk free

Risky if you hit the pops and when the ball comes back down it drains STDM. That and the magnets (prison start) can make this frustrating for some people.

#5903 6 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Pop drains = leveling issue
All machines will drain from the pops on a bad bounce once in a while, but in general, the pop exit should feed the left flipper.

I've played close to 10 different TWD machines and they've all had this issue, some worse than others. Someone else mentioned hitting the flippers when the crowbar hits the zombie head to 'pulse' the magnet for the prison but again that doesn't work on every machine all the time.

#5916 6 years ago

I like how everyone has different easy/hard shots for this game but can agree that it's hard. Always makes you want to come back for more. I would say barn is ten times easier to make than riot but that's just me.

#5936 6 years ago

I haven't heard that about the super shiny balls. I think that's what's in my game and they've been in there for hundreds of games no issue so far. What balls do you recommend for magnet heavy games?

1 month later
#6066 6 years ago

Pretty sure mine did and there is an extra included in the goodie bag

#6071 6 years ago

I'll check when I'm home Monday but I thought my PREM did come with a sticker on there from the factory

#6076 6 years ago

My premium I got NIB in fall of 2016 has a sticker on it. I later bought a LE that was made earlier and it didn't have one, not sure if fell off before I owned it or it was never there. The bow mechs are also slightly different, as the playfield colors are also slightly off each other. One has brighter reds.

1 week later
#6119 6 years ago

To exit horde do you just hit the Woodbury shot at any time during horde mode? Just like how you start it? I guess I haven't played a whole lot on the newest code but I always seem to drain after a while.

1 month later
#6332 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

And I occasionally noticed that I hit the prison door and do not get credited for a hit. Is there any way to adjust that?

Somebody posted a fix for this months maybe even a year ago. I think it involves putting a washer or a dime behind a target and a few people all said it worked. Sorry this isn’t more helpful, this thread is very long but it’s here somewhere

1 month later
#6623 5 years ago

What kind of shaker are people using and liking in TWD?

#6644 5 years ago

Thanks for the info on shakers y’all. Will check to see if I have pre drilled holes when I’m home and go from there.

1 week later
#6705 5 years ago

If you have kids or children playing for sure don’t get the R rated sound package, sometimes it even catches me off guard. My friends that watch the show love it. Excited to try the evil dead package next.

1 month later
#6865 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Are there other extra balls to be earned aside from the default of 5 and 60 walker kills?

In standard rules I also think you light extra ball for ten tower hits, and it might be a possible Woodbury award after you hit it enough times/win a few other awards first. Not totally sure on that last one though.

2 weeks later
#6917 5 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

my partner just wants to play walking dead .... jajajaja.por mi is fine ..
[quoted image]

That’s a very yellow Astro city!

#6920 5 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

yes..it was white city astro.but it was painted yellow for a recreational room many years ago ... I bought it that way
[quoted image]

Oh cool, I thought it was yellowed from cigarette smoke, not a custom job. Use to have a few, now it’s just egrets these days.

Had my best game yet the other day, 630mil and 99 walkers killed. Most of my games lately have been 200-350mil and 40-50 walkers killer. Think I was close to siege but I can never look up to see how many shots left, too much action.

4 months later
#7494 5 years ago

I’ve had two premium/LE games and neither of them allowed you to fire the crossbow on the way out (moving to the right hand side initially) just the way back. I never thought this was an issue?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 8.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pale_purple.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=pale_purple and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.