IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neilmcrae.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3591 7 years ago

Worth watching Bowen's tutorial video on youtube - its excellent - bowen is a cool guy and quite funny during that video!

1 week later
#3684 7 years ago

Got a premium one of these on order just wondering if anyone has seen anything with ghosting or other play field issues that GB/MET/SMVE have seen?

4 weeks later
#3811 7 years ago

My TWD Premium is on the way from stern and hopefully arrives just before xmas - any out of the box things I need to take care of?

1 week later
#3847 7 years ago

guys, got a premium coming my way- heard of issues with the bicycle ramp with fixes - what are the fixes?

Neil.

#3863 7 years ago

Thanks guys.

3 weeks later
#3908 7 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Thanks. It's on my list along with the prison tower.

What speaker kit are you using to light them up?

2 weeks later
#4012 7 years ago

ministry of pinball has them

3 weeks later
#4187 7 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Finally a big CDC and new X champ
» YouTube video

god i really am awful at this game.

#4225 7 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Buy a new Met Prem from Pinball Heaven and I'll swap it for my No.321 TWD LE!
TWD is brilliant, but fancy a change.

I suspect you'll regret that move!

#4236 7 years ago

agreed, here is some LED on my ToM.

I prefer the LED, going for LED on TWD when Randy gets more stock.

3 weeks later
#4324 7 years ago

anyone had random activations of the well walker? notably when the ball is in the pops?

1 month later
#4480 7 years ago

Shows the LED colorDMD, but the video washes out the colours a lot and there is no flicker just another artefact of the video. It looks epic in my view!

Neil.

#4496 7 years ago

i love the LED!

not sure what the issue is with the machine off!

4 weeks later
#4548 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Really hard to get a feel for it in that video, the dmd capture is very poor.
Any one else have a LED colorDMD in their game they could film?
Also is that video related to Domino records? Neon light looks the same...

Yes, its not great, and no i just knicked their logo

The LED is hard to film, you lose a lot of detail. Will see if I can use my canon 5D to film it. Have a look on my Youtube page, I have LED one in TWD and in my ToM. https://www.youtube.com/user/neilmcrae1

1 month later
#4848 6 years ago

put money on it that its the well walker. had this problem put a tighter spring on the mech.

#4864 6 years ago

I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!

#4912 6 years ago

Pretty sure the horde light lit on my premium

#4914 6 years ago

I am special let me check my videos

#4933 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Are these Cliffys even needed? I thought that the metal around the magnet core protected the playfield? Cliffs around that metal circle seems a bit overboard to me.

I had them on and took the prison one off as it puts air on the ball and the prison opto's won't register.

#4946 6 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

I had them on and took the prison one off as it puts air on the ball and the prison opto's won't register.
I'm afraid I am gonna have to do the same. This game is too difficult to give away prison hits. Starting a multi ball can save your ass. And if that is delayed due to ball jumping over optos it sucks! What method did you use to remove it safely?

Fingernail - then sticky goo remover sparingly.

#4947 6 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

The head registers fine. It can't be a really weak hit. But I'm ok with that. It's frustrating when the doors take a direct hit but the ball skipped above the opto because of the Cliffy and doesn't register. The harder the shot the more likely it is to skip. It happens way too often.

Yup that's what happens!

Also I prefer stock music and effects - they match the gameplay better than any of the other sound updates.

#4948 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Okay, so I thought I knew what hard pinball was. Then I got my TWD tonight. What the hell. My butthole actually was *NOT* ready.

Stick with it Wasp - when you get into the zone on TWD - nothing really compares to the pinball high you get. When horde starts throbbing it's insane!

1 week later
#5025 6 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

I have about 9 people interested. Another plus is getting the Thriller song into the game during well walker mulitball. And some MJ call outs when hit. (Example: Hehe, Oow!).

there is a guy with moonwalking dead in Boston who's done this... search.

4 weeks later
#5114 6 years ago

anyone know anything about the final order? Apparently they won't be make many more?

4 weeks later
#5240 6 years ago

has anyone had a problem with their pro in that you can't post pass? On my premium post pass is fine, on the pro it just goes crazy.

Neil.

1 month later
#5433 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

neilmcrae has 2 TWD’s... the greedy swine!

and your not getting either of them mwahahahaha!

#5440 6 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Isn’t it time you got a KISS (then sold it to me) ?

no no. I'd rather poke my eyes out! kiss is terrible!

#5504 6 years ago

new code is brilliant - got to horde on it tonight...

thank you Lyman and Stern.

Neil.

#5528 6 years ago

Yes LE end code installed no problems - we have a pro at work and installed the pro code on that no problems.

#5529 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

The code for the Premium that I downloaded was named “TWD160LE_bin”. I had to rename the file to remove the underscore and replace it with a period so it was called “TWD160LE.bin”. It worked correctly after that.

I use a Mac and it didn’t have that hassle - downloaded the file for premium which has LE in the file name and then copied to stick and worked fine.

#5532 6 years ago

No stoptap..

#5552 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Just installed Cleland 1.60 on my prem and played 1 game after to test. Put up a 498mil GC, my best score to date. Don’t think the new code had much to do with it, but I could be wrong. Had like 93mil in Riot and a 7x multiplied wellwalker multiball jackpot for 63mil. I’ll have to read again, but don’t think those were affected by the code update. In any case, still my favorite game and won’t be leaving anytime soon.

I think the scoring is more generous than before, not sure by how much but I seem to always have more walker kills than before.

#5567 6 years ago

play better!

#5569 6 years ago

was going to tomorrow night but been hit with manflu, if I feel better I'll do a stream!

#5630 6 years ago

Anyone getting and issue on the pro when you turn the machine on and the volume is set at the highest level?

Neil.

#5632 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

If you just updated the code, it resets all of your settings and you'll have to adjust to your preferences again.

yeah - I get that I've done that. But when the machine is powered up, it sets the volume super high, all other settings are fine.

Neil.

3 weeks later
#5809 6 years ago

download the pro software from sterns website - check the filename as a .BIN and NOT a underscoreBIN

copy it to the root / of your USB stick.

You don't need to do anything else...

Cheers,
Neil.

#5816 6 years ago

Just make sure the file name is TWD160.BIN on the root file system of your memory stick.

2 weeks later
#5930 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

*** Can't Hit Tunnel Shot to Save My Life! ***
I'm a novice player. I bought TWD because I'd read how fabulous it is and because I'd enjoyed playing a hundred-or-so sub-twenty-million-point games on one at my local barcade. Now that I own one (my first pin of any kind), I'm really struggling to be play it well enough to actually advance through the game.
In ascending order of difficulty, I rank the shots as follows:
6. CDC
5. Barn
4. Riot
3. Arena
2. Woodbury
1. Tunnel
Tunnel, as you all know, is a "Borg" shot. It has no margin for error, as even grazing/activating a pop on the way by deflects the shot. You can't "rattle" your shot through there. It has to sail through without touching a thing 'til it finds the corner at the very back/right of the PF, etc. I first experienced a shot of this kind on KISS, and I thought it was absurdly hard there, too.
I hit Tunnel by accident far more often than I do aiming for it. When I aim, I hit it perhaps once in twenty attempts. This is a problem. To help me avoid total frustration, I have set the game to settings that allow me to make at least *some* progress toward scoring goals. I still find it murderously hard. (Believe me, I don't advance all that far, despite all the gimmies!) I typically spend most of each ball trying to clear a single bank or drop targets to earn a shot at starting a mode. I rarely get to the mode as I more often just drain trying to clear the target bank. Clearing the target bank keeps you down near the deadly slings, and once the ball gets to ricocheting around between them, it will all too often find its way into the outlanes in a flash, etc. Still, on rare occasions, I have actually started Horde. (I count four times at this point.) Being resolutely unable to hit Tunnel, this a problem, as it's just a matter of time before I'm "bitten" by an advancing walker on the middle-right. Really, my skills are not up to Horde in general, but in particular because I can't hit Tunnel.
Oh, if you're thinking my pops have switch gaps that are ultra-tight, making them ultra-sensitive, I actually got in there already to *expand* those gaps to make the pops *less* sensitive, as all that pop-bumping on every plunge was driving me bananas.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.
J

man up soldier! - it will come and when it does you'll be ecstatic!

1 month later
#6081 6 years ago

That TWD is sweet J85M where do you get it from?!

Neil

#6103 6 years ago
Quoted from TheRookie:

Just purchased my 1st NIB and its the walking dead PREM and i couldn't be more excited. it was between TWD and GOT and finally pulled the trigger on TWD this morning. Should be shipping out today and was wondering if most people play with the stock sound or with the other sound packages that are available? What did you guys do?

nothing beat stock. But try it and see for yourself!

#6104 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is there a list of mods for TWD anywhere?
Stern art blades are a must imo and I’m not usually a fan of lit speaker grills but the ones with Rick on the right and the zombie getting its brains blown out on the left are cool.
Who does the best crossbow?
Is there much other than those worth having?

ColorDMD, Speaker Lights. Topper and the blood armour. The latter two I'll get soon. A few of the signs that mezel do.

Neil.

#6105 6 years ago

oh yes Bicycle girl light (gnassels) mod is a must have and slide blades. I went for the stern ones they are good quality and tie in with the artwork.

Neil.

2 weeks later
#6131 6 years ago

O-M-G the rainbow dead!

1 week later
#6209 6 years ago

here is my 60 second tutorial

#6214 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

lol... i know i was missing something... but for sure, now i'm a better player

- lets see your 60 second tutorial

#6220 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

easy : dont lose the ball... dont lose the ball... dont lo... shit ! i lose the ball !!!

lol

#6228 6 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

It's a shame not to know English ...

Hey it’s not that bad!

1 month later
#6587 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Thought on color DMD for this game? is it a no brainer?

yup, I'm the only guy that seems to buy LED though. Nice and bright but not so good when streaming, camera doesn't pick it up so well.

Here is my stream of the new code just after the released it.

#6621 5 years ago

shaker, comes alive during Horde

#6630 5 years ago

Unless its a very early game the holes will be there.

#6672 5 years ago

Yup carbon cliffy! Remove it!

2 months later
#6979 5 years ago
Quoted from JamesUK:

Silly question, but on Barn does each shot always count as a walker kill? I didn't think it did and as in the show and on the DMD each shot is supposed to be killing a walker coming out of the barn, you would think it would.

alternate with CDC

2 months later
#7222 5 years ago

magnet works for me with the double flip.

2 months later
#7454 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone got the official stern inner cabinet art blades in their game? Anyone have them installed on an LE??

I have them on my Premium...?

#7456 5 years ago

IMG_1978 (resized).JPGIMG_1978 (resized).JPG

#7458 5 years ago

sure will grab it later.

1 week later
3 weeks later
#7581 5 years ago

my magnet has also worked fine on both my Pre and the Pro I used to own. On the Pro I found it harder to level the game to avoid STDM from the pops.

2 weeks later
#7638 5 years ago

make sure that the bottom pop is very sensitive and this is never an issue.

1 month later
#7801 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Can you define what a cheap drain is?

its similar to denial

1 year later
#9308 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I think it’s time to start modding out my LE. Bone stock except the Bicycle girl light.
Thinking of:
Color dmd
Burning barn
Art blades or mirror
Any other suggestions?

colordmd and anti-reflective glass is all you really need.

but Artblades over mirror
speaker lights
on premium check that the ramp fix is installed (adds an improved airball protector, mylar and padded feet for the ramp so it doesn't damage the playfield).
bicycle girl mod.

#9349 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

We had a group buy for low reflective ultra clear glass here in the uk for only £85 a sheet. Well worth it.

yeah the guy who organised that is a fucking legend

For me on a pin the top mods are:

1: ColorDMD if its a DMD game.
2: Low Reflection Glass
3: new speakers if the ones in the game suck.

#9353 3 years ago

anyone with spare bike girl mod?

1 month later
#9529 3 years ago
Quoted from pintuck:

Was wondering if anybody had installed Pinstadiums in their Walking Dead Pro at all?
Thinking of doing this on mine. Anybody have playfield pics with it installed.

i really don't think you need it.

3 months later
#9683 3 years ago

folks - managed to find a nice LE to upgrade my premium from - just wondering those with LE's did you all get the upgraded harness? Not sure this has it - what does it look like and is there a part number for it?

Thanks,
Neil.

1 week later
#9688 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Hi Neil, are you talking about the one that goes to the board under the playfield?
I remember something about this and sure mine was done, was Phil’s machine.
M4

yeah just not sure the game I've picked up will have it. It doesn't seem to have the bike girl ramp mod which I've got by the photos. Need the part number.

#9693 3 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

Is $1250 for an original AMC Stern topper too much or is that a reasonable deal?

they were $399 new...

#9697 3 years ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

Theres a bicycle girl ramp mod here if Phil has none.
https://www.stern-spareparts.de/en/zombie-girl-ramp-modication-kit-502-6942-00_1297_1102
Maybe ask this company about the loom

yeah got it thanks just wish I'd found this:

Quoted from Lostcause:

Is it the UN11 power cable? Mine looks to have been changed, think the original one gets too hot.
Can’t find a part number, simple cable though.
EDIT. This is the cable I think https://www.stern-spareparts.de/en/stern-pinball-eu/power-supply-kit-twd-502-6952-00_1291_1096
[quoted image]

ordered it thanks

Neil

1 week later
#9727 3 years ago

Folks,
just changed the code on an TWD LE that had Cleland on it and now I've lost all sound - anyone got any idea? Tried downloading the code again and refreshing and still nothing. Putting Cleland back on to see if that makes any difference.

anything else I should be looking at?

Neil

#9728 3 years ago

found the problem, something gone bang big time on the board.

also what's the part number for this plastic part above the ramp?

the-walking-dead-plastic-for-left-bicycle-girl-ramp (resized).jpgthe-walking-dead-plastic-for-left-bicycle-girl-ramp (resized).jpg

#9730 3 years ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

Col makes those ramp plastics Neil.
Not had any issues with the Cleland regarding audio.
Did you transfer using verify?

yeah something else happened - think I might have turned the game off and on too quick or something.

#9734 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I have a few spares from Col, I can post you one of the plastics if you like?
Off and on too quick shouldn’t blow anything should it?

it shouldn't but nothing else done to the game! Col is looking for them now but if he doesn't find them then yes please.

Neil.

#9746 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

FUCK! the fucking store wouldn't let my paypal process for hours and i had to contact Randy, i had the standoffs and brackets in my cart the first time and fucking had to redo the cart and must have missed the fucking things the second time.
What a shit system that sells something you need separately. Like fuck! So now wait weeks again, pay stupid international freight again for something that should have been in the kit as i had to specify the fucking model i wanted. I have three of the stupid fucking things that don't fucking fit now.
This totally sucks.
Edit; I totally suck. Randy told me to have a better than blokes look and i found the shield under the packing in the box.
Totally me and a fantastic product, i worked out how to lower the display on the screen with the menu buttons. will pull it all to bit's again and install the perspex, should i just get some foam to go between the perspex and the display or not worry?

lol a better than blokes look

I used some black insulation tape to block out any light bleed on an older game that had LCD

but now I use the LED version, fits better and looks better.

1 week later
#9763 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I like the fit of the LED screens, but I can't do them. The brightness always seems to be not quite enough or too much, I can't get the brightness just right with them, so I prefer the LCD screens, fit-challenged though they may be.

so I'm using a tinted plastic screen that makes them spot on.

8 months later
#10461 2 years ago

folks,
anyone know what's the part number for these posts on the LE please? I the post above it that has the ball save some how sheered and I can't get what's left of the upper part out.

IMG_6459 (resized).jpgIMG_6459 (resized).jpg

Thanks,
Neil.

#10466 2 years ago

yeah thanks YeOldPinPlayer I had narrowed it down to those also but I've found some 530-5332-01 and I've ordered a couple from pinballife. if that isn't the right one I'll order the other one

1 week later
#10474 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

yeah thanks YeOldPinPlayer I had narrowed it down to those also but I've found some 530-5332-01 and I've ordered a couple from pinballife. if that isn't the right one I'll order the other one

so can confirm that 530-5332-01 is the post by the bicycle girl.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neilmcrae.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=neilmcrae and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.