Topic Stats

• 8,271 posts
  • 556 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by YeOldPinPlayer
  • Topic is favorited by 194 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,404 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

PRO COLOR BLOOD (resized).png
PREMIUM BLOOD (resized).png
TWD alternate translite versions (resized).jpg
20190824_093215 (resized).jpg
s-l500 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
11EA187F-CA67-4CBF-A5EF-B666C2D86950 (resized).jpeg
20190817_104818 (resized).jpg
DE9D5CBB-2E3C-4F67-AFAD-9746180AC45E (resized).jpeg
B94615F7-9965-42AF-BADE-6C5BB92F5266 (resized).jpeg
07FB0307-F475-4C6D-A222-92FFA102C92A (resized).jpeg
IMG_6831 (resized).JPG
IMG_6832 (resized).JPG
IMG_6829 (resized).JPG
IMG20190805123003 (resized).jpg
shot1.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (4 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (3 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (3 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (3 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mudflaps.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#317 4 years ago

I like the fishtank topper. It's definitely small and overpriced, but it's one of the most detailed and unique toppers out there. The heads were sculpted by Greg Nicotero, same as the well walker.

Is it worth $400? Not really. But pinball mods are generally expensive anyway, so for me it was a no-brainer (zombie pun).

1 year later
#3125 3 years ago

Are they still making Premiums? I'm hoping to pick up a NIB, but it may be a few months.

#3128 3 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

cointaker has some premiums in stock

Cool, thanks. Hopefully my primary distributor has some in stock.

#3137 3 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Congratulations. What an awesome play for most people. Game of the year in 2015.
http://gameroomblog.com/reviews/2015-pinball-machine-of-the-year

Great read, and it's good to see there are several more NIB out there.

2 years later
#7670 5 months ago

Hey gang,

Just joined the undead club.

My crossbow is sticking and doing some funky stuff. Can you guys take a look and let me know if my plastic coil sleeve is installed correctly?

FC95B03C-B2C9-49F9-8F65-F109AF5FCDC3 (resized).jpeg
#7672 5 months ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I have the pro, so I can't help with the crossbow, but I heard you received a new topper in the mail. Happy with it?

It’s great! I ordered some matrix strips from Comet, so I’m looking forward to seeing it lit up.

My only question is the angle of the topper. It seems to sit back at about a 30 degree angle vs. sitting upright. Is this intentional?

The topper looks good from the front, but kind of strange when viewed from the side (like it’s tilting back).

#7675 5 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Here's how mine looks.
[quoted image]

Thanks. After checking the manual, mine is set up correctly.

The weird issues are intermittent and therefore tricky to pinpoint.

#7677 5 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

What exactly are the issues? You said it was sticking and doing "funky" stuff...

1. The ball will enter the crossbow and just sit there. Ball search will end the problem.
2. Button will not launch the ball.
3. Crossbow motor will continuously run for the duration of the game.

The plunger will sometimes stay extended after the ball is launched. The weight of the ball will compress the plunger the second time, so this may be normal.

I went through the switch, motor and coil test. Everything seems fine. Like I said, the issues are intermittent and seemingly random.

#7680 5 months ago

Thanks for the advice. I tend to agree about the switch issue.

I suspect the balls may be magnetized or otherwise caught on something. I’ll adjust the switches accordingly.

Great game!

3DECCF06-E5FF-4DCE-BC16-462BDCFA56FA (resized).jpegDDADD7D3-E0FB-4E8F-B3F1-657998D8A3C7 (resized).jpeg
#7688 5 months ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Anybody attempt to install a one way gate to force the ball to one side out of the pops to prevent the SDTM drain?
[quoted image]

I installed a fatter post sleeve on the left side of the right ramp. Gives the ball enough of a nudge that it rarely goes SDTM.

#7690 5 months ago

IMO, Lyman games aren’t necessarily intuitive. He writes deep code (“record deepness”), but the games don’t exactly tell you what to do.

That’s a pro or a con depending on your outlook. I guess it depends on the game. TWD certainly doesn’t help you out in that regard.

#7697 5 months ago

What’s the difference between Horde and Terminus?

#7721 5 months ago

Here’s Sparky’s topper lit up with about $10 worth of Comet matrix strips. Cool white up front, red in the back.

image (resized).jpg
1 week later
1 week later
#7802 4 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

1. The ball will enter the crossbow and just sit there. Ball search will end the problem.
2. Button will not launch the ball.
3. Crossbow motor will continuously run for the duration of the game.
The plunger will sometimes stay extended after the ball is launched. The weight of the ball will compress the plunger the second time, so this may be normal.
I went through the switch, motor and coil test. Everything seems fine. Like I said, the issues are intermittent and seemingly random.

Solved the problem. The screw holding the crossbow was too tight, preventing the return switch from registering.

Loosened the screw a bit and we’re back in business.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
1 month later
#7859 3 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Indusguys started another post but has not replied back to thank anyone, there or on this forum.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-well-walker-switch

His latest post was that he wanted to trade his TWD. That’s *after* his tantrum and *after* multiple people helped him with his problem with no thank you. SMH

#7863 3 months ago

Why did you edit out the part where you called me ‘fat ass?’ That was the best part of your post!

#7872 3 months ago
Quoted from JamesUK:

Good evening from across the pond, one hopes this is okay to post here, fellow TWD owners, but I have written my musings on TWD as a game (unsurprisingly, it was quite positive) - I'd say a 5 minute read. Let me know what you all think.
http://www.theukpinballclub.co.uk/pinball-reviews/the-walking-dead-stern-2014/

Good write-up! I don’t think that’s Sofia on the backglass, though. It’s a random female zombie.

#7875 3 months ago
Quoted from zephee:

Dumb question, is the key to get into the backbox different from the key to get into the front? Trying to get back there...

Different keys. Your backbox keys should be attached inside the coin door.

image (resized).jpg
1 month later
#7987 76 days ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

So I ended up trying out the original factory ROM after using the Cleland ROM for a few days. I realize this is an unpopular opinion, but I definitely prefer the original factory sounds. Sure, there's no post-season-4 callouts, but the ones in the Cleland ROM serve no purpose and are mostly random. Whereas the factory callouts are better placed and in many cases helpful. As far as the voice goes, it sounds enough like Yondu (I don't remember his char's name in TWD) that you can just pretend it is and it's totally fine. It's not nearly as bad as people say it is.
If there are any other 1.6 variant ROMs out there, I'd be happy to try them....

I agree with you. I absolutely appreciate the time and energy that goes into creating a custom sound package, but I prefer the original on this game.

As bad as the hillbilly guy sounds, he provides instruction. The TWD clips seem a bit randomized, but Cleland did the best with what he had.

1 week later
#8012 69 days ago
Quoted from Sutol:

I'm looking at powdercoating my pro.
What you reckon?
Or an idea would be to switch the red/black so more black less red.[quoted image][quoted image]

I’ve seen that on a Pro and it looks really good. My Premium has moss green which ties in very well to the color scheme.

428ED8FF-017D-49FB-9124-34CEE8DCD625 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#8078 54 days ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I'm new to the club - looks like I have some reading to do! Any recommendations on where to start?
I think I'm going to order service rails tomorrow -- not sure I trust the sticks.
It already has the R-Rated Cleland code, so we're good there.
Anything else I should consider?[quoted image]

Here’s some screenshots of stuff I found to be useful. Lyman’s code is incredible, but not necessarily intuitive. There’s a lot to learn, but very rewarding once you figure it out.

03D198BE-14A2-4193-8EF0-D0D7C408559B (resized).png280CBCBD-CBFC-4FAF-8A59-CDE42A493F4E (resized).png7F14FBB1-BF7E-473C-964A-777EBAF02B74 (resized).png8C317794-A1A9-4B43-8CFC-7C93EE581E70 (resized).png
1 week later
#8122 45 days ago
Quoted from embryon:

Hi guys, I have not asked for help on this as I didn't want to trouble people until I have exhausted everything I can think of. My xbow is unreliable in that I'll have a fail or two every 10 entries but it could be more.
I have adjusted xbow switches, bicycle girl, and prison head targets, disabled these switches as well as well walker and the optos. Even changed over the opto pcb. Adjusted pitch of game, turned shaker off, tried it at on all settings etc. Reseated connectors, put a washer under the swing arm of xbox, tightened/loosened pivot point of xbox.
Is there anything I've missed or could try. Each time I've had success, it lasts for 10-20 xbox cycles then a failure. One game it failed 4 times in a row. When it does, if it loads again during that ball, it will just auto fire otherwise the next ball it resets.
Now one thing I have noticed during in xbox test mode is every now and then after hitting sw51, instead of continuing right to do the 180deg approx swing, it will go immediately left back to home sw50. Then next test may do a normal rotation or it could do this 45deg and back home motion again. This occurance is quite random and most operations are the full rotation process that I figure is the correct cycle.
Is this short cycle movement normal and if not has anyone found what causes it? Now it is impossible to know if this short cycle would have occurred in the xbow failure as when it fails, it simply stutters at the start and then the yellow lights turn off and then it will swing out after a short delay and auto fire

Check my previous posts on this. I had similar issues, and I posted some pictures.

I loosened the single screw that holds the crossbow to the mechanism. It was too tight and caused random binding and other weird shenanigans.

If that’s not the problem, I’m out of Schlitz.

3 weeks later
#8224 23 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

OK fellow pinheads, I just have one question about this excellent game (Pro version I'm interested in). My wife is a very casual player, and I know this game is not easy. Do you think it's too hard for the casual player or is it possible for her to have some fun on? I've only played it a few times, but I like it a lot.
Thanks.

Not only is TWD really hard, but the code isn’t intuitive for the new player. It doesn’t tell you what to do or how to do it.

It’s a great home game for the experienced player who understands the rules, but less friendly for a casual player. It’s still fun, but may be ultimately too frustrating.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Meridian Charter Township, MI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Valencia, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mudflaps.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside