Topic Stats

• 8,271 posts
  • 556 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by YeOldPinPlayer
  • Topic is favorited by 194 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,404 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

PRO COLOR BLOOD (resized).png
PREMIUM BLOOD (resized).png
TWD alternate translite versions (resized).jpg
20190824_093215 (resized).jpg
s-l500 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
11EA187F-CA67-4CBF-A5EF-B666C2D86950 (resized).jpeg
20190817_104818 (resized).jpg
DE9D5CBB-2E3C-4F67-AFAD-9746180AC45E (resized).jpeg
B94615F7-9965-42AF-BADE-6C5BB92F5266 (resized).jpeg
07FB0307-F475-4C6D-A222-92FFA102C92A (resized).jpeg
IMG_6831 (resized).JPG
IMG_6832 (resized).JPG
IMG_6829 (resized).JPG
IMG20190805123003 (resized).jpg
shot1.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (4 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (3 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (3 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (3 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider moonduckie78.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7890 3 months ago

Anyone know where I might still find a NIB Pro or Premium TWD?

#7893 3 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Www.pinballs.com may have one

please, God, ANYWHERE but Automated!!

#7897 3 months ago
Quoted from timtim:

Trent at tilt told me he still had some pros. I didn't ask about premiums.
This was in april

Thank you so much! Will inquire tomorrow.

1 week later
#7925 89 days ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

That is not very many! Interesting range we have so far: 2,500-12,500.

I'll say 2499

#7927 89 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Changed mine. I’m thinking closer to 15k.

FINE. Changing mine to 2531!

1 week later
#7934 82 days ago

Just got a TWD Pro.

Any advice for switching out a few GI bulbs to give the game a little bit more color?

#7985 76 days ago

I started switching my stock GI LEDs out for warm white.....and MAN, some of them are really hard to get to! Any tips, besides taking lots of pictures and just doing a small area at a time, so I remember where everything goes?

#7989 76 days ago
Quoted from zrbrt:

Grab a magnetic nut driver (1/4" I think), lift up the playfield, remove one socket at a time, replace cold with warm. Turn on the game with the playfield up to see what bulbs you missed.
For the ball guides on bottom, remove Phillip's head (2 or 3?) and pull the ball guides slightly out pull the 4 remaining GI from the top of the playfield, done!
I think it took me 20 minutes to do, well worth it!
You're not.. swapping the GI by pulling everything off the top side of the game.. right?

First time doing a full bulb swap like this. Fortunately, I have only done a few so far.....slings and ball guides...the stuff that was easily replaceable by removing a single plastic.....but yeah, i'm such a NOOB that I probably WOULD HAVE tried to pull everything off the top side. Thanks for the tip. That makes a WHOOOOLE lot more sense!!

#8000 75 days ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

If I recall there is a backup option in the UTILITIES menu. Backup your current code, try the stern standard code and if you want to go back, restore from your backup stick.

Does that backup the CODE itself?? I thought it just backs up some of the Audit information, and maybe the high scores?

#8001 75 days ago

Finished my bulb swap last night. It really did only take 20 minutes or so.

OMG it is like NIGHT and DAY, replacing the stock GI with warm white bulbs! The game looks SO MUCH BETTER! I also put a few red accents here and there, and I am very happy with the results.

Highly recommend this inexpensive upgrade for Walking Dead Pro machines!

#8006 75 days ago
Quoted from Micky:

Did you guys take some before and after pics by any chance? I'm keen to see the difference.

CE81AB2C-D3E3-4ABE-97FA-D36A67156173 (resized).png82041BBF-996E-4473-9063-503D5FC4C706 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#8046 58 days ago

Hey gang. Need a little help.
My TWD Pro is only a few weeks old. Last night, I noticed this problem where the auto-launcher (is that what it's called?) is stuck in a forward position. Because of this, regular plunging is almost impossible. Got under the playfield and saw that the nut attached to the launcher is rubbing up against the screw that holds the launch lane switch in place, and preventing the launcher from returning to its normal retracted position. Sorry I don't know all the proper terminology! How can I adjust this? Didn't see anything loose down there.

Your help is greatly appreciated, sirs!

IMG-7914 (resized).JPGIMG-7915 (resized).JPG
#8049 58 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

When you manually plunge it, is there a lot of play in the mechanism? I'll have to take a look at mine at home to see what might be happening. Check the other side of the "nut" to see if there's a C-clip that might be missing.

Normal amount of play in the plunger. The problem is the auto launcher is sitting so far forward, the ball no longer makes contact with the rubber tip of the plunger.

The nut on the autolauncher mech is rubbing against the screw holding the lane switch in place. It's preventing the autolaunch mech from returning to its full resting position.

All I see on the other side of the autolaunch nut is a screw, which is not loose at all. Can't find anything that seem to have come loose.
IMG-7914 (resized).JPG

#8052 58 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Its hard to tell from that picture, but is that bolt from the auto launcher pushed out and rubbing on the screw? It looks like its gapped.

Yes, that is EXACTLY what is happening. But how to fix it? I can't find anything that looks like it needs to be (or even COULD be) tightened up.

IMG-7914 (resized).JPGIMG-7915 (resized).JPG
#8060 57 days ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

This is exaggerated but I think your assembly is like the red line and needs to move left at the bottom.
It may just need tightening?[quoted image]

Thank you very much. I think I got it fixed now. Just needed a little bending. Appreciate the help!

#8079 53 days ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I'm new to the club - looks like I have some reading to do! Any recommendations on where to start?
I think I'm going to order service rails tomorrow -- not sure I trust the sticks.
It already has the R-Rated Cleland code, so we're good there.
Anything else I should consider?[quoted image]

This was my first Stern Pro.....the sticks are a little weird at first, but whatever. I got used to them.
I went back to the stock audio, as well. I'm not a fan of the show, so I got really tired of all the random sound clips. Reminded me of digital pinball.
I would consider changing the stock GI bulbs with warm white. It makes a HUUUUGE difference in the look of the game, and only costs about $25. Took me 20 minutes to change all the bulbs. Give it a splash of red, here & there. It really looks great.
Other than that, yeah, leave it alone. This one doesn't need a shit ton of mods, IMO.

#8111 51 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I thought that connector had something to do with the DMD. I thought I had to remove that when installing my color DMD.

That's what I remember, too

1 week later
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 235.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Cumberland, RI
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider moonduckie78.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside