IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monkeyboypaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3178 7 years ago

RE: the Pro vs. Premium debate.
Can you disable the Crossbow in settings, and will it compensate the gameplay more akin to the Pro to keep the game moving?
I've only a played a Pro, and it was fun, although i hate the theme, but I'd miss the Premium's light show because i'm shallow like that and would like a best of both worlds.

3 weeks later
#3283 7 years ago

Premium on its way, based on some fun i had with a Pro. Never seen a single episode of TWD.

1 week later
#3375 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

She has good taste in the Beatles and Led Zep.

You missed the Village People.

2 weeks later
#3431 7 years ago

Just had my used TWD delivered. Was running v1.1 code...

Can only assume it was rarely played or owned by morons. Favouring the latter.

#3440 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Update it with the Cleland sound update mate. Sounds like Mater from Cars otherwise.

Will do.

#3459 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

It really is a landmark game for pinball coding.

Superb.

1 month later
#3753 7 years ago

Pro is really great & cheaper. It can also take an LED OCD board should you find the LED's a bit too harsh & blinky.

Premium has a better light show and more features, but costs more. The RGB LEDs could be a little better utilised, especially on the rollovers.

Personally i'd go with a Premium, which is what i set out to buy but stumbled on an LE for less. I'd happily downgrade to a Premium if the back glass wasn't quite so poor vs. the LE and Pro.

2 months later
#4082 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Regarding ColorDMD... Does this mean they figure there will be no more game code updates?

Maybe they're taking the Metallica approach?

2 weeks later
#4193 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

god i really am awful at this game.

Don't panic, there is a special club for us! We play Iron man just for the comedy value.

#4213 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Considering cancelling a BM66 order and joining the TWDLE club, decisions decisions

Buy a new Met Prem from Pinball Heaven and I'll swap it for my No.321 TWD LE!

TWD is brilliant, but fancy a change.

#4227 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I suspect you'll regret that move!

You're probably right. Must've been the Peroni talking!

2 months later
#4530 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Just traded MET Prem for TWD Premium and after a week of trying, FINALLY cracked a high score, which was 400MM+.
Had a hell of a game (for me). Horde is just an amazing mode. I really like the coding, where shots to alternating targets can build up score, then a final specific shot can cash in and end modes. Still have a LOT to learn.

Curious to know which you prefer in a few weeks time. I've got a TWD-LE, the only TWD I could find at the time, and just don't enjoy the theme at all. Had considered a trade offer for MET Prem/LE, even though it may not be as great a coded game, I might just prefer playing it!

#4542 6 years ago

Cheeky TWD ColorDMD rom update released on 18th May:

3.2: (05/18/17) Fixed skill shot replay/extra ball, barn mode bonus, and some other minor bugs.
3.1: (03/22/17) Added support RGB and RBG LED modules.
3.0: (02/09/17) Initial release.

Also an Iron Man update:

3.4: (05/18/17) Corrected contrast on a few isolated video frames.
3.3: (03/22/17) Added support RGB and RBG LED modules.
3.2: (10/30/16) Added support for Chroma LED and LCD boards.
3.1: (11/30/15) Corrected bug that affected contrast for some video frames.
3.0: (11/24/15) Initial release.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned - I must've missed it.

1 month later
#4729 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I don't think I will every buy a used pinball again.. it smells so bad like cat poop. Anyways, my MMR LE makes a very loud knock with free ball and credit etc, its awesome. The walking dead makes this weird sound from the speakers.. is that it?? Thats the knock?

Did cats shit in your game? That'd do it.

Speaking of shit: that's the noise Stern knockers make. You can turn them down a little.

#4762 6 years ago

Just found Fuse F7 had blown... Previous owner had used 3A instead of 4A...

1st world problems, eh?

1 week later
#4845 6 years ago
Quoted from Olaa:

Can anyone help me with this problem. When I press start and the ball comes up, some times I get points. Some times the well Walker multiball starts. Seems like a switch or some thing react when the ball plunches up. But which one? I always get the points shown on the picture player 2.
Thank you
Ola

Stick it in switch test, bang the play field - see what triggers!

#4884 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

GI 'animation' on Horde is a LE/Premium thing only.
After playing the premium again, I really think the pro is the better playing game.
More flow, faster (through left loop - no spinner, left ramp, no corssobow...)
And the fact that you can multiply crossbow shots
I added the prison tower official mod and a fishtank alike to fill up the emptiness.
Other than that, the GI is the best about the premium.
I even like the flashing of the mode inserts better on the pro (completely different).
Can you imagine that I've reached LMS once and played it,a few months later reached it twice and on both drained while trying to shoot the woodburry shot.

I prefer the Pro too, but NEED the Premium's red pulse GI lighting.

TimeBandit better step up!

I could buy a Total Lightshow for MET Pro and TWD then.

Stern's Serial (or whatever) lighting system on the Premiums appears to be incapable of displaying decent fading effects to the majority of inserts. MET Pro, in my opinion, is doing what was programmed (LED's aside). The Premium isn't.

#4911 6 years ago

Stern is aware and knowing who programmed this, this certainly will get fixed sooner or later...

Hope so. Seems the newer Spike games are getting all the attention.

MET's last code drop in June '16 was 14months after the last. It's been longer than that for TWD (Dec '15).

Also, is it just me or do the RGB-lit rollovers above the pops never actually do anything RGB-worthy? Except in attract mode.

#4917 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Lyman has confirmed he is working on one final update to twd, hopefully that will fix it

Can you be more specific of a source, unless you spoke directly to Lyman of course??

#4950 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

A friend of mine talked to him in denmark at the ifpa world championship. No info on timeline, just that he is working on a last update, and it will make it possible to actually finish horde. But we will see. Didnt the final metallica update come quite a long time after it was released?

That's useful, appreciated. I'm very happy with it now (except that it rips me a new one on a regular basis) but it's always good to know there could possibly be a little more polish coming.

Looking at the Stern code READ ME text files;

MET:
V1.0 - April 30, 2013
=>
V1.64 - April 23, 2015
V1.7 - June 19, 2016 (~14 months after last, over 3yrs after first)

TWD:
V1.11 - Oct 28, 2014 (although my game came with older code than this)
=>
V1.53 - Nov. 23, 2015
V1.56 - Dec. 1, 2015 (about 20 months ago since last, under 2yrs since first).

#4959 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

This x10
If you are the only one in the house that plays and you are a good player that likes the challenge then great, leave it stock.
Nobody that came over would play more than one game on mine because it was way too punishing even with the outlanes closed down. Now with the lane extenders, people feel like they have a fighting chance.
When I have seasoned pinball players over obviously their scores are higher, but the majority of people that come over never play pinball unless they are at my house so it makes it more fun for them. Just my opinion

They/he should do a set for IM!

#4966 6 years ago
Quoted from yoyokopter:

Hi , can you make me a photo of the outlane on the IM , my Save post can go on all the pinball have the save outlane plastic part
Thanks to Matts and Manic for the comment

I'll PM them

EDIT: no i won't because you can't send pictures via PM...

See below:

IMG_7248[1] (resized).JPGIMG_7248[1] (resized).JPG

IMG_7249[1] (resized).JPGIMG_7249[1] (resized).JPG

#4987 6 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

I'm still hoping to get this pin one day but I know I'll get grief from the Mrs. Personally I find the animations are more comic violence than anything, but that was only on a mono-DMD, maybe on a ColourDMD they would seem more gory.
Cheers.

Hi Kris, there are a few animations that are pretty gory - like the face being gouged with a knife and some other stuff, but it's done in a comic style. Not sure i'd be happy with small kids (under 10's?) playing it though. Especially with the ColorDMD (which is a must have) - this makes it easier to see what's really going on!

As for the Adult content switch, i'm almost certain this just disables the stronger language, just like in Met.

2 months later
#5225 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

New pro in the house. Loving this far. Only experience previously is a very crappy pro on location which many switches don't work. This baby is an entirely better experience!

Nice metal work!

1 week later
#5259 6 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Joining the club, my first NIB game! Having a lot of fun with this one so far. Anyone else having a problem with the prison magnet throwing the ball SDTM? Is there a short ballsave option for that? It can be pretty annoying.

It can be very annoying. Try flipping repeatedly as it releases the ball for some random magnet pulses. Anyone’s guess where it’ll go instead though...

1 month later
#5418 6 years ago
Quoted from facelift:

I'm thinking of joining as well and having a tough time deciding on pro or prem. Is the BG ramp really that big of a deal for playfield digging in? Does the stern fix really fix it?
Also, is there a video link of the audio packages that can be added to the game with pinbrowser so that I can hear what it sounds like?
I don't mind the stock callouts but would love to hear what can be added. Thanks!

Owned an LE, now looking out for a Pro as I preferred the gameplay. LE/Prem has a stonking light show though - the red pulse in hoard justifies every single dime of extra cost.

#5432 6 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Good luck finding a Pro Paul.

Cheers, there are a few about but people are sitting on them a bit.

Once the next shiney thing comes along, be it Pirates or Guardians, then I think we’ll see some movement again. No big loss if not though, I enjoyed TWD LE but it was time to move it along.

NeilMcRae has 2 TWD’s... the greedy swine!

#5438 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

and your not getting either of them mwahahahaha!

DAMN YOUUUUUUU MCRAE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 months later
#5979 6 years ago

15x wauw, I never am able to wait that long before I use it.
Tip of the day : If your use your inlane x multiplier the first next 'shot' will count multiplied.
Sometimes you miss your shot (post, etc...) but as long as your score is 'flashing' the x multiplier is still valid to make a shot.
No big deal but discovered this recently after owning the game for more than 2 years.

I hadn’t clocked the flashing thing! Is that a 1.6 update only feature? Sold my LE just before it came along, but about to get a Pro instead (prefer flow, etc.).

3 weeks later
#6037 6 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

If there's a timer, it's very generous.
My understanding is that the next non-slingshot switch you hit gets multiplied. I've definitely pushed past 5 seconds with some horrific bricking into posts and then gotten the multiplied shot I wanted.

Apparently if your score is flashing the multiplier is still active for your next shot. That was posted on here somewhere!

#6040 6 years ago

Yes posted by me, but in the past weeks, I tried to link the flashing behaviour to it and I didn't consistently succeeded in it. So scrap that remark of the flashing score.

Ah, my bad. Proves I’m listening, if nothing else!

1 month later
#6221 6 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Which of the two do you prefer?

I’d choose the top one, but I prefer factory lighting on the Premium.

1 week later
#6275 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

+1 about Keith
watching him (and some others) makes you think playing pinball is easy... but...
btw, already seen this video, and re-watching a bit now, what is sure is that our TWD TILT is set way more sensitive than Keith one

I had an LE and was forced to remove the tilt bob, otherwise it was unplayable.
Small Nudge = warning.
Not a game where nudging should be punished unfairly, seeing as it’s completely necessary.

#6334 5 years ago

The ball jumps on the magnet border and goes above the optic beam... so getting the magnet more flush is the solution.

is it even possible to lower the magnet's outer ring?

1 month later
#6557 5 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Sorry if this came up before but I just installed color DMD in my TWD pro. I am curious what mode everyone prefers. Typically I like the dotsXL. However I tried hires and did not really like but I put it in scan and I am finding I am liking that mode. Not sure what the difference is but for those of you that have experimented what mode do you prefer? If u have only tried one mode that doesn’t count.

DotsXL, a clear winner for me.

#6560 5 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Did you ever try the scan mode? Not sure what that is but the opening plunge graphic does not look good but the rest were looking pretty cool.

Yes, I just preferred DotsXL, though HiRes was OK.
All my games are set the same.

1 week later
#6663 5 years ago

The Total Lightshow development thread has some crossover for the Pro owners (like me) who want that Red GI from the PREM/LE.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ramp-lighting-in-your-face-st-pro-brought-to-lifevideo/page/39#post-4462452

Anyone got suggestions? Simple copy of the PREM/LE to begin with I think.

2 months later
#6951 5 years ago

Boom... 554M in one single shot!
This was during terminus.
This is why I love this game so much
[quoted image]

Beats my grand champ by a clear 100m... and that’s for a decent full game, not a single shot! I love to hate it.

1 week later
#6997 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Still debating as to which version is the better purchase. Pro or premium. I've not played either and this game looks just super duper awesome. I've had people swear up one side and down the other that the premium is better, while others say the pro is better.
Clearly the premium has better lights and Walker bombs. But beyond that I dont know that I care about the other features? I hear the left ramp sucks?

Sold an LE, bought a Pro. Miss the GI Lightshow and RGB arrow inserts only, and as davijc02 says; fingers crossed for the Total Lightshow mod to rescue (and maybe significantly improve on) the premium GI lightshow.
I found the left ramp slowed things up, and the Crossbow even more so. Each to their own. I’m a Met Pro over the Premium guy too.

1 month later
#7188 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

If I update to the newest version (v1.60) of the code, do I need to do an update to my ColorDMD as well? I'm still on v1.56.

Yes, you should update both.

#7230 5 years ago

If anyone's curious, this is what TWD Pro looks like with LED OCD:

Pretty sure delay is set to 1 in this example.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 16.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 8.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monkeyboypaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=monkeyboypaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.