20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg
IMG_1737 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
pb39 (resized).jpg
R0010297 (resized).jpg
ff23 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#792 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I think the BG ramp being up actually makes the LE faster flowing too. On the LE you hit the BG bash target and the ball goes immediately back into play. On the pro you have to wait for it to go all the way around the ramp, then drop down, then roll back to the filppers. I bet if someone timed it the ball returns to play or to the flippers way faster after hitting the BG target on the LE.

I just sold off the pro and got a premium. So here is my unbiased comment.

Both games are the same speed. One is not faster than the other. Features like drop targets and bash toys are not flow based toys. Shooting a ramp where the ball returns cleanly to the flippers is flow. Shooting a bash toy where the ball wobbles around and maybe lands on a flipper is not flow. The Woodbury shot is very hard to hit and not shot often enough to make a difference in game flow. Therefore, the drop target is not a noticeable flow benefit.

Unfortunately, each game plays a bit differently. My latest one holds the ball in the pops more and the left outlane is way more active. I had to move the outlane post but it barely helped and I disabled the right most pop bumper. I also disabled the well walker magnet after it tossed the ball into the outlane just once. That definitely does not make for a funner game.

#793 8 years ago
Quoted from ULEKstore:

we brought both LOVEs together and started creating MODs for pinball machines. As you'll see from the pictures, we have several MODs for TWD (Pro, L.E. and Premium editions) and are available on our website http://www.ulekstore.com > Personalized Items/Gifts > Pinball MODs

I went to your website to see what you offer but it's far too much of a mess to navigate. First page is just a bunch of random pictures and I see no obvious navigation helpers nor can I easily find where twd mods might be. After 15 seconds I gave up.

Edit: I spent more time here and found the direct pinball link: http://www.ulekstore.com/category_s/1948.htm

It's at least possible to see what's there.

#819 8 years ago

I love horde and how it can go on forever

#822 8 years ago

Maybe I don't understand the rules of horde. But the horde keeps coming and a lane lights. If you don't make a shot pretty soon all the lanes light and turn white. If you just sit there and cradle a single ball won't horde end? I notice I can keep a second ball in play by completing all the shots (beating the horde back) and getting my add-a-ball. But once you're down to one ball, what happens if you don't make any shots at all and let the horde build on its own? I assumed once all the lanes were lit and turned white that horde ended.

I swear I've also had two balls going and lost a ball through the outlane with bit lit and the mode did not end.

#824 8 years ago

I've never had the flippers die on me to end the mode. Interesting.

#855 8 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Hey guys, just ordered a premium. It came out of the factory a month ago and I was told it comes with the bicycle girl ramp fix already installed. Has anyone else had their Walking Dead come with this fix installed and was it adequate enough to prevent all damage to the playfield?

Yep and yep

#868 8 years ago

My crossbow only has one slit also.

#871 8 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Do you have the mod installed?

I ordered one but I didn't know it might not fit. Plus I have a led strip there to light up the flipper area. I guess we will see what I get and how it wants to be installed and go from there.

#872 8 years ago

Does anyone's crossbow intermittently accept a ball then try to move but it doesn't then the crossbow shot times out. Then the crossbow moves out and releases the call? This seems to happen to me about 10% of the time now. The switches 50 and 51 work perfectly in test and the cross bow motor moves the crossbow with no problems.

#884 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Check your prison zombie switch. This bugged the hell out of me for a week+. Finally found that when the doors closed for the xbow shot, the prison zombie switch was making contact ending the xbow mode.

Thank you. I'll try that or at very least see if the prison doors change state when this happens and don't when it doesnt.

Quoted from Chambahz:

Doesn't always happen, but if you start Arena Dead Mode, then the ball travels to the Xbow, the Xbow animation has to wait for Arena animation to finish. That'll get you a ball search.
Hoping that this is one of the things that Lyman was talking about when he said the next update will be cleaning things up.

I always double flipper those animations away.

#922 8 years ago

I just got mine from game exchange of Colorado. Shipping was only 2 days

#961 8 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Just to be clear, I cannot adjust the switch to account/register for the zombie head not moving back all the way.

Uh, why not?

#962 8 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Hey guys, just got my TWD premium yesterday. I'm working through all the little fixes that were mentioned in another thread. I noticed a lot of connectors that must have come undone during transportation. One of my issues that I was hoping one of you guys could shed some light on is related to the crossbow.
So, I've noticed that every game, all game, the crossbow and fish tank lights are blinking. Also, every time I shoot the right ramp it loads the crossbow then automatically shoots it onto the playfield. The ball never returns to the left inlane always the crossbow. Have any of you guys had this issue?

This is what the switch test diagnostic menu is for. Use it, press the switch that a ball would hit when a ball is in the crossbow and see if it triggers etc.

#967 8 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

No need to be condescending. I don't post technical questions on Pinside unless I've 1. Run through all the basic diagnostics and 2. Searched the forums for an existing solution. All the switch diagnostics check out fine, thanks anyway.

It's not being condescending. It's explaining what to do.
Switch diagnistics don't "run" or "check out fine". It's not a canned test that tells you some result. Therefore you may not be aware of how to use the menu. The switch test screen is intended to be a tool to allow you to troubleshoot your switch issues - of which you have one based on the problem you described. As for when or what you post, how should we know? I'm only going off what you posted *here*.

#970 8 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

I don't know what switch test you are running, but when I run a switch test and I press a switch it tells me if its working or not. Maybe you are not sure how to use the diagnostics menu? Pro tip; in a switch test when you run the ball over a switch and it "checks out fine" the DMD tells you, you'll also hear an audible noise. It's either working or its not, it doesn't get more black and white than that. Are you sure you know how to use the diagnostics? See, I'm not being condescending either, just explaining to you how things work

Thank you for explaining things to me. But I don't need help. *All* my games work perfectly, and I'm not in the forum describing problems with my games.

#972 8 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

But what do I know, I'm just a guy who doesn't have *All* his games working perfectly.

Agreed. So perhaps you should take the advice of those that know how to fix their games rather than argue that you know what you're doing and point out that we should have known (using psychic powers?) under which conditions you'd have asked a question.

#976 8 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Actually, what I pointed out was common sense. Most people 1. Try troubleshooting themselves and 2. Use the Pinside search function. It's actually a common courtesy to do those things if you are going to post a tech question on a forum.

Omg dude if only this were true. This is almost never the case. You seemed to be a unique be case but most people that ask questions tend to have the attitude that they paid a fortune for this machine and it doesn't work and they have no idea what to do. For example, there are probably a hundred posts in the last year from different people regarding the issue of stern trough optos and balls ending prematurely. Most those guys post in the software bug threads

3 weeks later
#1010 8 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Any of you guys have a problem with your x-bow acting up occasionally? About one in four times it will start to move maybe an inch, and then goes back and spits the ball out in home position. Then it will rotate out and shoot it out itself.
This started after installing the x-bow mod. I lowered the pf with a few washers under the hangers and it worked fine up until this last week.
Guess I'll have to dig in there again.

This should be addressed in v1.56 update from yesterday. Can you install that and report back?

#1011 8 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Anyone else experience a game reset during Horde?

Ive been to horde a ton of times and it's super solid. I'd be looking away from. A software issue here unfortunately I can't really suggest where to start if the game only crashes and resets during horde and nowhere else.

#1016 8 years ago
Quoted from IBARAKURO:

light bug !!!!
(Walking Dead premium)
» YouTube video

That's not a software bug. It's poor communication between the light harness connector and the controlling board. Sometimes you can fix it by reseating the connector under the playfield. For my Metallica, the fix was temporary.

#1029 8 years ago

Woot

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#1059 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Believe it or not, i'm actually thinking about buying a Pinball refinery premium and putting it next to my LE and setting it up a little different. That's how much I love it!

Huh wtf?

#1066 8 years ago
Quoted from karl:

The Gi and the inserts didn't work. (Probably just a loose wire somewhere but haven't found it yet)

Probably not a single loose wire. I would start by checking your fuses. I think the light boards are actually underneath the playfield and they daisy chain. So I suppose it could be a missing connection or a single bad board at the start of the chain.

4 weeks later
#1164 8 years ago

That's cool. Can you still make the well walker to riot bounce shot?

1 week later
#1218 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You can also use prison bombs to safely score a hit to the prison. This is especially useful if you only have one hit remaining in order to start multiball. It basically acts as a free ball save.

This is such a good strategy. I recommend if you're in this situation to just go for other things and if your ball drains, then quickly use your bomb which will then start the MB saving your drained ball.

#1222 8 years ago

Today Concretehardt was over with his daughter and we played two games of 3 player TWD. His daughter beat us both times and both times I got destroyed placing last. I probably barely broke 10mil on each game. They walked off to play iron man. I was pissed so played one more game alone.

I well walker bombed myself from a ball drain into well walker mb and this was the start. Pretty soon horde started. Then I stacked well walker mb with escape terminus. I couldn't figure out why the right Woodbury flasher was going crazy and it turned out last man standing was ready for 2 balls and I didn't realize why. Played some last man standing and finished at 1.5bil. Was shakey for a long time after

#1267 8 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I have a crossbow question:
Is the crossbow supposed to be lined up with the same targets as shown in the animations on the DMD? I find my crossbow to be lagging behind where is pointing on the DMD during it's animation sequence. Anybody ever notice this?

There are no positional switches in the crossbow other than home and mark so it doesn't know where the crossbow is at so it won't be in sync.

#1268 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Just like in Tron, the game is designed so that a left orbit shot feeds into the pop bumpers. A lot of people don't like this, so they tweak the game so that it bypasses the pops and goes straight to the flippers. It speeds up gameplay and reduces the chance of a center drain, but it's not how the game is supposed to play.

I also don't know of anyone that has managed to get a successful smooth orbit shot to bypass the pops and hit the left flipper. If that was possible I'd be all over that.

#1272 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Hoping someone can help me out. Just installed the laser bow mod. Now when I turn the pin on, the bow cycles twice then comes to rest at the proper position. But, when I start a game, it cycles two and a half times and comes to rest at about the 3/4 mark. Pic is attached. Anyone run into this before or can tell me what I f'ed up?? I've double checked all my connections, they're good.
Many thanks!

IMG_1875_(resized).JPG

Switches 51, 52, and 53. My guess is you messed up your home switch so the crossbow no longer knows it's at home position.

#1339 8 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

My crossbow often won't fire until it gets to about midpoint (pointing straight up the play field), is this a coding glitch?

Quoted from kcZ:

Crossbow is definitely a little buggy... I often have to hit both flippers in order for the crossbow to sense a ball is there. I'd say about 25% of the time it will not shoot until its on the return part of the swing.

Neither of these are software problems. The crossbow only has three switches associated with it. Sw 50,51,52. One tells it there's a ball in th crossbow. Obviously the crossbow can't activate without that switch being active. The other two are home and Mark. One tells the crossbow its at home position and the other tells the crossbow is its far enough out to fire without breaking a plastic.

Shots to the far left need to be made on the way back or you risk firing your walker bombs instead. If the crossbow isn't sending the ball all the time when loaded, you may need to adjust your switch to make it more sensitive or adjust the ball path to make it so the ball falls in place fully. Icemans advice can be followed in the meantime. Nudging or setting off some coils vibrates the ball into place sometimes.

#1343 8 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

LOL... I've had mine less than a week and I think it is time for it to move on.

Should be plenty easy to sell.

#1374 8 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

It is a frustrating game. I went thru the audits and most of my games are 1-1.5min long. 2 ball saves per game seems to be the norm also. I like the rules of the game but these drains are ruining it for me... and I refuse to cheat and put some odd rubbers to help with the drains.

People need to get over the ocd of thinking that tweaking their game to be more fun is cheating. First off, all games play differently. I had a walking dead LE that was brutal out of the pops. The game frustrated me and I sold it. My premium a year later played great and almost never drains out of the pops. I believe this is how the game was meant to be played. If yours is draining often out of the pops, perform every tweak people have posted until that's mostly solved. The game is not meant to play that way period.

The left outlane also varies in game to game. My pro I owned (yes I have owned this game 3 times) drained out the left out lane a lot but was reasonable. The premium I upgraded to was so frustrating that the left outlane was ruining the game. I added a post to the left outlane front and removed one from the back. The left outlane opening is actually larger than it use to be now but the angle of the outlane entrance is better and the game is more manageable.

Keep in mind it's your game and it should be fun for you to play. It's meant to be brutal but not overly frustrating. And the high score table is for everyone that plays so it's not cheating when a better player can come to your machine and bunk off your high score.

I see horde about 1/4 games. I see bloodbath about 1/2 games. I have seen last man standing twice and terminus about 1/8 games. You should be enjoying the awesomeness of the rules not being frustrated by silly stuff like pop drains.

#1436 8 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Thanks for info on the code upgrade. I played again today and this time took a video of the reject from Woodbury. It kills me! So close to Horde again. Any ideas what can be done to rectify this? I assume bending the ball guide should help?
» YouTube video

Interesting. Perhaps some drop dead foam on the rail where the ball hits as long as it doesn't get in the way on the plunge. Or even a one-way gate mounted where the Woodbury enters the plunger lane?

#1486 8 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Anyone else feel that Horde kills should count towards LMS?? Feels like a coding slip up...

Not way. Horde is a never ending flow of zombie kills with massive add-a-balls. You'd likely get lms right after horde often with this change. It's not a coding slip up. It's carefully thought out to be as it is.

#1559 8 years ago
Quoted from craigj:

The walking dead is more of an in depth, long ball game. Met is a little opposite of that? Wondering if MET would play more like my Star Trek Pro, and the Walking Dead Premium would give me a whole new experience?

The walking dead is brutal and is not a long ball time game. Metallica ball times are longer so is Star Trek.

TWD has awesome animations and they cannot be turned off. But how damaged can your son be by animations on a 2 color 192x32 display? If that's we him in, you got much bigger problems.

#1560 8 years ago
Quoted from craigj:

Thinking of joining TWD Club... with a purchase. Actually I am really stuck between deciding on several machines, Metallica, TWD Premium, Hobbit, WOZ. Are there any TWD owners that really regret their purchase, in regards to the Premium? I think it looks fun, but I don't have any opportunity to play it beforehand. I've heard the ball gets bounced around up top forever, much longer than it should. This next purchase will be my last for about 3 years, so I want to feel I got it right. Currently I own a Star Trek Pro with no regrets.

There is so much more to do in TWD than in Star Trek. And the software is so much better. The Star Trek layout is a bit more friendly and smoother. The ball times on Star Trek are longer than TWD. Metallica also has ingenious rules. Both Metallica and TWD will be long lasting games you'll want to keep in my opinion.

1 week later
#1655 8 years ago

I wouldn't have lubed anything. That could gunk up in the future making the problem even worse. The buffing or a good cleaning should have been plenty.

#1738 8 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

a missed crossbow shot can be an instant drain (a ball save would help there),

I don't agree with a ball save for any sort of *missed* shot. If you don't want to drain them don't miss.

#1740 8 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I totally agree. What i Dont agree on is that the stdm from the magnet after prison yard is opened does not give a ball save.

I agree with this also. But I'd like to say that unless Mb is starting, I can save that potential drain 100% of the time. It's quite easy to learn to prevent it.

#1755 8 years ago

Kpg: make some set up changes until the game is fun for you. Some games are more brutal than others. As I said the LE I bought was way more frustrating than the premium I now own especially the pops.

Sdtm means *straight* down the middle. It's when the ball is lined up perfectly vertical and falls down the center. The prison is the only place this an happen in TWD. Otherwise you're coming in from an angle not straight. Most those angled shots do have some possibility of being deflected by a perfectly timed flipper even if it seems it doesn't.

Loosen your tilt. If your game is being cheap with you then set it so you can fight back. TWD isn't a game that deserves a tight tilt bob. Nudge it hard and enjoy saving those things that use to frustrate you. Learning to nudge is part of the game.

If the outlanes are frustrating then install one of the outlane post fixes. Learn to death save etc. If the pops are frustrating you then install some of those fixes. Dont be ocd about cheating or playing the game as intended. Sounds like your game is already not playing as intended. Pops should not drain more than 10% of the time for example.

#1762 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Wow, all the posts above seems like such a chore to get this game dialed in. Doesn't sound like fun to me. I enjoy me some TWD on location but with all the work people are doing on their home machines just to get some SDTM issues fixed seems wrong.

Most are ok out of the box. TWD is worth being set up correctly.

#1789 8 years ago

Get rid of the counter.

1 month later
#2179 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I put the yoyo crossbow mod on my LE and now sometimes when the ball loads into the crossbow the cannon motor doesn't start and the game eventually goes into ball search and occasionally weakly fires the ball while the crossbow is in the parked position. If I hit the left flipper button the crossbow will activate and auto launch the ball.

Did you get this fixed? What you describe is what would happen if the cross bow ball in crossbow switch is not being activated.

#2225 8 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

I called Chas at Stern after I had the same problem twice and he said not to higher than the 4 amp(slow blow).

I'm not convinced. That circuit's fuse isn't blowing due to shorts. It's due to proper operation drawing too much power. Lord of the rings magnet had same issues and recommendation there was 5 amps fuse. I put 5a fuse in mine and will see how it goes. The fuse is useful for protecting against a direct short so it won't blow out the transistor. But if there is more than 4amp current during normal operation then a 4a fuse isn't enough. A fuse that blows every so often without any short may very well need to be beefed up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 16.00
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 8.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=markmon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.