20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg
IMG_1737 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
pb39 (resized).jpg
R0010297 (resized).jpg
ff23 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2708 7 years ago

I wouldn't bother with a full PF protector. I have WMS machines that I bought NIB almost twenty years ago and the PF's still look like when I bought them. In the home you don't need it. Plus the ball feels different on them and they eventually cloud up with scratches, etc..
Go naked baby! Except maybe some small mylar spots under the ramp returns, etc...

#2727 7 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

What is PBR? Machine looks awesome with the mods. Gratz

Pinball Refinery - does the hardware powder coating, etc...

#2735 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Anyone have an invisiglass installed on their TWD? Mine seems to have allot of glare and I wonder if the glass helps.

You could also dim the bulb and use a glare guard plastic. The cheap man's invisiglass

1 week later
#2772 7 years ago

Man all this scoring talk is making me excited to get my TWD Premium!

Speaking of scoring (pun upcoming)... I want to be able to slide and nudge this thing around. I'm always very delicate with my WMS stuff but I know Stern has the metal cab protectors built right on the cab.

Here's the question: should I use an x-acto knife and score the decals around the metal cab protector? I know the legs won't touch the cab but if the metal protectors shift on the cab won't the decals get yanked around and warped down there?

Has this happened to anybody? Maybe this isn't even an issue??

#2775 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Stern does that for you!

Awesome! Been so long since I bought a new machine I'm completely out of the loop. Thanks!

Ok dumb question #2 then... where can I find these felt sliders (if that's what is best for a carpeted surface)?? Home Depot?

#2778 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Can't help ya there. I have a concrete floor, so I have feet that are felt on the bottom so they slide better. You might want those sliders that are plastic on the bottom. Or the wood pin footies that pinball life sells.

Ahh I see... yeah the plastic bottomed ones might be the way to go on carpet. Or indeed those pin footies (that always reminds me of a set of coasters). I'll muddle around and find something... oh thx for the scoring advice throughout this thread btw. There's a small group of you guys that have put up some great advice from day one on the machine that I am now catching up on.

Just glad I finally ran across one of these to play recently in a club. Man I was instantly *hooked*. And I've never even watched the show!

#2809 7 years ago

I smell a hoax

#2828 7 years ago

Here's a question: In the rulesheet it mentions hitting the tower target during the skillshot. All I have been doing is making sure I roll across the roll overs when they are lit and then light the proper lane to collect. But do I need to try to hit the tower target up there also?
Because on my machine it's tough to hit that target reliably during a plunge.

Also the woodbury shot... do I just want to go only as far as the lit rollover to collect? I think that's right as I have gotten the million points by hitting just that rollover.

Yeah addictive game... a lot to think about as you play to maximize your points. I think I usually squander the x values or the walker bombs at this point. Lovin' it though.

#2840 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

You select which target you want. The four options are first rollover, second rollover, first lane, or second lane. You also select the reward you want at that target. Flippers are used to make both choices but I can't recall the exact behavior. I think if you keep hitting left the reward positions cycle through as your target choice stays on first rollover and if you keep hitting right your target choice cycles through eventually ending on the 2nd lane and then the rewards cycle if you continue to flip right.

Ahh I see - I have been only cycling through the rewards... I have to remember to also cycle through the targets too. Thx!

#2874 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Do you have a thread link to that kind of fix?

Unfortunately it's in the middle of THIS long thread. It really just involves lowering the right post of the left ramp to match the height of the BG flap better. Either by sanding/hacking down the original post by 1/8 inch or buying a different one.

On my new one there is a slight height difference but since it is on the right side of the flap it doesn't create any issues. When the ball flies up that ramp it tends to be on the left side of it anyways and it goes up super smooth.

I was prepared to deal with this after all the posts about it but thankfully the ball smoothly shoots right up it with no issues. I do have the coils set to "soft" however as on a new machine they have more than enough power.

#2882 7 years ago

Last night I'm playing this full bast in my pitch black living room. I take a break and hear a fox screaming outside. There's quite a few in my area and this time of year they scream to try to find a mate. It sounds like a baby shrieking...awesome sound.

I'm back in the game and all of a sudden I'm in Horde for the first time! I know I'm seriously late to the party but this is one *fantastic* game. I still have the outlanes at factory so most of my games are over quick ... BUT THEN!

That's what makes this game so special... you just never know.

#2898 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Got the Cliffy (no pads) and new right hex post installed. Way, way better. Thanks again for chiming in

I'm not having any issues with the left ramp but would like to even it out without dremel-ing the existing post. Got the part # for that shorter post? It's back *deep* in this thread and I may never find it again.

thx

#2902 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

It's a little tight to fit in because its diameter is a smidge larger. But it fits and lowers the ramp so that it sits just below (rather than above) the lip of the end of the lifting ramp

Awesome. I suppose you could also add a washer to get the height exactly even also.

Appreciate it

#2909 7 years ago

You can simply raise the PF, loosen the huge bolt on the magnet assembly and then turn the screw to raise or lower the magnets height.
I haven't done this yet so the only thing I'm fuzzy on is if it raises just the small core in the center or the entire protective metal ring. Hopefully the latter.

#2915 7 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Thanks guys/gals for the help, I got it adjusted in short order. While discussion about Stern quality, inflated game prices and craigslist etiquette can be entertaining...this is the real reason to come to pinside!

Now that your core is presumably at a different rotation point... do you notice the magnet behavior to be any different? Does it fling the ball at a slightly different angle?

I ask because my Premium likes to fire it straight down at me - which is unlike the pro I had played repeatedly. Somebody here mentioned rotating the magnet a bit but I somehow don't think that will affect it. YOU can either make me fool with it or forget it.

#2916 7 years ago

And I do tap away with the flippers when it has the ball... and curse repeatedly because if I don't time it just right it can screw me. It can be a mean mistress sometimes. Part of it's charm I suppose.

#2918 7 years ago

Ahh thanks. Funny how different each TWD can play. Love my left ramp right out of the box but my prison mag is a SOB. At least the WW magnet is pretty amusing... when he fully hangs on to it he'll drop it nicely to the flipper - other times he whips it around... even up the riot shot. He's a helpful fellow that way.

#2922 7 years ago

There's a lot for sale at the moment. I suspect GB is currently sucking away a lot of pin dollars.

#2932 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Fox, eh? Well, down here I'm a bit more worried about this shizz going on when I'm playing TWD alone..
https://www.facebook.com/gem106fm/videos/1219480581430255/

Wow that is something to see. Yeah seeing that in the window (especially in the evening) would scare the sh*t outta me. What a badass.

Maybe he used to box?

#2936 7 years ago

Looking good man... nice job. Btw are those the red sling/guide protectors from PBL? If so do you have elevate them a bit with washers to avoid having the crossbow hit them?

#2950 7 years ago

Yeah I'm going to try that Tool version soon myself... right now I have been enjoying KPG's version. Nice to have these alternatives!

#2964 7 years ago

So anybody know what happened to KPG?

1 week later
#2995 7 years ago

Hey you and me both. But that just makes the big game you get even sweeter... no matter what your final score. I like the way you can't just flail away and hit ramps, etc... maybe some drops by accident but you really need to try for each shot. You also have to remember to keep hitting drops throughout the game or you'll sort of hit a dead end. So different from a lot of my other machines... in a good way.

#2997 7 years ago
Quoted from mudflap:

He's just not sensitive enough like me.

So you both need sensitivity training? Company mandated?

#3006 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I made a Nine Inch Nails and Radiohead mix (all instrumental and looped appropriately) for this and I'm not afraid to say I knocked it out of the park. Was brainstorming it and planning it for mos.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-nine-inch-nails-radiohead-mix-by-randomkg

When I get back from vacation I'm going to give it a shot. Looking forward to it... thx for the effort. Awesome having different mixes for this game.

1 week later
#3101 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Painted and installed the prison tower mod this weekend. Really like that this has two separate lights (upper interior and front spot light) that come on at separate times. Fits in great with the game and the feel of the prison area is much more complete now too.
My thanks again to 27dnast for helping me find one!

Nice paint work. If I could do such wonders I also would have grabbed one. I thought about it but figured my final result would look like somebody did a drive-by graffiti job on it.

1 week later
#3147 7 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Looks like I might be joining the club very soon. All I'm waiting on is confirmation and logistics. Picking up a premium. I've only played a couple of pros on location so this ought to be an interesting and fun experience.
As far as alternative sounds/voices...which is the overall most preferred? I listened to the recent one with the music (can't remember more detail on that) and I thought the music was great but wasn't sure if that or changing out the voices is a bigger improvement. Any thoughts? (links would be helpful as well)
Thanks.

I'm using KPG's right now... it incorporates the quotes from the series like the others but also leaves the "redneck" in a lot of spots to point out some game shots, etc.. it's a modified version of the others that were heavy on clips from the series.
The music is a nice version of the original that retains the doomsday orchestra riff but adds a bit of groove and some techno flairs done
(believe it or not) ...tastefully.

Play it with the original sounds for a while then start trying the others out. There's a Tool version... Slayer version... etc All are pretty well done and easy to swap in.

Also get the Gnassel mod that flickers and lights up the bicycle girl... maybe lane extenders... lotta good stuff for this game.

I don't have the links handy but they are deep in this thread... starting maybe about halfway through. Plus some have their own threads on PS you could search for.

#3157 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What's the going price USA for HUO LE?

There has been about 5 for sale in the last month. Right now on PS marketplace are two LE's... 7500 and 8100

#3180 7 years ago

Yeah when I got a Premium recently I was all set to have to do this and that to the left ramp but... nope. It's been perfect out of the box.

I felt cheated out of all the tinkering I was planning on doing

#3203 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I'm in the club! Picked up this gem today

Well there goes the neighborhood

#3221 7 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

I seriously thought this sounded like some kind of glitch LOL . I was like WTF was that

Hey you're not the first to dislike that "knocker". Thankfully you can turn it off in the settings.

#3230 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Is the 'knocker' sound stored as a sample ? I wonder if the sound can be changed in Pinball Browser ?
I can think of some great sounds to have in its place.

That's a great question and there are quite a few people over here that have worked this game to death changing audio samples. Hopefully one of them can shed some light on this... you'd think somebody would have already done this by now if it were possible though.

#3244 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Buy your Well Walker a set of pants from Pingraffix:
http://www.pingraffix.com/#!product-page/c1xid/95d4bd25-0110-98b3-7b29-dd8ed4685b54
They look great and you get two pants decals with each order.

But what if my Well Walker likes to go commando?

Got the package btw.

#3251 7 years ago

Yeah it's such a high energy game with stationary bash toys the dimples are inevitable... like MM, etc. Nice thing is it will get an nice uniform orange peel *eventually*. Like my 19 year old MM... I now forget how many years that took though... but not 19!

1 week later
#3263 7 years ago
Quoted from Mot-Man-616:

Here is a picture of it. I have had balls get stuck on the backside of it when partially open like this. Any suggestions would be helpful

Is the Mezelmod "door roof" tightened down too hard? I don't know if over-tightening the mod would bear down on the top of the doors and rub or not. I have that too and it hasn't caused any issues. I suppose that's the first thing you checked.

#3290 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Got a TWD Pro yesterday and today I installed the pinblade art; painted the well walker and made my own Woodbury sign.

That sign looks good - "a walker free community"...lol Nice job

#3302 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

But hes not a well walker thats in the code of the game

Yeah I kinda agree. The Modfather idea is a cool looking figure... and the original IS disgusting looking but it actually looks damn close to the well walker that was in the show.

I have more respect for the game's WW after seeing him in the show. Plus you realize why he splits in the middle

But if you want to switch things up it's a worthy replacement.

#3314 7 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I have a question regarding the prison magnet. My buddies magnet pretty much always just drops it sdtm, when I feel it's supposed to fling it. How is that magnet supposed to act? If it is supposed to fling it, is there an adjustment that can be made, or is there a problem with his?

Mine does this a bit too and simply hitting the flippers doesn't always save it. I hold in one and quickly tap the other...almost like a vibration and that gets the ball excited enough to fling it OTHER than SDTM. It's fun to do when it works... when it doesn't you wonder why the hell it wasn't designed to fling it properly by itself.

#3341 7 years ago

I can't tell if I like it or not. I *want* to like it but my brain keeps saying "gutter guards" ...maybe because I use those on my house's rain gutters.

#3371 7 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I was disappointed when I realized the Premium has a bunch of tiny LEDs soldered to light boards for the inserts. I experimented with some transparent colored film. Blue (WELL) looks great, red (crosshairs) isn't bad. Green (supplies) is a little too dim.

Yeah I did the film thing too... added red sparingly on bloodbath, horde and Woodbury (to balance it out). I was going to add more colors but then decided I didn't want this particular machine to get too "cheerful". And as you pointed out... some of the film colors do noticeably dim the inserts.

#3379 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Did the same but only white to be a diffuser as lights were too bright and so now look normal.

Hmmm. Pretty clever. This is my first new Stern in years so I'm still enjoying the blinding light show in the dark...but that would be something to consider in the future.

To do *every* insert though... that must have taken you some time.

#3382 7 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I think the Well Walker ones look good with filters because those inserts are transparent. The crosshairs and supplies inserts are translucent white, so adding the filters makes them too dim.

Makes sense. Maybe I'll revisit those

#3388 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

TWD Premiums are in production now. JJ at Game Exchange just got some in (one of which has my name on it). I e-mailed Patrick Powers at Stern a to ask if these new TWD Premiums should be worry-free in regards to the playfields and have yet to hear back.
Has anyone gotten one yet from this new run?

Well what would you EXPECT him to say? Seriously?

I have one from the earlier run this year and it's got a sweet PF. One of the nicest Stern PF's I have. Hated to even play it and dimple it up as it was like a deep mirror with no visible insert edges, etc. At the time I was tempted to buy another one from the run and just keep it boxed up but that would be... silly.

Let's hope the new batch upholds this tradition. Good luck with it and let us know when you get it - it's a great game.

1 week later
#3417 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Looks like my game should be delivered tomorrow, anything I know as a first time stern and NIB? I'm sure there's a NIB opening 101 tbread around here somewhere

I'd consider getting the lane extenders unless you're damn good. It can be a cruel mistress at times.

It's a bit like lighting a roman candle with an iffy fuse... you'll fizzle out with a lot of short games but when it goes off: watch out!

Craziness ensues

#3422 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Should've bought some news balls for prep, don't have any extra on hand.
Will look for the adjustments thread, thanks for the tips guys.

Mine actually came with some great balls for once so you may not need a set.

Well that sure doesn't sound right... lol

#3429 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

The ramp on the premium I got last week isnt completely flush either...works perfect! Congrats! Its such a great pin.

Well it shouldn't sit flush as there is a small bit of foam under it to protect the PF. Yeah it really is a keeper I agree.

2 weeks later
#3523 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Maybe when I install the shaker I'll finally get to horde mode!

Horde also rocks with a subwoofer under the cab. I find the shakers kinda distracting and rattle-y so you could also consider the sub route... or go ALL IN and use both lol

1 week later
#3565 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Same issue. I started to look into it a little. The doors are opened by a single coil that pulls a bracket with 2 arms on it. Im guessing the holes are a tiny bit off, and it pulls one side a little harder than the other side. I havent played with it much to find a fix, just started looking into why it was doing it.
I also ran into an issue with the BG ramp on my premium. I got this machine about a month ago and it had the BG ramp fix installed at the factory. 400 games in and I now have a nice cut in my playfield where the ramp flap hits the playfield. Whenever the ball hits the ramp, it goes down and touches the playfield. Well, all that ramp hitting has caused it to dig in. Not happy.

Hmmm so the foam under the ramp flap didn't do it's job? Did it shrink or deteriorate?

#3570 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

The foam is perfect still. It stopped the rivet from digging in. But since the flap sits above the playfield, the constant ball hitting it into the playfield when it goes up made it dig in is my guess. I put some mylar on it now, just sucks I didnt notice it earlier. I wasnt looking for that, I had been watching where the rivets were.

Sorry to hear it but appreciate the head's up. I'm going to check mine next time I play.

1 week later
#3601 7 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

SEASON 7 SPOILER ALERT--Do not read if you've not seen episode 1 (if you watch the show):
Negan's whistle is in the "non-Milhouse" code (I forget the name of the gentleman who made it). Rest assured, it's wonderful.
Best callout idea I've heard on here is the "Pourin' the Bisquick" line from the now dearly departed Abraham.

THANK YOU for the spoiler alert. I DVR'ed the show but was trying not to hear anything until I could watch it. Then I stumble in here without thinking... you could have spoiled it for me dude! But you didn't... I physically looked away when I saw you post title

#3610 7 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

It was a rough episode; not one they'd gain new viewers from.
That said, I think the longer the show is in production, the more interest there will be in the pin. I liked the show first, then the pin, so I am happy with my Premium.
Cheers,
Winston.

Yeah I avoided the show for 6 years thinking it was just about zombie killing, etc. Then I played the pin and was hooked. So I'm your backwards twin

Fortunately I could now binge on about 80 hours of the show without having to fast forward through commercials on Netflix. I enjoyed it immensely but yeah... don't like the cackling hollywood 2D style scripted villain they now have. I assume this episode was to set up the season and it will return to it's more "complex" nature. Hate losing characters (especially one on the side of the machines) but this show has constantly added good characters over the years so I'm looking forward to seeing new faces.

From what I read they may not really need that many new viewers... it's apparently the only show that worries the NFL and pulls people away from SNF. Though the NFL is down across the board this year.

#3624 7 years ago

I forget the sequence but there is a way to always put the million point shot up on the top lane - which is usually easier to hit than the rollovers. Something like left flipper twice then right flipper three times.

#3626 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

One flipper moves the award the other flipper chooses which shot you want to shoot for.

Yeah but don't they affect each other? Like when I'd set it for the million point award then move the shot then the award would change with it? So I had to do a specific sequence or I'd be monkeying around with it forever. So I found I had to do a certain sequence to always have the shot and award where I wanted it. I wish I could just set the award independent from the shot.

Now you're making me think I've lost my mind

#3628 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It's either you or me. I'm going with the former.

I remember seeing a video of the gameplay before I bought the machine and seeing the guy have to fuss with the skill shot to get it where he wanted it. I can't check mine right now but I don't think it's as simple as just picking the lane and the award. I wish it was but they mess with each other... or my machine is fubar.

#3631 7 years ago

If I remember correctly you pick the award and then cycle the light to the shot you want. Problem is by the time you cycle it up to the top lanes the award has changed along with it. So I usually have to set the award to 250 or 500k... then when I cycle it up to the right top lane it is the million point shot I want. So for me it's something like 2 hits on the left to 3 on the right to get the award AND the lane I want.
If that makes any sense.

I'm not sophisticated enough to know why I would want "bit". I assume this gives you a certain point total when you lose the ball through the outlane with "bit" active. I'd probably lose it down the other lane so I usually go for the million points. Quick gratification.

At least the redneck is always impressed... no matter what the outcome

#3661 7 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

move the 1 million or whatever reward you want to the very top of the dmd using the left flipper, then hit the right flipper 3 times to move the skill shot to the top right lane. then for premium/le folks, hit the launch button on the lockdown bar, almost always scores the right lane on plunge...

Thanks - that's what I was thinking of. That's what I do but use the manual plunger. Still a good bet you'll hit it.

#3664 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Gonna stick with the dime vs nickel after all
Laugh all you want. I too find it funny.
Yet the prison walker registers like a boss now.
Odds are if your prison walker is fine then the bracket with the spring is closer to your target by the width of dime or too lol
Im sure a more elegant solution would be to put another legit switch spacer (whatever those tan squares are) on the actual bracket where the leaf switch attaches (not pictured)
I have a 2014 run if that makes a difference.
Perhaps Stern already added a spacer to the switch. In all likelihood tho these games are assembled by hand & although pilot holes are pre drilled for the brackets I know things can move a bit when fastened so each game will register a bit better or worse than others. Just my thinking

Hillbilly innovation for the win! Seems appropriate for this title Mine registers ok but if it starts getting flaky I'll remember your fix.

Should've used some pink chewing gum to hold the dime on to get the full effect though...lol

#3687 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Does anyone know if there is an Up-kick coil setting on these? Im not home, but I could have sworn I saw one before the update, and now I cant find it.
Would like to turn down the coil so that the ball doesnt kick up so quickly to the shooter lane..

I only found the global setting for coil power and set mine to "soft". It still has more than enough power to make the big ramps, etc.
In fact the manual says the settings either decrease or increase the power by 12%. Not huge but for a clean home game I find less is more for flipper power.

#3689 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Anyone have extra mods? Signs ? Train track etc?

What? Are you accusing Pinsiders of stuffing their machines with costly and unneeded junk just for fun? We're Puritans around here...
not only is nothing added...we even REMOVE plastics and toys that seem too flashy or eye catching!

Some of us even have our kids power the machine by pedaling a stationary bike fitted with a manual generator. They don't seem to like it much but it teaches 'em character.

#3691 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Where is this setting? I went through everything this weekend and dont think I saw that...

Standard adjustments - #43

1 week later
#3731 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Congratulations. The LE is beautiful and plays awesome.
Great mods beyond the basics of PDI glass, a shaker and sub....include the bicycle girl light, ramp lights (pick a color), the topper, the shooter rod, the EL fence, the prison tower and side decals or mirrors and the speaker panels and lights. Then you can go to the alternate Stern armour, the blood splatter decals, various signs, tracks, LED back lights, figurines, etc. Get all the sound files options provided here... awesome and free. The LED DMD is coming as well (must have imo). Others then refit LED colors, etc.

Don't forget yoyocopter's outlane extenders. I enjoyed it without the extenders but due to my lack of skill...didn't see myself ever getting very far in the game.

Even with the extenders I can have some quick (bad) games but now I can get to Horde, etc on occasion

3 weeks later
#3853 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

guys, got a premium coming my way- heard of issues with the bicycle ramp with fixes - what are the fixes?
Neil.

They're all in this thread but the ramp on my Premium was smooth and reliable right out of the box. I was ready to tackle it after reading these posts but then never had to...lol

2 weeks later
#3879 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Where you getting the figurines at Beez? They look cool! Are the attached to the little screws in the plastics to hold them in place?

You can find them on eBay or Amazon if you want to give your machine that LOTR look.

#3881 7 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Some updated pics of my Prem. Embarrassed to say my wife beat me all 3 games we played New Years Eve. I should kill her!

Looks nice. One thing you need to finish it off is the plastic Mezel sells that hides the round washers over the prison doors. Really cleans up the look of the prison, etc.

#3886 7 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Thanks. It's on my list along with the prison tower.

Aside from the prison tower (which looks awesome painted) you could always add some light to the rear of the ramps in the chamber back in there. You can go with a static LED strip but I got one with some electronics and a controller which allows the color back there to pulse...kinda like a heartbeat. Adds some life to the lighting. A guy named Kim makes the kit... Kimball's Pinball's I believe.

You even put blood on the metal next to the crossbow. I like it. Nice and bloody everywhere.

#3897 7 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Were you surprised , great game you are going to love it more when the colorDMD drops.

Any more news about this?

#3899 7 years ago

Other then me harassing them on every colorDMD hint photo with TWD guesses and tell them I'm about to throw the towel in and give up on seeing it in color when it wasn't, I was told by the big man himself to be patient and not to give up so quickly. So I would say for sure it's in the pipeline for a 2017 release.

Good to hear. I can't think of a better candidate for colorDMD. thx!

#3932 7 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Picked up a tower mod a bit ago and installed it today. Just curious if anyone else made a harness for the 2 pin connector? Couldn't bring myself to alter the original wiring. Not sure why the did the 3 prong with a harness and not the 2 pin. Also how did everyone else get the thing to hold tight to the back, adhesive? Mine tilts forward a bit.

Yeah I just soldered the 2 wire connection directly to the flasher ends so not to mess with the original wiring. I'm not fond of those squeeze-type connectors they included that are supposed to bite through the insulation of the other wires.

I also had a slight tilt to the tower but found if I pulled a bit on the black connector that comes out of the tower to down under the PF I could get it to stand just right. Then I secured the connector under the PF to keep it in position.

#3940 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Looks like a barn to me.

Best the budget could afford! lol That's why the prison tower got put in a picture on the backboard.

Binge on 6 seasons worth on Netflix... it'll make a little more sense. You gotta start with the very first episode though to really feel invested in it

#3942 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

You should a least be able to tell from the dude yelling "prison multiball!" when it starts.
I agree that starting blood bath with prison multiball or well walker multiball is the best way to light all the multi kill weapons for horde. Keep blood bath going by focusing on the target banks and adding balls.

I do all this and do get to Horde but can still not get a monster score. Might have to do with whenever I load the X shot with the inlane I then usually choke and miss that shot. But that's not the machine's fault

#3948 7 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Didn't really work in my case. What I ended up doing was unscrewing the screw on the back graphics that is near the tower about half way. Then I put in the tower and lightly tightened the screw around the left rear post on the tower...held it tight to the box. Now I just hope it holds/doesn't break the tower there...

Glad you worked it out...probably be fine in the long run. Also sorry but I remember my problem was my tower leaning to the right and putting tension on the main cord from it straightened it out... I'd forgotten that so no wonder that didn't properly yank your tower backwards into position.

Is yours painted? I got one from a guy here that was nicely painted/distressed looking. Worked out well for me as even if I found a "bare" one I didn't trust my own skills not to make it totally fugly in attempting to paint it.

#3949 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveNZ:

For premium and LE it would be nice if the Horde insert lit sometime in the game. Say flashing for ready {just need to hit Woodbury) then solid once achieved.

Sadly Lymans probably so buried with the unfinished BM66 we may never see a final polishing

Talk about one guy holding the whole operation together...

#3951 7 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

With Lyman I would not doubt about it. For reference, think about Tron and MET.
The premium/le 'horde' light is a known bug so someday in the future I figure it will get fixed
ps: manic... nice location 'Alexandria' (season 6)

Ha - yeah and I think their "Alexandria" WAS supposed to be near Washington DC in Virginia like mine. Unfortunately it wasn't actually in "my" Alexandria after all

#3963 7 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

I want a Twd but i'm waiting for the Negan premium version !

Then just get KPG's sound mix. Has Negan's whistle all over it.

#3971 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lit prison wire mod is #1 for me from PBR
Such a great pin and so many ways to play it thanks to Lyman
A good MB with Blood bath, and add a balls, will get you to Horde, especially with Prison stack
For me Terminus is the most challenging right now. And what an awesome mode that is!

Hey man if I have just done Horde...what's the route to Terminus? Or is it something you need to shoot for from the start?
Thx!

#3986 7 years ago

There are several little adjustments that you can do that will alleviate this issues 95% of the times. They were posted here in this thread.

The only adjustment I read about was to try to rotate the magnet core and people that had done it said it doesn't change it's behavior. On my particular machine it tends to throw it down the middle most of the time no matter what kind of flipper tapping you do... not like this on some other machines and I don't think anyone knows why this is the case.

I wish they did...believe me.

#3988 7 years ago

I know I had found when I rotate my core about 1/4 to 1/2 of a turn and that did the trick for sure. You can also have the machine pitch slightly towards the right flipper and that would help with that SDTM and also coming down from the pops where many were getting SDTM. Try some of those simple adjustments it did wonders for my machine but every machine is like a women they each have their own attitudes .

Good to know. Well I now finally have big ass wrench for that core nut so maybe I will give it a shot. I hate to mess with the side to side pitch as I have no problems with the pops going down the center. In fact it plays wonderfully fair *except* for the prison magnet.

#3990 7 years ago

Then try just the magnet option, you never know until you try. Remember small movement it don't need to be drastic and you want to remain flush with the PF.

Hey you *guaranteed* me dude! I'm driving all the way up there if it doesn't work

1 week later
#4046 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

so I need that clear plastic visor at the bottom of the premium bicycle girl ramp? The one on this one is cracked and broken on one side and I need to get it replaced. If I apply the various fixes to the ramp do they eliminate the need to replace this clear plastic?

My ramp is still the way it came from the factory and the plastic is still fine up there. If you need a new one there is a mod maker that sells it. That's if Chas can't send you one from Stern. Good luck with it.

#4048 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just to be clear are you speaking of the clear plastic at the entrance to the ramp or the one at the top?
I'm looking for the one at the entrance that overhangs the playfield.

Yeah I'm talking about the one to the entrance at the bottom that sits off center . I was surprised to see someone selling these but now I know why...

#4050 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Do you know who does? Haven't seen them for sale.

Ha! Right underneath your post to me was the item displayed in the pink(ish) Pinside market ads. Hope this is what you want:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1012-ulekstore/00060-clear-acrylic-replacement-mod-for-stern-s-twd-bicycle-ramp

Do I deliver or what?

#4081 7 years ago

Regarding ColorDMD... Does this mean they figure there will be no more game code updates?

1 week later
#4131 7 years ago

So for my 2016 TWD Premium I just need to get the eight dollar spacer kit, right? Not blow another 24 bucks on the more elaborate kit?

Thx

3 weeks later
#4255 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Tunnel might be the best mode in pinball that isn't a wizard mode. Fantastic reward for a very difficult shot. So dangerous but I cannot help going for it every time it's lit.

Yeah nothing like the tunnel to arena ramp combo also - I did it twice in a row the other day. Wish I could claim it was my skill rather than lucky shots. Love the combo sound too.. CLUNK

#4262 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I love this combo, but I find that the ball sometimes gets so much speed that it will fly off the ramp.

Yeah I agree. Maybe that's why it feels so good when it works

For what it's worth mine seems to have finally calmed down a bit and I can smack away at that incoming cruise missile and NOT cringe at the potential massive air ball.

I suspect it will do it again when I wax it though.

#4263 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Now I know why this is happening for others. On mine the owner put a piece of plastic as a roof right at that point. I suggests others do the same.

I don't have it come off the Arena ramp. It's when it's flying back at the left flipper from a fast tunnel shot that the flipper will make the ball go airborn. And this is with the flipper rubber raised on the bat to help prevent this.

But it's apparently calmed down and I can finally enjoy this combo on a more consistent basis.

#4265 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Oh I see. Wonder why mine doesn't do this? I've played with regular rubber and now Titans and neither do it.

It's probably because I'm such a badass that I have the game set ridiculously steep so I can barely follow the ball at this speed.

Pure adrenaline with the added benefit of being able to justify my massively low scores

#4269 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Let's see your bubble level cause mine is past the top line. Also my levelers in the back can't go any higher.

Don't try to out-badass me!

#4271 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. I'll defer to your superior badassness, just blows my mind that two games set probably the same way gets completely different reactions from the ball.

I agree with that. Before I got my TWD Prem I dutifully researched and prepared for re-doing the left ramp to get a smooth experience. I'm still nicely shocked I never had to do anything to it... ball shoots up there quite smoothly with no fuss. Maybe not *quite* as smooth as a pro but certainly not clunky with rejected shots, etc...

So yeah... Stern managed to deliver *variety* even within the same game title. "It's not a bug - it's a feature!"

1 week later
#4318 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Impressive. 7-8 Woodbury shots and 16 tower shots in one game under 30 mins. That's insane. Haha

Maybe he has "invisaglass"... as in *the glass is off* lol Nah I like to hear about epic games on TWD because they are pretty rare (for me) but so satisfying when they finally happen.

#4342 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

My Wellwalker magnet seems underpowered compared to some I have seen - is it adjustable? Thanks

You can move it up or down with a twist but I doubt if it will do anything because it's already so wonky... in a good way on my machine. Some time mine holds it for a bit and gently drops it to the right flipper. Other times it will whip it so violently it will shoot up and make the RIOT lane shot. So who knows.

My prison magnet has always been disappointing compared to other machines I've played though. If I try to bang away on the flippers when it's held it doesn't throw it off nicely (or even get a hit on the prison like some) but *always* throws it straight down the middle. I've learned to actually leave it alone now as when it releases it on it's own it tends to throw it down at and angle so I can get the ball back under control.

#4364 7 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Just got my premium. Any suggestions on best game play video?

Yeah don't spoil it watching a video. Play it for a little while to discover some things yourself... THEN watch a video or read about the scoring possibilities.

At least that's what I did. I hate spoilers

#4366 7 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Okay that's what I've done now. Games been set up for 24 hours and love. Played stock sound most of today and then It took me 5 hours and 4 thumb drives to try and install Cleland voice overs. Then finally found this.
But nonethess it's installed now.

oooh yeah... look at that damn leg! It's showing some leg... and not in a good way. Good detective work.

Btw look into getting Gnassel's light up kit for the under ramp Bicycle Girl and don't be afraid to try Yoyo copter's extended outlane guides if you find the hungry outlanes too frustrating.

After these you can leisurely pick up some of the cool cosmetic mods for this game. Enjoy

#4368 7 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Thanks Manic I appreciate all of the advice. The Bicycle Girl light mod on list.
The outlanes are hungry, however this game is sharing room with GB and RZ so I'm getting very use to screaming profanities as my ball drains

Ah so you are bit of a masochist and a glutton for punishment. You do indeed have a perfect lineup then. You'll be one badass player if you can eventually tame those three titles

#4376 7 years ago

Let me know when you are sure you have sold yours as I have the same new set I never used and would like to sell also...

Glad your post reminded me or I never would have gotten around to it.

#4379 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Sold and shipped

Good deal - thx!

2 weeks later
#4451 7 years ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

For the last few months I've been sacrificing and saving. The waiting is almost over!!!! I will likely join the club within the next month or so!!! Going to get the premium for sure, just deciding on what mods to get done upon purchase. Potentially buying through Melissa at CoinTaker. She seems very straight forward and has been extremely helpful thus far. Who else has some ideas for mods? Right now I'm thinking Shaker, Pop bumper mod, tower mod, survivors inside mod for the prison. I know I will need Bicycle Girl light mod but cointaker has been sold out of those for awhile. Any other suggestions guys?!?! I can't wait to have it home!!! I've only played the pro and my high score in limited play on that was 97mil.

You want to get the Bicycle Girl light from Gnassel in Germany. It's the better one with the flickering effect, etc. You can PM him over here.

#4473 6 years ago

Mine did that a couple times early on but now I have it set pretty damn steep and I think that must help the ball settle into the crossbow switch - it's never had that issue again.

1 month later
#4600 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Hi guys. I just installed the bicycle girl light mod from Gnassel on my Premium yesterday. What a great mod this is! I highly recommend it. I think this should have been included from Stern. Now I can clearly see BG's face and the artwork in front of her while the ramp is up and the white LED is on. I love how the red LED turns on briefly when the ball strikes her. Very cool effect! My only concern was the alligator clip connections with the shaking from the shaker motor. I cut off the clips after I verified that the mod worked correctly and I liked it.
Now let me just tell you how impressed I am with Gnassel. I contacted him via PM and he responded the next day (he's in Germany). He asked for my address so he could send the mod to me. He said to pay him AFTER I've installed the mod and I'm happy. That really surprised me. What a fantastic pinsider!
Great mod!
Great guy!
Thanks Gnassel
I can post pics if anyone is interested
Junky

Yeah he did that for me too. What a guy huh?

3 weeks later
#4718 6 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

I went to staples and purchased some Avery transparent dividers to use as gels for the weapon inserts. They didn't seem to provide enough tint. It would be cool if someone designed a colored transparent plate that bolts unders the inserts and above the board. I am surprise mezel or other popular modders never came out with something like that. I hate the fact stern uses these damn led boards on the premium/LE. White is so boring.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004A9PMGE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

I got this and it makes the inserts nice and red... in fact all the colors worked but blue didn't seem to fit in with the theme so I think I just colorized Bloodbath, Horde and a few others. I think I did some small ones with green too. I may have done the weapons too... I need to go look as it's been a while.

Worked pretty well in fact. Mine is the Premium if that matters... not sure if the inserts are colored differently on the pro.

White IS boring.

#4719 6 years ago

posting fail... nothing to see here folks.

#4728 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Got my Walking Dead LE today. Wheeled it from the garage to my walk out basement and set it up by myself, pretty proud of myself. I don't think I will every buy a used pinball again.. it smells so bad like cat poop. Anyways, my MMR LE makes a very loud knock with free ball and credit etc, its awesome. The walking dead makes this weird sound from the speakers.. is that it?? Thats the knock?

Yup. I'd turn it off and at least it's less ear damaging than the traditional Bally/WMS coil knockers.

#4734 6 years ago

Yeah there's only about 5 or 6 complete sound packages that people have made for this game. It's all in this thread and in it's own TWD sound "swap" thread.

#4746 6 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

Ok I have made 8 of these railroad crossing lighted mods with a Terminus map underneath. Easy to install in 5 minutes, no soldering required. I will send you a link with a video on installation. They come with a 30 day money back warranty and a 6 month repair or replace warranty if they break or stop working FOR ANY REASON (minus shipping). They are 54.95 plus 4.95 shipping and handling. I know they are pricey, but they took a long time to make. I probably am not going to make anymore so get them while they last! Here is a link with them in action.
» YouTube video
email me at [email protected] if interested.

You might want to edit this post. The pic is tiny and doesn't zoom and the YT video is private.

#4775 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Or you can spend the entire mode trying to make even a single tunnel shot until you clank and it goes sdtm. That's my strategy.

And I thought I was the only guy that uses that approach...lol

#4782 6 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Hi,
I'm afraid you're right--it thinks there is a ball in trough slot #18, all of the time. So I have a connector or wire issue there. I'm not sure where to start, but I will try those two plugs. They are super hard to disconnect!
Thanks so much for your help, PhBooms. At this point, I'm 50% hopeful I might get to play some serious pinball with my brother this weekend. It would mean a lot to our relationship.

I'm not sure TWD is a game to bring people closer... without tweaking or lane extenders, etc there is bound to be more frustration and cursing than brotherly love. I'm kidding but only a little... there might be better activities for family time.
Have some fun no matter what you do though...

#4796 6 years ago

I swung the coil around the core and as expected it did nothing. It's just some wound wire and I also rotated the core itself and it didn't do anything as it's just a steel plug. Neither of these should affect the "direction" of the magnet's pull in any case. The ones that fling it well do it by pulsing the magnet and gravity.

What IS different is the amount of "engagement" with the magnet and the flippers as you interrupt it. The Pro I've played on location really feels like you get full control of the ball briefly with the flippers... to the point you can fling it backwards and get a free hit on the prison.

On my Prem it simply seems to disengage the magnet... often simply allowing it to drain down through the middle. There's no sense of having that temporary grip on the ball or the ability to pulse it like the Pro I've played. Not sure what I can be done to change this. I don't want to change the side to side level of the machine as I get almost zero drains from the pops. And I know on this title that's a good thing.

#4797 6 years ago

ahhh fudge...

1 week later
#4908 6 years ago
Quoted from Olaa:

I have a little question, isn't the "horde" suppose to light up or at least flash when you get the horde mode? Mine doesn't, and the lamp works.
Ola

It currently does NOT light up but the red flasher starts firing by the Woodbury shot when Horde is ready.

#4951 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

The links are in post #913 here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09/page/19#post-3665319
I'm running the custom kpg audio on my Premium. It sounds amazing IMO. And I've tried all of the custom audio roms I could find on my virtual pinball machine including slayer/beavis&butthead, NIN, etc.
I think both the kpg and cleland roms sound way better than stock. You should try a few and see what you like.
Junky

Yeah I think the KPG is one of the best as it gives you all the Cleland show quotes but leaves a little bit of the redneck in for some shot instruction

#4952 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Okay, so I thought I knew what hard pinball was. Then I got my TWD tonight. What the hell. My butthole actually was *NOT* ready.

Don't be afraid to get the yoyocopter lane extenders... at least to use at first. Otherwise your wife may never want to play it...at all. You'll still lose it down the middle, etc but it makes the outlanes comparable to other machines.

Play it first for a while without them... then later you can remove them when you have a handle on the shots.

1 week later
#5004 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Added some new GI to the ol' pro. Whatchoo think?

I think with the blue on the top you're subconsciously trying to make it into SW...

Looks good - enjoy

1 month later
#5183 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

So it's safe to say that the games come from factory like this and need to be modified by the owner/operator to avoid the cheap SDTM?

No. Mine has a finicky prison magnet where I need to time the release just right to get it to throw the ball away from SDTM but have never had the annoying problem with the pops like some have. It maybe goes down the middle once out of 15 times from the pops. The machine is probably not perfectly level but I'm certainly not gonna mess with it.

2 weeks later
#5243 6 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Regarding flipper hop there is a small amount of movement possible with the flipper bushes. I recently changed some flipper bushes and was surprised how much movement is possible once the screws that hold them in have been loosened.
You should be able to drop the flipper a little lower that may help.

"bushings"... unless they call it something different in Jolly Old England

Good idea btw.

3 weeks later
#5345 6 years ago
Quoted from chill:

I wonder how many pins have sold and the buyer paid the use tax?

I'll take a wild guess and say.... none

1 week later
#5368 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Once you see the zombie get hit in the head for the 2nd time with the crowbar, start flipping both flippers and it will usually sling the ball left or right and not send it SDTM. Don’t ask me why this works, but it does.

If it's like mine you don't need to wait on the animation. When you hit both flippers it releases the ball. Then hit them both again and it pulses... pulling the ball back up and it usually goes off at some sort of helpful angle. If you pulse it just right it can fling it upwards enough to get a free prison hit. Boom.

I used to just double flip wildly as this worked on another TWD on location but for mine I have to just hit the flippers once... then again to flip it back up. Pissed me off endlessly until I understood it and got the timing right.

Oddly I rarely get SDTM's from the tunnel exit. Probably just got lucky with the angle of the game... don't want to mess with it now. lol

1 week later
#5394 6 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

I know everybody hates it when people put action figure mods on their pins. But I found these TWD mini figures and I couldn’t help it. Nobody even notices them unless I point them out.
They come in blind packs. So you don’t really know what your going to get. I wound up with Rick, Daryl, Merle and 4 walkers. It worked out pretty good. I put Daryl and a walker over by crossbow magnet. I put Rick and Merle over by Woodbury. And the rest of the walkers I put around the prison.

They look good. Small and tasteful. Rick's iconic pose looks especially appropriate in the machine.

3 weeks later
#5659 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Not possible to change the leds on a board with another color?

No but you can add color to select inserts by simply using gels (cut colored plastic sheets) trimmed and attached under the PF.

Super easy, reversible and you can get a multicolored pack cheap at a craft store.

1 week later
#5738 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

How is that even possible? My right ramp hits have to be perfect, and even then they feel like they'll barely make it - but they do. Never do they have enough strength to fly off. What angle is your game set up?

It happens when the ball comes flying down the left orbit after a successful tunnel shot. If you smack it up the right ramp with the left flipper it can indeed shoot right off the ramp.

2 weeks later
#5834 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Thank you, Gweem, for your photo of the pop mechanics. I addressed the switches, one by one, widening the gap, and that helped a lot. My first go 'round, I all but disabled the pops with a gap of 2.5mm. Now I'm at c. 1mm and things are a little better in terms of time lingered in the pops. SUPER helpful!
And thank you, Fox, for your suggestion re: leveling the PF, not the cab'. Got it.
Jason

Also try setting your coils to "soft". MORE than enough power for home use, easier on your plastics and may also help with your pop issue.

#5838 6 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

So i decided to upgrade my membership to the TWD Premium Club. I braved a winter storm last night for 7 hour drive 30mph on the highway and howling winds. Just so i could have it for the weekend. Pics incoming. Got my first game in on it after set up and wow. The light show alone is worth the upgrade.
PS ---Any helpful hints on scoring. Like how to use walker bombs. How you get walker bombs. And how many you get etc. Also where to shoot the crossbow>?

Congrats as it's a keeper. Good choice. I don't think we need any more stock pics though as there are 3 years of them up here. Save a server that's running on diesel-powered electricity

#5843 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

At least you didn’t force it and break the key off in the lock and then have to drill it out. I can’t say the same.

ouch!

1 week later
#5897 6 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

the bicycle girl ramp protector is a must mod right>? does one just pm "Cliffy"

Wasn't a "must" mod for me. I got mine in mid 2016 and the ramp flap has foam on the bottom to protect the PF and the shot was smooth right out of the box. I was ready to do some work on it after reading posts about it before I got it but it turned out no tweaking was needed.

Except adding Gnassel's flickering light mod of course. That IS a must

1 month later
#6075 6 years ago

There shouldn't be a blank drop target in this game. My 2016 has a sticker and a spare included. Call Stern and they'll send you one or two.

3 weeks later
#6171 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Picked up a pro today... Does the very noticeable wood grain seem normal?

No not at all. Actually none of my games (even earlier WMS) have the grain showing as prominently as this. Sometimes really fine vertical lines are sanding marks left from the drum sander as they smooth the entire PF but then you'll see them even over the plastic inserts.

TWD in particular usually has a thick perfect clear when you get it NIB (which then gets some pretty heavy dimpling from presumably softer wood - more so than earlier Sterns or MM, AFM, etc)

Did you buy it used? (NM - read more after your post)

#6208 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

So after hitting Horde on the first day, this game has been completely humiliating me!
My average ball times is 1:10, and I just can't get anything going. I hate that you get a mode started and the game screws you with a stupid drain from the prison magnet or from dropping out of the tunnel.
Not sure about this game!

When the prison magnet has the ball hit both flippers to release it... when you see it fall maybe a half inch down hit both flippers again to pulse the magnet... this will yank it back a bit and hopefully off to one side or the other. Sometimes you'll even get a free hit at the head as it flings it upward.

Mine's pretty finicky so I have to time it just right. Other machines I've played allow you to simply hit both flippers repeatedly (after the first hit to disengage the ball) to fling the ball around. With mine I get one chance but it usually works - think of it as another skill set for the game

Tunnel shouldn't be an issue so trying raising or lowering a single leg in the front until you find the sweet spot. Mine very rarely puts it down the middle. And I do very little shoving and shaking.

#6227 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Played a few more games today on the pro we have at work. Man, I'm not sure if all Walking Deads get this many center drains, but it more than I have gotten on any other game to the point I dont even want to play it. Consistently coming out of the pop bumpers I'd estimate about 85% go down the center.

Put a matchbook under one of the front legs

Heck can you even find a matchbook these days?

9 months later
#7496 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I’ve had two premium/LE games and neither of them allowed you to fire the crossbow on the way out (moving to the right hand side initially) just the way back. I never thought this was an issue?

No you can fire the crossbow immediately. I can hit barn or bicycle girl right away.

If the ball isn't properly settling on the switch to start with it will delay firing until it senses the ball is making contact... usually later from north to the right.

1 month later
#7623 5 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Thanks, I will try bending it and see how that works.

You can also try to either double up the spring on the WW or shorten the original. By having him not jump around so easily it stops the switch from opening with the slightest hit on the PF.

#7635 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You must be a great player. I can't hit that shot reliably WITHOUT the rubber installed!

Yeah hitting it is one thing... but to do it cleanly enough so it doesn't get hung up and go to hell by the pops is another

THEN... if you do nail it - it flies back around the outlane at such speed that when you nail the combo on the right ramp it has the propensity to fly right off... the velocity is just that great.

I know the train track mod would fix that but I don't like the way it blocks so much light on the right side of the PF. Anybody make a clear guard that's unobtrusive?

#7640 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You defeinitely need to adjust something. Not sure how it’s flying off the right ramp. Even from a strong tunnel combo, should be smooth as butter up the arena ramp. Now when it’s returning down the left side of the game, you can add a piece of clear lexan to the top of the hump so it doesn’t ramp off from the speed.

Yeah oddly on mine it never jumps off the right ramp as it is returning down the left side. Only when I really nail it out of a left orbit and into the arena ramp shot. It can fly off maybe a foot or so up the right ramp. My machine may not be perfectly level - I've never had an issue (maybe rarely) of the ball going SDTM from the pops.

I'm a little hesitant to try to fix one issue and cause another. The fact you never have the issue makes me consider it. That could be the problem.

#7641 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

The train track mod is on the return portion of the left ramp to the right of the right ramp. It's not on the right ramp (arena/fishtank/crossbow). That's the combo shot you're talking about, isn't it?

Hmm.Maybe you are correct. From memory I thought it was a long piece of H.O. scale track laid over the right ramp. I haven't seen it lately so I'm probably mistaken.

5 months later
#8244 4 years ago
Quoted from toeskneez:

I have a premium which has all surface mounted led’s. not bayonet or plug ins like the pro. I don’t believe there is a list in the manual, at least not that I could find after searching high and low!

If you are talking about changing the insert colors (actually adding color) the simple way is to just slide in some colored gels.
Not optimal but easy and the results look pretty good.

#8248 4 years ago
Quoted from toeskneez:

I have a premium which has all surface mounted led’s. not bayonet or plug ins like the pro. I don’t believe there is a list in the manual, at least not that I could find after searching high and low!

If you are talking about changing the insert colors (actually adding color) the simple way is to just slide in some colored gels.
Not optimal but easy and the results look pretty good.

Quoted from toeskneez:

Please excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by “coloured gels”?
I have since had a similar idea, but using cellophane under the play field above the lights. Cheap and nasty, but it might work a treat!

That's really what "gels" are. You can get multi-colored packs of sheets pretty cheap at hobby shops. Some colors work better than others but the ones that do work look pretty good. Nice having color in the middle of the PF instead of a wall of white.

Good luck. You'll like it!

2 months later
#8435 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Here's a creepy translite option that would work on all models but might look best on the premium?[quoted image][quoted image]

It *would* be nice to finally have something that would work on the Premium. This must be fan made though as in the show the zombies certainly aren't all bald. Kinda throws me a little looking at it.

But it's nice to have an alternative.

1 week later
#8539 4 years ago

I'm thinking about finally getting a shaker for my Premium for the hell of it. If you have one... is it well implemented in the code? I assume it bangs along with the subwoofer in Horde but when else do you feel it? Worth getting or annoying?

Also is Pinball Life's shaker decent?

Thanks gang

1 week later
#8598 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

Hey guys finally joined the club. This thread has been amazingly useful and I installed a few mods from recommendation and the custom radiohead/NIN sound pack. Game is brutal but an absolute blast.[quoted image]

Remember you can put some thin green plastic over the backbox tube to dim it and reduce the reflection on the glass. I used some clear green plastic binder material I got at Staples. You could even just put some masking tape across the front of it. Anything helps. Kudos on getting a keeper.

2 weeks later
#8646 4 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

Finally got the powdercoat done on my pro.
Really happy with the effect and how it turned out.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That does look great on the Pro. Usually I don't like painted coin doors as they stick out and attract the eye for no reason but yours really fits in with the cab. Good choice!

#8666 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

About 1/2 the posts in this 174 page thread are about the mods to smooth bicycle girl ramp and the cross bow not working right so there's that....
On the other hand in the premium /LE the walker bombs add a lot to gameplay and are a huge advantage , the spinners and lighting effects seem pretty cool too ( the pro is brutal when the vast majority of lights are out during crossbow and parts of other modes, no idea if the prem does this too). I think I could take or leave the bicycle ramp bash toy and the walker magnet
very happy with a pro but I wouldn't mind a premium, both are great games

Despite the hyperbole over here my later model premium ramp shoots just fine. Didn't have to do a thing to it as the ball simply rockets right up it pretty damn smoothly. Maybe earlier premiums have some issue but mine certainly doesn't.

It's also kinda amusing seeing guys buy a $2 ramp flap and some pieces of 3m double sided tape for $30+.

It'll never be quite as slick as the pro ramp that has nothing going on with it but that's about all the pro offers over the premium.

Both are fantastic games though... my favorite Stern by far.

-

2 months later
#8795 4 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

I think the premium has a mod for the CDC ramp to make it a little more... approachable?

Lotta the at least later-built models have zero issues with the left ramp. Mine was smooth and reliable out of the box. Still is as I was playing it last night. One of the easiest shots in the game.

The "mod" is an extra $3 ramp flap stuck on with double sided tape for $30

#8829 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I have had hairballs fly onto that part of the ramp, roll back, and out the notch.

Maybe you shouldn't let your cats walk all over the machine then...

4 weeks later
#8894 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

Just added CzTV to my TWD. I love it. I have the whole 3rd season on it with sound.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

But when would you have time to even glance at it?

3 months later
#9258 3 years ago
Quoted from Da_Wizard:

Say something my buddy fuckn off a real good walking dead And regrets it

English2 (resized).jpgEnglish2 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 16.00
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.95
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 26.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=manic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.