IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4328 7 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

What's everyone think about the voice/sound mod? Original characters.

Just got a twd pro last week and put the Cleland R rated package on after a couple of days of listening to the hick. I had high expectations based on the feedback around here and it exceeded them. It is excellent.

2 months later
#4567 6 years ago

Must've got lucky, less than 5% centre drains out of the pops on my machine. Newer build, Sept 2016.

1 week later
#4602 6 years ago

Ran into the Horde reset bug last night for the first time, what a bummer!

Good thing I knew about it in advance or I would've been worried about my machine.

They gotta release a code update to fix that.

#4607 6 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Can you explain a little more about the reset bug? I just got mine so I'm not up to speed on the issue.

When you get to Horde mode, while playing it, the power to the flippers gets cut off and the machine does a full reboot back to the loading screen. Happened to me during a 3 player game.

Based on earlier posts in this thread, it seems to happen a lot when stacking Riot and Horde. This was also the case when mine reset, I was completing the third level of Horde with Riot running, made the shot, then lost flipper power and the machine reset.

1 week later
#4675 6 years ago

Had my first billion point game last night on my Pro, what a rush! Ended up with 1.5B and set almost every personal high score record, including a Horde of 480M. It's pretty cool watching all of those new high scores get locked in, one after another, once you enter your initials.

Apologies to my two opponents who had to stand around and watch haha.

1 month later
#5019 6 years ago

Getting lots of airballs off the slingshots on my Pro, anyone know of a fix for this issue? Machine is level and ~6.8 degrees.

#5021 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Can you turn the coil pulse down? Are the rubbers on right?

Had to turn the slingshot power way down (15) to get the balls to stop from jumping straight into the outlane once in a while. Makes the slings very weak though, would prefer an alternate solution that allows me to have faster sling action.

Rubbers are on correctly.

#5023 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Try a different sized rubber maybe. Do you have any 2" around?

Will check tonight and report back. Thanks for your help.

Based on your advice earlier in this thread, I added Velcro to my prison zombie head target - works much better now, so thanks for that suggestion as well.

#5032 6 years ago

The 2 1/2" black rubber rings that came stock definitely feel very loose. I only have one 2" on hand, but i am going to try it out.

1 month later
#5135 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I have this sometimes too, i thought it might be related to the switch the door assembly that is triggered to early du to... i dunno... vibration or something?

Also had this issue (skillshot being cancelled when the prison doors open). Was being lazy and hoping someone would follow up on this in this thread, but I got tired of waiting around and decided to troubleshoot it myself.

Went into switch test mode and started banging the PF... no luck. Started mucking around with the prison doors and noticed that the zombie head in the prison was being triggered by the doors opening. I had previously gapped the zombie head switch obscenely tight to ensure that it triggered when hit. But, after doing the velcro fix (thanks Wurt!) the switch no longer needs to be set to hair trigger. Added a bit more gap for the zombie head switch and it resolved my skillshot issue, and the zombie head still registers nicely on direct hits. Huzzah!

2 months later
#5491 6 years ago

In Lyman I trusted, and my faith has been rewarded.

Anxiously awaiting updates from colorDMD and Cleland. Stock audio is just as awful as I remembered.

1 week later
#5604 6 years ago
Quoted from Knoler:

While you’re at it, go for black flipper bats! Looks great with red rubber. I’ve always found the yellow flipper bats out of place, personally.

Wouldn't recommend this as it decreases the playability of your machine. The yellow bats are easier for the eyes to pick up.

light (resized).jpglight (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#5760 6 years ago

Anyone know how to fix flickering bayonet LED socket issues? The ones right beside the flippers on each side (under the inlane guides) are flickering/not working. Tried swapping bulbs with each other but did not resolve.

3 weeks later
#5884 6 years ago

Pop drains = leveling issue

All machines will drain from the pops on a bad bounce once in a while, but in general, the pop exit should feed the left flipper.

#5909 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I've played close to 10 different TWD machines and they've all had this issue, some worse than others. Someone else mentioned hitting the flippers when the crowbar hits the zombie head to 'pulse' the magnet for the prison but again that doesn't work on every machine all the time.

Nothing in pinball works "all the time". The magnet pulse will usually save the ball, unless it pulses it straight down the middle, which does happen occasionally. That's pinball.

I have played well over 10 different TWD machines in Pennsylvania, New York, Michigan and Ontario, and the only ones that drained from the pops consistently were improperly leveled. If you are certain that the machine that is experiencing this issue is leveled correctly, I would try to level it 0.1/0.2 degrees to the left to see if that resolves the pops issue without affecting general play significantly.

3 months later
#6365 5 years ago

LMS way easier than Valinor. Not even close.

#6368 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Really? I feel I've been much closer to Valinor than LMS. LOTR allows players a lot of ball control, where TWD is nearly uncontrollable.

Sounds like you need to dial in your TWD.

2 weeks later
#6464 5 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

The adjustment could be changing the rubber, modifying the switch gap, or using a software option (I don't know if the SAM system has such an option.)

It does.

#6492 5 years ago

Nudge better.

#6495 5 years ago

Why level your game properly when you can just claim that the designer doesn't know what he is doing, lol.

2 weeks later
#6578 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I usually prefer Dot XL setting on color DMD. I prefer dots to the “smoothing”

Down with smoothing! Ruiner of animations!

#6589 5 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

Is it just me or is Siege hard as f$&k to get to? I can get to maybe 4 left..

It's pretty tough, but you can continue your progress on subsequent Prison MB attempts. When I got to Siege it was not my first Prison MB attempt of the game.

During the first portion of Prison MB, just shoot the prison over and over - that seemed to help me beat the first part quickly, as the prison awards a lit arrow shot.

2 weeks later
#6713 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I know a lot of people say that wizard modes for LOTR, MET, and Simpsons are among the most difficult to reach, but to me it feels like TWD is even harder (can't speak to Simpsons, as I've barely played it).
I've been a few shots away from Valinor, I'm pretty sure with a lot of time in I could possibly get to EOTL, but getting 115 walker kills in TWD seems impossible. My best is 74, and that is a game with two Hordes, Terminus, and just a lot of really good control.
Thoughts?

Listen to them.

#6720 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

So LMS isn't one of the hardest?

Not really. EOTL and LMS are relatively similar in terms of difficulty, with EOTL probably being a tad bit harder to reach. They are not easy by any means, but games like LOTR and TSPP are more difficult to reach as they require a myriad of complex goals to qualify.

If you focus on Barn, CDC and the Well Walker, there's always a relatively safe zombie kill available. Just ignore Riot, Tunnel and Arena unless lit for multikill. You don't have to shoot the drop targets at all.

LMS, while difficult to reach, is not really in the same ballpark as WPT, TSPP, LOTR, WOZ, ACDC, DI, IMDN (maybe BBH?) and other notoriously difficult to reach final wizard modes.

Disclaimer: I am ranked in the top 300 and have been to LMS and Encore, but none of the others listed (yet!)

1 month later
#6809 5 years ago

Personally I would not modify the post in any way or add anything that is not supposed to be there. Tunnel shot is hard enough as it is.

As someone stated above, levelling the game correctly is the proper solution. Just adjust the front right leg leveller a little bit.

1 week later
#6859 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Meh. Everyone says that LOTR is the toughest, but I've been three DTR shots away from Valinor.

Game setup is a huge factor. Your LOTR outlane posts were closed. That's a massive difference, and I wouldn't put any stock into getting close to Valinor on an easy playing LOTR.

#6862 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I moved the post to default and almost did it again, so telling someone not to feel good about achieving something on their game is pretty petty.
I get it, you're highly competitive, and when i told you that i almost hit Valinor the first time, you reply had nothing in the way of congratulations, and everything about how my game is probably set up easy.
If you want to dedicate loads of your time to being a top pinball player, then all the power to you. But don't discount others highlights because it isn't up to par with your standards.
Pinball is supposed to be fun before it's competitive, and everyone plays at different levels.
I started about a year ago. I've had LOTR for about 3 months, and to get a few shots away from Valinor a couple of times if a pretty cool thing to me... It doesn't have to be to you.
Play pinball. Smile a little.

Cool. Not going to derail a club thread.

4 weeks later
#6961 5 years ago

Once people run out of space, they need to start buying mods and other crap to scratch their pin-buying itch.

#6976 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Is Terminus worth a lot of points? Been there 3-4 times, and always drained really quickly.

Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Boom... 554M in one single shot!
This was during terminus.

#6985 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Hey all! I’m borrowing a TWD Premium and notice ball save times on multiballs are very long. I didn’t see any setting to lower this time or disable it. Did I miss something?

They are in the game specific adjustments settings. Just look for ' _____ MB autofire time'.

1 week later
#7019 5 years ago

Anyone happen to know the size of the large nut that is used on the magnet core?

#7028 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Hahaha yup. I had one shot left on prison to start that MB, but it hit the door and dropped sdtm.
Game is fun though. Brutal, but fun.

If prison MB is lit, the doors should be open.

1 month later
#7193 5 years ago

Just double flip to pulse the magnet when the ball is being held. It rarely sends it SDTM if you pulse the magnet.

#7218 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Not this shit again.

Oh look, it's the guy who knows everything about pinball again. How did that work out for you in the Iron Maiden thread? LMAO

Hint, it ended up with you apologizing for your "stupidity" because you are a "moron" and I was "absoultely right". You were "humbled" after finding out that I was correct, even after you told me that I was "literally wrong".

I'm still waiting for you to post a video (as you offered to do) where you proclaim your ignorance to the masses by misunderstanding how pinball works and then arguing about it like an asshole.

#7243 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I'm thinking that the only thing that would explain the differences between machines would be 1) hardware and/or 2) setup. We are running the same code (at least I hope everyone's updated). I know others have chimed in and add me to the list to say that I have almost no stmd drains from the prison magnet. I would venture to say maybe like 1 in 50 at most and possibly even better than that. I really feel for you and the rest who have this issues because it would frustrate me to no end.

When I share my experience, as a tournament player, I'm not just talking about my own machine either. I have played dozens of TWDs, all over the northeast (Toronto, Cleveland, Buffalo, NYC, Pittsburgh). None of them have prison magnet drains as bad as what is being described in this thread.

I know this may sound harsh, but I do believe that player skill is factoring in here as well. Weaker players will miss a lot more savable balls, and consider them to be unsavable magnet drains.

#7245 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m no slouch. At all. The game I had at home was 100% sdtm from the magnet. Straight up and down like a rocket to the drain.
Even if there was no tilt rod in the game and it was on pinskates, you’d probably still not be able to save it.

Yeah I know, seen you play, I'm sure your machine required an adjustment.

But it's like the 'drain out of the pops' thing, skill level is a big factor. Along with setup.

Edit: To clarify I'm not saying that people are making this up. Some (all?) machines need adjusting to play correctly, but pulsing early via double flip will always be a part of the solution as it starts the side to side movement earlier.

#7252 5 years ago

Do you have any evidence to support this? How is 'the pulse' different? Does the code pulse the magnet a certain way if the animation completes and pulse it a different way if the flippers are activated? How did you determine how the pulse is implemented, and how it's different under certain circumstances?

When you don't flip during the animation, the magnet doesn't activate until the very end of the sequence, by then, sometimes the ball can already be moving down towards the flippers and avoid most of the power from the magnet. Pulsing early will start the lateral movement earlier and affect the ball more, while the ball still has more of a chance to avoid the centre.

#7257 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I'm completely confused by your post. The magnet is activate while the ball is being held. Are you saying that the magnet pulses differently if the animation is interrupted? I don't see why pulsing 2 seconds early would have any difference on the movement of the ball. The only way it could work the way you're suggesting is that the code has a different pulse configuration if the animation is cut short, which makes no sense.
I've probably played TWD over a thousand times, if not more. Some machines are more susceptible to the STDM than others. For example, mine loves to throw it STDM. I don't care when you flip, it makes absolutely no difference at all. The only thing you can do on mine is give the game a wiggle to try and influence the position of the ball on the magnet before it releases.
On the other hand, the one at leagues threw the ball around like crazy and would only drain STDM maybe 1 out of 100 times. I'd pay money if mine worked like that one did.

If you don't flip, there is a slight delay between the magnet dropping the ball and then the magnet pulsing. When you avoid that delay by flipping early, the ball has a much better chance of moving laterally because it has no downward momentum, like it would if you had waited. The magnet does not pulse while the ball is being held. It pulses after.

If your machine is just throwing it SDTM before the ball even leaves the core, it requires a hardware adjustment.

#7259 5 years ago

You're claiming the magnet turns off, then pulses ONLY if the animation isn't interrupted by flipping? That flipping causes pulsing immediately, without a delay that is present if the animation completes?
How did you determine this?
It seems unlikely flipping would make the magnet behave any different. More likely flipping simply ends the animation and the magnet does exactly what it would have done anyway, just sooner.

Agree with what you are saying for sure, the same behaviour should be expected from a software standpoint.

Can't explain why my machine pulses at different rates after the magnet core is turned off. But watching the ball, when you flip early the ball is affected by the pulse well before it leaves the magnet core. If you don't flip, the ball drops straight down (for an admittedly short amount of time) before the pulse seems to affect the ball path... the ball is already dropping passed the bottom of the core before it changes direction, if it changes at all.

Probably just hardware/setup as the data seems split on whether flipping helps or not. Seems like it helps for some, but other machines are just mean bastards.

#7264 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I wouldn't say I 'regret' my pro purchase, but I do wish I'd gone premium, there was one in the same area (With the topper!). Price bump would have been about $1,200 more CDN, but in retrospect I should have done it.

1200 wow you dropped the ball there lol. Premium is worth about 3000 more than pro in Canada.

#7267 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Well, the pro I bought does have a colour dmd, powder coated armour and a shaker motor... I know that doesn't get me to the $1,800 but at the end of the day I have $1,200 more in my pocket and a pretty great pin.

No doubt. Many prefer the pro anyhow, myself included.

2 weeks later
#7334 5 years ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

I was exactly the same... I owned the pro and it didn't click, too much is missing. Sure the well walker can screw you by whipping the ball into the outlanes, but that's the charm of magnets. If you have the chance, grab the premium/le.

That's the kind of "charm" that would make me sell a machine lol.

1 week later
#7375 5 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Went through quite a few posts to check but couldn’t see/find anything about the TWD (Pro) playfield sticker I found on our machine. Was this the code name for TWD? And what’s with the numbering (464 of 525)?
[quoted image]

Yes that was the codename.

525 is just the number of pf's being made in that specific batch.

2 weeks later
#7413 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I’ve noticed that if I hit a drop target down before I start multiball, then hit the remaining drop targets down during multiball they reset without lighting the modes. It will lock in whatever insert I had lit for the drop targets, but it doesn’t light the modes. I’ve also noticed if I hit a drop target down during multiball, but finish the drops after the multiball has completed, the three drops reset without lighting the modes. Is this normal?
I’m not 100% sure this is how it is all the time, I just know there is a point the drops reset and the modes don’t flash.

After your first mode it takes more than one set of drops to light the modes again.

#7416 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I didn’t know that. I’ll check it out and report back. Thanks for the info.
All I know for certain is there are times the drops reset and the modes don’t start.

If you want to understand more of the rules, read the first post here:

http://tiltforums.com/t/walking-dead-wiki-rulesheet/122

#7432 5 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

do what I do... I put it on 10 balls to get where I want to be... LOL
at least that way I get to experience all this machine has to offer... when im finished I put it back on 3 ball...
also, I never save the scores when I play 10 ball... that just wouldn't be right.

Coin door ball saver option in the menu works great for this as well. Just leave the keys in the coin door and open the door whenever you are about to drain. Ball will come back into the shooter lane when you close the door.

#7440 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Any folks out there like the pro over the LE or prem?

Right here. For me, the ultimate version would be the current Pro with spinners.

1 week later
#7495 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Even putting it on the sling will make collecting Well Warker MB jackbots easier as one good rip through the spinner will count as a pile of switch hits

That's what you want, WW multiball kinda sucks on the Pro because of the lack of spinners.

3 weeks later
#7573 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

My magnet is fair but the drain from the pops Kill me. Has anyone done anything around the pop area to help with this? I nudge, slap, kick...helps but I constantly fight it.

Have you tried leaning your playfield .2 degrees down to the left?

2 weeks later
#7625 5 years ago

Personally, I wouldn't own a TWD if it wasn't as punishing as it is.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=maken and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.