R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg
IMG_1737 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
pb39 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider loneacer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9209 3 years ago

This game is brutal. I've had mine for a couple weeks and had never played it before. Finally got in a bit of a rhythm and scored 380 million with 82 walker kills in a game last night. It's not much, but it's better than the 20 million games I had been putting up. I got 5 of the weapons. No idea what happens if you get all 6.

#9211 3 years ago

Ok cool. So I almost got a mini-wizard mode? I've done blood bath and siege once or twice, but those are the only things I've gotten to outside of the normal modes. I don't know what I'm doing that earns the multi-kill weapons other than completing bicycle girl. They just seem to happen if I keep the balls in play long enough. I've browsed the rule sheet, but I haven't played enough to know what a lot of the shots are called yet. I'll figure it out as I play more.

I wish the call-outs were more helpful or less lights flashed at the same time to help guide you to what to shoot next. Or I'm still not used to processing the difference between an arrow that is flashing and an arrow that is solidly lit. If it's solidly lit I think I still need to shoot at it like older games used to require, but I think now it means it's already been completed/collected. I haven't played many games made in the last 20 years.

#9218 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Wait...you've gotten Siege but not Horde? Wow...that seems impossible. I mean...obviously it's possible if you kick butt at prison multiball and ignore everything else, but wow. Siege takes some skill. It takes, what...12 prison walker kills on stock settings? When I had my pro I set that down to 6 and I still only got there a couple times. I haven't changed my premium (yet, LOL), and haven't gotten anywhere close. Nice work.

I could be wrong, but I think it was Siege. I had a prison multiball that seemed to last 10 minutes and I hit everything I aimed at. I was in some mode that I'd never been to before (granted I've only had the game 2 weeks and maybe played 75 games). Can you get to the first stage of Siege and have a game only score 380 million?

I did read the Tilt Forums post about a week ago. There's just a lot to take in when you're new to TWD. I didn't even know what was starting prison multiball until I read it (I knew a certain amount of prison hits, but not the exact rules behind it). I plan to read it a few more times as things sink in.

1 month later
#9291 3 years ago

I finally gave in and adjusted the tilt settings to give me a fighting chance against some of the cheap drains a couple days ago. Got Horde twice last night (4 times total now). New high walkers killed of 87. Still haven't gotten to Last Man Standing or Terminus. New high score was around 575 million.

#9293 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

What do you think is better, looser tilt or easier settings? That's something I've gone back and forth on and recently ended up making siege settings easier. Looser tilt may screw you over at tournaments

I use factory default settings on all the machines I've had. I figure that's how the manufacturer wants it played and makes it easier to compare scores from machine to machine. I've never moved outlane posts or anything from how they come from the factory.

I try to set the plumb bob at about a middle setting, but now I have it almost completely off on TWD.

#9298 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I finally gave in and adjusted the tilt settings to give me a fighting chance against some of the cheap drains a couple days ago. Got Horde twice last night (4 times total now). New high walkers killed of 87. Still haven't gotten to Last Man Standing or Terminus. New high score was around 575 million.

One day later and I almost doubled my previous high. Slightly over a billion. Got Terminus for the first time, but didn't do too well on it. Got Horde again. 114 walkers killed. Terminus was kind of a dud unless it gets better as you complete it. I wish it was at least a multi-ball.

#9303 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I think it’s time to start modding out my LE. Bone stock except the Bicycle girl light.
Thinking of:
Color dmd
Burning barn
Art blades or mirror
Any other suggestions?

Factory topper for sure. $$$.

1 week later
#9355 3 years ago

This game is really starting to annoy me. First ball I had 71 walkers killed and two extra balls stacked. I ended the game with......73 walkers killed.

#9361 3 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

So, you killed 2 walkers with 4 balls..? That is seriously impressive.

Yah tell me about it. Only game I played last night. After that impressive display I turned it off. I did get Horde on one of those balls, but you don't kill walkers during horde.

#9373 3 years ago

Three days later and y'all still rubbing salt in the wounds? The next day I had flashbacks of doing it again. Not quite as bad, but this time I had 65 kills on ball 1 and ended with 85 after 2 extra balls and balls 2 & 3.

My issue seems to be that I get prison multiball, well walker multiball, and blood bath all on the first ball, then it feels like there's nothing easy left to shoot at. I guess you can get those multiple times in a game, but I haven't done so often.

#9375 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Just had my best game to date cut off at 114m by the ball skipping off the arena ramp onto the bicycle ramp then coming back down sdtm. Was getting some speed up with a few loops during a Multikill. So a bit annoyed. It’s pinball, I know. My previous high scoring game ended when the ball came off the wire form return from arena into the left outlane. So I bent the top spikes up a bit and put some washers under the wireform return to raise it up a bit. So I know the RV mod no longer available. I don’t think the baseball bat mod would fix it. Will look through to see other ideas for shields. Any help appreciated.

I don't know about this particular issue, but I get more airballs with TWD than any other game I've played. It's common if I miss the CDC/Bicycle girl ramp for the ball to jump over the well walker into the pop bumper area.

4 months later
#9696 3 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

Is $1250 for an original AMC Stern topper too much or is that a reasonable deal?

I've read $1200-1500 in multiple threads.

#9717 3 years ago

If anyone is looking for one, I'm planning to throw this up for sale. Probably for $7500 + shipping if required. Considering what the topper sells for now, if you backed out the price of the topper and the color DMD, you're left with an LE with a bunch of other mods for under $6k.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-the-walking-dead-le-w-topper-colordmd-ampamp-lots-of-mods

Pretty much the same as it was when I bought it except I restored the factory sounds. I've put around 300 games on it. If there's interest, I'll put up a proper for sale ad with new pics.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 26.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider loneacer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=loneacer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.