IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kcZ.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1321 8 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

My crossbow often won't fire until it gets to about midpoint (pointing straight up the play field), is this a coding glitch?

Crossbow is definitely a little buggy... I often have to hit both flippers in order for the crossbow to sense a ball is there. I'd say about 25% of the time it will not shoot until its on the return part of the swing.

#1340 8 years ago

LOL... I've had mine less than a week and I think it is time for it to move on.

#1345 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Can you tell us more about what your not liking?

It is a frustrating game. I went thru the audits and most of my games are 1-1.5min long. 2 ball saves per game seems to be the norm also. I like the rules of the game but these drains are ruining it for me... and I refuse to cheat and put some odd rubbers to help with the drains. On a positive side, I think it is making me a better player as I am learning when to take certain shots and when to avoid them. After a frustrating session on TWD the other day, I took a couple rounds on Met... made Grand Champion score plus a bunch of the top mode scores.

I think that I need to learn nudging better in order to save the ball. I watched Bowen and he is great at saving the ball from the outlane. If I could save some of those outlane drains then I would be much better off. Yes, I have plenty of center drains... out of the pop bumpers, off the prison, ramp shots that do not make it but most of those can be fixed with smarter play.

On a side note: I did fix the crossbow switch. Ball registers every time now. Took some frustration out of normal game play there

#1347 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Should be plenty easy to sell.

Likely an over reaction by me after a frustrating session. After fixing the crossbow switch last night, I had several very good games.

#1351 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

IMO - This makes no sense other than "pride". If the game is truly ruined for you, and there is a simple fix????
All newer games come with adjustments for different skills, including adjustable outlane posts. If you make it too easy, just back off on the adjustments and make it harder again. A great game is a great game - ADJUST TO FIT YOUR SKILL/ENJOYMENT!
FYI - It's not cheating, unless you are competing/comparing against others.
Also remember, if a game is too easy -> the fun/excitement goes out the window. This adjustment argument works both ways, there are many games that need a tweak to make them harder, which makes them more fun! Of course telling your friends you made your game harder than stock works much better in a pissing contest.

Disagree... My skills need to get better in order to enjoy the game. Not everyone goes home with a trophy in my book.

That being said... I think I need some nudging skills. I polished up pretty good on shot skills, not that I can make them all but I know which to shoot at when. Obvious room for improvement on them though. As for nudging, I have no skills.

#1369 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Yeah, they are both pointing down. Screw is in set position. Strange because my MET shaker is so hard I had to mess with the cabinet just to calm down all of the squeaks and rattles. The shaker in my TWD seems like it takes a bit to get started and actually shake the cabinet.

Same here... Met shaker is nuts, hardly tell there is a shaker in my TWD. Shaker so worth it for Met... TWD, I could take it or leave it at this point but I feel that it rounds out the Premium idea more to have a shaker, if that makes any sense.

1 month later
#2257 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Anyone have a video of it? I think thats one of the few things I want to add.

you can see one in my TWD Prem at MGC.

#2266 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Anyone else having their crossbow button not registering the first time you hit the fire button? I have noticed mine definitely does not register the first time I push the button. I'm thinking it is just needing an adjustment of the leaf switch, but wanted to ask before I go prying all around in there.
Thanks!

Adjust the switch. I had the same problem, sometimes it would not fire until the return arc. In switch test, I noticed that the ball had to be just perfect for the switch to register... I adjusted the switch and it has been find ever since.

1 week later
#2465 8 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

If there is anyone out there on the fence with respect to Gnassels BG light... get off your ass and buy it. It is extremely well built, works exactly the way it should have from the factory, makes a bland area of the playfield brighter and interactive, and he has improved its function from his earlier version. Seriously it is well worth the cost. Its a MUST have mod for a TWD prem / LE.

Or you can but my game complete with this mod

$6300

Shaker, Cliffy, Gnassel BG... 550ish plays.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 16.00
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kcZ.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=kcZ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.