IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#160 9 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

Great thing is that because the ball isn't hitting Wellverine, you can mount whatever you want on top there, without needing to build a replacement switch or other assembly.

The well walker is a fantastic mechanism

1 week later
#195 9 years ago
Quoted from Rom:

Here's my pro so far….
Mods:
-all GI & inserts changed to warm whites (only very few colored ones);
-convolux yellow glowing plastic protectors;
-hitchhiker sign;
-woodbury sign;
-express mart sign;
-backpanel ramp illumination kit;
-prison tower;
-fishtank;
-prison door roof;
-Maggie figure (like that girl)…

TWD PRO mods.JPG 222 KB

Great effort. I like how you've kept most of the gi and inserts white.

3 months later
#307 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

First MOD you need to do is the VOICE call out mod. Format your USB again and load that sucker up. Having the character voices in there makes it a completely different game and playing is much more enjoyable. And do not forget to switch the two plastics behind the well walker so he goes back all the way from direct strikes, this will also prevent your top plastic from breaking in the future. Stern may have already fixed this on newer TWD pins but if you a NOV or earlier model they did not. See pic for reference. The smaller plastic needs to be on top. The assembly line folks assembled them incorrectly

Screen Shot 2015-04-01 at 8.50.33 PM.png (Click image to enlarge)

Not disputing that it may improve the ww response to hits as far as how much he goes back but plastics are installed correctly from factory. That being smaller plastic, which if examined you can see it perfectly is cut to sit next to the pop, on the bottom. And the larger one on top which is not cut to sit snugly next to the pop. I'm leaving mine factory but may change later to check it out.

2 months later
#394 8 years ago

A possessed well walker.... Cool. You have some amazing ideas and mods their especially the prison tower. a little constructive criticism... Declutter the pf of a lot of those mini figures, then those great mods you have done will stand out more. Awesome ideas though!

6 months later
#1941 8 years ago

For someone who's owned a pro for a year and loved it and now considering a premium. Is it worth it? My biggest worry is the bg ramp killing the flow?

#1944 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Dude, I pulled a Bowen earlier today. Ball was in the right outlane, and it had actually passed the post, and I was able to wiggle the machine side to side and gently up and down very slightly and got it to travel back up and out of the outlane.
It was unbelievable. It's moments like those where all the "BS drains" are cancelled out, and you feel like a pinball god - for just one teeny tiny 2-3 second blip...
All credit to Bowen; he did it with the lights and sounds and audience and pressure of PAPA. I did it just in my private gameroom.
So amazing.
Added fellow Pinsider, Beatmaster's shooter assembly mod. Looks so killer. Link to read up on it is here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shooter-rod-housing-lighting-kit-new-mod
20160228_221354_(resized).jpg20160228_221404_(resized).jpg
Looking at ordering the Crossbow with laser site as well as the BG light mode from Gnassel soon.
Anyone be able to comment on the crossbow with laser mod? Any inputs/thoughts/reviews?

Where did u get the shooter housing lighting?

#1959 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Yes.
Undeniably.
I have a Pro and Prem literally side by side for a temporary time, and the difference is pretty huge. The lightshow alone is just awesome and something I did not expect to win me over in such a convincing fashion. So many things I did not know about with the Prem. I will admit the BG ramp does have a tendency to shift a bit from side to side, and one airball was so powerful it left the BG ramp entrance and flung itself sideways to the other end of the same ramp. My machine is perfectly horizontally level with a 6.6 deg pitch (Craftsman Torpedo Level checked).
All the tiny little things really added up though for me: 2 spinners, drop target, flasher inserts FOR each spinner, fishtank, walker bombs, crossbow, WW magnet, really nice clean artwork on the cabinet (you can see a LOT of differences with a Pro and Prem side by side), lightshow, BG ramp/target, WW guts, and coordinated color changing arrow inserts, traditional lockdown bar mechanism, and service rails.
Granted, I am prolly in the honeymoon stage, but like you, I owned a Pro first, and yeah, definitely worth the upgrade to me. Took me about two months nearly to the day to go from Pro to Prem - first time I have EVER upgraded.

thanks for the feedback. I have been apprehensive as my last upgrade from st pro to premium sucked and i sold the premium about a month later. Mainly due to the boring code and medals garbage which obviously isnt a problem with this game. I do prefer the pro bg ramp over the bash toy but thats not a deal breaker.

thanks again

4 months later
#3111 7 years ago

Is there a thread for Gnassels bg mod? Thanks guys

1 week later
#3169 7 years ago

Yes this has been talked about to death, but I've owned a pro for about a year, sold it, and since have been deciding whether or not to buy the pro back or get a premium. I've gone premium and it arrives next month. Yet.... I'm still slightly apprehensive about a couple of things even tho I've researched etc and I know the walker bombs alone are awesome to have. The bg ramp is still my one concern. With the pro that left ramp was so smooth and you could do repeated shots with X coming more into play.

But yeah go premium I say if you love the title. Best stern offering in recent times imo

1 month later
#3432 7 years ago

If your employing blings they may have a tendency to become magnetized. There's quite a bit of magnet action in this game.

#3476 7 years ago

In the club (again). Owned a pro last year and vowed to get another one down the track.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#3479 7 years ago

Yep definitely worth the upgrade. Although the pro is a great value pin still.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=john1210 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.