IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jakers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5157 6 years ago

I've been wanting to join the club for a while and finally pulled the trigger this weekend. It needs a few tweaks here and there but I'm having a blast with it so far. I need to figure out how to stop the crazy airballs from the left ramp posts. One bounced up and got stuck behind the well walker and another ended up in the shooter lane! And yes, the big clear plastic airball protector is installed above the posts.

IMG_3296 (resized).jpgIMG_3296 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#5294 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Is it common for the prison door optos to not register prison door hits often? It seems if I have a quick, solid hit, it doesn't advance the letter. If I have a slow or medium hit, it registers just fine. Is there an adjustment for this? The prison shot seems to be very risky for me because a lot of the solid shots bounce back SDTM or get caught up in the slings if I manage to get a flipper on the ball.

Make sure your magnet is exactly flush with the play field. I adjusted my magnet to try and stop it from throwing the ball straight down the middle. Even at a quarter turn it was sitting too much above the play field causing the ball to catch air and sail over the optos on a fast hit. Do you have a cliffy around your magnet? I've also heard that those will cause small airballs too.

1 month later
#5441 6 years ago

Well, I wasn't expecting to see this when I got home today...

IMG_4173 (resized).PNGIMG_4173 (resized).PNG

#5450 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Now do I install and lose my Cleland update and hope he updates his work.
Or chance losing Cleland's work ?
LTG : )

My thoughts exactly. I do have a backup of Clelands version so I suppose I could always go back if needed.

#5454 6 years ago

So since they updated some things in the DMD does that mean ColorDMD is going to need an update as well?

2 weeks later
#5649 6 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Re: The sticking Well Walker in the back position. Thanks for the suggestions. The following short video shows my issue and some questionable assembly movement "up". Is this normal?
» YouTube video
The larger of the two plastic pieces was in fact mounted on top, so I switched it as suggested. This has only given him a more extreme angle to remain back in though.

My well walker does the same thing. Registers all hits correctly so I assume this is the way it was designed.

1 month later
#5982 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Is this normal for the BG mod? theres a flicker while the light is white. My phone is old and the camera sucks so please excuse the focus problem.
» YouTube video

If that's the Gnassel BG mod then it's normal. He made a few different light types.

1 week later
#5996 6 years ago

Nice!

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 1.12.12 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-16 at 1.12.12 PM.png

1 month later
#6080 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thanks for all the responses guys about the Woodybury Drop Target decal I have messaged Stern about it so will hopefully get one sent out as there wasn’t even one in the goodie

Just a heads up for when you get your decal, when I first put mine on the drop target would sometimes only drop halfway. That was because the decal is quite thick and the edge was catching the lip of the drop mechanism. I put a piece of thin mylar over the drop target and decal and haven't had a problem since. It basically smooths out the thick edge of the decal and doesn't allow it to catch on the way down.

1 month later
#6382 5 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Anyone seen any air-balls? I just installed a 13 piece plastics protectors set fron Pinbits. Not easy, but, worth it.

When I first got my game I was getting insane airballs off the right post of the lift ramp. Balls would get stuck behind the well walker and a couple even ended up flying into the right return ramp. I made my own airball deflector which is about an inch longer on the right side. I haven't had an airball since.

IMG_3428 (resized).JPGIMG_3428 (resized).JPG

3 months later
#6808 5 years ago

There's a short wire form/ball guide directly behind that right ramp post. Try putting a flipper rubber on it. That really helped my center drains.

2 months later
#7127 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

thanks.
Checked the menu - can't find the brightness level for the backbox. Odd - I could find them in the settings game specific for my other sterns. Maybe you can't reduce the light in the BB?

I put a strip of electrical tape on the front of the bulb. It reduces the amount of glare on the play field glass quite a bit.

1 week later
#7161 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Saw this first with a friends TWD and than checked mine. The popbumper hits the metal post in front of it and slowly eats it away. Don’t think this can be adjusted or is it??
[quoted image]

I had the same problem and wasn't liking the idea of metal shavings on my play field. I took a dremel to the ring to make space for the post. I've been free of metal shaving dust for a year now.

IMG_3435 (resized).jpgIMG_3435 (resized).jpgIMG_3436 (resized).jpgIMG_3436 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#7271 5 years ago

Once every couple of months my insert lights go out and I have to wiggle the 2 wire connector on the center light board to get everything to work again. I know I've read about this problem in the past but does anyone know if there is an upgraded connector to purchase that would hold its connection better?

I've hot glued it and that didn't help.

#7277 5 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Replace the IDC connector at with a Molex connector. The IDC connector cuts through the insulation to touch the wire for the connection. But the Molex connector wraps around the stripped wire for a much higher capacity connection.

Do I need the .062 or the .093 terminals? Also, can somebody link me to the 2 pin molex connector I need?

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 1.31.23 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-11-30 at 1.31.23 PM (resized).png
1 month later
#7430 5 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

I picked up a Walking Dead Premium recently. All was good but now I get an intermittent problem where the playfield lights “freak out” and flash randomly and the ones that should be solid are dimly flashing. After a period of time, things go back to normal but then it happens again. There seems to be no consistent pattern, just random. It makes it unplayable since you can’t follow what is going on but all other things function fine.
When in all LED test, when it is working all LEDs flash. When it is not, it seems to be in sections.
See two video links. I checked all connections and almost splices for any mods that were installed but nothing obvious. .
Lights freaking out in game:
Lights freaking out in all LED test.

Reseat connector CN11 (2 pin, red and black wires) on your center playfield board. You can do this by just opening up the coin door.
C38F8A97-C874-40DF-95C3-54B1F3185D11.jpegC38F8A97-C874-40DF-95C3-54B1F3185D11.jpeg

2 years later
#10092 2 years ago

My well walker has been randomly triggering a hit during games. I thought it might be a flaky switch on him so I replaced it but the random hits are still happening. I went into switch test mode and wiggled all wires in the backbox and couldn't get anything to trigger a hit. Has anyone else had this happen before? Can anyone tell me where on the board the well walker switch connects to?

3 months later
#10294 2 years ago

After replacing my well walker switch I'm STILL getting random well walker hits while playing. The switch is definitely opening and closing correctly when the well walker is tilted backward. Can anyone point me to where the well walker wire connects to the board in the backbox? I want to check for issues in that area. Thanks!

1 month later
#10405 2 years ago

I'm at a loss with my phantom well walker hits. I've replaced the switch and adjusted it just many times. From what I can tell, it should be working correctly. I can move the well walker back and fourth and hear the switch activate and deactivate every time but I'm still getting random well walker hits when playing. It's pretty random though, one night it will happen over and over, the next night maybe only a couple times. Seems to me it's a loose connection or a cold solder joint.

Does anyone know where the well walker switch wires attach in the backbox so I can check the connection point?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 8.95
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jakers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=jakers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.